It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who the heck ever said "Pull it" was slang for controlled demolitions?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Nothing accomplished but embarising yourself and your Band of Merry Bend.

Thats more than 10 years of trutherism has accomplished.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Why do you insist on requiring “pull it” being an industry term when it was obviously slang? Why do I get the feeling that you are using this one incident to demean the whole truther movement? Does it actually matter that Clark gable never actually said “Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn” in Gone With The Wind yet everyone remembers it that way? I think it actually takes a lot of gall for anyone claiming to support the official explanation to criticize would be truthers about Silverstein's statement. Of course he thought the building might collapse. The other two did, didn't they? What's the big deal?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Nothing accomplished but embarising yourself and your Band of Merry Bend.

Thats more than 10 years of trutherism has accomplished.

Hi PLB
Quite a ranty off topic answer is'nt dude?
Rome was not built in a day or ten years but buddy It was built!!!
The Nero's of this thread stick out like a chickens neck on a block.
Well maybe a pullit's.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfstev

Why do you insist on requiring “pull it” being an industry term when it was obviously slang? Why do I get the feeling that you are using this one incident to demean the whole truther movement? Does it actually matter that Clark gable never actually said “Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn” in Gone With The Wind yet everyone remembers it that way? I think it actually takes a lot of gall for anyone claiming to support the official explanation to criticize would be truthers about Silverstein's statement. Of course he thought the building might collapse. The other two did, didn't they? What's the big deal?

Well, for one, when I first heard this bit I was specifically told that "pull it is industry lingo for controlled demolitions" and after some discussion here the claim has now specifically been shown to be an outright falsehood, so your analogy really doesn't apply. For another, my point is that regardless of what Silverstein actually meant, he wasn't referring to demolishing the building- he was trying to stop people from getting killed- so from where I sit, it looks like the bulk of the "proof" the conspiracy theorists are relying upon are simply internet memes repeated so often that it gives the appearance that they're established facts.

Oh, and who are you referring to when you say "anyone claiming to support the official explanation"? I have said many times that I believe the gov't isn't being honest in how it performed on 9/11.

BTW are you sure about that "Gone With the Wind" misquote? I gotta look that one up...but there are enough actual misquotes out there (I.E. Bogart never said "play it again, Sam" in Casablanca) for me to still understand your point.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Steve Spak video - one of the few showing south side WTC 7

Notice tremendous smoke pouring from building

Check clip 4

Can hear them discussing collapse zone around WTC 7

Saying building is 50 stories, if falls debris could definately reach all the way out here . No wonder pulled
everyone out

www.911myths.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I have noticed that you seem to be defending that bottomfeeder Silverstein very strongly. Why is that exactly Dave? The guy is a shady individual with many connections to the International Banksters. Is Larry your hero or something? ~$heopleNation

edit on 28-3-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

I have noticed that you seem to be defending that bottomfeeder Silverstein very strongly. Why is that exactly Dave? The guy is a shady individual with many connections to the International Banksters. Is Larry your hero or something? ~$heopleNation

edit on 28-3-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Nope, never met the guy. I have no stand with him one way or the other, and in fact he only reason why I've been told why I'm even supposed to hate Silverstein is because he's Jewish. So, if I don't subscribe to these "Jewish world order plotting to take over the world" conspiracies of yours then why should I have a beef against the Jews for no reason?

My college pal and her husband are Jewish, and even though I go to their house for dinner all the time and I'm blessed that I can count them as my friends, these two don't have the smarts to take over a monopoly board, let alone the world. One of them wiped the MP3 collection off my flash drive when he synchronized it with his Ipod in the wrong direction. I mean, really, how do you even do that?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You sure do make alot of reckless assumptions eh GoodOlDave? Course, by reading the countless drivel that you have posted within this thread I can't say that I am suprised. I never mentioned anything about Silverstein being Jewish. Usually people who claim to have Jewish friends or whoever turn out to be liars. The Jews that I know are pretty intelligent, so your so-called dumb Jewish friends are a rare phenomena. Now yuh see, there you did it DavO. You have gone and made this about anti-semitism instead of just Larry Silverstein. How gutless and pathetic. Maybe you're a closet Anti-Semite? Yep, That's probably it. Glad we cleared that up Dave.

