It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Assembly gives standing ovation to 5 illegals!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

California Assembly gives standing ovation to 5 illegals!!!

www.sacbee.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Five undocumented immigrants received a standing ovation on the Assembly floor on Monday for their campaign to prod changes in federal immigration law
The immigrants are walking from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., to lobby for the federal Dream Act, which would provide a pathway to citizenship for longtime residents who immigrated illegally and later graduated from U.S. high schools.

No lawmakers protested Monday's recognition – almost all Democrats stood to applaud, but many Republicans stayed in their seats.

"These are young people exemplifying tr
(visit the link for the full news article)

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The former richest state in america has been destroyed by illegals and yet the politicians praise them!!! Every one of these cheering democrats is a traitor and mexico-firster and belongs in prison. Of course same applies to our president. Is there another coutry in the world that has a leader with two illegal alien relatives in the country?

www.sacbee.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just don't get it. Five criminals stand in front of the government, admit they're criminals and get a standing ovation? If you love America so much and have such pride and determination, become a citizen the right way.They should be arrested and deported along the way.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
its all their plan use a corrupt system of education to institutionalize the masses,

now Illegal immigrant or not just the fact that you can get through the Joke that is the Cali school system and that grants you citizenship?really? WTH are they thinking allowing this?
its exactly what they want to divide America in each and every way possible and its working.

our political leaders just essentially applauded several people for breaking the Law and then go further in supporting a new law to make a high-school diploma a sort of get out of jail free card!? wtf is wrong with my country this makes me want to puke and find a new home, US citizens don't have a fighting chance the way things are going.
edit on 3/20/2012 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well I have always thought about the illegal immigrant and the legal one.
The intriguing idea is that illegal immigrant's are portrayed as lecher's
and legal immigrant's as primary work force, but I'm trying to sympathize
with illegal immigrant's because being the child of immigrant's I should
understand. Is it not everyone's right to live a better life? What would I
of become if I was born in my parent's country and raised there? Of course
I would have a different mind set but I am happy that I am in the country that
I am in now compared to my parent's. Illegal immigrant's should just be fined
for their entry of the country through illegal means and be given the option
of re-entering the country as a legal immigrant where if they wish to have a job
given the option depending on their abilities.

I know it is complicated process and the down fall of country's economy my be
catalyzed by this but I'm just trying to sympathize with them. On the other hand
the white house is making bad decisions for the residents of the country by promoting
illegal immigrants entry.

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Big Agra and all the rich jerks profit greatly from illegal labor. It doesn't surprise me that illegals march on the capitol in Sacramento and the dough-heads in there give them a standing ovation. For every illegal that graduates high school and goes on to college, there are probably a thousand who don't finish school, are involved in gangs and crime, and still live like they were in Mexico. They start having kids at 15 and don't stop. The emergency rooms and social service offices are full of them.

I lived in the heart of it, in Monterey County. When I went to the Monterey County fair in King City and saw the Mexican flag hung above the American flag, I knew it was all over. When I complained to the fair administrators, I was told that America stole Cali from the mexicans, and they were taking it back, so too bad if I didn't like it. I was tired of fighting with the schools because they didn't have enough English textbooks, and my kids were bringing homework sheets home all in spanish and they were crying because they couldn't read the directions. I left 11 years ago and I do not regret it. Try finding a job out there unless you are bilingual. My oldest girl was jumped by a gang of mexicans in high school, and because she fought back, she was suspended. Not them. The white administrator was shaking in his cheap slip-on shoes lest he offend the latino population.

When I worked in county welfare, I had more than one white client say they tried to get a job working in the farm fields, but within a week they had to quit, because they were harassed, threatened, and their tires were slashed. They were told that they had no place taking a mexican's job.

The state of my birth now belongs to mexico, if not on paper, then definitely in practice. I hope the whole place slides into the ocean. Their behavior is an affront to my own immigrant father, who came over and immediately served 4 years in the Army just to get naturalized.

And NO, I don't give a rat's ass who I offend with the above statement. There is politically correct drivel, and then there is truth. Like it or lump it.

This song says it all..."Take California" by The Propellerheads

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
I just don't get it. Five criminals stand in front of the government, admit they're criminals and get a standing ovation? If you love America so much and have such pride and determination, become a citizen the right way.They should be arrested and deported along the way.

And this is where guilt and reason diverge. It's becoming more and more visible every day. Decisions should be made based on facts, not feelings. They're too subjective, diverse and easily argued.

Reminds me of all the standing ovations junkies get when they say they've been clean 231 and-a-half days.

And where are all the standing ovations for the people who determined that being an illegal alien wasn't a life they wanted to pursue?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
of all the things obama has done. deporting illegals as much has he has is the best thing he has done since being in office.

those illegals should have been arrested and deported

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just kind of curious of what route they plan to use? Law being law, what state do you think will deport them first? For sure might not want to go Arizona way. This will be one I want to watch. As for me, I'll be heading for Idaho.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here is a fun article I ran across a while ago, which took place where I used to live. By no means is this unusual, BTW:

(CNN) -- A California man sold his 14-year-old daughter to an 18-year-old man for cash, beer and meat -- then called police when the prospective bridegroom didn't live up to his end of the deal, authorities said Tuesday.

