It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who the heck ever said "Pull it" was slang for controlled demolitions?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
reply to post by Myendica

Or perhaps the 'it' refers to the rescue operation; i.e. he was saying pull the rescue operation.

Hi rest,

I fireman would not know what the sam hill he was saying if that was the case.
Check out all the things firemen say on that day.
Evacuate, abandon, withdraw etc.
research this aspect and you will see.
I hope that helps? ljb

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
reply to post by Myendica

Or perhaps the 'it' refers to the rescue operation; i.e. he was saying pull the rescue operation.

Hi rest,

I hope that helps? ljb

Eherm!

sites.google.com...

It certainly was used that way on 9/11. Again and again, “pull” is how firefighters and EMTs describe the afternoon withdrawal from the area in and around WTC 7. In the accounts I’ve read, excluding Larry Silverstein’s, “pull” is used 30 times to refer to the withdrawal of WTC firefighting and rescue operations. 27 of those references are about WTC 7. Add Silverstein’s statement and we’ve got 32 references to “pull” meaning “withdraw.” My survey was not exhaustive.

Here’s a summary of the first-person accounts I’ve read. All but a few are from first responders:

41 – People who specifically mention the severity of the WTC 7 fires
29 – People who specifically mention extensive damage to WTC 7
104 – People who mention the FDNY order to withdraw from WTC 7 area
36 – Number of times “Pull” is used to mean “withdraw rescuers”
39 – Other witnesses who say the collapse of WTC 7 was expected

You were saying?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hi rest,

I hope that helps? ljb

Wrong again:

I do remember us being pulled off the pile. ...We were down by the pile to search or looking around. 7 World Trade Center was roaring. I remember being pulled off the pile like just before. It wasn't just before. It was probably an hour before 7 came down.
–Firefighter Kevin Howe

We were worried about additional collapse there of what was remaining standing of the towers and the Marriott, so we started pulling the people back after a couple of hours of surface removal and searches along the surface of the debris. We started to pull guys back because we were concerned for their safety.

Yeah, we had to pull everybody back. It was very difficult. We had to be very forceful in getting the guys out. They didn’t want to come out.....We pulled everybody back probably by 3 or 3:30 in the afternoon. We said, this building is going to come down, get back. It came down about 5 o’clock or so, but we had everybody backed away by then.
–Deputy Chief Peter Hayden 

There was a big discussion going on at that point about pulling all of our units out of 7 World Trade Center. Chief Nigro didn't feel it was worth taking the slightest chance of somebody else getting injured. So at that point we made a decision to take all of our units out of 7 World Trade Center because there was a potential for collapse.
–Capt. Chris Boyle

Someone gave a Mayday. I guess it was someone trapped under one of the pedestrian bridges. We started to go under there to look. One of the Chiefs pulled us out of there. He said don't go under there. ..We searched that building and then we started making another move in and we got pulled out again, because I guess the Chiefs were getting more in control of the situation. They pulled everybody out of there. ...that was probably like four or five o'clock before we stopped.
–Firefighter Todd Fredrickson

When the third building came down that's where we were (Stuyvesant High School). We were actually -- they pulled us all back. Actually they pulled us all the way back that far at the point because they didn't want any -- they didn't want us anywhere near it. Everyone was just running around. When the third building came down, we were on that corner in front of the school, and everybody just stood back.

They pulled us all back at that time, almost an hour before it, because they were sure -- they knew it was going to come down, but they weren't sure. So they pulled everyone back, and everybody stood there and we actually just waited and waited until it went down, because it was unsafe. They wouldn't let anyone next to I guess the two piles, we would call them, where one and two was. We stood back. We waited.
–EMT Joseph Fortis

Finally they pulled us out. They said all right, get out of that building because that 7, they were really worried about. They pulled us out of there and then they regrouped everybody on Vesey Street, between the water and West Street.
–Firefighter Richard Banaciski

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Hi var,
Actually posting all that interwebz nonsense doesn't impress me at all.
If you want to argue this point then.
POST the narritives of the firemen on the day of 911 that mention PULL IT.
That is the task.
see ya ljb

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

Save us all alot of time

SEE POST ABOVE

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

Pulled off, pulled back, pulled down, pulled up, pulled in, pulled out. Pull back, pull out.

Not the same context as 'Pull IT'.

You need to find a reference where fire-fighters are referred to as 'IT'. We already know 'pull' is a demo slang. It doesn't mean the word 'pull' can not be used in other context.

I don't think you 'get it'.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

Hi var,
That is the task.
see ya ljb

Irrelevant. Get it straight. Larry said "pull it", not the firemen.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarasparagus

Yet OSer are trying to use fire fighters saying pull, in all sorts of irrelevant contexts, to claim fire fighters do in fact say that. So how come you didn't point out that is irrelevant?

So you are admitting that even if fire fighters say pull, or pulled, it is not relevant to what Larry said?

OSers are conflicted? How come you guys never point out wrongs posted by your own side? Extreme bias?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Yet OSer are trying to use fire fighters saying pull, in all sorts of irrelevant contexts, to claim fire fighters do in fact say that. So how come you didn't point out that is irrelevant?

So you are admitting that even if fire fighters say pull, or pulled, it is not relevant to what Larry said?

OSers are conflicted? How come you guys never point out wrongs posted by your own side? Extreme bias?