However, Let's move on from your mentally disturbed accusations though and return to the subject at hand shall we? You, Have nothing but your weak opinions on this matter and have no facts whatsoever to back up your claims. Building 7 is the smoking gun of 9/11, and it doesn't really make a difference how many times payed yes men, robot, wanna be debunkers like yourself try to spin the facts because most of us will never buy it. You probably have a poster of your hero Larry hanging on your bedroom door. Maybe a mouse pad with him winking back at yuh? Yep, I figured so.
~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

You sure do make alot of reckless assumptions eh GoodOlDave? Course, by reading the countless drivel that you have posted within this thread I can't say that I am suprised. I never mentioned anything about Silverstein being Jewish. Usually people who claim to have Jewish friends or whoever turn out to be liars. The Jews that I know are pretty intelligent, so your so-called dumb Jewish friends are a rare phenomena. Now yuh see, there you did it DavO. You have gone and made this about anti-semitism instead of just Larry Silverstein. How gutless and pathetic. Maybe you're a closet Anti-Semite? Yep, That's probably it. Glad we cleared that up Dave.

Where the heck have you been? Every third post here is over how the conspiracy is the work of Mossad as part of some Jewish World Order plot, and I've seen more gripes against Silverstein being a Jew than I can count. Oh, and let's not forget the claim that never quite goes away about how "all the Jews were told to stay home on 9/11".

I keep telling you truthers that if you're going to be pushing these alternative theories then you need to come up with an alternative theory you all can all agree on and which better fits the facts...and yet you simply won't do it. If you take exception to the fact that the result of your own laziness is that hordes of anti-semites are hijacking your precious truther movement to use as an outlet for their personal ax to grind then that's just too bad for you.

However, Let's move on from your mentally disturbed accusations though and return to the subject at hand shall we? You, Have nothing but your weak opinions on this matter and have no facts whatsoever to back up your claims. Building 7 is the smoking gun of 9/11, and it doesn't really make a difference how many times payed yes men, robot, wanna be debunkers like yourself try to spin the facts because most of us will never buy it. You probably have a poster of your hero Larry hanging on your bedroom door. Maybe a mouse pad with him winking back at yuh? Yep, I figured so.

Ah yes, the "armies of sinister secret agents" nonsense again. It's the same bandaid you truthers always use to patch up the gigantic holes in your claims- explosives can be planted in an occupied building and coordinated with staged hijackings without anyone noticing, ground crews clearing the debris won't see any blatant signs of sabotage, NIST engineers can be corrupted like third world politicians, and two plus two can equal seven, all by using these armies of magical sinister secret agents. You have the gall to be annoyed when someone takes you people to task for behaving like a bunch of brownshirts with all this "it's all the faut of the Jews" bit and then you just turn around and swap one "secret plot to take over the world" with another.

You people are your own worst enemy. Heck, all *I* am doing is asking for proof that 'pull it' really is lingo for controlled demolitions. You're the ones turning this tragedy into a three ring circus.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I keep telling you. Pull or pull it is not a demolition term it is slang! Do you really believe all this or are you just "pulling" our legs?

Construction worker: “Hello? Oh, we’re getting ready to PULL building six.”

Luis Mendes, NYC Dept of Design and Construction: “We had to be very careful how we DEMOLISHED building six. We were worried about the building six coming down and then damaging the slurry walls, so we wanted that particular building to fall within a certain area.”

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I keep telling you. Pull or pull it is not a demolition term it is slang! Do you really believe all this or are you just "pulling" our legs?

Luis Mendes, NYC Dept of Design and Construction: “We had to be very careful how we DEMOLISHED building six. We were worried about the building six coming down and then damaging the slurry walls, so we wanted that particular building to fall within a certain area.”

It doesn't matter, Silverstein didn't make the decision. Fire department officers did, and they are clear about what the decision was.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by surfstev

So where were the cables on WTC7?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ahem...yes, they did pull building 6...WITH CABLES. It's already been shown that "pull it" is a documented reference to pulling down a building with cables, so of course they're going to say "pull it" when they're talking about a building they were literally pulling down. Without meaning to you just single handedly proved everything I just said about this "pull it is lingo for controlled demolitions" bit being nothing more than an internete meme. It has nothing to do with what I believe and everything to do with what the evidence (including your own, just now) says...not to mention, that it's common sense that fire departments don't even do controlled demolitions to begin with...so the only one here who's insisting on making up their own definitions as they go along are you truthers.

