It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacklisted as 'Trouble Makers' UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

With your Ideology people will be waking at 5am to praise the blue and white flag of Tesco, before they are marched off for 14 hour day stacking shelves, treating the ill, policing the streets and mending the roads for £65.50 a week. Then they will have no other choice but to spend that £65.50 on Tesco food, Tesco health insurance, Tesco police protection and Tesco education. And you will rejoice singing God save the Tescos.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As for the matter at hand.......

This doesn't surprise me and I suspect that it's the thin end of the wedge and that there are quite a few 'lists' that employers can gain access to if they are 'in the know' and are prepared to pay the price.

It seems to me like there is just a steady erosion of civil liberties and individual freedoms, eventually they will all have disappeared and people will question how it happened.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

With your Ideology people will be waking at 5am to praise the blue and white flag of Tesco, before they are marched off for 14 hour day stacking shelves, treating the ill, policing the streets and mending the roads for £65.50 a week. Then they will have no other choice but to spend that £65.50 on Tesco food, Tesco health insurance, Tesco police protection and Tesco education. And you will rejoice singing God save the Tescos.

Capitalism is the only acceptable solution.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

JUST TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A LEFT WING EXTREMIST, WHICH IS AS WRONG AS FASCISM, I AM A LEFT LIBERAL, WE ADVOCATE SIMPLE IDEAL SOLUTIONS THAT BENEFIT EVERYBODY ON AN ETHICAL, MORAL LEVEL.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I've never wanted to see anyone banned from ATS.....until now....it's not your opinions that makes me feel that - you are more than capable of making a complete arse of yourself without any help off anyone else....but your aggressive and disrespectful tone is quite the antithesis of the ATS spirit.

I'd love to meet you in 'real' life and have a face to face discussion.....I think the outcome would be quite predictable.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"Capitalism is the only solution"

Clearly not. Are you living on a different "non-chaotic, no recession, no 3rd world" planet from us??

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

JUST TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A LEFT WING EXTREMIST, WHICH IS AS WRONG AS FASCISM, I AM A LEFT LIBERAL, WE ADVOCATE SIMPLE IDEAL SOLUTIONS THAT BENEFIT EVERYBODY ON AN ETHICAL, MORAL LEVEL.

Yes. And I would add for the entire world. Equality and Freedom not only go hand in hand. But true Equality Is Freedom!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I think the same of CRB checks. I can't think of anyone I know that hasn't had some for of problem with the police, innocent or other. From a simple caution to a silly mistake you made at 17 years of age. Even someone phoning in and making a complaint about you, even if is unfounded, is logged. They say under the "rehabilitation of offenders" act, you don't have to declare it after 5 years, unless in a position of responsibility such as teaching or care work.

But, there is nothing (no laws in place) stopping a potential employer from seeking the enhanced check secretly.

Now, I know it is easy to say "Well don't get in trouble / break the law" in the first place. But the police will lock anyone up if they want, regardless, and that arrest is then on your record.

I got cautioned for defending myself against a drunken attacker on a night out, that is now on my record,it may have been 14 years ago, but it can still go against me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The rich gets richer and the poor get poorer .

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I've never wanted to see anyone banned from ATS.....until now....it's not your opinions that makes me feel that - you are more than capable of making a complete arse of yourself without any help off anyone else....but your aggressive and disrespectful tone is quite the antithesis of the ATS spirit.

I'd love to meet you in 'real' life and have a face to face discussion.....I think the outcome would be quite predictable.

It's funny that the Left can only use violence, I wouldn't use violence against you, no matter how despicable I find the left.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

No you wouldn't use violence, because your not living in the real world...us "Lefties" are...and the fact is in the real world, any matter can be settled with a little fisty cuffs. What we believe in is worth fighting for.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!

Before anyone posts further, fully read ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics and ATS Terms & Conditions of Use

There will be no profanity nor name calling on ATS. If you do such, your post will be actioned by staff. If you continue to do such, you may be post banned.

And further, the topic is Blacklisted as 'Trouble Makers' UK NOT other members. Keep to the topic and follow the T&C!!

edit on March 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

No you wouldn't use violence, because your not living in the real world...us "Lefties" are...and the fact is in the real world, any matter can be settled with a little fisty cuffs. What we believe in is worth fighting for.

You only use violence because fear is the only way you can make people follow your commands.

Funny how the Right doesn't need to and we are winning all over the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Can you please check back a little further and discover the racism directed toward the great Scottish people that Justwork has been spouting. I know TnC is important on ATS but how can we help ourselfs after reading the comments posted by Justwork. Its downright atrocious!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

CRB checks are strange things.

I had to have one when I applied for my personal license to run my pubs etc, I suspected that one or two things may come up on it.
I wasn't unduly worried because the last one would have been about 10 years previous and I didn't think it would affect my application to the local authority.
It came back completely clear of anything and I received my license with no problems.

About a year later I was running a few doors as a favour for a friend and I decided to save all the hassle and get my badge.
This time my CRB check came back with quite a few offences going back to my juvenile years, which I assure you are quite a few years ago.
The strange thing was that it seemed random as a few were missing etc.
I was initially refused my badge and it was only on appeal that I eventually got it.

I think it is worrisome that employers may have access to information that is enclosed in CRB checks and would then formulate an opinion on a prospective employee without that employee being able to offer their side of the story.

At what point will these lists stop?

Credit lists.
Union membership and activist lists.
Offenders lists.

What next; political activist etc.....I don't think it'll be long coming.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Funny how the Right doesn't need to and we are winning all over the world.

What, Bush never used violence?

How about Hitler and all the other Fascists?

And if you haven't noticed there's quite a reaction going on against Capitalism and the corporate bosses and Bankers who it serves at present.

Reluctant that I am to pigeon hole and sterotype but 'the right' uses the state to enforce it's will everywhere, as do all authoritarian administrations etc.

Surely you aren't that naive....or is it a refusal to educate yourself?

ETA.
Any chance of you replying to some of the points I raised in response to you on the previous page?
edit on 20/3/12 by Freeborn because: spelling and ETA

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The U.K gov seems to love lists these days. Wont be long before we are building ghettos and burning books the way things are going. Dont even get me started on the Orwelian TV cameras atop every lamp post. Big brother is certainly watching us, if not im sure we are on a list somewhere!
edit on 20-3-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You mention missing offences, If I recall correctly, anything committed more than 5 years ago is listed at the discretion of the person at the CRB office who is responsible for compiling your report, also of the desk sergeant who puts forward anything that is stored on police computers and not the CRB office. It is supposed to be anything relevant to the job /application you are applying for, but they can send whatever info they want.
edit on 20/3/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yep, I saw that also. Especially when the guy said, its like a police state and the corruption comes from the very top.

This is really bad, the police supplying illegal documents to corporations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join