I'm saying that Larry's choice of words is irrelevant. HE said, "I said pull it". He also said "THEY decided to pull". The firefighters were calling the shots, not Larry. No firefighter has been quoted as saying "pull it" or "we decided to pull it". What is clear, however, is that the fire chiefs made a decision to pull the firefighters out of danger due to an imminent collapse.
edit on 30-3-2012 by lunarasparagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Hi anok,
This is so true. These people are the epitomy of ignorant spin.
They do it so much I think some actually have started to beleive it themselves.
They are in a hole of pure embaresment. Where is the reality of Pull It????
later ljb

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Hi anok,
later ljb

This is simple. Larry said he said "pull it". But he also admitted that the firemen made the decision "to pull". The fire chiefs verified that they were calling the shots. And what was that decision? Well, we have no record of any fire chief having said "we decided to pull IT", so when they talked about their decision to pull out, you can't infer they were referring to the building. They were very clear in what the decision was--to evacuate the firefighters.

We know also that fire fighters don't demo buildings anyway.

So whatever Larry said, it's irrelevant because the real story is on record and has been corroborated by numerous fire fighters who were at the scene.

Put it together genius. You can do it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Hi anok,
later ljb

This is simple. Larry said he said "pull it". But he also admitted that the firemen made the decision "to pull". The fire chiefs verified that they were calling the shots. And what was that decision? Well, we have no record of any fire chief having said "we decided to pull it", so when they talked about their decision to pull out, you can't infer they were referring to the building. They were very clear in what the decision was--to evacuate the firefighters.

So whatever Larry said, it's irrelevant because the real story is on record and has been corroborated by numerous fire fighters who were at the scene.

Hi lun,
Here is how you put it together.
Post the words of firemen on the day of Sept 11, 2001, prior to the end of building # 7.
with bated breath ljb

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Hi anok,
later ljb

This is simple. Larry said he said "pull it". But he also admitted that the firemen made the decision "to pull". The fire chiefs verified that they were calling the shots. And what was that decision? Well, we have no record of any fire chief having said "we decided to pull it", so when they talked about their decision to pull out, you can't infer they were referring to the building. They were very clear in what the decision was--to evacuate the firefighters.

Hi lun,
Post the words of firemen on the day of Sept 11, 2001, prior to the end of building # 7.
with bated breath ljb

If you need to hear actual recordings or verbatim transcripts of the fire fighters' conversations that day because you don't trust their testimonies, i.e., you think they are lying, then this discussion is pointless. It's highly unlikely that such recordings exist.

But you have this backwards. If YOU think the fire fighters made a decision to demo the building, prove it. How about YOU post the words of firemen giving that order. How about just ONE? Can you find ONE sound bite or ONE credible testimony of a fireman stating that FDNY leadership made a decision and/or an order to demolish WTC7 with explosives?
with bated breath

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

So in other words:

edit on 3/30/2012 by GenRadek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Hi Longjohn

How about you post us a nice pretty list that shows all of the explosive demolitions the NYFD has done in the last 30 years. If this is what you are insisting, then please provide us with some evidence. Golly, I didnt know that fire fighters also do demolitions. I should ask my cousin how many buildings he's blown up so far as a firefighter.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This is hilarious.... EVEN IF Larry made the decision to pull it, and he meant demolish the structure, That sure doesn't mean he meant "blowing it up this afternoon", which would require that the building had been prepared well beforehand with explosives. Even assuming that there were explosives in the building ready to blow up, that certainly would imply that the decision to "pull it" (again assuming) had been made long before, not that afternoon.

Yet again, the truthers have failed to provide one single narrative that makes any sense taken as a whole.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

Hi var,
That is the task.
see ya ljb

Ah yes, 'interwebz nonsense' is quotes from firefighters. Either you didn't look at the website, or you are actively keeping yourself ignorant by refusing to even consider any possibility other than what you already fervently believe.

There are very clear usages of the word pull when the firefighters were referring to what happened regarding building 7. They said they got pulled out, they were ordered to pull, the decision was made to pull, and that's what they did, and they waited for the building to fall.

And of course, all the damage they report is false too, you assume?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Hi anok,
later ljb

Hi lun,
with bated breath ljb

If you need to hear actual recordings or verbatim transcripts of the fire fighters' conversations that day because you don't trust their testimonies, i.e., you think they are lying, then this discussion is pointless. It's highly unlikely that such recordings exist.

But you have this backwards. If YOU think the fire fighters made a decision to demo the building, prove it. How about YOU post the words of firemen giving that order. How about just ONE? Can you find ONE sound bite or ONE credible testimony of a fireman stating that FDNY leadership made a decision and/or an order to demolish WTC7 with explosives?
with bated breath

Hi lun

Nope, just post where a fireman used the words PULL IT September 11 2001.
If you can not save your breath and some cyber space here on ats.
Do you realize just how ignorant you reply???
later ljb

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Hi Longjohn

Golly, I didnt know that fire fighters also do demolitions. I should ask my cousin how many buildings he's blown up so far as a firefighter.

Ah,
This is a good idea. But first ask him to help you out with your ignorance about what real firemen say about abandoning an operation.
He'll learn ya

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

reply to post by Varemia

Hi var,
That is the task.
see ya ljb

They said they got pulled out, they were ordered to pull, the decision was made to pull, and that's what they did, and they waited for the building to fall.

Var.

Please back this up. Who said what when???
Who is they??? What did they say on 911???
Then we can deal with it. Try it without all the assumption ignorance.

happy trails
edit on 3/30/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join