It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Its what they did on the TV series "The Event". Used Earthquakes to harass the POTUS for compliance.

So now we have hollywood getting into the act the same as with Elenin. (See pudermans thread.) Hell I like it.
By the way SnF for a great thread OP.

edit on 20-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Its nearing the election. Obama might have ideas of going out and saying things that don't conform to the Banker World View.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by camus154

I provided the calculations, based on thirty years of historic data from the NEIC (with a link to the data), in my post here on page 4 of this thread.

The odds are actually about 1 in 5 for the example of a five-day window of time. So, around an 80% chance of being wrong.

Mike
edit on 20/3/12 by JustMike because: page number

Aren't those the odds of being right once?

With each 188 day quake the odds get much slimmer.

I saw 4 or 5 in order in the thread about it, has anyone traced it back as far as records have been kept?

I'm keeping an open mind.

Edit; nope, mind closed again, did more research.
edit on 20-3-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
We are always looking for symbols and numbers in order to understand our finite world which we believe is based on cause and effect. That's because there are answers in symbols and numbers. The search isn't in vain, the announced discoveries are just invalid and usually on purpose through greed, lust for power or simply people seeking an instant revelation to the truth of wisdom whilst being unwilling to put forth the effort to find it. When you want an answer bad enough yet are unwilling to work to find that answer you will accept whatever satisfies your hunger for that answer even if you know it may contradict your heart or logic. You want to believe so you do. (AKA. I think the 188 cycle is based on a need to believe in something rather than anything else.)

If you have extra time I suggest you read older texts as they were meant to be read as ALLEGORIES. Once you realize the link between ancient structures/texts and their persistent message through the ages(able to survive through allegories)...you will be able to find the key. If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you'd have the key to the universe.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
my god......

this is just awesome and weird and everything bundled up.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
excuses for my english...im colombian and i study cadastral and geodetic ingenierig...i found the firsth failure in this method...the earth its no plane, its spherical, for this razon we cant use pitagoras theroem..this theorem say...the internal angles of a triangle rectangle add 180 degrees...but in surfeces plane, but the earth is no plane its spherical...we use trigonometry spherical...in this trigonometry the internal angle add 360 degrees....

2. the latitude. of Concepcion chile its between 30 and 40 degrees and the latitude of chirstchurch NUEVA ZELANDA its between 40 and 50 degrees... if we use the Pythagorean baseline detuned all geometric figure.

thnks

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Can someone post a thread about that 188 days cycle ?
I can't seem to find it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

He did no such thing.

What we are currently capable of doing is predicting large EQ's every 376 days from a specific date, the Chile EQ (give or take a day or two but this is still very accurate).

You can deny it all you like but the fact remains we've been able to pick it within a variance of a couple days.

I reckon even the authorities would be envious of our (non-)intuition.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've seen far too many FAILED predictions for an accurate couple ( accurate sort of ) .. to matter to me in any way..

Even Geologists have been saying that the region is due for an earthquake, especially after the Japan event .. some said within 6 months, others have said it can happen even up to a year after and still be related to the original event.

My prediction? .. that's just the first.. I expect a stronger one closer to California pretty soon.. why? .. because it just makes sense..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamSession

I was interested in the earthquake prediction theories.

Firstly my data source was from www.ngdc.noaa.gov... , secondly the data mining utility I use is called weka you can get it from here: www.cs.waikato.ac.nz... . The following data I'm going to post was only used with this data and I have only performed a cursory glance at the database.

What is very interesting is when you perform linear regression on this data set you get the following results

EQ_MAG_MS =

0.0003 * YEAR +
0.0036 * MONTH +
-0.0014 * DAY +

With a accuracy of 99.63% with the training data set

Showing that magnitude and year are both positively correlated with magnitude and days are negatively correlated of course this is a simple least median squares method lets do a more complex method.

With a Gaussian radial bias kernel function (taking n dimension spaces and trying to fit a regression line to it)
SMOreg

+ 0.1675 * (normalized) YEAR
+ 0.0165 * (normalized) MONTH
- 0.1068 * (normalized) DAY
+ 0.7472

With an accuacy of 99.64% with the training set

Now there could be errors such as data mining leakage but this is pretty telling that on this data set,

earthquake magnitude goes up with the number of years.

Despite your impressive looking charts and explanations I come away from this with almost nothing I could make sense of. Judging by the number of stars received on your post I wonder if perhaps I am the only one somewhat braindead with whom this information escapes comprehension.

