It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
CNN just getting word. I love to moniter their response time compared to what we get here. Right here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Theory: a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.

You should take a step back and really think through how critical you are being of this. This isn't being sold as fact, that is why it has been tagged as a theory. Get a grip already.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by paratus
White House: In light of today's earthquake, we can confirm that Malia Obama is safe and was never in danger
twitter

i saw a few pics of buildings that were pretty bad. also a transit bus that was halved by a falling bridge.

Dear WhiteHouse,

We don't give a # about Malia Obama, what do you know about this earthquake cycle???? And is the other Obama daughter in Mexico as well? Are they there to wait it out? And where exactly is emperor Obama gonna be in Denver tomorrow night?

Sincerely,
A guy with questions....

I would totally send that to them.. lol

Last time the Obama's went to Mexico, we got Swine Flu released. Now earthquakes.
Not too happy about him coming to Denver...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Theory: a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.

You should take a step back and really think through how critical you are being of this. This isn't being sold as fact, that is why it has been tagged as a theory. Get a grip already.

And here we have people like you jumping on board -meaning accepting it as likely fact- when this ISN'T THE DATE IN QUESTION.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by sealing
This 188 day thing that people dispute, like," See it doesn't apply,
it was 186 or 187 days so it's not a pattern" . I doubt the earth
follows a calendar to a tee. Whether it's 186 or 188 or 190 days
between major quakes maybe it is a pattern.

It was actually 187 MAYBE 188, but definitely not the 186th.

thread

What can humans predict accurately when it comes to Weather and Natural Calamities? Tell me?
There will always be a margin of error regarldless of how much society invests in modernized equipments.

We should wait until AFTER the target date, to draw conclusions based on a margin of error. The window JUST opened if you do 188 +/- 1 day..

And to prove the theory, it might involve multiple target date(s)

One should never shoot down someone else's theory no matter how stupid or far fetched. There's always an opportunity to learn
There is no such thing as accurate prediction when it comes to natural calamities. There are only symptoms similar to the birds and the animals who feel it before the EQ.
edit on 20-3-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
People are forgetting the Japan Quake and CHILE quakes shifted the AXIS of the EARTH. Every other 188 days an axis shift!!! NONE for this quake?? I take it. Another Axis shift would give full credibility to the theory.I think its about the Axis shifts and major quakes in relation to earth orbit...being the common denominators!!!!! These are fore shocks. IMHO. 36 hour window for a major quake. UP the Coast where that 4.2 hit or Virgin Islands. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
CNN just getting word. I love to moniter their response time compared to what we get here. Right here on ATS.

MSM is a joke.

I have given up on MSM news except if there is a documentary or extended news coverage with video footages.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Goin UP... maybe

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Any reports of injury/death etc?

apparently some injuries

www.dailymail.co.uk...

no deaths fortunately

I feel pretty bad that part of me was excited about this... knowing that people can get hurt or killed

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

And here we have people like you jumping on board -meaning accepting it as likely fact- when this ISN'T THE DATE IN QUESTION.

So on top of it all you have little to no reading comprehension skills, on top of being an apparent drama queen. Go back and reread what I posted. Good day to you sir.

link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

When do you think Obama will speak on Mannings use of the number 18 in Denver. Obama is going to Denver ?
Oh this is big. Forget the earthquake. or maybe that's why he's going to Denver. Going deep underground again.

edit on 20-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by shauny

And still 186 days is not 188 days nor is 187 days 188 days. You cannot buy cigarettes until you are 18. Not when you are 17 and 364 days. You cannot buy alcohol until you are 21 not at 20 and 11 months. And EQ's happen every day not on anyones schedule.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So on top of it all you have little to no reading comprehension skills, on top of being an apparent drama queen. Go back and reread what I posted. Good day to you sir.

Dear God,

I like to converse with adults...

According to you it's "pretty spot on" remember?

So does this give credibility to the 188 day cycle theory? It is pretty spot on for this quake if you ask me. I know some are going to say it happened in a hot spot which is true, but it's hard to deny the accuracy.

Thanks..
edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's not a theory, it's an observation and the data supports it.

If it is 188 days (leap year included) then the data supports the observation that large earthquakes happen every 188 days.

It doesn't say earthquakes ONLY occur every 188 days, nor does it explain why they do.

From the data I see the initial observation is correct.

The really interesting bit is the why...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Today is the Vernal Equinox. I have strong reason to believe the earthquakes are being triggered by the Sun changing position over the equator today.
edit on 20-3-2012 by UFOGlobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its even on one of the ley lines noted in this thread. Check it out second pic the line goes right through where the quake struck. If this has been posted disregard.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
[reply to post by karen61057

But this is leap year.

You have to recalculate everything now.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Come one folks.. seriously?

This is like a remedial logic course..

Correlation proving causation is a LOGICAL FALLACY.

188 is bogus and this doesn't even support the theory.. as the numbers don't add up.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm asking a genuine question here -

Who's theory is this?

What is the basis for their theory?

What credentials or expertise do they have in this area?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

How can you call it bogus considering the 188th day has yet to come around?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join