It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacklisted as 'Trouble Makers' UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'm sorry but we have just had 13 years of Labour who could have sorted out a majority of the issues you are speaking about, what did they do about them... pretty much nothing except stick their own snouts into the trough

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Maggy
I will never forget the way she stamped on the miners. The police are still not trusted or liked in the Mining villages. While this was happening she bought coal from South Africa, produced by black slaves in the white owned SA mines. Didnt her son go there? Im sure I read some where that he was involved with weapons sales and the like. He also had dealings with Gadaffi if Im not mistaken. Cameron is no better, just more of the same.
Labour?? Both partys are the same as some one said, they had 13 years to sort it out. Im affraid Labour/Tory are just two cheeks of the same ass.
edit on 21-3-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Yep, sounds like a local authority owned enterprise, charging top dollar on the assumption this will make a profit for the taxpayer! It's complete bull, this privatisation thing and all local authorities are involved in it in some sense or another. I think the philosophy behind the state setting up private companies to fulfill infrastructure or social welfare need is completely flawed. The idea that the 'market' was a homogenous place that could provide services and make a profit has done nothing but transfer public money from public to private hands.

Oh yes....City Building is local authority owned and did indeed replace the incompetent Direct Labour outfits. Direct Labour was soooo poor during the 80's the councils did all that they could from using their own employees for any job at all.

What is this mentality for charging top dollar to earn a profit for the tax payer? It's the tax payer that's paying top dollar for the job - not profiting from it. It's just insanity.

Those unelected official include the like of the council's chief architect, chief surveyor etc. and as you say, the elected officials are literally clueless. My 'fave' official is one particular dude who changes his title between, Town Clerk, Chief Solicitor, Deputy Town Clerk, and Head of Industrial Relations and has been doing so since the very early 1980's. It wouldn't take the brain of Britain to work out who he is from that little list - but can you find out from Glasgow City Council's website.....even who the current Town Clerk is? Only with a great deal of searching (or maybe it's just me and my incompetence with search functions).

I do have a cynical chuckle when I see debate on these boards about left or right wing politics - in particular on this thread. Don't people realise that there has been no left wing option in UK politics since the advent of Nu Labour. We have the choice of right.....or further right...and I fear that people will never wake up and call the game a bogie.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

I'm sorry but we have just had 13 years of Labour who could have sorted out a majority of the issues you are speaking about, what did they do about them... pretty much nothing except stick their own snouts into the trough

Please don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of New Labour, Blair and Brown etc, not even a great fan of Old Labour who at least they did have a few politicians of conviction even though they were very much in the minority.

Yes, Labour had plenty of time to right some of the wrongs.....they did try on a couple of things - it's just that they failed miserably through incompetence, PC driven policies, greed, corruption, arrogance and social experementing etc.

But my point was that Thatcher was not the great saviour and leader that many would have you believe.

Our whole party political, electoral and parliamentary processes are outdated, unrepresentative and require urgent and radical reform.
When allied with politicians who put personal advancement and gain and adherence to dogmatic party rhetoric and line before the interests of their constituents and the electorate as a whole then we wnd up in the current situation wheren MP's believe they are above the law, that they have a right to dictate policy and completely disregard the wishes of the British people.

It seems to me that some private agenda is being played out here.
The leaders of all the major political parties all come from similar backgrounds and have very close ties with the old banking families and other Establishment figures etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

We are thinking along similar lines, the colour changes but the policies stay the same to a lesser or greater effect. A lot of the problems stem from the losing our founding principles, go look up Albert Burgess, he highlights some issues of why we are where we are. How many people remember that the House of Commons was for the common man etc and not moneyed toffs as are currently now sitting in it

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

why are you posting a link to SO's post about civility and decorum?
seems to me you're well on your way to a post ban
what with your deleted posts

as for your thatcher worship,here's a historical quote:

"Britons shall ne'er ever be slaves."

sounds like you're an owner of a construction company
or the spoiled child of one.

get a clue
without workers you can't do squat.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
BLACKLISTS ARE ILLEGAL>>>>>>>>>>>>PERIOD!
Shame shame on the whole rotten lot, the corrupt cops and the the intelligence services as well as the stinkin company that made a profit getting people discriminated against.....shoot em all or hang em!.............

<< 2  3  4   >>

join