It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican exposures: Catholic ATS members? What say you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Totally agree with you.
Yeah, karma is decidedly un-fun if you've not done well.

(So is "hell", as they say)

But at least with karma you get your paybacks and are done with it. Not so "hell". It's "forever". But colbe prefers to call me "silly" and you "dumb" and now accuses me of "joking" and being "anti-Christian" and "anti-Catholic".

Nono, no. I'm ANTI-CORRUPTION and I'm very serious about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Throughout the ages the Church as had bad Popes. Popes made by political appointments, Popes that had STDs and have had children. No doubt they have lost many followers and many stayed because when you believe something you do not allow the bad actions of others to dissuade you. What I see as my truths didn't change.

Could we get together to protest this? We all got hit with the same bullet. We were in shock. I know of a Priest that broke down during the Consecration and put his head on the altar and sobbed when local abuses were made known. My pastor told me: "Now people assume we are guilty." The diocesan newspaper openly acknowledged that Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope) held a position in the Church that meant he had the authority for what happened with the priest shuffling. My friends and I talked about these issues including Fr.Maciel (Opus Dei) over breakfast alot. One was a former Opus Dei member. She was smart to see his demand for complete submission to him was evil and got out before their scandal was made public.

I have mentioned Ratzingers involvement on ATS..

The media stories told the tale. We didn't need to protest.

Well, I did just email the pope a few days ago about his designer cologne. I wonder if anyone ever called him "Dude" before?.

edit on 3/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add a ?

edit on 3/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Could we get together to protest this? We all got hit with the same bullet. We were in shock. I know of a Priest that broke down during the Consecration and put his head on the altar and sobbed when local abuses were made known. My pastor told me: "Now people assume we are guilty."

The diocesan newspaper openly acknowledged that Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope) held a position in the Church that meant he had the authority for what happened with the priest shuffling. My friends and I talked about these issues including Fr.Maciel (Opus Dei) over breakfast alot. One was a former Opus Dei member. She was smart to see his demand for complete submission to him was evil and got out before their scandal was made public.

Okay, thanks very much for that lucid response.
You are right, through out history, especially during the middle ages and pre-Reformation...it was all about politics and control.
How does the Church now explain the Crusades, the Inquisition, the witch-hunts, the Nero burnings? Do they excuse it?
Look the other way?

What do you think happened to Pope John Paul? Were you aware of his having exposed some things right before he "died" (I assume you were)....if you found out he'd been murdered to cover things up, how would you react?

I really appreciate your participation here, sad-eyed-lady.
I'm in the Midwest also.
Are you going to promote Santorum?

ETA: LOL! You called him "dude"? You go, girl!
I'm not above calling anyone Dude. That's what he is, a man. Do you see him as the actual spokesperson for God?

edit on 20-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I really don't understand, really and truly, how ANYONE can still want to be part of this abomination of a "religious order."

I do believe that sad_eyed_lady has given the best response that you are likely to get on this thread:

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
... many stayed because when you believe something you do not allow the bad actions of others to dissuade you. What I see as my truths didn't change.

Could we get together to protest this?
. . .
The media stories told the tale. We didn't need to protest.

To brand all Catholics with the stigma for crimes of the upper echelon of hierarchy is to engage in a form of collective punishment.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Go to Holy Mass on Sunday, it's a Commandment.

Which Commandment says "go to Mass on Sunday"?

After the Great Warning, no more division in Christianity. It is soon.
There will be many, many, many conversions, non-Christians too.

love,

colbe

I'm interested in hearing more about this. What is this "great Warning" you're talking about?

You mention conversions, but do you believe any Catholics will take the plunge and convert to Christianity?

Or are they all to stay lost and in error?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You mention conversions, but do you believe any Catholics will take the plunge and convert to Christianity?

Colbe is a Catholic, trying to get people to convert to "Catholicism". He considers himself a Christian (although I understand some Christians say Catholics are not Christians....not true)....
and as a Catholic, is trying to get PROTESTANTS to convert to Catholicism.

I'm not sure what this supposed "Great Warning" is either, but apparently there are "channelers" who are spreading messages from Jesus and/or God trying to push Catholicism as the "true faith."
As someone said, the RCC is now promoting a "great push" for everyone to convert to Catholicism so they can be saved.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Could we get together to protest this? We all got hit with the same bullet. We were in shock. I know of a Priest that broke down during the Consecration and put his head on the altar and sobbed when local abuses were made known. My pastor told me: "Now people assume we are guilty."

The diocesan newspaper openly acknowledged that Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope) held a position in the Church that meant he had the authority for what happened with the priest shuffling. My friends and I talked about these issues including Fr.Maciel (Opus Dei) over breakfast alot. One was a former Opus Dei member. She was smart to see his demand for complete submission to him was evil and got out before their scandal was made public.

Okay, thanks very much for that lucid response.
You are right, through out history, especially during the middle ages and pre-Reformation...it was all about politics and control.
How does the Church now explain the Crusades, the Inquisition, the witch-hunts, the Nero burnings? Do they excuse it?
Look the other way?