Marcelino de Jesus Martinez, 36, of Greenfield, California, was arrested Monday and booked into the Monterey County Jail, Greenfield police said in a statement. He faces felony charges of receiving money for causing a person to cohabitate, police said. Martinez had arranged through a third party to have his daughter marry the older teenager, identified by authorities as Margarito de Jesus Galindo, of Gonzales, California. In exchange, Galindo was to pay Martinez $16,000 and provide him with 160 cases of beer, 100 cases of soda, 50 cases of Gatorade, two cases of wine, and six cases of meat, Greenfield Police Chief Joe Grebmeier told CNN.

All those involved in the case are from the western Mexican state of Oaxaca, the police chief said. In the Oaxacan community, such an agreement is "normal and honorable," he said. "In California, it's against the law." In Oaxacan culture, the food and beverages are provided by a prospective bridegroom for the wedding, Grebmeier said. Authorities believe the young girl went with Galindo willingly, and no coercion was involved, he said. However, the girl is four years younger than California's age of consent, although the law does allow 16-year-olds to marry with parental consent. "The 14-year-old juvenile moved in with Galindo and when payments were not received, the father, Martinez, called Greenfield PD to bring back the daughter," according to a written police statement.

The girl was reported as a runaway juvenile on December 18, Grebmeier said, and police took a missing-persons report and put out a flier. But "as we investigated, it started to develop into something that may not have been a runaway," he said, and police began to believe Martinez wanted them to bring back his daughter, since he had received no payment. On January 2, Galindo and the girl returned from a trip to Soledad, a town a few miles north of Greenfield, and were interviewed. Police learned the couple had never married, but had engaged in sexual relations, Grebmeier said. Galindo and Martinez were neighbors at an apartment complex and were apparently from the same area in Mexico, the police chief said. A third party was brokering the marriage deal, he said, and is cooperating with authorities. But the young couple apparently left for Soledad before the negotiations were complete. Martinez was arrested Sunday after undergoing additional questioning by police, Grebmeier said. He remained jailed Tuesday.

Galindo was cited for statutory rape and released, Grebmeier said. The girl was returned to her family, he said, as authorities believe she is in no danger. However, police reported the case to child protection officials. The Greenfield area has had a large influx of Oaxacans. A presentation on understanding Oaxacan culture is posted on the Greenfield police Web site. "Arranged marriages are common in several cultures, and this is not an issue among consenting adults over the age of 18," police said in the statement. "But California has several laws regarding minors, the age of consent and human trafficking." Police are trying to be culturally sensitive, Grebmeier told CNN, but "when I'm in Mexico, I have to respect Mexican laws. When you're in the United States, you have to respect United States laws. That's the bottom line." He said he wanted to send a message to immigrant communities that such behavior is unacceptable. He said his department has long heard rumors of children as young as 12 being sold or offered for sale. The Greenfield police statement said arranged marriages between young girls and older men "have become a local problem." Greenfield is about 140 miles southeast of San Francisco.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You have to remember, this is California we're talking about here. the bastion of lunatics, deviants, drug users and the mentally ill.

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
White guilt... IMO

/nothingelsetosay

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

words cannot express how right you are

link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

you are not exaggerating the slightest I went through the Los Angeles school district and you know what i learned, first the teachers taught me Spanish so the teacher didn't have to repeat them-self in English then I learned my name was actually whiteboy and I had to earn it through bloody knuckles & black eyes something many many of my friends did not make it through and I have watched the nice parts of LA turn to crap through the unifying of school districts and the busing of different kids from different schools/gangs all over los angeles,
I had a friend last only two weeks at my school because he was from a different hood. its a shame and these monsters who supposedly represent us are applauding this?! there is no Doubt that almost every Dem will be in favor of this proposed HIgh school citizenship right. the people of the US should realize what they are doing fighting for fake elections when those in power are only laughing in our face and doing exactly the opposite of what they preach.

link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is crap, why don't they do this for every other type of criminal like bank robbers? Give them a legal way of paying taxes on all their stolen money so they can keep it. You know all these poor criminals live bad lives and it is so hard living like a criminal blah blah blah....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So why exactly have they not been deported yet?

----------------

1. Are at least 18 years old and a lawful permanent resident ("green card" holder);
2. Have resided continuously in the United States, having been lawfully admitted for permanent residence, for five years immediately preceding the date you filed your application for naturalization, or
3. Have, after having been removed from conditional permanent resident status, based upon your marriage to a U.S. citizen, having resided in the United States for one year after the date the condition was removed;
4. Have resided continuously in the United States at all times after your application to the time and date of your admission for citizenship;
5. Have, during all periods of time referred to above, been and still are a person of good moral character;
6. Have no outstanding deportation or removal order and no pending deportation or removal proceeding;
7. Have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand simple words and phrases in English;
8. Have knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of U.S. history and government;
9. Are attached to, and can support, the principles of the U.S. Constitution and can swear allegiance to the United States.

--------------------------
If you cant do any of that? Why would you want to be a citizen?

That is not asking a lot out of you in any way shape or form.
edit on 20-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Time to move to Belize.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
So why exactly have they not been deported yet?

2nd.

Because the Zionist liberal media thinks deportation is a racist activities unless they are Palestinians.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nothing like passing a bill that rewards illegal immigrants for breaking the law. I really wish poeple would get out and vote and fire these tools. They are elected by Americans to represent Americans - not everyone but Americans.

California is having massive debt issues. When Brown signed this into law, his next step was to ask the Federal Government for a bail out loan.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join