It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Flies Like A Bird Flapping His Own Wings..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yampa, read the thread, look at the images - even the previous page alone proves the hoax. You're just trolling now.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Arkady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Originally posted by sealing
Geez, what dismissive cynical punks we have become on ATS.
Great thread awesome find S&F.

Absolutely legitimate and actually naysayers,
a really big deal. Awesome OP, thank you.

This is gonna be huge.

edit on 20-3-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by sealing because: ad info

If you can't spot CGI in this video, then i have nothing else to say as all hope is lost for you

It is so blatantly obvious.

Man's physical make-up didn't evolve into something capable of flight, it is virtually impossible, we are too heavy and our muscles aren't strong enough, letalone being aerodynamic in build.

If you believe this is real....... w-o-w.

I've never understood replies like this.
Who are you to say that all hope is lost for someone who doesn't see something the way you see something? Jamie Hyneman of Mythbusters doesn't seem to think it's fake. I suppose that ALL hope is lost for him as well, since he doesn't see the "blatantly obvious" that your highly trained eye sees.

Get off your high horse.

This is the level of ignorance that is becoming the norm lately, people will accept everything they see without questioning the obvious wrongs about it.

Seriously, what do you expect me to say? If someone said that the sentinels in the Matrix series was not CGI and was actually in fact a living creature trained to act in a movie, am i going to assume "yeh you could be right!".

I'm not one for debunking everything, but this manned-bird-wing flight doesn't even need to be debunked, the CGI is obvious immediately, not the mention the scientific impossibility.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Here's PROOF.

Look at the video around 1:53, watch how the cameraman on purpose aims the camera towards the ground, now look carefully at the leaves, and you will notice that they suddenly change position or dissapear, obviously suggesting that they paused the video here, the leaves then moved in the wind or they aimed the camera wrong when they started recording for CG to merge both footage.

So now when he aims the camera back up this is when the CG and animation starts.

Also look at the person that suddenly appears next to the tree on the left hahaha.

edit on 21-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

reply to post by _Phoenix_

I looked at the images and that video, and I'm still not convinced. None of your arguments about the CGI are convincing to me, yet.

You should both answer the question: why would someone who has already built an undeniably real set of motor controlled flapping wings (several 'experts' I've read have admitted this), then have to use CGI to fake him hopping 2ft into the air? Any gliding wing will do that for you.

He supposedly did not fly until 19th March. The video you and Wired have referenced as 'proof' is from January. He didn't claim to fly in January. So your argument is that he CGI faked not flying. You call that proof?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here is proof they faked the audio effects for one of their videos:

edit on 21-3-2012 by an0ther0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
reply to post by Arkady

reply to post by _Phoenix_

I looked at the images and that video, and I'm still not convinced. None of your arguments about the CGI are convincing to me, yet.

You should both answer the question: why would someone who has already built an undeniably real set of motor controlled flapping wings (several 'experts' I've read have admitted this), then have to use CGI to fake him hopping 2ft into the air? Any gliding wing will do that for you.

He supposedly did not fly until 19th March. The video you and Wired have referenced as 'proof' is from January. He didn't claim to fly in January. So your argument is that he CGI faked not flying. You call that proof?

Because it doesn't just glide, it flaps in an impressive way, this is why they had to do CG.

Just watch the leaves from that video, and watch how the man suddenly appears, that proves that they faked that video, which automatically makes every other video BS.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

The proof of CGI flying is only a couple of pages back if you would dare venture that far into the thread

Someone posted pictures of differentiating marks between the original wings and the CGI wings

Haha I honestly don't really even know why anyone here is even still pointing out the many flaws with the footage it has been edited that is a fact, evidence has been presented then repeated, and then presented again and again and again

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In video 14/14, watch when he actually appears to take off, there is nobody standing to his right. But suddenly you are watching footage taken of him from his right side.

There was no sign of anybody to his right while taking off to even make that footage lol.
edit on 21-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

This is from the video where he "flys".