What do you think happened to Pope John Paul? Were you aware of his having exposed some things right before he "died" (I assume you were)....if you found out he'd been murdered to cover things up, how would you react?

I really appreciate your participation here, sad-eyed-lady.
I'm in the Midwest also.
Are you going to promote Santorum?

ETA: LOL! You called him "dude"? You go, girl!
I'm not above calling anyone Dude. That's what he is, a man. Do you see him as the actual spokesperson for God?

About all the evil atrocities committed in prior ages. Inexcusable.
What do you think happened to Pope John Paul - I think he was poisoned. I believe it was over a banking scandal they are dealing with in one form or other right now.
I'm a Paul supporter and right now I put Santorum in my #3 spot above Gingrich.
Thank you for appreciating my participation. That's a first. You're welcome.
If you want to know what is going on with the Catholics, you can check out their version of Drudgereport here: Spiritdaily.com. Sometime's I get quite aggravated with their spin, but they do cover the unpleasant news, also.
About the Pope being an actual spokesperson for God. He's written some good stuff, but actions speak louder than words. IMO
edit on 3/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

edit on 3/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

The Remnant is Roman Catholic,

The remnant of what is Roman Catholic?

you are going have to choose for the RCC or not, prophecy and Scripture states this fact.

Precisely where is this stated? I want to look it up and verify that.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

To brand all Catholics with the stigma for crimes of the upper echelon of hierarchy is to engage in a form of collective punishment.

I know that all Catholics are not scandalous criminals, I know that very well. I'm wondering why they remain Catholics despite the atrocities of their leaders, and don't oust the leaders.

I personally don't believe they will all be punished for the "sins of the Fathers" (heh)....
I also don't believe a good person is going to hell...(again, I don't believe in hell at all)

but I am asking the hard-core folks who are trying to get people to become Catholic how they excuse what is going on, and why they stay Catholic when they know about these atrocities, and don't do something to stop it.

Hope that makes sense. I know there are very good, noble people who are Catholic. I am wanting to know why they don't protest the upper echelon's behavior; how they justify it, if they do, and what they think about it.
Thanks for participating.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The so-called Great Warning, the day Jesus returns, there will be an annihilation or some such thing of all other Christian sects.....
colbe says the only ones left of all the Christian faiths/sects to be going to heaven will be the Catholics.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Colbe is a Catholic, trying to get people to convert to "Catholicism". He considers himself a Christian (although I understand some Christians say Catholics are not Christians....not true)....

Ah, I see. I for one can't convert to Catholicism, not having an idolatrous nature, and I can't see supporting the various "side ventures" the Catholic religion goes off into, such as pedophilia, selling absolution for mere filthy lucre, giving the pronouncements of men who wear dresses equal weight to the pronouncements of God, that sort of thing.

I reckon in the end, one or the other of us will find out what hell is all about. I'm comfortable with that.

I'm not sure what this supposed "Great Warning" is either, but apparently there are "channelers" who are spreading messages from Jesus and/or God trying to push Catholicism as the "true faith."
As someone said, the RCC is now promoting a "great push" for everyone to convert to Catholicism so they can be saved.

Well, I guess that explains why someone thinks St Patrick is speaking again so many centuries after he died. I read the Bible occasionally, and if some joker claims to be speaking for God, but saying things which go against the already established Bible, it's not hard for me to ascertain which is blowing smoke.

Proclaiming Catholicism as "the true faith" by itself goes against the Bible teachings.

edit on 2012/3/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well, Colbe called protestants "heretics" in another thread, and the last time that word was bandied about, people were massacred and burned. Protestant people. Also, I'm presuming that "heretics" can't be considered Christians by Catholics, so I don't see why the reverse would not hold as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

From my own understanding of the Catholic Church ...Most if not all parishioners are told they are saved because they were baptized when they were babies ..They are also told not to read and study the bible because they are unable to understand what it says ...The only Catholics that I know who are saved are X/Catholics , Once they find true salvation they usually find it hard to stay and then move on ....peace

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The so-called Great Warning, the day Jesus returns, there will be an annihilation or some such thing of all other Christian sects.....
colbe says the only ones left of all the Christian faiths/sects to be going to heaven will be the Catholics.

Suits me. I have not the slightest urge to go to that version of "heaven" any how. I don't think the company would suit me, considering that the same priests who are pedophiles also hand out absolution in God's name, one would think they have a free ticket in, and I don't care to hang out with them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

how they excuse what is going on, and why they stay Catholic when they know about these atrocities, and don't do something to stop it.

I was still under the influence of my gut reaction to something I read earlier:

EU Policy Chief: My Remarks 'Grossly Distorted'
. . .
"Israel is the most moral country in the world," Lieberman said, "and despite the fact that it has to fight terrorists who operate from within civilian populations, the IDF makes every effort possible not to harm that population, despite their defense of terrorists."

Clearly Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman considers Palestinians to all be 'defenders of terrorists', otherwise they would quit being Palestinians. Clearly I should quit being a U.S. citizen since the US government, through direct and indirect actions, is the 'greatest purveyor of violence the Earth has ever seen.'(MLK jr.)

