It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican exposures: Catholic ATS members? What say you?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

There's a lot more detail there.

Acts 1:15-26 - the first thing Peter does after Jesus ascends into heaven is implement apostolic succession. Matthias is ordained with full apostolic authority. Only the Catholic Church can demonstrate an unbroken apostolic lineage to the apostles in union with Peter through the sacrament of ordination and thereby claim to teach with Christ's own authority.

Acts 1:20 - a successor of Judas is chosen. The authority of his office (his "bishopric") is respected notwithstanding his egregious sin. The necessity to have apostolic succession in order for the Church to survive was understood by all. God never said, "I'll give you leaders with authority for about 400 years, but after the Bible is compiled, you are all on your own."

Acts 1:22 - literally, "one must be ordained" to be a witness with us of His resurrection. Apostolic ordination is required in order to teach with Christ's authority.

Acts 6:6 - apostolic authority is transferred through the laying on of hands (ordination). This authority has transferred beyond the original twelve apostles as the Church has grown.

Acts 9:17-19 - even Paul, who was directly chosen by Christ, only becomes a minister after the laying on of hands by a bishop. This is a powerful proof-text for the necessity of sacramental ordination in order to be a legitimate successor of the apostles.

Acts 13:3 - apostolic authority is transferred through the laying on of hands (ordination). This authority must come from a Catholic bishop.

Acts 14:23 - the apostles and newly-ordained men appointed elders to have authority throughout the Church.

Acts 15:22-27 - preachers of the Word must be sent by the bishops in union with the Church. We must trace this authority to the apostles.

Eric

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

The RCC furthermore, shows no respect to the fact that Jesus wanted people to embrace everyone, equally, to share, to be humble, to understand that we as human beings need to have universal care for one another. That's what Denise is talking about, colbe.

I'm sort of stunned by this statement. Have you ever looked into the hospices, shelters, soup kitchens, food banks, hospitals, St. Vincent DePaul and other services provided by the Church? Have you ever seen anyone turned away because they were an atheist, Hindu, Protestant or pagan?

Have you ever seen photos of nuns holding infants inflicted with aids or brothers comforting the aged? What about literacy programs run by Catholics at prisons?

I don't see the Church rejecting anyone.

Eric

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

What you are doing is quoting a running commentary
on someone's view of what these verses mean, and not
the verses themselves,
for anyone who might look at your post and think that Acts
actually says any of that.
edit on 29-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
I think the question of what "the Church" means is important to the topic of this thread, because many Catholic scandals result from this. The priest in the Catholic view is essential to sacraments like communion. There is etiquette about how to greet a priest and the parishioners call him "Father". It makes parents more likely to trust their children around a priest. It makes the child more likely to think it is o.k. to be molested by "Father". It makes people more likely to believe the priest instead of the child's parents. It makes the Catholic hierarchy more likely to cover up the abuse to avoid tarnishing the image of the priesthood of "the Church".

In addition if "the Church" means the Catholic Church, then to some degree non-Catholics are outsiders. Catholics can sit around and pat each other on the back for being Catholic. "I thank you, Lord, that I'm not like that Episcopalian. I go to confession every Saturday. I have my holy water and my rosary beads. Lord, please help those poor misguided Episcopalians see the error of their ways and become Catholics" instead of "Lord, have mercy on me a sinner."

Aside from the ridiculousness of humans defining "the Church" and all the even more ridiculous implications of this definition, being a member of "the Church" inevitably creates pride. The Catholic or Orthodox who takes pride in being Catholic or Orthodox is probably more likely to find condemnation in communion than a Protestant that doesn't carry that baggage.

edit on 29-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

I can understand Protestants rejecting Catholic prophecy but how can you ignore your own messengers? Go back a few posts and read the message to the Protestant seer of yesterday.

Jesus desires we all believe the same.

Jesus never used the plural, He said "Church", Protestants redefining the meaning of Christ's Church doesn't make it true. The authority and complete history, Christians all recognize Simon's name was changed by God to Peter which means "Rock." Lines up with Our Lord's words, the protest of "little rock" is nonsense. More confirmation, Jesus gave the "keys", a sign of authority to Peter when He established His Church. Peter's bones are buried beneath the high altar in St. Peter's Basilica. History must of got that wrong, okay. (humor).

