It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Flies Like A Bird Flapping His Own Wings..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

If you call me a fool I humbly call you an idiot for not seeing the obvious. The simple up and down wing movement is just ridiculous. It would cancel out any lift. This is NOT how birds fly at all. But I guess there is one sucker born every minute

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Did I call you a fool? PROVE IT! I DARE YOU!

ALSO - I have a wind up flying bird that uses a simple up and down movement and flies!! Someone already posted R/C flying birds that do the same.

See what I mean about rushing to judgement?

here is a leg powered ornithopter

Not that I believe his arm/motor powered winged flight is real ...

In fact the video above goes to show the kind of engineering that it would take to do it.

Since we are on the subject ....

edit on 21-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes it is amazing, it will also be amazing when someone is flying with those and their arms get tired. Birds have hollow bones so theyre lighter and less dense. Flight is natural to them.

Howeve rit is interesting that a fellow figured out how to make a set of wings for flight powered by the human body.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by XtraTL

Where is the sun in all this? Oh yeah, look at the shadow directly below the wing. The "sun" is directly overhead.

I'm not saying this is real but I watched and re-watched the video and the sun is low in the sky with the wings almost on the ground and casting a long shadow until the wings are lifted up.

Well sure, one of the "suns" is low in the sky casting a long shadow on the far side of the wings. Where is the other sun then. (Actually, for the record, I think there are two light sources and one CGI shadow in this -- and we know they owned a CGI 3D model of the wings -- not a physics model mind you, the sort you have to have if you are going to produce a fake video.)

Anyone tried doing a WHOIS on humanbirdwings.net and noted that the site (with an 8 month blog) was set up on 27th Feb 2012?

Anyhow, it is all academic now. A large number of CGI experts have agreed it is fake. Most of the major outlets who originally reported this are now stating that it is a fake. Case closed.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What I cannot understand is why this is put in Skunk Works!

This is real.

Its terrific.

It looks so cold I wouldn't try it myself even if I had the money.

But its pretty cool nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

No its not its legitimate. Also, he isn't faking the red nose, sniffles and the reaction his body had to this.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The first video you posted @ 0:36 seconds it looks CGI to me. Just the whole way his legs and arms don't match.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by XtraTL

No its not its legitimate. Also, he isn't faking the red nose, sniffles and the reaction his body had to this.

So they will be very soon having a public exhibition where reporters will be able to film freely and scientists will be able to inspect the device? Please send me an invitation when this happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Its unbelievable that every page or so this is proven beyond doubt to be a hoax in several different ways and yet STILL people are swallowing this hook line and sinker and accusing people of jumping to conclusions when they point out how blatantly fraudulent it is. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Are people really this naive and gullible?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It was on the 18:00 o'çlock news today, there will be a special with these guys to find out how they did it and made it.

This movie is 100% true i think, untill it got debunked it the special which will broadcast tomorrow or the day after...

het the site of NOS - national television, sorry, only in dutch:
nos.nl...

More info follows i guess!

Namaste!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
Its unbelievable that every page or so this is proven beyond doubt to be a hoax in several different ways and yet STILL people are swallowing this hook line and sinker and accusing people of jumping to conclusions when they point out how blatantly fraudulent it is. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Are people really this naive and gullible?

Yes, they are. We could provide some examples but that only makes these people more indignant. Okay, here is one : Man gives away savings

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

See how at the bottom of the story they edited a little note: Update 11:15 am PDT: The headline of this post has been changed to reflect that we have not confirmed Smeets’ claim.

So in all actuality "wired" hasn't proven this to be factual, they don't know. They changed the title to say man "CLAIMS" he can fly, not that he actually can.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Nobody is taking pleasure by saying I told you so. Some of us want to always know the truth, no matter how painful it may be to learn.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So, I've gone back and watch and re-watched the video dozens of times. Yes, the shadows cast on the wing at launch do seem a bit suspect (i.e. fake).

If this is a hoax, then consider me hoaxed. Looked real to me.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by XtraTL

So you really think this dinky little set of motors can push down with 2000 newtons of force do you?

It just blows me away that anyone is taking this seriously.

Listen to the sound it makes. These sound like little lego motors.

And all that force is being transmitted through a piece of printed circuit board? Have you tried supporting your weight on a piece of circuit board?

Look at the fabric as the wings flap. It isn't even taut.

Where is the lift coming from. His horizontal speed is only a couple of kms/hr. The flapping is very slow. The whole thing is just ridiculous.

Come on people, give it a rest. It's so obviously fake it doesn't even need debunking.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Absolutely agree, people here are either really naive or they have really bad computer monitors. Because clearly this is a hoax, hands down no questions... HOAX. Nice post.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hoax. Fake. Untrue. Illegitimate. Fiction. Unreal. And all the others. Nice editing job though.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Its the physics, that is why so many skeptics and those on agenda trying to disprove something that is legit and demonstrated!

I was scratching my head and writing on another forum to stop raining on truth, and now I see.

Its because it reveals the true physics!!!

SO BE IT! DISCLOSE NOW!

OH AND STOP RAINING ON THE TRUTH!
edit on 21-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Guys ..... how about we all go to the actual site this person has made, he documented all his steps and ambitions.

Humanbirdwings.net

This all seems way too detailed and thought out to be a HOAX.

It applies the same basic principles that birds use to fly ..... how is that difficult to comprehend?

edit on 21-3-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join