It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP pushing towards oblivion.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

However, it seems that many of the comments on this thread about conservatives and Republicans are full of outright hatred and ridicule, with a generous helping of sterotyping.

You should check out the vast number of hard right threads here...there's plenty to go around.

Myself, i'd like to see the GOP return to the values of Dwight Eisenhower...one of the best Presidents they've (and all of us) ever had. Been a long slide downhill since then. That's when the moderates ruled the GOP.
edit on 20-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
However, it seems that many of the comments on this thread about conservatives and Republicans are full of outright hatred and ridicule, with a generous helping of sterotyping.

I wasn't being entirely serious...probably only about 75%.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Wow.

While I am not a liberal, I do not HATE liberals, think liberals are stupid, or stereotype ALL liberals as one way or the other.

"Liberal" is not a color or ethnicity. It is a label used to summerize a composite of core political views. Just like Conservatism. Otherwise...declaring that you do not stereotype "liberals" in a particular way is a contradictory statement disproved by the use of the word "Liberals".

I think most have been very generous in acknowledging the virtues of conservatism, while at the same time acknowledging the deep sewer that contemporary Republicans have led the party into.

There is nothing in this thread as far as "hatred and ridicule" that the GOP has not exceeded in thier own rhetoric directed to eachother. I live in Illinois and got a call from the campaign for Santorum yesterday that pleaded with me to not vote for "Homosexual Romney"...literally that is how the robo-call ended after 30 seconds of gay bashing and how Mitt Romney championed "the homosexuals" etc.

I'd think we could discuss politics without resorting to such contempt.

You'd think...And I am sure you have been front and center here on ATS condemning Rush for calling that college student a "Slut"? You have been advocating for a better tone toward all the groups the GOP has derided and insulted?
edit on 20-3-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
You should check out the vast number of hard right threads here...there's plenty to go around.

Myself, i'd like to see the GOP return to the values of Dwight Eisenhower...one of the best Presidents they've (and all of us) ever had. Been a long slide downhill since then. That's when the moderates ruled the GOP.

This I could get behind. I liked Ike, what I saw of him at least.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

This I could get behind. I liked Ike, what I saw of him at least.

A LOT of people would get behind Eisenhower right now. I'd certainly vote for him. He's not your typical Republican though...especially by today's standards.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ah still promoting the political racial divide for TPTB I see... SIgh! Nothing like doing the dirty work for the man instead of letting them try and do it themselves... Distractions distractions....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sometimes ATS reminds me of southern states like Mississippi

No offense meant by that, it was just an observation.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Ah still promoting the political racial divide for TPTB I see... SIgh! Nothing like doing the dirty work for the man instead of letting them try and do it themselves... Distractions distractions....

I like what I've seen of the Old Right; that is, closer to Ron Paul's ideology.

I don't, however, like geriatric, fundamentalist Christian, white supremacist fascism; and in terms of the people who are in office at least, if not their supporters, that is what the contemporary Republican Party stands for.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Obama Adminstration doesn't speak for me or tell me how to think. The RINO's are a dying breed and have lost many women.
Conservative women haven't left and are more involved than before imo.
The Obama adminstration has nothing to boast about so they're going to use the media to spread hate. They're afraid, very afraid of a 2010 repeat.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
The Obama Adminstration doesn't speak for me or tell me how to think. The RINO's are a dying breed and have lost many women.
The Obama adminstration has nothing to boast about so they're going to use the media to spread hate. They're afraid, very afraid of a 2010 repeat.

What makes you think they are afraid. They are almost dancing in the streets because the Republican Party is ripping itself apart. Once the party settles on someone they are going to swing hard to the center to try get to where the vast majority of Americans are. They are also going to have do something about all the women they have pissed off, maybe a female VP? I do not know what they can do to try and get back the Latino vote. And as they swing center they have to hope the consevative evangelicals will show up and vote even though they will marginalized as to not embarres the party with the center. Anyway you slice it the GOP is in a great deal of trouble and is going to have risk pushing the small active more radical conservatives aside and hope to get back some of the center. That of course can back fire in a big way.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
The Obama Adminstration doesn't speak for me or tell me how to think.

Of course they don't. The Republican Party speaks for you...Keep the rape baby, stop using contraception and stop being a slut. Not only do they speak for you, they'd like to legislate it.

They would also like to end planned parenthood...which ironically prevents more abortion in this country than any other organization by providing free contraception... estimates are that Planned Parenthood prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions.

Also the GOP would like to end assistance programs for single mothers, child nutrition programs...the list goes on.

The RINO's are a dying breed and have lost many women.

