It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Flies Like A Bird Flapping His Own Wings..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

This isn't the Icke forums bro.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

I expected what the title suggests .
Is that too much to ask for ..DISINFORMANT

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

And you got it.
You want a linguistics lesson?

He owns the harness and wings - they are his own. The wings flap. He flies, similarly to a bird..

What part of "Man flies like a bird by flapping his own wings" is deceiving?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If he is flapping the wings what are the brushless motors for?
Blowing air in his face so he thinks he is actually getting somewhere

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
reply to post by popsmayhem

This isn't the Icke forums bro.

This ones for you OP!! ALSO should of been the background music.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

If he is flapping the wings what are the brushless motors for?
Blowing air in his face so he thinks he is actually getting somewhere

Splitting hairs, are we?
Do you say, "i'm driving to the store" Or do you say "My car is driving to the store, while i'm inside controlling it.

He flaps his arms, which controls the wings, and the wings flap. Are you satisfied?
Seriously. I didn't write the article or the headline, so why shoot the messenger?

Why continue arguing? I've conceded that he hasn't grown wings, which is evidently what you wanted to see..

Now please quit trolling my thread so others who want to enjoy this video and participate in a legitimate discussion can do so.
edit on 3/20/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You think this is trolling ? Wait until the others get here then you will have some explaining to do.
I will even flag it so even more will come and see the human bird falling from grace.
What was that motor for again?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I love the ignore button.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So this guy actually flew. Does everyone not understand this?
It's so funny listening to all the posts saying Hoax.
Oh and that we are the fools for believing it.

No wonder no one can get a legitimate UFO picture or conspiracy point across here.
I bet thousands of legitimate things have been swept under the carpet
because of being shot down by our crack team of debunkers.

*Chalk one up for the believers.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Aspiring Batmans around the world must be eccastic.
one step closer to a bunch of black dressed vigilantes flying around our cities.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Geez, what dismissive cynical punks we have become on ATS.
Great thread awesome find S&F.

Absolutely legitimate and actually naysayers,
a really big deal. Awesome OP, thank you.

This is gonna be huge.

edit on 20-3-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by sealing because: ad info

Nope - ATS is still filled with impressionable and gullible people who believe all youtube videos are real. "Flies like a bird flapping his own wings" implies human powered flight, which this clearly is not. That's all anyone was arguing here. Brushless motors are most certainly not human powered, so it isn't really "absolutely legitimate". But it's all going to be OK, kiddo. You don't have to resort to the name calling temper tantrum. If you resort to calling people names it only shows that you have no valid point. Better luck next time.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
I love the ignore button.

Right. Then you don't have to put up with people making valid points and responding to a legitimate response with the silly little "sprouting wings" comment. Are you really not understanding the point or are you purposely acting infantile about this? So the guy pointlessly flaps his wings, but that's not why he is flying. That's what the motors are doing. The thread title implies human powered flight. If you don't understand this simple concept, then I am truly sorry for you.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Hmm don't remember calling you a name.
Maybe paranoid's a good name?
Oh and the guy flew .

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am impressed if it is real and it certainly looks it. Now make it collapsible and paint it black and I will buy one tomorrow!

I AM BATMAN!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm, honestly, a bit torn on this one.

First, the dynamics of flap-driven flight is a bit of a mysterious topic. I do note, however, that the "flapping" of those wings is more of a twisting/rolling of the leading edge with a power stroke. So it's not a mere "up and down" motion of the wings.

The real issue, however, is the power necessary for flight, itself. The power produced by the flapping motion must equal, at a bare minimum, the power necessary to lift the body off the ground to its apex and accelerate it to the velocity observed. This guy is a push-up monster, presuming he really did fly in the manner demonstrated in the video.

I would say that it's possible. However, the engineering and physical challenges of accomplishing what we see in the video are equal to the CGI challenges of hoaxing it.

I am, however, impressed that he was able to retain control over the mechanisms as well as he was for his first time using them (I presume). Having considerable experience with designing hobby and model aircraft - the dynamics have a weird way of being fickle - particularly with long, low-mass structures that like to whip around all over creation.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'd prefer to have pedal powered flight.

That just looks tiring.

Bugger a bike, I'll have a jet strapped to some wings in a safe metal tube. I'll call it a 'aeroplanomobile'.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

"Dismissive little punks" isn't calling people names? Ok. Keep dodging the very simple to understand point that was made. This is not human powered flight. Regardless of ...whatever point you are trying to make. If me believing that motor powered flight does not equal human powered flight makes me paranoid...I don't even understand how you draw that conclusion. This is a weird conversation.
edit on 20-3-2012 by tallcool1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Edit: After reviewing the article.... I must stick my foot in my mouth.

He's powering the flight using a motor system slaved to an android based mobile device running on bluetooth-networked accelerometers.

Explains the pushup monstrosity problem.

Now I just need to figure out whether or not it's possible for such a small motor system to provide that much power. Brushless servo systems are powerful... but I'm still a tad skeptical.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Aim64C because: Open mouth, insert foot

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Jamie Hyneman of Mythbuster has weighed in on this...
www.tested.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
On the video posted earlier called Testflight with wings made from a kite | 13/14

1:50 to 1:53 Yeah lets cut to CGI here while the camera is pointing down at nothing.
2:21 to 2:28 Ok lets do the exact same cut back to REAL footage here.

FAKE and probably an April's fool hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join