It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Assembly gives standing ovation to 5 illegals!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why not have them become citizens then so they can pay taxes and so they can work legally and put money into our economy? It's what need isn't it? Your comments amaze me...

Because they won't pay taxes. If they're citizens they will go on welfare and the ones that do work have 8 kids so don't pay income taxes on their $30,000 a year salary. And they don't put money into our economy - They send most of it back to their home country.

We need to stop all immigration from the third world. Letting these losers come here does NOT help america.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
I just don't get it. Five criminals stand in front of the government, admit they're criminals and get a standing ovation? If you love America so much and have such pride and determination, become a citizen the right way.They should be arrested and deported along the way.

They were brought here as children and they want to become tax paying citizens but they exist in a limbo. Where are you going to deport them to? They have been here since they were 4 years old. They are as American as anybody else they just do not have a piece of paper to show it. You want to punish people for choices they had no role in. Punshed for the crimes of ones parents. Is that the American way?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I worked for a large commercial carpet cleaning company that had illegals working there. Trust me, they know EXACTLY what they're doing and believe you me, they think Americans are the dumbest mother #ers on Earth for letting them get away with it.

I trust you. America is the laughingstock of the world because of how we coddle foreigners who invade our country and steal jobs, govt benefits, and IDs from the taxpayers.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

I just don't get it. Five criminals stand in front of the government, admit they're criminals and get a standing ovation? If you love America so much and have such pride and determination, become a citizen the right way.They should be arrested and deported along the way.

They were brought here as children and they want to become tax paying citizens but they exist in a limbo. Where are you going to deport them to? They have been here since they were 4 years old. They are as American as anybody else they just do not have a piece of paper to show it. You want to punish people for choices they had no role in. Punshed for the crimes of ones parents. Is that the American way?

YES deport them, they can use their American education to get a job in Mexico. Should people that rob banks not have to give the money back because their children benefit from it?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Your response was well written, but I refer to the "bigots" as the ones who slam other countries and slam a race. For someone to say they wish California would sink already because of so many Mexicans...how is that not acting like a bigot?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

These illegals have all learned to claim they were brought has infants by their parents. Unfortunately they never have any proof and you silly liberals just take their word for it.

As for punishing kids for the crimes of their parents - we do that all the time to american kids when their parents break our laws and are sent to prison. The kids get sent to miserable foster homes but you don't object to that.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

YES deport them, they can use their American education to get a job in Mexico. Should people that rob banks not have to give the money back because their children benefit from it?

If we would stop giving free education to illegal kids, the parents would not bring them here. Time to repeal Plyler v doe.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
FissionSurplus: I am from Sonoma County up north, and I second your sentiments. I'll pick out a few to add to.

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
They start having kids at 15 and don't stop. The emergency rooms and social service offices are full of them.

When my wife and I had our two California boys, both times there was a "flock" of teenage latina moms-to-be in the hospital as well, some repeat offenders. We were paying something close to a sh*t-ton of money on our insurance co-pay to have the baby. These girls didn't have a care in the world~the state was paying their tab, as the nurse I spoke with (quietly) admitted to me.

The state of my birth now belongs to mexico, if not on paper, then definitely in practice. I hope the whole place slides into the ocean. Their behavior is an affront to my own immigrant father, who came over and immediately served 4 years in the Army just to get naturalized.

Yup, although I don't want it to slide into the ocean. I love California, and remember her fondly. Sortof like that crazy ex-girlfriend that could rock your world and trainwreck your life all at once.

Your comments about your own father got me to thinking. I'm going on 40 this year. The kids of illegals/legals that I grew up with and still know today are Americans. Their families integrated into society, MADE their children learn english and go to school. Their parents wanted to make a better life for their kids. They were indeed "immigrants". Hell, I grew up on a ranch and worked side by side with lots and lots of immigrants and illegals. They were honest and hardworking folks.

Today it's nothing like that. America is just the cash tree that illegals can come over and shake. Their children (at least in CA) are pandered to, so they don't learn english. The kids don't integrate, and allegiance gravitates to their home country (even if they weren't born there). This results in more fractured communities divided along national and racial lines. And thus starts a feedback loop that worsens with each generation. All the while CA grovels and apologizes with money and services.

Here's a neat story: One of my wife's friends in CA works for the state. Her job...wait for it...was to teach women in the illegal community, helping them "navigate" America. How to shop a Mega-Super Walmart, how to fill out government forms to get stuff, where to find the Goodwill stores and second-hand shops, how to avoid breaking laws so they wouldn't get deported. In a state that can't afford to maintain it's interstate highways, that's CA tax dollars hard at work.

And NO, I don't give a rat's ass who I offend with the above statement. There is politically correct drivel, and then there is truth. Like it or lump it.

Yup. And I would add there is nothing racist about it. Growing up in CA is a diversity experience that the rest of the country (for the most part) has no idea of. Californians by and large are the most non-racist, non-discriminatory folks in America. I judge a person on content of character. This issue is one of politics and economics, not race.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hurvundus

I think California should sink into the ocean not because of so many Mexicans (YOUR WORDS, not mine). I think it should sink into the ocean because it has allowed itself to disregard and make a mockery of its own laws, it allows invading illegals of mexican descent to fly their flag over the flag of the United States, and because it has become a cesspool of corruption, idiocy and is run like a banana republic with no regard for its future. California is bankrupt and becoming a drag on the rest of America.

Why do you insist on writing things that are simply not true? Talk about hyperbole and exaggeration.

Please go back and read my original post again, without the race card blocking your vision.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
reply to post by DavidWillts

Not true at all, why do you think that they only had 5 of them there?