Hmmm...What??? What RINOs have lost women...and have conservatives lost women or are there more than before?

Polls and stats...both left and right...not the "media" ...show that the GOPs policy toward women has cost them voters. More women support President Obama.

I am happy that you feel committed to the GOP, despite your gender, but the polls rightly reflect that the majority of women in the USA have a lesser view of the Republican agenda.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Anyway you slice it the GOP is in a great deal of trouble and is going to have risk pushing the small active more radical conservatives aside and hope to get back some of the center. That of course can back fire in a big way.

You are assigning rational thought where there is none. The GOP would not have traversed this far right if they were capable of awareness of the larger public. There is a reality disconnect. Everytime strategists scream..."Enough already!!!...you are losing the General election!!!" The GOP Nominees respond by tacking further right. Reality disconnect, bubble...whatever, but they are beyond help at this stage.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I find the news about the GOP primary votes being made up of mostly older, white voters; ie the GOP base, to be quiet telling and a sad confirmation of what I have been saying for a while; that the GOP in spiting Ron Paul, will shoot themselves in the foot and come in second in the general election, basically handing the victory to Obama for a second term.

source

You would not know any of this looking at who is voting in one of the strangest presidential primary campaigns in history. There is no other way to put this without resorting to demographic bluntness: the small fraction of Americans who are trying to pick the Republican nominee are old, white, uniformly Christian and unrepresentative of the nation at large.

None of that is a surprise. But when you look at the numbers, it’s stunning how little this Republican primary electorate resembles the rest of the United States. They are much closer to the population of 1890 than of 2012.

As, you can see, the base of the republican party is picking their candidate, which is a foolish political strategy, because the bases of each party do not win elections; in fact they are irrelevant in the general election, because they are the base and they are called that because the party can count on them to vote for the party candidate no matter who they put up. In order for either party to win the general election they have to garner the independents and swing voters, and the lame horse candidates they are picking now will not garner those votes and will in fact turn many of those voters away.

The funny thing is there was one candidate who actually polls well with youth and independents;ie not the base, and that was Ron Paul. Paul's only problem was with the GOP base, which as I already pointed out would still vote for Paul if the party put him up as their candidate. The simple fact, as much as hard line Republicans will deny it or rail against it Ron Paul was there only shot in the general election and the other candidates will be lame horses from the start.

I know many of you will claim I am just some crazy Ron Paul supporter, but truth is I am not. I actually am politically apathetic and neutral and have been for the past few elections, so I am just looking at it objectively and all the numbers I keep seeing only further support my previous conclusion; that the GOP in a show of bad political strategy; will spite Ron Paul to try to energize their base, put up another lame horse candidate like MCCain and will kiss the general election goodbye and squeak in second just behind Obama, giving him another four years in office.

The only thing I have to say is after the general election, when I prove to be right, I don't want to hear any of the republicans blaming Ron Paul, his supporters, independents or swing voters for their loss, it isn't any of their faults, this race was the GOPs to lose, with bad political strategy.

edit on 20-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 20-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: paragraph correction

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

What makes you think they are afraid. They are almost dancing in the streets because the Republican Party is ripping itself apart.

"The Republican Party"... there is certainly a divide in the party. The Republican Party for the most part are the Rino's. The good old boys who can be bought easily. Who are far too interested in their wallets than the people they represent.
The candidates are doing what all candidates do they're fighting each other in a race. This is no different than what Democrats do.
In the end, some on the left, many in the middle and many on the right are going to coalesce and vote out Obama and many of the intrusive regulations we've had shoved up our... lives.
There are far too many people and groups who have been dismissed or kicked in the teeth by the Obama Administration. The current administration has in one way or another seemed to find a way to step on just about every ones toes. Their on the losing end, their propaganda and tricks will escalate and become even more ridiculous as an attempt to keep us off the real issues.

They are also going to have do something about all the women they have pissed off, maybe a female VP?

Maybe they've pissed of the women who belong to the other party, who weren't going to vote for them anyway.
The Obama Administration has pissed off many women who'd rather chose where to spend their money and on what. They'd rather not have daddy tell them where they're money will go and how much.
The left is hyping the "women" issues and the "war on women", not the right. The only reason the women-issues are still being hyped and twisted is because the candidates are too easily goaded into changing the subjects.

I do not know what they can do to try and get back the Latino vote. And as they swing center they have to hope the conservative evangelicals will show up and vote even though they will marginalized as to not embarrass the party with the center. Anyway you slice it the GOP is in a great deal of trouble and is going to have risk pushing the small active more radical conservatives aside and hope to get back some of the center. That of course can back fire in a big way.

