It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In need of some Mexican and or American ish recipes (easy to make)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
To make a long story short... I need to learn how to cook...lol.. i know i know it sucks...i think..

Anyways, I'm looking for some American and or Mexican ish foods that are easy to make. Like hot dogs, umm, hamburgers, rice, beans etc.

If you know Chinese or Russian (just using as examples) or other kinds that's great to..

Something that is easy and fast to make.

I'm a noob, I couldent cook to save my life..

If you know the recipes or you know some links I would really appreciate it..

so yea..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

To make a long story short... I need to learn how to cook

This is great

Once you learn you wont want to stop cooking.

But you go onto this;

foods that are easy to make. Like hot dogs

Hot dogs?
You seriously don't know how to boil a sausage in water?
The bread you buy in a shop along with the ketchup and mustard.
There, you have the hot dog situation sorted, if you want to get creative and add flavour, fry some onions in a pan with little oil don't let them burn.

If you know Chinese or Russian (just using as examples) or other kinds that's great to..

It aint Chinese or Russian but I can link you one of my threads, which is a seafood recipe.

If you know the recipes or you know some links I would really appreciate it..

Well, this forum has some good recipes.
Check out Mblah's recipes, they're good.

I can give you Spanish recipes from Spain, if you're interested.
Cooking is fun.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Super easy and quite tasty.

1 Bag of tortilla chips (I like Mission, but any non-flavored plain tortilla chips works)
2 Cans of chicken
1 bag of shredded cheese
1 can of instant enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 325. Put a layer of chips on the bottom of a casserole dish, put a layer of chicken on top and then a layer of cheese on top of that. repeat to about 80% full. Pour enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle cheese over it. Put in oven, bake until cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Remove from oven and serve.

You can also add stuff like corn to it if you want to sneak in a veggie.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Need bowl, add cereal, then milk......enjoy

now on a serious note friend.. Are you looking for an American dish of what? chx, beef, steak?

I have been a gourmet chef for a few years, so give me a specific idea and I will give you a very simple and easy and edible dish, good luck
edit on 20-3-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Added a lil love

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I would suggest buying a crock pot. crockpotladies.com... is a good site to start. Google for recipes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How about Italian? I don't think there are many recipes as simple as a hot dog, but I will throw a couple out that are simple to make. I have used both of these recipes in a time crunch scenario when nothing was prepared for dinner, and I didn't have time to mess around with hour long preparations.

Easy Parmesan Chicken:

4 TBSP Butter or Margarine
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 - 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese (adjust to your liking)
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Marinara or spaghetti sauce
Spaghetti noodles (optional)

In a bowl melt the butter, and then mix in dijon mustard. In a second bowl mix thoroughly together the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Prepare the chicken breasts by trimming any excess fat and then patting them dry with some paper towel. Proceed to dip each chicken breast in the butter/dijon mixture then into the bread crumb mixture coating each breast evenly. Place them on a greased cookie sheet or baking pan, and bake them at 350 for roughly 30 min, or until the juices run clear. I usually serve these on a bed of spaghetti noodles and then pour my marinara or spaghetti sauce over top of both with an extra dash of parmesan.

Easy Beef Enchiladas

1lb ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning
2 packs fajita shells
2 cups mexican blend cheese
2 cans enchilada sauce

In a pan brown ground beef and drain. Mix in taco seasoning and refried beans. Set this mixture to the side. In a 9x13 pan pour enough enchilada sauce into bottom of pan to coat it evenly. Proceed to take out fajita shells and place 1/4 cup of the beef mixture along with a sprinkle of cheese into the shell and then roll up and place in pan. After using up the beef mixture, or the pan is full pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled up shells, along with the remaining cheese (I usually do a little extra cheese). Place in oven at 350 until cheese is completely melted. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

2 Cans of chicken

Cans of chicken

I never knew chicken came in cans. Boiled, boneless, what?
Chicken in cans doesn't sound good to me, sorry.
I know of chicken in cans but it's dog food what I feed my dog.
I normally buy a bonless breast or something. Seen frozen chicken but never in cans.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Just google recipes.

There is a plethora of info out there.

There are also quite a few posters here on ATS that share their recipes from time to time.

Really? Are you that lazy?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

uh beef and steak please

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Thanks, that sounds very good

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I like to eat, but I dont like to cook ..lol.. I may like it though once i try it..

:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Cooked Cheerios

Pour a bowl full of Cheerios in a micorwave safe bowl
Put butter or margarine which ever you prefer
Add wheat germ for added taste and fiber
nuke for 1 minute on high in microwave or until butter is melted and eat with a spoon.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Easy Beef Pepper Steak

(2) Cans of Beef Gravy (I usually use Campbells, but others work fine)
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
Soy Sauce (to taste)
Canola Oil or Olive Oil (about a tablespoon or a couple of capfuls)
1lb Beef (I usually use London Broil) cut into small strips
1 Bag of Frozen Pepper Stir Fry mix (has green, red, yellow peppers and onions)
1 Bag of Egg Noodles

(2) Pots (1 for the noodles, and 1 for the sauce)
1 Frying Pan
Colander (strainer)

To start, open the cans of gravy and soup into one of the pots, put it on Medium heat (around 6 on some burners) on one of the burners. You'll need to keep stirring it to mix them together. (eventually, it will come to a boil, but this will take about 6-10 minutes)

After you've put this on, (so it's just started heating while you do this), put the oil in the frying pan on Medium High heat. Add the frozen pepper stir fry and let it cook, stirring occasionally.