People have been protesting in masses for the passage of the dream act for the past few years.
If they could just walk in a building and say, ok im ready to be legal now and pay taxes, they would.

That's so Wildly optimistic and completely incorrect. The reason there were so many immigrants protesting was because racists groups like La Raza spewed their racist pro-mexican propaganda informing immigrants to rise up and show your superiority and ownership of this land. If they knew that they were protesting for the same rights , responsibilities legal citizens hold they would be laughing at home with a beer in their hand. It's more beneficial to be an illegal than being legal. They get government assistance , can drive without insurance , free healthcare and dental ,don't have to pay fines or tickets cause guess what they are undocumented. There are so many loopholes it's amazing citizens haven't been denouncing their citizenship and changing their last name to Sanchez

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blamethegreys

Yup, you got it right on the money. Cali is like the girlfriend (or in my case, boyfriend) that rocked my world but also wrecked it. Cali to me is like the bad boy with a lot of wicked promise and in the end left me heart-broken, destitute, and melancholy.

Sonoma is gorgeous, I have a friend who grew up there and who's family still owns a winery in that area. I am 50 years old, and when I was a kid, all the mexican kids spoke English because their parents made them. My father was from Serbia and my mother from Puerto Rico. We learned nothing but English, we were assimilated from the get-go. My folks didn't understand the Fourth of July or St. Patrick's Day, but we still lit fireworks in the street and visited with the neighbors, and every St. Pat's Day my Hungarian grandmother cut out little green shamrocks from felt to pin on my sweater. THAT is assimilation.

Did my father have the Yugoslavian flag on his work van? Did my mother have the Puerto Rican flag flying in front of our house? Did the Hernandez family down the street fly a Mexican flag? NO. We were all Americans, period. Nobody pandered to us and talked about "cultural sensitivity". The only thing kept from the old countries was some yummy food, and the occasional string of cuss words.

Since when has being a loyal American become a crime of bigotry and racism? My father had two requests towards the end of his life. One was being allowed to piss on Richard Nixon's grave in Yorba Linda, and the other was not to be buried in California because it become something gross, like a prostitute who hoed herself out so much she became disease-ridden and a sad shadow of her former self.

Well, he didn't get to pee on old Dick Nixon's resting place, but we did have him cremated and I took his ashes out here to Texas.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I wanted to post some links to back up some of my allegations in my initial post.

Enjoy the reading.

Cant tow unlicensed drivers cars cuz it hits the pocketbooks of illegals

Mexican office giving out id's in Cali

Mexican Insurgency Thread 1

Mexican Insurgency Thread 2

Mexican Insurgency Thread 3

And that is just a few of many.

Silver

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x

Thank your for pointing out the hypocrisy -
A small army of people who willingly left their country of origin complaining about their lack of representation in a country they are in illegally.

They want representation buy a ticket home.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

the dems got up and cheered becuase they hope these ilegals cna be changed into
documented democrats

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

It doesn't matter what age they were when they came here, their parents broke the law. The children only have their parents to blame. We can't just reward the lawbreakers by giving their kids a break. It is not the fault of the American citizen whos tax dollars pay for their free schooling and whatever else they get. You can't just jump to the head of the line while millions are coming here through the proper channels and with respect to our laws. These kids belong with their parents in the parents own country, not here.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Only sheeple believe that illegals have destroyed this country.

They should be pointing their fingers at the corporations that demand that cheap labor.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

They should be pointing their fingers at the corporations that demand that cheap labor.

How you could call anyone a "sheeple" after spouting this robotic cliche meme is beyond me, Wall street is that way------->>

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Only sheeple believe that illegals have destroyed this country.

Illegals come here without a background or healthcheck. Not good for the country!

Illegals cost us billions of dollars in free healthcare, foodstamps, schooling, cheap housing etc. Not good for the country.

Thousands of citizens have lost their lives or been maimed because of an illegal, usally an illegal with numerous arrests and deportations. Not good for the country.

Millions of illegals are employed while millions of citizens are unemployed.
Not good for the country.

Because of the numbers of latino illegals, we now have to press one for english, be bilingual in order to get even a simple factory job in many areas.

Thousands of illegals steal identities, over stay visas, get welfare benefits through deciet, present fraudulent documents.

We DO blame corporations for hiring them. We also blame the illegals themselves. They are not stupid. They know full well that they are displacing american citizens in the workforce and draining the sytem with their deciet. They tell you right to your face how America is stupid, how they get more by being illegal. Many have no desire whatsoever to becoming a citizen.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

California Assembly gives standing ovation to 5 illegals!!!

www.sacbee.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Five undocumented immigrants received a standing ovation on the Assembly floor on Monday for their campaign to prod changes in federal immigration law
The immigrants are walking from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., to lobby for the federal Dream Act, which would provide a pathway to citizenship for longtime residents who immigrated illegally and later graduated from U.S. high schools.

No lawmakers protested Monday's recognition – almost all Democrats stood to applaud, but many Republicans stayed in their seats.

"These are young people exemplifying tr
(visit the link for the full news article)

As a tax paying citizen and former Democrat of the State of California (who had the 5th largest economy in the world) with two college students attending the University of California system, all I can say at this moment is

I started a thread about the AB 130/131 bill last year that lead up to this mess! If I I truly speak my mind about this particular subject on ATS, I will certainly get banned permanently...but I will say

STANDING OVATION TO 5 ILLEGALS......THIS IS RIDICULOUS

ETA
California's Former Economy Ranking
edit on 3/20/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Sure, keep buying into distractions like that.

I can't figure out what's worse.

The Birthers, Tea Partiers or the "Terk er Jerbs!" crowd in this country.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join