You conclude by saying, "earthquake magnitude goes up with the number of years". Is that to say they get stronger every year?

Please feel free to elaborate more on your findings and analysis.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
I can't seem to find it.

There is no evidence for a 188 day cycle.. it's another ATS/GLP theory .. I've even seen it linked to Elenin in the past.. search google and you'll find a bunch of links, but they generally go to forums like these.. there's no actual evidence for it that I would consider credible.. despite what is said in the forums.

There's a few interesting coincidences, but when you consider how many quakes happen every day on this rock.. I'm not impressed.. my EQ app goes off usually a few times a day with quakes of magnitude 5-6 ..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

If we had a true pattern then there'd be people all over it .. and he'd win the nobel ..

We invented the magnitude scale, we invented the calendar ( and not all calendars are created equal ) .. so it's pretty convenient if the earth's seismic activity decided to coincide with our man made scales and timing conventions.. I just don't buy it.

edit on 3/20/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I've seen far too many FAILED predictions for an accurate couple ( accurate sort of ) .. to matter to me in any way..

Even Geologists have been saying that the region is due for an earthquake, especially after the Japan event .. some said within 6 months, others have said it can happen even up to a year after and still be related to the original event.

My prediction? .. that's just the first.. I expect a stronger one closer to California pretty soon.. why? .. because it just makes sense..

This I can see, the crust is moving around in other areas, and since it's all connected there must be more stress on some fault lines.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I just found this article and as there are so many quake threads already I didn't want to make a new one, but here is a pretty odd coincidence to do with the quake link

Its a Spanish page announcing that there is going to be a mock eathquake drill for a mag 7.9 earthquake on the 3/20/12 at mid day in Chiapas Mexic

Heres a translation

Mock Earthquake of 7.9 degrees

Date: March 20, 2012 at 12:00 pm
For more information:
View poster

The aim of the exercise is to test the responsiveness of the State Civil Protection System and the General Population, upon the occurrence of a disturbing phenomenon of large scale, allowing the exercise to evaluate and provide feedback on action protocols in an earthquake.

Now that is one heck of a coincidence
edit on 20-3-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If you use google earth and overlay google sky near Mexico there is this.

at 5h 29m 57.75s, 16 09' 13.84"

What is that?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
I can't seem to find it.

188 CYCLE VIDEO SINCE 2010 TIL NOW PEEP Y ALLZ
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I posted this in a different thread, but fits in here too...:

What I think needs to be done is to calculate the time in hours between the quakes, using GMT or something similar, then get a margin of error, and see how it fits together.

Also, sure, the OTHER quakes not fitting doesn't mean a dang thing right now. IF (and it seems that it may well be) there is a 188 day cycle (or maybe 4,500 hour ?) and that is a starting point. remove those from the list, and see if any new patterns may arise, maybe there are 5 other cycles, perhaps 24 days, and a 756 day, etc) and maybe when they align they may have bigger ones. Perhaps looking deeper, there might actually be a 282 day and a 188 day that explains why certain ones are bigger. This may well be a harder challenge than the ancients (ie, some dead pope) that figured how to accommodate the damned leap year. Hell, the whole 188 day thing might better compared to lunar months or something else! The 188 day cycle may still need tweaking, but think of Wagner when he found continental drift, but couldn't explain it, and how after that did it actually get taught in colleges, let along elementary school? Maybe it will go down as being 4567 hour cycles, and will be called the '188 day oscillation' even though it isn't 188 days. (Like how the Cincinnati airport is in KY, the Dayton airport is in Vandaila, etc)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neddy
If you use google earth and overlay google sky near Mexico there is this.

at 5h 29m 57.75s, 16 09' 13.84"

What is that?

Phage has a really good explanation for this thing that just keeps on coming at us. He explained it as some sort of telescopic anomaly . But I keep seeing it again and again.
I'm beginning to doubt Phage on this one. Did I just write that out loud ?
edit on 20-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Crazy insane, or insane crazy? I have been telling people about this since I read it only because it made a little mathematical sense. Insane!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

Originally posted by ProfATS
CNN saying a 7.9 between Acapulco and Mexico City. 186 days

This 188 day thing is UTTER madness !!!

I agree. If there is a cosmological reason for these quakes. Then perhaps it's to do with the orbit of the Earth every 6 months as the solar system travels in a certain direction around the galaxy. There is a massive cosmic dust cloud we entered some years ago that maybe affecting the solar system.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join