It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who the heck ever said "Pull it" was slang for controlled demolitions?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Your post needs far more stars and attention. That is the most reasonable explanation I've heard which isn't based entirely on speculation or hatred for the government.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Its such a mute point why bother? What he "said", what he didn't "say" ,"how he said it" blah blah blah.
The facts are the 40+ story building came down in a little over a minute,,, just collapsed into itself!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Hi Dave

That would be along quote to bring foward. A pretty good one too.

But I would have been happier with a reply from you that said.
Heck yes, it was Billy Clinton and Billy Cohen that PAVED the way for the total destructive nine yards of 911.
Then I would admire you.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
It doesn't even make sense.

If they've had a great loss of life, how would causing the building to collapse via explosives help that?

Also, is the thought that Silverstein just accidently gave away the whole conspiracy for a documentary? Are we imagining he's that stupid?

"Don't say it was a CTD, don't say it was a CTD, don't say it was a CTD...OOPS!!!"

He's already said what he meant by it, it seems pretty feasible it meant "pull the firefighters out and give it up", so why jump to the ridiculous conclusion that he gave the game away using a very obscure term that, as you say, does not even mean "bring down via controlled demolition"?

HaHa! Unless of course He said it intentionally!
That is what they do in these cases of mass Fakery. They stir the conspiracy fires and
keep investigators speculating for years (what is it now?), while they get on with business!
They set up the 'truth movements' to steer and stifle proper investigation (C.I.A. 101).

9/11 was a demolition job disguised as a dastardly terrorist attack (with all it's
typical movie-plot contradictions and impossiblities), pulled off with the aid of actors and
drill participants, green screens, staged settings, false witness testimony, Faked
computer generated video and a complicit main stream media!
There were few if any real victims, most being computer generated entities with
no basis in reality.

www.cluesforum.info
www.septemberclues.info

Wakey, Wakey People!

G.O.D. is just yanking our chain.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Hi pshea38,
No way to shorten that
How ya doin? Sorry I didn't Quote you.
But I agree with you.
With Larry's money, he could have said "pull it" to a host of folks.
His dentist for example. Oh, but to say that to a fireman, No way
His girlfriend maybe.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Unless there is a similar term in the FDNY that means something else,i think the truther argument still stands.

Unless someone here knows if they do or not,then i think you are looking in the wrong place for your answer.
edit on 20/3/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is "recollection" of what he said. This is not a direct recording of what he said or did. He may have made it all up for some reason, or he, like everyone, embellished when retelling the story and the word "pull" might have leaked inot the story telling by another person.This is after the fact story telling, not testimony. In fact, those involved in this incident would never rise to the level of credible testimony: Bush saw the plane hit? If the term is not a common one, then what the hell did he mean?

To say he meant "pull the fireman" makes no sense to me. I have never heard that firemen take orders from the owner of a building. In what was clearly a national emergency, I simply can't fathom the local fireman in charge (was there only one?) got on the phone and called Larry up at home and said "hey, what do you want us to do?" This is ludicrous on every single level imaginable. I can't remember the time from plane crash A to the collapse of 7, but I can't imagine there was time for a leisurely chat about what to do with a non expert - the guy didn't build the buildings he bought them and most likely knew nothing about the construction with regard to the fire, a fire he could not see. Was Larry consulted on what to do with the other buildings while they burned?

Larry recalls something that seems utterly implausible, and uses a term which he either made up to describe what he did - people make up slangish words all the time, or he actually said what he said. Assuming he meant "let it burn" was this at all prudent? Given the NYFD guy who needed his blessing to let the building burn could not have known it would collapse in place, why would he listen? Anyone ever talk to that guy?

I'd suggest the idea that Larry has control of the buildings demise makes no sense considering it wasn't hit by a plane and was only on fire, which happens in buildings, and I can't imagine the owner is consulted on whether to let it burn or not as other things would have been at play like the rest of the buildings, which, didn't need Larry's blessing to let burn or stand apparently.

In times of trouble almost all people do odd, often stupid things, but the idea that a NYFD chief would take the time to call good ol Larry and see what he wants to do with his burning building is beyond bizarre to me: this being after the entire country is in lock-down mind you.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
here you go DAVE

For a refresher, Larry Silverstein said this...

I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it."
And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse.

911review.org...
we all heard the kevin spacey interview

Results 1 - 10 of about 584,000 for "demolition building pull"
www.google.com...
it is rather a common term
if you did any demolition this would be well known to you

This admission appeared in a PBS documentary originally aired in Sept. of 2002 entitled "America Rebuilds". Mr Silverstein's comments came after FEMA and the Society of Civil Engineers conducted an extensive and costly investigation into the curious collapse of WTC 7. The study specifically concluded that the building had collapsed as a result of the inferno within, sparked, apparently, by debris falling from the crumbling North Tower.

In the documentary Silverstein makes the following statement;

"I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse."

[This can be heard in the audio file VestigialConscience.com... Thanks to Sir Dave 'tmo' Soule for transfering this from the video to an MP3 file. "America Rebuilds", PBS Home Video, ISBN 0-7806-4006-3, is available from shop.pbs.org...]

