It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the hell is a 'Gravity Trough'??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Once again we have people giving Terralo3 play on yet another DOOM DOOM DOOM binge, and it seems like there has been no simple search to verify this crap.

According to logic, if there is a 'gravity trough' connecting this "heavy mass object" to the sun, then there is one connecting the earth to the sun. Using that same logic, the moon would be all over the place, and crumbling to bits after 1 solar eclipse. Terralo3 is trolling and making up galactic bull #, AGAIN.

I hope Terralo3 reads this, considering every time he posts a video, it's like a day after an ATS thread was made.

Simple counting would prove to Terral that 188 days out is NOT march 22nd.

Also, WTF is this "gravity trough"?!?!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
actually that makes a sort of sense to be perfectly honest.

It would make sense to have a area in between to large objects more susceptible to one or the other than it might outside the trough between them.

Makes me think about space time a little differently actually, using the weights on a stretched cloth analogy.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I did a google:

Gravity Well...

The images may help you understand the trough or "well" of gravity that surrounds all objects. Its a warping of space that increases or gets deeper the closer you approach an object forming a "trough".

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

From your link I went to the Wiki page for a gravity well, and it debunks Terrals claim that a 'gravity trough' connects the sun and this "heavy mass object".

A gravity well or gravitational well is a conceptual model of the gravitational field surrounding a body in space. The more massive the body the deeper and more extensive the gravity well associated with it. The Sun has a far-reaching and deep gravity well. Asteroids and small moons have much shallower gravity wells. Anything on the surface of a planet or moon is considered to be at the bottom of the gravity well.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well I've read some very interesting information on what would occur if something was incoming. When it comes in any way past the sun. It is a while back and cant remember the links, and don't want to even.

I really think we need to be positive and yet prepared just because its always the right thing to do, not specifically related to the dates now.

What I actually read was this, that it would lock onto one of the poles or a region of earth, and we would be inverted, not a good process.

Surely, there would be more signs than just earthquakes and flares however.

My theory is that, they chose special days, allign them with numbers and the revelations and take advantage of any planetary lineups and/or cme/flares, and use Scalar Weapons.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The biggest issue is the lack of the large body rather than the gravity hole
I hope for once they are wrong as I get paid on the 22nd and have a cracking night out planned on the 23rd

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well I've read some very interesting information on what would occur if something was incoming. When it comes in any way past the sun. It is a while back and cant remember the links, and don't want to even.

I really think we need to be positive and yet prepared just because its always the right thing to do, not specifically related to the dates now.

What I actually read was this, that it would lock onto one of the poles or a region of earth, and we would be inverted, not a good process.

Surely, there would be more signs than just earthquakes and flares however.

My theory is that, they chose special days, allign them with numbers and the revelations and take advantage of any planetary lineups and/or cme/flares, and use Scalar Weapons.

Sending a press release to all news outlets with false information in it isn't being prepared, it's trying to get paid off of the 30% chance that there could be a large earthquake. I agree with preparation though, I just think we all need to remain rational..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
The biggest issue is the lack of the large body rather than the gravity hole
I hope for once they are wrong as I get paid on the 22nd and have a cracking night out planned on the 23rd

And I just had a very good interview and will hopefully be starting work later this week.. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I really don't know. A lot of scenarios played out with that thread.

1. Prediction based on popular theory and some evidence. Just don't know how much.

2 Intentionally making people inert and unable to resist NWO by fear tactics, ie 2012. And they're all in on it.

3. They know, and some are finally leaking it.

But a 10.0 earthquake, I think the whole plate would cave in. So, preparing for such a thing would be almost impossible.

The Vancounver/Seattle, Cascadia region, is a big one for potential doom, and scientists have been warning about this.

We're an hour from the coast, from a Southern angle, but almost 2 from Vancouver.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I hear you but there is a somewhere but I don't know where it is thingy that states:

If all the matter in the universe were to suddenly disappear and only two atoms remain separated by the void of the entire universe, gravity would still link them, causing them to slooooowly move towards each other faster and faster until they either collide or swing around for another pass. So gravity is limitless in its reach and "connects" everything.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

He didn't say 188 days. He said 189 days minus 47 minutes. Which is accurate, because that was the amount of time between the Japan quake and the NZ quake.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I hear you but there is a somewhere but I don't know where it is thingy that states:

If all the matter in the universe were to suddenly disappear and only two atoms remain separated by the void of the entire universe, gravity would still link them, causing them to slooooowly move towards each other faster and faster until they either collide or swing around for another pass. So gravity is limitless in its reach and "connects" everything.

That is very interesting. But isn't it because they'd drift until they happen to reach the others 'gravity well'?

I have a hard time believing a big mystery planet is tethered to the sun..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How come no one is asking the question about the " incoming heavy object " ?

That seems to worry me more than the earthquake's...... =s

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Nibiru IS JUPITER in Egyptian texts. So pertaining to signs in the sky, like the bible and other records speak of, Line Ups with Jupiter?

en.wikipedia.org...

Jupiter's mass is 2.5 times that of all the other planets in our Solar System combined—this is so massive that its barycenter with the Sun lies above the Sun's surface at 1.068 solar radii from the Sun's center. Although this planet dwarfs the Earth with a diameter 11 times as great, it is considerably less dense. Jupiter's volume is that of about 1,321 Earths, yet the planet is only 318 times as massive.[5][21] Jupiter's radius is about 1/10 the radius of the Sun,[22] and its mass is 0.001 times the mass of the Sun, so the density of the two bodies is similar.[23] A "Jupiter mass" (MJ or MJup) is often used as a unit to describe masses of other objects, particularly extrasolar planets and brown dwarfs.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
How come no one is asking the question about the " incoming heavy object " ?

That seems to worry me more than the earthquake's...... =s

Well last year Terral encouraged people to head for the Ozarks, as that would be there only chance for survival when the "heavy mass object" which he said was Elenin, reached near-earth. He built up a rather large following, and probably a lot of donations too, to help him pay for his "internet"....

He's a troll and I give him NO credit on anything he says. He's the ONLY ONE talking about this "heavy mass object" anyway...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Q:What is a gravity trough?
A: Peter Griffin

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Someone's been watching too much Star Trek.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

The sun has a tractor beam.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That is very interesting. But isn't it because they'd drift until they happen to reach the others 'gravity well'?

No. I know it sounds weird but all mass has some gravity, no matter how small. If the only two atoms are spaced apart and motionless relative to each other, they will immediately begin drifting towards each other, no matter how far apart.

I have a hard time believing a big mystery planet is tethered to the sun.

Bigger the mass the "stronger" the pull of gravity. Thats how suns form from clouds of dust, right? They attract and attract, get bigger and bigger and attract some more, further and further away. Presto: solar system (or galaxy).

Then the mass is pulled by even bigger masses towards a center or "orbit around" some other center. Thats why we have suns, solar systems, and galaxies... end product. All because two atoms first came together... then three... then many, etc. Imagine if fine grain atoms of helium swim in a cloud, the first time two come together they become the strongest gravitational force which then attract more. We just use terms like gravity wells and string tethers to better understand it from our point of view. Tie a ball to string and whirl it around your head...
Orbital mechanics, simplified.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I suppose that if gravity is really a wave, it's going to interact with other waves. And when that happens -- as long as the waves are on the same plane -- there will be an interaction resulting in both amplifications and diminutions of gravity in areas where there are no physical masses. "Phantom" mass creating a roughly linear area of high (or low) gravity? Sure, why not?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join