Protestants broke away from the faith, and away and away. Their term for all these new and inconsistant beliefs is "denomination" and even worse, more splits, a later term "non-denominational."

God is going to reveal to all the world soon, the true faith is Roman Catholicism.

God bless you cloudyday,

colbe

Matthew 16:18
And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm telling you what the Catholic Church believes. If you disagree, that's your prerogative.

If you are interested in the Catholic perspective, here's another site that may be of interest:

www.catholic.com...

Eric

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by EricD

What you are doing is quoting a running commentary
on someone's view of what these verses mean, and not
the verses themselves,
for anyone who might look at your post and think that Acts
actually says any of that.
edit on 29-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

jm,

How can you be blessed to go to Rome and still deny the faith? See
why it's going to take a divine "act" to change hearts.

The Church gave you your Bible. God gave the Church the authority to interpret Scripture not each individual. Private Judgment is heresy,
the fruit is error and division.

Eric is giving the Church, her interpretation of Scripture.

The vanity of Protestantism. "I decide what Scripture means."

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

I'm telling you what the Catholic Church believes. If you disagree, that's your prerogative.

If you are interested in the Catholic perspective, here's another site that may be of interest:

www.catholic.com...

Eric

Bravo. I didn't see this, I was typing at the same time. jm, has to finally
put it together. I think he will....

God bless him and you too Eric,

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
we only know actions, others beliefs are hard enough as it is...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Catholics believe the Pope is Gods emissary/voice on earth... WTF???

I'm an American screw that!

edit on 29-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

...This prophetic is appropriate, a prophecy to help prepare our brothers and sisters in Christ for divine events not far off. Our Lord has always wished we believe the same.

It's going to happen, no more division. Alleluia.

The messenger is Denise Mears

March 28, 2012

ft111.com...

ONE KING OF ONE KINGDOM
Oh my children who have said that you are of this one and another of that one. What man has divided I will bring together In My Name. Until you see as I see and know of which I am speaking, you will remain as a spoil that has been divided of your own accord. Do not assume or contemplate that what man has devised is of My plan. I AM King of all kings and Lord of all lords. I am of one Spirit and one Kingdom....

Come out from among them and be separate and whole unto Me. Why would you remain in a place that has become detestable in My sight. Lazarus was a man of My heart yet he experienced death. The grave clothes were removed and he walked in newness of life. I waited until the death of his flesh was complete and brought forth new life. I will be glorified in the raising of My people for I have groaned in knowing that so many sleep. Be raised now in this life for I am in you and you are in Me....

Wake you dear brothers and sisters in Christ. Please, at least remember the message to Denise. God is going to unite Christians and bring non-Christians into the fold. No more Protestants or the Orthodox.

Why does Jesus speak of the Eucharist in the last sentence (John 6:57)? Because it is true. You must eat His flesh and drink His blood, this is How Jesus abides in you and you in Him. Think "supernaturally" as God intends you to do in regards to the most Holy Eucharist.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would imaging Gods voice to sound like everyone on the planet in unison at the exact same time saying...

"I Love You"

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Colbe, I'm still waiting for you to address the issues I raised about how the RCC is based on a false concept of Hell and having to pay your way into heaven.... whats up wit dat ?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Wake you dear brothers and sisters in Christ. Please, at least remember the message to Denise. God is going to unite Christians and bring non-Christians into the fold. No more Protestants or the Orthodox.

Why does Jesus speak of the Eucharist in the last sentence (John 6:57)? Because it is true. You must eat His flesh and drink His blood, this is How Jesus abides in you and you in Him. Think "supernaturally" as God intends you to do in regards to the most Holy Eucharist.

reading that part I think it is talking about knowledge...

we don't need symbology if we teach other well... the traditions are scaring people coupled with all their attention in the news.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

I'm not sure what your nationality has to do with it, but Catholics believe that the Pope is charged by God to look after his flock (John 21:16) and is a regent until the Parusia.

Eric

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Colbe, I'm still waiting for you to address the issues I raised about how the RCC is based on a false concept of Hell and having to pay your way into heaven.... whats up wit dat ?

Please explain how the RCC is based on a false concept of Hell.

As to your other point, no (that I'm aware of) Catholic believes that they have to or can buy their way into Heaven.

Eric

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm not sure what your nationality has to do with it, but Catholics believe that the Pope is charged by God to look after his flock (John 21:16) and is a regent until the Parusia.

