It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Flies Like A Bird Flapping His Own Wings..

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Human wings Jarno smeets "Floris Kaayk" admits Hoax fake
www.youtube.com...

edit on 22/3/2012 by Jeroenske because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeroenske

That about sums it up.

Raist

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
EDITED.
2nd line
edit on 22-3-2012 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have been watching this thread since the op started it.

All I can say is

How do the hardcore believers of Youtube feel after supporting the authenticity of this video?

This is just another chink in the armor for Youtubes valididty.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So having looked at the video in the OP and not reading the rest of the thread... has this been labelled hoax yet?

It's ridiculous... doesn't even look real!!

There is no way that thing would fly, the wings don't move right (in terms of movement and on the video I mean) and it just looks stupid.

If it's not a load of bollocks then I apologise... It certainly looks fake.

How does it fly?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
So having looked at the video in the OP and not reading the rest of the thread... has this been labelled hoax yet?

It's ridiculous... doesn't even look real!!

There is no way that thing would fly, the wings don't move right (in terms of movement and on the video I mean) and it just looks stupid.

If it's not a load of bollocks then I apologise... It certainly looks fake.

How does it fly?

It's fake (the creator of the video has confessed on Dutch TV), so your intuition is correct.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh, but no, I think it just might be real.

The illuminati powers that be got to him and now his advanced alien tech is being suppressed to protect corporate profits for the elite reptilian overlords.

Anyone who fell for that fake "admission" has been taken in. I trust my eyes, not what some "Floris Kaayk" nutter claims is a hoax. That's the oldest trick in the book.

You won't catch me going along with it every time someone calls hoax in the main stream media.

Give me proof its a hoax.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Was being to serious at a sarcastic post.

edit on 22-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yes, a hoax

I'm surprised that Springer hasn't wadded this up and tossed it into the hoax bin.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I'm surprised that Springer hasn't wadded this up and tossed it into the hoax bin.

I have noticed several threads lately that should be in the hoax bin, but are not.

I believe that ATS is politically motivated to keep "hot topic" or popular threads open.(for some reason).

I swear this thread has gotten a few more stars in under an hour or so

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by XtraTL

Are you serious?

Read the thread.

Ha ha. You read the thread. In particular, pay close attention to who provides a lot of the debunking of the hoax. Some guy XtraTL I think.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL

reply to post by XtraTL

Are you serious?

Read the thread.

Ha ha. You read the thread. In particular, pay close attention to who provides a lot of the debunking of the hoax. Some guy XtraTL I think.

Your approach to this whole thing puzzles me.

Therefore I must say.

Have a nice day.

I feel as if I am chatting with a bipolar disorder case.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

You didn't take my post about "reptilian overlords" and "corporate elite" seriously did you?

I couldn't have laced it with more cliches if I had tried.

In any other forum, someone who talked like that would not be taken seriously. But here, it is mistaken for someone being serious rather than parody.
edit on 22-3-2012 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL

I couldn't have laced it with more cliches if I had tried.

Or maybe that's what you wanted us to think, so we don't steal the plans to *your* flying machine? I know your type.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

In any other forum, someone who talked like that would not be taken seriously. But here, it is mistaken for someone being serious rather than parody.

It's cool man.

I guess I can look a little too much into things sometimes.

There are many people talking alot of crazy things around here and they are serious.

I usually look for the
symbol.

I have read all about the reptoid thing and there are people who do take it serious.

My bad bad, I will go back and edit my post.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by XtraTL

My bad bad, I will go back and edit my post.

Oh I wouldn't worry about doing that.

That's the nature of hoaxes. Unless someone says it was a hoax, it is always very difficult to be sure. We might have our suspicions, but until they come clean, we essentially take them at their word.

This Jarno dude did a real number on quite a lot of people. Even one mythbuster now has pretty serious egg on his face and that "scientist" from Wired probably feels pretty silly for not seeing how ridiculous the whole thing was.

And then there's the crazy people who basically accept any idea so long as it is written down somewhere on some website. They don't check whether the extraordinary claims are backed up with extraordinary evidence. They don't look for a parsimonious explanation for what they see. They merely go searching for evidence to back up their pet idea, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

You are absolutely right, there are lots of people that talk crazy and take some pretty serious nonsense, pretty seriously.

I guess what we learn from the Jarno Smeets hoax is that even very respected people can be taken in. No one is immune from hoaxes, especially when they are told with a straight face and made to sound plausible by professional hoaxers.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeroenske
Human wings Jarno smeets "Floris Kaayk" admits Hoax fake
www.youtube.com...

edit on 22/3/2012 by Jeroenske because: (no reason given)

Embed for others.

The creator of the videos admits that Jarno Smeets is a fictional character that he created for an online experiment.

Here is the transcript to confirm the hoax:

Should be enough to put in the Hoax Bin
edit on 22-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
alright....Now waiting for the next elaborate Youtube sensation hoax that people are going to buy into...

actually, I should get into that, I'm quite handy with After Effects. Plus you get to go on TV shows

I think I'll name my fictional alter ego Kaufman Andy

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeroenske

Well, that pretty much concludes this adventure of the Flying Dutch Man.
To the hoax bin it hopefully goes.

If he does comes back around, let's just hope he doesn't have a steady wingman this time... as I'd hate to see an organized duo like that. Flying out of caves and and wreaking havoc on the general populous would indeed, be very bad.

In is in a sad but maniacal kind of way, that I must say....... upon recent developments here, I've thought about contacting this Floris Kaayk fellow here to discuss his motivations for this whole charade, as it would be a possible eye opener on many levels, but at the same time, maybe not a worthwhile endeavor in the long run.

In Time-
T.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

He did this for a study and a film project so it may not be the end of the story just yet.

Also there are more and more people taking flight everyday

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join