It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop Arrests NBC Reporters, "Your First Ammendment Right Can Be Terminated!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
First of all let me preface I never heard of this website before, but it looks interesting, so feel free to check out the reliability of this web-site.

Apparently in Chicago it's against the law for reporters to repport the death of a six year old girl. Did Mayor Emmanuel make this possible?

Sorry could not figure out how to embed this one.

Steve Watson

Two NBC journalists were handcuffed and threatened by Chicago police after attempting to report on the murder of a 6-year-old girl yesterday, NBC Chicago reports. Police were called to the hospital shortly after reporters arrived on the scene. The journalists said they has already moved away from a public sidewalk and across the street at the request of the police. One police officer was then caught on camera telling other members of the media, “Your First Amendment right can be terminated if you’re creating a scene… or whatever. Your First Amendment right has got limitations.”

edit on 20-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Cops just making up stuff as they go along?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

O'er the land of the free...

Only free to do what you are told

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They've been terminating people's 1st, 2nd, 4th Amendment rights for a long time now. Ask any felon who's "paid his debt to society" if he/she can own a gun. In some states he/she can't vote. You think the 1st Amendment is any more sacred to the tyrants? Think again!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So why at the end of the video are the "suspects" uncuffed and across the street? If they were going to be released on the scene anyway, what was the point of handcuffing them and placing them in the wagon?

Looks to me like it an intimidation tactic against media.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I lived in Chicago all my life, every year it seems the police force hires more and more idiots to patrol the streets. They didn't do their job curbing violence so they feel embarrassed at their lack of police work, because all they are good for is going after easy targets like speeding and parking tickets so they don't want the media reporting on a little girl's death given the rash of gun violence over the week-end. At least that is my perspective. The cops that get hired don't apply for the job to make the streets safer, a greater majority of them just sign on so they can enjoy their power trip and trample over everyone as they ride their high horse.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

They're going to be in soooo much trouble now. Detaining or arresting a journalist exercising freedom of the press. What an idiot cop. Fire him. Do it now.
edit on 3/20/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: detaining

top topics

join