And no, I'm not going to put a steel cable on your leg. What you do on your saturday nights is your own business.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
reply to post by surfstev

So where were the cables on WTC7?

That's a really good question. Where were all the cables? Without the cables that building should have been all over the place. Yet it allegedly fell as good or better than even the most calculated and prepared for demolition according to the official NIST report from being struck by what? An airplane? Anybody that uses this as an excuse to attack truthers is strongly suspect in my book!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I kinda get the feeling that they used more than cables to pull down building 6 but I must profess to being ignorant of how it was actually demolished. The guy did say that they were getting ready to pull building six. It seemed like he meant more than that they were getting ready to hook a cable up to a tractor and pull down the walls. Didn't it involve the use of explosives? Could someone please clarify this?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I kinda get the feeling that they used more than cables to pull down building 6 but I must profess to being ignorant of how it was actually demolished. The guy did say that they were getting ready to pull building six. It seemed like he meant more than that they were getting ready to hook a cable up to a tractor and pull down the walls. Didn't it involve the use of explosives? Could someone please clarify this?

No, they manually cut the columns just enough to weaken them, and remove parts of the structure like the walls and bracing so that they won't act as structural reports. From the book DEMOLITION: Practices, technique, and management:

"Pulling a building or structure is another method of bring down an entire structure at once. This is typically accomplished by attaching heavy cables to columns at high points on the structure to achieve a significant mechanical advantage, then removing shear walls, bracing at the ground level, and weakening columns similar to that required for tripping a structure. When all is ready, the preattached cables are connected to one or more pieces of heavy machinery located well beyond the "fall zone", The cables are pulled in the direction of fall with the heavy equipment. As soon as the center of gravity is moved beyond the outer wall line, gravity takes over."

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Here's a good example:

'to pull down' means to demolish a building or other structure.

The old theatre was pulled down and replaced by a block of flats.
They pulled down a lot of houses when they built the new ring road around the city.

www.carolinebrownenglishlessons.com...

English Phrasal Verbs

Practice your English with Caroline Brown!

hmm.. another example:

"30 years on, Walkeshwar building to be pulled down"

A 14-storey building in Walkeshwar is going to be demolished soon, the Bombay High Court was told recently. The bare structure has been the centre of much controversy for the last 30 years.

www.mumbaimirror.com...

Oh look and another:

Rhyl eyesore pulled down
www.rhyljournal.co.uk...

Illegal building pulled down in T Nagar
articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Bible Society planning to pull down heritage building in Kolkata
www.deccanherald.com...

www.thefreedictionary.com...

pull down
1. To demolish; destroy: pull down an old office building.

Couple who spent year building £250,000 home ordered to pull it down... for being 15ft to the right

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Clearly some people know what it means!
edit on 29-3-2012 by Insolubrious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
To be precise yes building 6 was 'pulled down' with cables, but they didn't pull it, they shook it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Insolubrious

Come to think of it I actually pulled down a garage a few years ago. I didn't use cables. Just my truck and an old rope...

Maybe if I could have gotten a small bird to fly into it the whole thing might have collapsed from the pancake theory...

But with all the carnage and dead roaches on the floor I figured that with such a significant loss of life already that maybe the smartest thing to do was to get my old truck, wrap a rope around the central support column and just pull it...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insolubrious
pull down
1. To demolish; destroy: pull down an old office building.

This is a double standard. The conspiracy theorists are notorious for being anal retentive in their strict interpretation of Silverstein saying "pull IT" (singular) when he might have actually meant "pull THEM" (plural). Now, you're turning around and saying Silverstein wasn't literally meaning "pull IT" but he actually meant "pull DOWN". You either have to take his statement literally or you don't. You can't have it both ways.

The more we examine all the meanings, side meanings, and potential meanings, every single scenario points to the same thing- he was referring to cancelling the operation to save the building because he was concerned about the tremendous loss of life going on. In fact the only way anything even becomes confusing is when the conspiracy theorists attempt to forcefully reinterpret things away from this meaning: the NYFD simply does not do anything with any form of demolitions whatsoever, regardless of whether its controlled demolitions or pulling it down with cables, and regardless of whether Silverstein meant to say pull it, pull down, or pull them.

This whole "pull it is lingo for controlled demolitions" is nothing but an internet meme being repeated over and over as if it were fact. Incorporate this into your conspiracy scenarios as you see fit.
edit on 29-3-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join