It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Sorry. I thought everyone could do basic math here. The point is that with this theory there can be only 2 earthquakes that follow the pattern and it's obvious that more occur outside of the 188 cycle.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I agree but wonder if they have it down to a fine art yet. Is it an exercise in how close and how big they can get it ie., still learning and I find it odd that Obamas daughter was in the exact area at the time - was this to say 'well they'll never believe it was man made because his daughter would have been kept well out of the way' God knows, I think I need a rest I'm seeing conspiracy in my conspiracy and no longer believe a word anyone says - in fact I don't even believe me any more.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Just to clear up confusion about the dates and time between these events, I did some exact calculations taking into account the exact times that these events occurred. I've taken my data from earthquake.usgs.gov (links below). I used an algorithm that takes into account everything, including leap years. The math used is perfectly solid.

Chile — February 27, 2010 (06:34:14 UTC) — 8.8

< 188.42 days | 4522 hours >

New Zealand — September 3, 2010 (16:35:46 UTC) — 7.0

< 188.54 days | 4525 hours >

Japan — March 11, 2011 (05:46:24 UTC) — 9.0

Fiji — September 15, 2011 (19:31:02 UTC) — 7.3

< 186.92 days | 4486 hours >

Mexico — March 20, 2012 (18:02:48 UTC) — 7.4

And that isn't a mistake if you're wondering, the hours between the NZ quake and the Japan quake are exactly the same as the hours between the Japan quake and the Fiji quake (4525 hours).

Chile Quake
NZ Quake
Japan Quake
Fiji Quake
Mexico Quake
edit on 21-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by planchester

The point is that with this theory there can be only 2 earthquakes that follow the pattern
And why exactly does "this theory" require that no other earthquakes occur hmmm? It would be quite absurd for any theory to assume that. And as a matter of fact no one is saying that... OK?!?!?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Don't know what to believe - the guy does get it right more often than the weather man on TV - I'm off to bed and hope I don't get shaken tonight!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Thank you very much for your reply, sir! I had a feeling this was the case... Now we need to know if Japan, and Chili were pointed either directly at or directly away from the sun.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Just to clear up confusion about the dates and time between these events, I did some exact calculations taking into account the exact times that these events occurred. I've taken my data from earthquake.usgs.gov (links below). I used an algorithm that takes into account everything, including leap years. The math used is perfectly solid.

Mexico - March 20, 2012 (18:02:48 UTC) - 7.4

And that isn't a mistake if you're wondering, the hours between the NZ quake and the Japan quake are exactly the same as the hours between the Japan quake and the Fiji quake (4525 hours).

Chile Quake
NZ Quake
Japan Quake
Fiji Quake
Mexico Quake

Seeings as the Chile, NZ, JPN & Fiji quakes all went off like clockwork, I expect another big quake on the 22nd. 9+, hopefully somewhere out of the way..
We shell see.

@3n19m470
I think you can find that out watching this youtube vid:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-3-2012 by wade989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The fact that there was a drill or simulation on the exact day does not necessarily prove that the quake was manmade. There is also the option of them knowing it would occur due to natural or cosmic forces and then planning a drill for the same day... Although this theory doesn't fit as well for the 9/11, 7/7, and Spain train bombings that were obviously not due to nature. Perhaps this quake is a "different" beast...? Or could be manmade... I'm just not sure of the purpose of all these obvious coincidences. Flaunting power? Sending a message to someone that they CAN make these events happen?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wade989

Seeings as the Chile, NZ, JPN & Fiji quakes all went off like clockwork, I expect another big quake on the 22nd. 9+, hopefully somewhere out of the way..
We shell see.

I was thinking the same thing... although 186.92 is only 1.08 away from 188, so it is still a very weird occurrence imo. I'm still wary about the 22nd though. To fit the pattern more perfectly I would expect the quake to happen at 08:02 UTC. EDIT: actually 8:55 UTC would be closer.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
The fact that there was a drill or simulation on the exact day does not necessarily prove that the quake was manmade. There is also the option of them knowing it would occur due to natural or cosmic forces and then planning a drill for the same day... Although this theory doesn't fit as well for the 9/11, 7/7, and Spain train bombings that were obviously not due to nature. Perhaps this quake is a "different" beast...? Or could be manmade... I'm just not sure of the purpose of all these obvious coincidences. Flaunting power? Sending a message to someone that they CAN make these events happen?