By the time the gravy/soup mix is boiling, the pepper stir fry mix should be done (or even sooner).

Add the pepper stir fry to the gravy/soup mix, and turn the burner on Low. Let it simmer while you do the next step. Stir it in good, and mix the peppers and onions in the sauce. Add a bit of Soy Sauce to it also. (to taste...start with a couple of capfuls).

In the same frying pan you just dumped out the pepper mix, now put the beef strips into the frying pan. (still on Medium High heat).

After this starts to cook, in the other pot, fill it about 2/3 with water, and put it on another burner to boil (on High).

The beef strips will only take about 5 minutes to cook. Keep mixing them around, so they are cooked evenly. When done, add them also, to the sauce/pepper mix now simmering.

So, the sauce and pepper mix should be simmering, and by now, the water is likely boiling. Once it is a rolling boil (lots of big bubbles), add the egg noodles to the water. Make sure to cover all the noodles with water. Turn it down to Medium heat, and let it cook for about 6 minutes. The sauce and pepper mix should be simmering during this time (stir it occasionally).

After the 6 minutes, pour the pot of noodles into the colander (over the sink) to get just the noodles, and not the water. Once the water is gone. turn on the cold water, and run the colander (with the noodles in it) under the water real quick just to stop them from cooking.

At this point, you're ready to serve. Put some of the noodles on the plate, and then use a ladle or big spoon to heap on some of the peppers, onions and beef with the sauce, and enjoy!

I would suggest buying a crock pot. crockpotladies.com... is a good site to start. Google for recipes.

Crockpots are great. Nice thing is, when you're away at work, it's cooking dinner for you. You come home to the great smell of a ready meal. Can't beat that.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your help, if I need anymore I'll just use google..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

French Onion Soup Yeild 4 qt.

Yellow onions, Sliced thin 10 lb.
Clarified butter 8 fl. oz.
Beef stock 4 qt.
Chicken stock 4 qt
Fresh thyme 1/2 oz.
Salt and pepper TT
Sherry 8 fl. oz.
Toasted French bread slices as needed
Gruyere cheese, grated as needed

1. Saute the onions in the butter over low heat. Carefully caramelize them thorougly without burning.
2 Deglaze the pan with 8 fl. oz. of beef stock. Cook au sec. Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, even brown.
3. add the remaining beef stock and the chicken stock and thyme.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings and add the sherry.
5. Serve in warm bowls. Top each bowl with a slice of toasted French bread and a thick layer of cheese. place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.

Posole Yield 3 qt.

Pork shoulder 3 lb.
Chicken stock 1 qt.
Hominy canned 56 oz.
Onions medium diced 1 1/2 lb.
Garlic chopped 1 1/2 tbsp.
Fresh oregano chopped 1 1/2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp.
Black pepper 1/4 tsp.
Cayenne 1/4 tsp.
Chicken 2 1/2- 3 lb.
olive oil as needed
Chilli powder 2 tbsp.
Canned diced tomatoes, drained 8 oz.
Anaheim chiles, medium diced 4 oz.
Fresh cilantro chopped 1/2 oz.

Garnish
Limes 2
corn tortillas 6
vegetable oil as needed
Romaine lettuce 8 oz
Cider vinegar 2 Tbsp.
Onions, small dice 8 oz.

1. Trim the fat from the pork shoulder and cut the meat into medium dice. Place the meat in a heavy saucepot with the stock. Add more stock in necessary to just cover the meat. Bring to a simmer. Skim the scum from the surface.
2. Drain the hominy and soak in cold water until needed.
3. After the pork has simmered for 2 minutes, add one-third of the onions, hald of the garlic, the oregano, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 1 hour.
4. Bone and skine the Chicken. Cut the meat into medium dice and refrigerate until needed.
5. Sweat the two-thirds of the onions in a saute pan in a little oil until soft. Add the remaning garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the raw chicken and cook untill it loses its raw look. mix in the chilli powder, tomatoes, anaheim chiles and drained hominy. Cook untill the flavors have blended. addd the mixture to the pork in the saucepot.
6. simmer untill the ckicken is cooked. Add the cilantro. Adjust the consistency of the posole with chicken stock if necessary.
7. For service, cut the limes into wedges, cut the tortillas in half, then cut them crosswise into thin strips and fry them in hot oil until crisp. toss the romaine lettuce with the cider vinegar. Gstnish each bowl with romaine lettuce, diced onions, fried tortilla strips, and a lime wedge.

new topics

top topics

join