I have protested, voted, written letters to congress, presidents, ambassadors, etc. Yet the violence doesn't stop. Should I be blamed now by friends and relatives of victims of U.S. violence for not renouncing U.S. citizenship?

I still believe in a certain core of American ideal. I can understand how a Roman Catholic may also hold a certain core belief without being part of scandalous behavior and official policy of cover up.

edit on 20-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Well, I suppose it's a start.

They "apologize" ....and then what?

Excommunication should be swift and immediate. At least that is my opinion. They were entrusted with a very important position as the defenders of God's word and they went far beyond violating it. If there are any souls deserving of eternal damnation - it is theirs.

I really don't understand, really and truly, how ANYONE can still want to be part of this abomination of a "religious order."
I don't get how people aren't fleeing the RCC like Germans would flee Hitler's regime.

There is nothing wrong with the Church; it is some of the people representing the Church that are the problem.

The Roman Catholic Church has ruined or ended more lives than all wars put together.
Can someone please explain to me, if you are Catholic, WHY do you not leave the church of horrors? Do you not know history?

Talk about seriously fabricating history. Do you have any actual sources to back up this accusation? To claim they have killed more people than all wars put together is beyond ridiculous. The number one killer in human history is abortion. The Alan Gutmacher Institute has estimated that since Roe v. Wade, over 50,000,000 innocent children were aborted in the United States alone.

Also, yes I know the history of the RCC that is one of the main reasons I chose the faith. (Pre-20th century history of course)

And also, WHY is the Vatican and its army of monsters not held accountable at a global level, like Hitler was?

Seriously?
Oh, wait. Because the RCC is part of the cabal....funding lots of ongoing atrocities, still able to use fear and ignorance to keep their huge crowds in line.

What are they funding? Got any sources to back this up? As for fear and ignorance, please inform me as to what exactly they are using as ‘fear’ and how are they keeping people ‘ignorant’? I find it to be the opposite.

Of ALL the choices for a religion, this one seems to me the absolute worst of the poisons. If you've picked yours as Catholocism, what made you do that? Or who? And if you know the history of the Church, how can you so proudly admit you follow it? Do you ever feel akin to neo-Nazis? That's kind of how I see it.

I know this will offend some Catholics, but honestly I just wonder about the reasons for modern people to engage in it.

First off, none of us really care how you see it. Second, the RCC is one of the few incubator of understanding left in this world after it has been poisoned with moral relativism, liberalism, individualism, secularism; all wrapped up within modernity. I chose the Catholic faith because it holds the absolute truths as real, self-evident, and emanating from the divine. And as stated before, I know the history of the Church as I do the history of men. The Christian teachings clearly state man is a fallen creation, prone to sin. How can we look upon history and deny this?

Finally, I am not a ‘modern person’. Modernity is an outright disaster and I refuse to accept it as valid. As commonly accepted ideas on values, government, politics, and so on are monsters. You are, as the other 95%+ of people, a member of this ungodly group.

edit on 3/20/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It had always been my belief that the Modernist infestation of the Church had led to such perversion. The Vatican II really did not help anything. Our beloved Church should have heeded the words of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre and rejected all the reforms outright. Perhaps then the priests holding unorthodox views, or I should say, heretical beliefs, would not exist today.

Before I even consider attending any local Churches I would ask the priest if he believes homosexual acts are unnatural and immoral, that abortion is murder, sex before marriage is a moral crime, unnatural birth control is condemnable, that there is no such thing as divorce, and that a literal hell exists; should he respond ‘no’ to any of them, I know he is a heretic. His flock will be misdirected in Biblical teachings and him finding his way to Hell.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
I believe the Irish victims were heard saying "May God have mercy on you, because we don't"

The church left the true teachings of Jesus about 1700 years ago , the bible says rapists should be put to death in the flesh for imidiate judgement of the soul .

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm not a catholic, but i say this much. Forgive and be forgiven, be merciful and you shall have mercy. Do neither and you shall have neither. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth will never end the cycle, it perpetuates it. Forgiving ofcourse does not mean you have to be a fool about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Everyone I pray will come to see, to save their soul, their is one faith and
God wants the entire world to believe it. Soon....the Great Warning.

This is a translation, a message to a Brazilian seer.

message to Darly Chagas

January 19, 2012

...Pray for the atheists and pagans, if your hands are still empty, begin praying for these poor children who still insist on not loving God, your prayers bear fruit, pray for them all.

Pray for the Holy Church founded by Jesus Christ, this is the time, the year that God will unite all peoples into one Church, the one, that Jesus Christ founded, which is represented by the person of the Holy Father the Pope. Whether the world like it or not, this is the one who will prevail because Jesus Christ so determined it.

This is the time of return of man to God, will not prevails what man wants, but what God wants, He founded His Church and the Church will never be defeated. Help the Holy Father the Pope with your prayers, no one can break down the strength of prayer from the true Christian....

see March 19, 2012 at www.cathollicbinder.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join