Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Man Flies Like A Bird Flapping His Own Wings..

page: 2
74
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz
 


Reminds me sort of the first attempts of lewis and clark. However compared side by side you would have said they failed too. Not a bad first attempt, I think, it could only get better from there.




posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT
 


yeah seriously!!! so what if they couldn't create the exact mechanics to mimic a bird, this is HUMAN WINGS, not bird wings, but yes we got the idea from BIRDS!!! doesn't mean it has to be EXACT, from what i saw this WORKED and i BET its a PROTOTYPE.

PLEASE PLEASE Record yourself jumping that high, and if you can... i'll call YOU DA MAN
edit on 20-3-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Bob Sholtz
 


Reminds me sort of the first attempts of lewis and clark. However compared side by side you would have said they failed too. Not a bad first attempt, I think, it could only get better from there.


I think you mean the Wright Brothers

But you are correct. Their first flights were far less than impressive by today's standards..



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT
 


Color me stupid LOL

Thats what I meant.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd
 


EXACTLY!



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Out of breath.Pulleys. Needs Pulleys.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT
 


And funny enough, it just so happens, all 13 other videos are about the creation of this invention.

NOW PLEASE TELL ME, what idiot, goes and makes a 13 episodes serious on his invention, to hoax the outcome on the 14th?.... thats a big project full of male cow dung, where they wont profiet, because this video wont get the views that you think it wants unless its real

sorry to all you guys that think its fake, your just mad he did it first
edit on 20-3-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There will always be cynics and haters. especially on a board like this. You see enough hoaxed ufo vids, it evidently becomes a knee-jerk reaction to any moving pictures..


The boy may be crying, but it's still wise to be on the lookout for wolves...



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT
 


If the unit produces power then its not human powered ,its a powered aircraft and a substantially underpowered one at that.Its never going to fly until he stops flapping and starts running faster.
I cant believe the people who built and designed this actually thought it would work,didnt they research the many attempts through history?
Ditch the flapping and put a propellor and motor on it and your off with the birds.

Bottom line is Humans dont have the power to weight ratio for human flapping aircraft to work .
I am not being a cynic or hater its just basic laws of aerodynamics
edit on 20-3-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz
 


Nobody said it was "human powered". That assumption rests solely on your shoulders.

From the article:

The harness holds the brushless outrunner motors that power the mechanical propulsion system for the wings.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by DISINFORMANT
 


If the unit produces power then its not human powered ,its a powered aircraft and a substantially underpowered one at that.Its never going to fly until he stops flapping and starts running faster.
I cant believe the people who built and designed this actually thought it would work,didnt they research the many attempts through history?
Ditch the flapping and put a propellor and motor on it and your off with the birds.

Bottom line is Humans dont have the power to weight ratio for human flapping aircraft to work .
I am not being a cynic or hater its just basic laws of aerodynamics
edit on 20-3-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)


It looked fake to me..
Now it could be real, just seems like
i have seen this somewhere before.
Has anyone confirmed this is fake or real?
Video speaks for itself, now the real debuking
begins..
*The harness holds the brushless outrunner motors that power the mechanical propulsion system for the wings.*
that is not a man with wings that is a man with a motorized propulsion system then..

very misleading, BUT interesting to say the least..

Just hate to be the one using it when it fails.
edit on 20-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

It looked fake to me..
Now it could be real, just seems like
i have seen this somewhere before.
Has anyone confirmed this is fake or real?
Video speaks for itself, now the real debuking
begins..
*The harness holds the brushless outrunner motors that power the mechanical propulsion system for the wings.*
that is not a man with wings that is a man with a motorized propulsion system then..

very misleading, BUT interesting to say the least..

Just hate to be the one using it when it fails.
edit on 20-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)


True, it's not a "man with wings" but a man with a motorized harness with wings..

Seriously, did you expect a man who had sprouted the wings of an eagle?



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT
 


Well that throws a spanner in the works .I watched the videos and the title says this"Man Flies Like A Bird Flapping HIS OWN Wings.." I didnt know there was brushless motors and i guess associated speed controllers ,Lipo batteries,transmitter receiver.wiring etc . What youve got there is powered flight .albeit unefficient powered flight. They should add some more weight like solar panels so they can stay above 5 feet for another 2 seconds.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
cool video, but its a bit embaressing that some people would think this is real.
reminds me of that video of the guy running on water.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT
 


thats what people are thinking
though that It was just a man with those wings.
At least that is what I thought at first,
Which would make it 100% cooler..



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by DISINFORMANT
 


Well that throws a spanner in the works .I watched the videos and the title says this"Man Flies Like A Bird Flapping HIS OWN Wings.." I didnt know there was brushless motors and i guess associated speed controllers ,Lipo batteries,transmitter receiver.wiring etc . What youve got there is powered flight .albeit unefficient powered flight. They should add some more weight like solar panels so they can stay above 5 feet for another 2 seconds.


Again, what did you honestly expect, a man who had grown a bird's wings?
Obviously, some people are impossible to please.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
cool video, but its a bit embaressing that some people would think this is real.
reminds me of that video of the guy running on water.


Ah but not as embarrassing as it'll be for you when you find out it's real.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for.





posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem
 


It would be infinitely cooler, but as people have pointed out in the thread, people have tried throughout history...



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

Again, what did you honestly expect, a man who had grown a bird's wings?
Obviously, some people are impossible to please.


That would be a shape shifter...

seems plausible


edit on 20-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)






top topics



 
74
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join