Mr. Silverstein's comments stand in direct contradiction to the findings of the extensive FEMA report. They even negate Kevin Spacey's narrative in the very documentary in which they appear; "WTC 7 fell after burning for 7 hours." If it had been generally known that the building was "pulled" wouldn't Mr. Spacey have phrased it that way?

In the same program a cleanup worker referred to the demolition of WTC 6: "... we're getting ready to pull the building six." There can be little doubt as to how the word "pull" is being used in this context.

www.rense.com...

now have a nice day

edit on 20-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Unless there is a similar term in the FDNY that means something else,i think the truther argument still stands.

Unless someone here knows if they do or not,then i think you are looking in the wrong place for your answer.
edit on 20/3/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

Hi Viking,
I just left a thread over in Lost Civilizations about Nores men.
I burned thier villages.
Anywho I was hopeing to get a grasp on your post.
Could you elaborate?
thanks ljb

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Here's an idea, let's ask someone who was there at the time? Oh wait, we can't, he's "dead" now, oddly enough. He is still on youtube though.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

To say he meant "pull the fireman" makes no sense to me. I have never heard that firemen take orders from the owner of a building. In what was clearly a national emergency, I simply can't fathom the local fireman in charge (was there only one?) got on the phone and called Larry up at home and said "hey, what do you want us to do?" This is ludicrous on every single level imaginable. I can't remember the time from plane crash A to the collapse of 7, but I can't imagine there was time for a leisurely chat about what to do with a non expert - the guy didn't build the buildings he bought them and most likely knew nothing about the construction with regard to the fire, a fire he could not see. Was Larry consulted on what to do with the other buildings while they burned?

Silverstein was not in command - FDNY chief Nigro was

Nigro had called Silverstein as a courtesy, he did not have to do it as had full authority to do what he needed

Silverstein is just accepting the inevitable, Nigro calling to inform him that WTC 7 was lost and area was being
cleared in anticpation of collapse

Silverstein was accepting defeat, knowing could do nothing

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Here's an idea, let's ask someone who was there at the time? Oh wait, we can't, he's "dead" now, oddly enough. He is still on youtube though.

light
and let me add a HOLY molly dude to it,
That is one of the most awesome videos me and the kids have ever watched.
They hooked up there laptop just at the right time.
We are still yelling GO BARRY
thanks ljb

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Beware the people who claim to know. If they do, ask how they know? I don't but the evidence against the Official Story is overwhelming. Too much is wrong, very wrong.
Peace

edit on 20/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

light
and let me add a HOLY molly dude to it,
That is one of the most awesome videos me and the kids have ever watched.
They hooked up there laptop just at the right time.
We are still yelling GO BARRY
thanks ljb

be carefull with those children
to much doubt in the system can warp their opinion of authority figures
and their ability to trust any Official Story for the rest of their lives
perhaps you should wait till they are older to shock them?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Nigro had called Silverstein as a courtesy, he did not have to do it as had full authority to do what he needed

Silverstein is just accepting the inevitable, Nigro calling to inform him that WTC 7 was lost and area was being
cleared in anticpation of collapse

Silverstein was accepting defeat, knowing could do nothing

Hi thed
Catch your breath, you are paddeling to hard.
Now picture this, Bodies had been falling, buildings were detonating, bombs were expolding and a Get It Done FIREMAN gives some jerkwad a courtesy call?????
Not on this PLANET.
buddy thed

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Hi dan,
are we good with the Vikings??
What system do you refer to my friend?
My kids are most likly older than you. save your advice.

edit on 20-3-2012 by longjohnbritches because: To many????

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oh, a thread by ATS 9/11 Shill GoodOlDave. Still around and on the payroll huh.

I'm glad I stopped coming here.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I used Google Groups to attempt to see when "pull it" = demolition entered the lexicon. Searching for "'pull it' 9/11," I could not find any posts with that meaning until January 2004 ("WTC demolished" on alt.conspiracy). I tried a general search using the terms "'pull it' demolition OR demolish" for all dates in the archive up to 1 January 2001, read the first few pages of results, and found no evidence that the phrase "pull it" was associated with demolition.

Next, I searched Google Books for "'pull it' demolition OR demolish." There are references to structures being "pulled down," but I do not see the word "pull" in this sense standing without the modifier "down." I searched some other databases (the "deep web," or whatever you want to call it), and again, there was "pull it down" but not "pull it." In at least one article, to pull a building down refers explicitly to use of an excavator, not explosives (Kosub, "Demolition: It's An Art," On-Site, June 2000).

Not conclusive, but narrows down your search. If you want to know who said "pull it" was slang for controlled demolition, look for people talking about 9/11 after the event but before February 2004.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by longjohnbritches

Beware the people who claim to know. If they do, ask how they know? I don't but the evidence against the Official Story is overwhelming. Too much is wrong, very wrong.
Peace

edit on 20/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

I grew up in Hells Kitchen brother.
I DO have a CLUE.
The Bigger we are the harder to the head the blow.
Don't quote me because it could have been Harold Robbins or Trotsky.
Not sure
peace brother

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

No it is your opinion. Apparently Silverstein was an expert in building demolition and was familiar with the technical aspects and terms of a controlled implosion. Or maybe he was talking about the pulling the fire fighting team, you know "it" and You still haven't addressed that 1/3 of the structure of wtc7 was destroyed and the crew reported collapse was imminent.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join