Eric

I'm sorry... I think Jesus was speaking to all people, specially those who father children.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Eric

the founders of my nation I believe got away from all that stuff and made sure we would remember that no one holds the word against their ken... It's all about guidance... the Catholic Church I don't know what they do except for land a bunch of people on this side of the sea.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

Hi lason,

Sorry, I miss some of the posts, no offense. We are God's creation but He is the one that is humble, God has to go by our choices. We choose good or bad every day. If you choose the bad, how can you desire at the end of your life to be with God who is all good? Everyone sins but...

There's a remedy. Daily prayer and regular confession of your sins to God. You can do these two things. Pray, speak to God every day, ask for His help to be good. We are capable of good but with our fallen nature, we have a desire to sin. Do you realize, Confession, repentance of our sins saves
your soul. Adam and Eve are in Heaven because they repented!! Wow.

Hell is real, it is a realm. Lucifer was so very blessed by God, given great intelligence and gifts. He chose by his free will to say "I will not serve." I am above humanity and how dare You become "man" and involve a human (Mary) in mankind's Redemption? Lucifer was given "knowledge" of mankind's redemption.

How could he remain with God? See how devotion to your own
"intelligence" causes people to fall away from God. This is why Jesus states be humble, be child like.

Isaiah 14:12-15
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, who didst rise in the morning? how art thou fallen to the earth, that didst wound the nations? [13] And thou saidst in thy heart: I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit in the mountain of the covenant, in the sides of the north. [14] I will ascend above the height of the clouds, I will be like the most High. [15] But yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, into the depth of the pit.

[12] O Lucifer: O day star. All this, according to the letter, is spoken of the king of Babylon. It may also be applied, in a spiritual sense, to Lucifer the prince of devils, who was created a bright angel, but fell by pride and rebellion against God. www.drbo.org...

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colbe - I regularly confess my sins to God, but why is it necessary to confess them to another man? Why not skip the middleman and confess directly to the Boss? I don't believe in having to repeat hail marys to makeup for sins - I believe in confessing to Almighty God in my own words and with my own prayers that come from my heart.

The concept of Hell - well, I think you know where I stand on this one, and if you're refusing to admit the RCC has been wrong for centuries, then you will never admit that I and others are correctr on this one. Hell means Sheol. The word Hell didn't even exist until the 2nd or 3rd century....it's a madeup concept. Personally, the idea of a Hell where people are boiled in hot vats, and raped by demons, etc etc, is repulsing, and quite frankly, in my eyes, disrespectful to the God I know and love.

The gift of God is eternal life granted through the Lord Jesus Christ. Nowhere in the Bible does it say sinners will be kept alive forever in severe torment in another realm - it's simply a false concept that is not true.

When atheist die, they get basically exactly what they believed - eternal blankness and death. They will never again breathe air, love, sing, dance, feel, or anything. Their memory is forgotten and they have no more say in anything done under the sun.

And the idea of "paying your way into heaven" by that I mean the RCC promotes the idea that you don't goto heaven if you dont pay your tithes and give the Church money. That is completely wrong and goes against everything God stands for.

Jesus would never tell people they MUST pay or else goto a place of severe eternal torment - it goes against Gods character.

I'm trying to be tactful about this all and show the most respect for you colbe, and I have 100% faith that I will meet you in Paradise - and I don't believe going to the catholic church to worship is necessarly a bad thing - I just want you to know the falsehoods of some of the things they promote, and that their ideas of who goes to heaven and who goes to "hell" are completely and utterly way off base, way out in left field......

Some of the nicest people and most devout people I know are Catholics, and I seek not to destroy their faith in God - I seek only to open their eyes that paying money to the church and praying for the dead and saying hail marys is completely unneccessary.

Bless you too colbe.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Catholics believe the Pope is Gods emissary/voice on earth... XXX

Sisyh,

I jump the OP about her vulgarity but yours is worse. Come on, remember next time.

I have a question, Christians accept God names leaders, we see, ie: Moses, Abraham and in the New Covenant, Peter, leader of the Apostles. How is it then, Jesus was going home to the Father and named Peter, leader of His Church here but he is rejected?

The Pope is a human person, he is Christ's "emissary/voice" on matters of faith and morals. It's a gift from God.

love and God bless you,

colbe

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join