I would conclude flaunting of power and even sadistic, sacrificial ritual since most of these coincidental incidents were man-made and caused great loss of life and destruction - yet TPTB did not apparently reduce the damage they pretty much only framed it- in the sense of planning for it then showcasing it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah, Phage... The great conspiracy theorist!
Since you're "here", could you please tell me what your personal beliefs are regarding the coincidences of drills and simulations happening alongside real life disasters on the exact same day? 9/11 with a drill about hijacked planes hitting buildings... 7/7 attacks with the drill for bus bombings... The Spain train bombings with the drill about train bombings... And now this Mexico quake with a simulation of a 7.9 quake? I'm just curious if you have any ideas... Whenever I bump into someone of great intelligence, I try to make it a learning experience.
Thanks in advance for your answer! :up-

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There's about one quake greater than 7 on the richter scale every month somewhere in the world, and you are claiming that being 2 days off with the prediction is significant?

Looks like a total fail to me. Besides, the prediction was not for a significant earthquake but a strong earthquake. You are just cherry-picking data.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

May god bless those people

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

I feel the same way, however the man/group of men making this claim said a big one would occur March 22nd @ or around 4:58:34 UTC, thats pretty precise, If no major quake occurs by 9am UTC "on the 22nd", then, and only then can this 187/188 cyclic claim be dismissed.
We shall see..
edit on 21-3-2012 by wade989 because: changed from 7 to 9 am UTC..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Mexico — March 20, 2012 (18:02:48 UTC) - 7.4

Chile Quake
NZ Quake
Japan Quake
Fiji Quake
Mexico Quake

Thank you, though that last part seems like the Mexico quake is about 40 hours early, but I wonder if we can make the sample go back farther and see what happens. Really going to make the next day or so interesting, seeing if a better fit appears, ie, if the margin of error does tend to be within 5 hours for main event, and 48 hours for 'warning shots'

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
how large is large?
today in oaxaca mexico a 7.4
earthquake.usgs.gov...

in each month as mentioned above there is an earthquake above M7 so the probablility goes up that there is likely to be a large eq on the 188th day.

Plus the date in one half of the world is not the same as in the other half, but as long as we are talking GMT/UTC then thats fine. I have a database back to Jan 2009 so I can look for patterns fairly easily (see below).

So taking the 11th March 2011 and going forward and back 188 days we get
21-Mar-2012
15-Sep-2011
11-Mar-2011
04-Sep-2010
28-Feb-2010
24-Aug-2009
17-Feb-2009

So... we should be looking for eqs greater than approx M7.2 - M7.4 otherwise it is normal on a monthly basis?
Monthly largest earthquakes

but... as you can see Feb/Mar & Sep/Oct in the last few years have tended to have larger eqs in them. Is this natural? I dont know. The eq scientists would tell you that over a long time span any trends even themselves out although I agree that some of the numbers posted above do seem to suggest there is a pattern. How long should we wait until we declare a pattern has been found?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ratoris

but I wonder if we can make the sample go back farther and see what happens

I checked 2009 and the closest quake over mag 7 was 200.42 days before the Chile quake. So no match there.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

So the next one is on 9-24-12????

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blurps
reply to post by shauny

So the next one is on 9-24-12????
Yes if the quake today (or yesterday what ever) was part of the pattern, then the next one should be around the 24th of September. However, if there's another quake on the 22nd over mag 7 this month, that would be considered to fit the pattern more perfectly, and then the next one would be expected to happen on the 26th of September.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by SilentKoala

A poster before me stated the fact that the 188 day cycle phenomenon might be due to an outside source considering the fact that each 188 days we are roughly on the other side of the sun.

If I could get some other member comments on this it would be appreciated.

Side note, I don't think its a rogue planet or any of that unproven malarky. Everything revolves around something in our universe. Scientifically its ok to have the idea that we are revolving around a giant black hole in our galaxy.

It would make logical sense that when we get closer to the center, our planet gets pulled more than normal. It would also make sense that when we are the furthest away from center other gravitational forces pull in their own respective way.

Hence the 188 day phenomenon.

Everything revolves around something else.

This cycle is too accurate to be a coincidence so we search for a reason. There are two possibilities as I see it.

1. This cycle is roughly every six months + 6 days. So we look at the earths position relative to the sun and then check what the sun (ie solar system) is revolving around that would get the + 6 days. I dont know enough about star charts but drawing a line through the earth and sun at each occurrence should line up with whatever is having an effect. It should not be that difficult. It is possible that it could also be one of the outer planets but I doubt that.

2. The event is man made or assisted by man. Why I would not know.

Other possible but unlikely reasons would be God / Aliens / Operational Star Gates projecting through the sun. I would like to add more just to get the kooky stuff out the way at an early stage.

Since this cycle only goes back a certain time we could also try to find what has changed that kick started this trend.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join