187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 2
136
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Isn't the limit for measuring earthquakes about an 8? Whatever it is anyway, a 7.9 is huge. Hope there isn't too much mess, and zero casualties would be fantastic.

I remember an earthquake there years ago and the 'miracle' of 17 lucky babies found alive in the rubble. Some found days and days after the quake.

Touching wood all is A-OK. I wonder what the warning signs were, if any?




posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega man
Iam not sure if this link has been posted yet.www.zerohedge.com...


According to that link there was no major damage in... the city with the X in its name....



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
wow



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate
 

Yes, good to see they were able to revise the depth so quickly. The initial depth of 10 km was most likely one of the USGS default depths that they commonly use. The currently posted depth is more probably near the mark. Very shallow considering the size of this quake. Could well be some serious damage and possibly casualties from this event.


+32 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am a Canadian now living in Mexico City. I live on the forth floor of a small apartment building. The shaking I felt was like nothing I have felt before. The apartment was shaking for about 30 seconds and then I ran downstairs and went outside.When I was outside I can feel the ground shaking and swaying back and forth.I am trying to write this but I am a bit shaken up at the moment.This was a pretty intense quake.I hope everyone is alright.Take care.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Enough.

It's time for some critical thinking up in here. Allow me to do it for you:

Earthquake Recent History

Those of you desperately trying to find meaning in the mundane, perhaps you could be so kind as to actually do some research before you start quivering in your boots.

That's right, folks. Earthquakes happen damn near every day. If you only look for them every 188 days, you'll find a pattern.

Duh.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
From what has been said so far the quake shook buildings and seemed very long,

Electricity is back, but no phones

Mexico's president calderon says no serious damages reported from strong quake
It was 11 miles underground so there a bit lucky it was quite deep, No tsunami expected.


+6 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by camus154
Enough.

It's time for some critical thinking up in here. Allow me to do it for you:

Earthquake Recent History

Those of you desperately trying to find meaning in the mundane, perhaps you could be so kind as to actually do some research before you start quivering in your boots.

That's right, folks. Earthquakes happen damn near every day. If you only look for them every 188 days, you'll find a pattern.

Duh.


Were you around at the beginning of the discussion? We ALLLL know earthquakes happen daily. This pattern refers to large quakes which may have an effect on the earths axis.....



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by November5th
I am a Canadian now living in Mexico City. I live on the forth floor of a small apartment building. The shaking I felt was like nothing I have felt before. The apartment was shaking for about 30 seconds and then I ran downstairs and went outside.When I was outside I can feel the ground shaking and swaying back and forth.I am trying to write this but I am a bit shaken up at the moment.This was a pretty intense quake.I hope everyone is alright.Take care.


Wow, hope you and everyone else over there is doing okay!



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For all the skeptical people i think we can conclude that 188 day is a valid argument, sad but true.
The question now is beside the hope that no one got hurt.

Is this a 1 big quake or will others follow.
If South america is moving his plates what will be the effect on North America and especially the andreas or the new madrid lines?

any takers?



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think its the strength of the ones every 188 days that is the issue.
Again, hope all is ok, this is a strong one.


Originally posted by camus154
Enough.

It's time for some critical thinking up in here. Allow me to do it for you:

Earthquake Recent History

Those of you desperately trying to find meaning in the mundane, perhaps you could be so kind as to actually do some research before you start quivering in your boots.

That's right, folks. Earthquakes happen damn near every day. If you only look for them every 188 days, you'll find a pattern.

Duh.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Can someone refresh me on this 188 day cycle? Is there a thread here at ATS that explains things? Thanks!



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit
 

Using the open-ended Mw scale, in theory there is no limit to measuring a quake's size by a number, but in practice anything over a mag 10 (ie mag 11 or bigger) would be so cataclysmic it would cause devastation over large areas of the globe. This is because the quake's energy release (and hence its magnitude) is a funtion of the length of the fault rupture.

We only see quakes of mag 8 or bigger once or twice a year on average, those in the mag 7 range about a dozen times more frequently than that. Mag 9 quakes are much rarer than mag 8s and their long-term average is once every few decades. No mag 10 or bigger quakes have even been known in human history but are considered not impossible.

The biggest quake ever reliably recorded was a mag 9.5 in Chile in the 1960s.

Mike


edit on 20/3/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cayote
For all the skeptical people i think we can conclude that 188 day is a valid argument, sad but true.
The question now is beside the hope that no one got hurt.

Is this a 1 big quake or will others follow.
If South america is moving his plates what will be the effect on North America and especially the andreas or the new madrid lines?

any takers?


Until we can agree on when the 188th day is, I think we should hold off on speculation of the effect on the United States.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT
 


Use the search, it's a LOT of threads about it.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's a shallow one to
not good



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Is Obama's daughter still in Oaxaca on vacation? If so, it's weird, president's daughter, vernal equinox, major quake.......



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 

even if this is 1 day of that could be because what ever is pulling on the earth if moving closer.
the 188 day is in my opinion valid



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Can someone refresh me on this 188 day cycle? Is there a thread here at ATS that explains things? Thanks!


The MATRIX of 188 - LEY LINES of the 188 DAY Mega-Quake Cycle Discovered & linked to NEW MADRID QUAKE
www.abovetopsecret.com...

188 day pattern of major quakes & Illuminati 322 March 22nd Connected to February 23RD!?!??
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just type in the number 118 in the search box and a number of threads pop up.
edit on 3/20/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo, aditional link



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just like Japan 7.3 exactly two days before 03/09/11 and then a 9.0 and 15,000 aftershocks. Another coincidence!!!!





new topics

top topics



 
136
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join