I'm hearing about a Romney/Rubio ticket. That would be great, imo.
Some "evangelicals" might throw a fit but the majority will get over it when it's time to vote Obama out.
I'm registered as "no party affiliate" and many other people have also left their parties (from both sides) since this administration can't handle their spending, regulations and since there's been so much grouping and divisiveness.
What is important, imo, is not left, right or center. What's important and what people are looking for is ... who is the lesser of the liers.
It's not just the Republican Party who are splitting apart, imo.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good to see you again.

Of course they don't. The Republican Party speaks for you...Keep the rape baby, stop using contraception and stop being a slut. Not only do they speak for you, they'd like to legislate it.

Now you're the one speaking for me.... Sorry but your emotional rant doesn't speak for me, ah hahahaha

If the control freaks did not force their pet projects into our wallets, onto our children, their education, do you think the abortion, contraception issues, for instance, would be the topic it is today? I don't think so.
No Republican candidate is going to abolish abortion or contraception.
If someone didn't want to force the public to pay for someone else's contraceptives, do you think it would have the attention is does now?

I am happy that you feel committed to the GOP, despite your gender, but the polls rightly reflect that the majority of women in the USA have a lesser view of the Republican agenda.

There you go again. You can't speak for me, you can't put words into my mouth and box me into something you want me to be.

I guess you are so caught up in the ruckus that you can't see the real issues but many women do and they're not so easily programmed into chasing ghosts as you seem to be.
Btw, I AM just one of the women you speak of who have a lesser view of the Republican agenda. I'm not easily bought and I don't like people who are. I'm a Constitutional Conservative who'd prefer to live and let live, just stay off of my toes. I look at people as individuals first.

edit on 20-3-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by hawkiye

I like what I've seen of the Old Right; that is, closer to Ron Paul's ideology.

I don't, however, like geriatric, fundamentalist Christian, white supremacist fascism; and in terms of the people who are in office at least, if not their supporters, that is what the contemporary Republican Party stands for.

Both parties have advanced the same agenda for decades it doesn't really matter whose in office and the elite exploit the differences in people via the two party system it makes for a wonderful distraction while they steal us blind and enslave us!

The contemporary republican party is much more diverse then you describe that is a stereo type. The point is so what it is all just a distraction cause most believe in the false hope of democracy they have been fed for generations now and that they have a right to tell thier neighbors what to do if their gang is larger and can vote on it.

So keep advancing the elitist agenda of division it works like a charm. Yea there are differences in peoples ideology however it is no ones business until the 51% believe they have a right to shove it down the 49%'s throat through a phony vote.... Ain't democracy great!
edit on 20-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

The polls show among women voters that the GOP is in some the worst shape it has been in with them. And as for typical primary battles this one way uglier then most. So much so no in the GOP is going out to vote and the ones that do all say theyare not enthusiastic about any of them. Obama will have an easy re-election and that is why the GOPs best and brighest stayed out this round. The GOPs focus is on keeping it together and working for 2016. Considering the way they have been out manuvered by the Dems in the last year or so they will have their work cut out for them.
edit on 20-3-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

As bad as he was, and that was pretty bad, I would still rather have Bush than this piece of S*$#. At least we knew who Bush was and were he came from.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Bush had a good economy bringing in good tax revenues, but under Bush this all went south because of there failed policies.

Well no, this is a total revision of history. Bush was handed a recession and two major bubbles (Tech and housing), which all went down hill after 9/11. You seem to base all your opinions of left wing, democrat party propaganda.

The economy crashed under Republican rule, this is something people like to leave out, yet somehow its Democrats fault.

Well yes, it was Democrats who insisted on putting low income people in homes they couldn't afford. That wasn't Republicans.

www.businessweek.com...

Add President Clinton to the long list of people who deserve a share of the blame for the housing bubble and bust. A recently re-exposed document shows that his administration went to ridiculous lengths to increase the national homeownership rate. It promoted paper-thin downpayments and pushed for ways to get lenders to give mortgage loans to first-time buyers with shaky financing and incomes. It’s clear now that the erosion of lending standards pushed prices up by increasing demand, and later led to waves of defaults by people who never should have bought a home in the first place.

Republicans have also decided it was better to fight this administration rather than come together to solve problems.

Republicans are just doing what they learned from Democrats during the Bush admin. Why would Republicans fall in to line with a guy they are diametrically opposed to? Why are Democrats allowed to oppose and fight back on everything, but not the GOP?

Oh and there are signs the economy is getting better, even Romney admits to that.

It was much better under Bush and all I heard from this forum and the media was doom and gloom. So forgive me if I'm skeptical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join