It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

I like the word you made up Noobieness.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

I'm as noobie as you, ragius. When I saw that "earth rupture 12 miles deep" I said, "Whaaaat?" It really took me aback. Sounds really bad.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here's more.

Sounds powerful to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If the 188 day cycle appears to be relevant, is there any chance of mainstream scince regarding it with anything but derision?, they tend to do their best to belittle and forget information that does not fit current best scientific effort.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

What do you think of this:
www.2012hoax.org...

This 188 day theory is based on a few earthquakes, but doesn't hold true.. have you tried going back lets say five years.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RicFlair

It would make a lot of sense to call the EQs included in the 188 day cycle theory axis shifting EQs just to save arguments good work

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Mind I can't help but back you on bringing this to our attention. Inspite of the utter picky almost jealous sounding
resentment of others. Your by far gosh damn close enough for me as we speak. Who knows about further confirmations. For now up to this minute I applaued you.
edit on 20-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

www.2012hoax.org...

This 188 day theory is based on a few earthquakes, but doesn't hold true.. have you tried going back lets say five years.

I haven't had time to do that research, but have definitely planned to.

As for terral, like I've said, I dislike him, but I don't believe he's the one who came up with the 188 cycle..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
WOW 187 DAYS.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Proof of small tsunami measured at Acapulco. The area seems to suffer from long-period non-tidal water level variations with periods of 20 minutes which is highly unusual anyway but these are no more than 5cm. The plot shows these have increased to 20cm over the last couple of hours, comparable with some of the locations on Hawaii after the Japan tsunami. It may not seem much but unexpected quick changes in water level even on this scale can cause damage.

I can't find anything nearer the epicentre for now.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Mind I can't help but back you on bringing this to our attention. Inspite of the utter picky almost jealous sounding
resentment of others. Your by far gosh damn close enough for me as we speak. Who knows about further confirmations. For now up to this minute I applaued you.
edit on 20-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

hahaha the utter picky resentment made me laugh. But I appreciate you.
edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

www.2012hoax.org...

The theory of the 188 days also states that an object with massive gravity is approaching our planet, and is the cause, so going back 5 years, the object is too far away to cause earthquakes.

Not sure if I believe, but you can't compare apples to oranges.

Also, consider this, the object must be travelling in the ecliptic and at slightly faster than earth travels around the sun, because it is slightly more than 1/2 year for the sun, the earth and the object to align.

This gets me thinking, where is Jupiter or Saturn at these 188 day intervals?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow , tons of useful information. Thanks guys.

2nd.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
It's not a theory, it's an observation and the data supports it.

If it is 188 days (leap year included) then the data supports the observation that large earthquakes happen every 188 days.

It doesn't say earthquakes ONLY occur every 188 days, nor does it explain why they do.

From the data I see the initial observation is correct.

The really interesting bit is the why...

Look earthquakes happen every day. Looking at a list from 2009 showed me three 7.5 in the month of Jan of that year alone. So counting every 188 days will get you another quake. It is simple. Thats like saying sunshine makes me hungry.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
New quake of magnitude 5.0 just hit on the same spot in Mexico!
you can observe quakes in:
Realtime worldwide here
Realtime North America here

Update: 4.6 magnitude quake just hit Kamchatka Peninsula
edit on 20/3/2012 by Fichorka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You're right. According to this video Wayne Young is the one who came up with the 188 day theory.

I don't think you'll like the video though:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Yes I've seen that video. I've tried to watch as much as possible before "picking a side". My point is, TerralO3 and his heavy mass object, aren't the origin... lol

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Dont know if this was mentioned yet but the quakes have to do with planetary alignments that are happening at the given times....Please watch video for more info.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Breaking News ‏ @BreakingNews Close
Guerrero state government: Hundreds of houses collapsed in Igualapa, Mexico after earthquake - @cnnbrk

this, after President Calderon said there was no serious damage

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
NOTE

I've just opened a thread which I want to use for the sole purpose of reporting quakes from now, until the 22nd. We need to be specific, if we really want to try to nail this theory this time around, instead of waiting until september.

New Thread

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join