It is pretty obvious that the test flight is faked as well. I am not condescending to you man.

The sad fact is that people go to great lengths to deceive.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
update from dutch national television:

He made it which some mechanics in the backpack, prob. with wifi or so, cause he also used 2 mobile phones in his hands to simulate the movement, prob. a computer catch the signs which drive the motors in the mechanics....

He's prob. a student of the Technical University of Delft, Holland. The people there make crazy stuff over there! The University is also involved in space enginering and they have online studium generales by profs all over the world almost about every threat which is posed here. ufo's, the mayan, quantum Ficica, space, poleshifts etc, etc. check it out if you want, some are in dutch, most in English.

here's the link for the latest presentations:

www.tudelft.nl...

Here the archives:

www.tudelft.nl...

Check it out, speakers are highly educated scientists, historians, professors and so on! Good for a Sunday afternoon, or a boring evening, educate yourselfs!

Namaste!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ResiiseR

So is the "latest" proving he "hoaxed" this or not?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You know what I would like to see out of this thread?
An apology from people who insisted this was real. An apology for making other people provide them with the common sense they should have on their own.
Don't even get me started on the search feature....Its not only ridiculous but old and rehashed as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Are all of you that dumb?? He never said it was POWERED BY HIM!! ON his website he shows you pictures of the motor. It saddens me to have to say this, You are all Retarded...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by R4inM4n
Are all of you that dumb?? He never said it was POWERED BY HIM!! ON his website he shows you pictures of the motor. It saddens me to have to say this, You are all Retarded...

Amazing how you're resorting to name calling just because your ego want to keep perpetrating the belief that those videos are real.....

and for the people using smal R/C ornitopter as comparison.....Have you ever toyed with one? They are small and weight near to nothing. Even when the wind is blowing strongly its easy to recover
edit on 21-3-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
He did not even come close to flyin..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
why hasn't this Thread Been Closed
& moved to the Hoax Bin

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Jamie is not impressed

yes.. because he didn't think of it first~! Poor, poor Jamie.. and because Jamie isn't impressed we therefore should believe it's a hoax ...............RIGHT?

edit on 21-3-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teabags
You know what I would like to see out of this thread?
An apology from people who insisted this was real. An apology for making other people provide them with the common sense they should have on their own.
Don't even get me started on the search feature....Its not only ridiculous but old and rehashed as well.

yet no one has proved a hoax and you want apologies?

LOL

That's rich

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Why do these people have to run away from it like they just lit a fuse to a home made pipe bomb. Also the animation of the first couple of pumps are repeats/.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes apologies. Ever heard of them? They work great. You say hey man I was totally wrong I don't know what I was thinking, the internet just has so many videos nowadays who knows which one is a hoax?

The other people say hey man its alright just realize there is a lot of this and don't be so easily duped by them. I never meant any harm I am just trying to spread the idea of critical analysis/thinking.

Then we all go on our way, provide constructive criticism to one another if we have something to debate, and voila we deny ignorance.

Jumping to conclusions never works. Sticking with the jumped-to conclusion is just wrong in so many ways especially when you've seen the evidence.

Among all of the other pictures of hoax and evidence of hoax please look at this:

His foot clearly seeps through the computer generated background. No denying it, look at it for yourself, over and over if you need to.

Why do I think he did this?

Truth : I don't know.

Theory : Maybe he put so much time into the project he did not want to be proved wrong.
Theory : Maybe their is money involved aka promo viral video to sell an item

The thing is, I can't tell you its fake in a polite way. Once you are locked on something that you've defended so much you just cannot admit your wrong. It is a common human trait these days really. Look at government, lies to cover up more lies that covered negligence. Nobody wants to admit to being wrong. That is the way we humans work. Once you break through the wall of influenced willful ignorance it is hard to go back.

Once you break through that wall, you critically analyze everything important! This trait empowers people with honesty, forgiveness and apology.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join