The US Is Sitting On A 200-Year Supply Of Oil

page: 1
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The US Is Sitting On A 200-Year Supply Of Oil


Obama says 22 billion barrels,

However, the Institute for Energy Research says about a trillion and a half is more like it !!

They claim most of it is in shale deposits in the Green River Formation in Wyoming.

That might be more than Canada and Mexico combined !!


Mar. 19, 2012, 10:14 PM -- Business Insider

President Obama has said the U.S. possesses just 3 percent of the world's oil reserves, or about 22.3 billion barrels, writes Investor's Business Daily's John Merline.

However, this figure represents just proven reserves.

But one analyst believes he could be off by almost a trillion.

According to the Institute for Energy Research's calculations the U.S. actually sits on 1.442 trillion barrels of recoverable deposits.

That's over 60 times the amount we usually hear about.

Merline writes that this larger number would be enough to meet all U.S. oil needs for about the next 200 years.

Most of that — an estimated 1.4 trillion barrels — is locked into shale deposits in the Green River Formation in Wyoming. The U.S. recently began holding public hearings about issuing permits to drill there.

One caveat is that refining capacity is nearly full-up; no new refineries have been built in the U.S. in 35 years, although that could soon change


U.S. Oil ?


To Drill or not to Drill ?




posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And yet they're as far as in the Middle-East killing thousands of people just for oil when there's a trillion barrels under them? Oh please, give me a break. It's like saying China's biggest income is made by importing.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Drill baby Drill


I'm in the oil and gas industry and weather people like it or not the way our society is now (and for the foreseeable future) we are dependent on oil.

Im all for alternative fuel sources and I really believe that our true technology behind our energy sources are being hidden and kept secret from the masses. But what people need to realize is that we use oil for much much more than just lubricating and fuel.

We use oil/petroleum for plastics, vitamins, fertilizers, cloths, detergents, food additives to increase shelf life, make-up, ink and film to just name a few.

So as much as I want to see alternitive fuel sources come to frution, we still need oil in our everyday lives.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 



Lindsey Williams declares . . . and my loved ones on the North Slope pipeline job agree . . .

we have several 200 year long supply reserves . . . totalling at least 400-800 years including with increased demand.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
OF course they know that. While theres no end in sight for replacement of oil dependency its been the American missions to hand out paper notes in exchange for the rest of the worlds oil first!

totally obvious tactic, only if we cutr out the need for oil before then they are sitting on a trillion barrels of contaminated soil rather than money.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

IER is a tax-exempt public foundation and is funded entirely by tax deductible contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations. No financial support is sought for or accepted from the government.[1] According to the liberal watchdog group, Media Matters,[2] since 1996, $110,000 of IER's funding has come from the Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation, a trust set up by private energy company Koch Industries. IER also received over $300,000 in funding from ExxonMobil, [3], but Exxon has not given to IER since 2007.[4]

The Institute's CEO, Robert L. Bradley, Jr., was formerly a director of policy analysis at Enron, where he wrote speeches for Kenneth Lay. Bradley has written books indicting Enron's crony capitalism including "Capitalism at Work"[5] and "Edison to Enron."[6]

In December of 2011, IER released the North American Energy Inventory [7], a compilation of total energy in North America. With the North American Energy Inventory, IER showed that the US could be energy independent if the US federal government were to allow for greater domestic energy exploration and production.

IER is also closely affiliated with the American Energy Alliance


en.wikipedia.org...



The American Energy Alliance (AEA) was founded in 2008 by Thomas Pyle, who previously lobbied on behalf of the National Petrochemical and Refiners Association and Koch Industries and who previously worked for Congressman Tom Delay (R-TX), when Delay served as Whip and before Delay, as House Majority Leader, stepped down from the U.S. House of Representatives under an ethical cloud.


www.sourcewatch.org...


FoundationsFred C. and Mary R. Koch Foundation (1953[8])
Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation (1980[9])
David H. Koch Foundation[10]
Koch Cultural Trust (founded 1986 as Kansas Cultural Trust, renamed in 2008[11])
Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation[3]


en.wikipedia.org...

Yep totally trustworthy....

edit on 20-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim
And yet they're as far as in the Middle-East killing thousands of people just for oil when there's a trillion barrels under them? Oh please, give me a break. It's like saying China's biggest income is made by importing.


Of course the US is sitting on the worlds largest reserves. Think about it logically.

The US invades other countries, steals their oil, pushes the price through the roof...then when the oil is disappearing, probably after WWIII and the population of the planet is around half, the US will announce the discovery of a huge oil reserve in their country, the world will have to beg for it from the US...thus keeping the power and control with them...

Makes perfect sense to me.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

IER is a tax-exempt public foundation and is funded entirely by tax deductible contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations. No financial support is sought for or accepted from the government.[1] According to the liberal watchdog group, Media Matters,[2] since 1996, $110,000 of IER's funding has come from the Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation, a trust set up by private energy company Koch Industries. IER also received over $300,000 in funding from ExxonMobil, [3], but Exxon has not given to IER since 2007.[4]

The Institute's CEO, Robert L. Bradley, Jr., was formerly a director of policy analysis at Enron, where he wrote speeches for Kenneth Lay. Bradley has written books indicting Enron's crony capitalism including "Capitalism at Work"[5] and "Edison to Enron."[6]

In December of 2011, IER released the North American Energy Inventory [7], a compilation of total energy in North America. With the North American Energy Inventory, IER showed that the US could be energy independent if the US federal government were to allow for greater domestic energy exploration and production.

IER is also closely affiliated with the American Energy Alliance


en.wikipedia.org...



The American Energy Alliance (AEA) was founded in 2008 by Thomas Pyle, who previously lobbied on behalf of the National Petrochemical and Refiners Association and Koch Industries and who previously worked for Congressman Tom Delay (R-TX), when Delay served as Whip and before Delay, as House Majority Leader, stepped down from the U.S. House of Representatives under an ethical cloud.


www.sourcewatch.org...


FoundationsFred C. and Mary R. Koch Foundation (1953[8])
Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation (1980[9])
David H. Koch Foundation[10]
Koch Cultural Trust (founded 1986 as Kansas Cultural Trust, renamed in 2008[11])
Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation[3]


en.wikipedia.org...

Yep totally trustworthy....

edit on 20-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)


It is to us..

Now I don't know about 1.4 trillion barrels
I am sure there is more then 22 billion.

How they actually calculate over 1 trillion
i do not know.

Even if you cut that number in half, to be able
to support the whole usa for 100 years would be
all we would need. I am sure in 100 years hydrogen
will be cheap enough to produce.
SO i say it is good news if it is more then 22 bill



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod


Of course the US is sitting on the worlds largest reserves. Think about it logically.

The US invades other countries, steals their oil, pushes the price through the roof...then when the oil is disappearing, probably after WWIII and the population of the planet is around half, the US will announce the discovery of a huge oil reserve in their country, the world will have to beg for it from the US...thus keeping the power and control with them...

Makes perfect sense to me.


Laughs with an evil smile smearing across their face. bwaa hahahahaha



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
America is getting "Fracked" by the Energy Corporations
and the politicians in their VEST POCKETS.

ADDED:::: Oil is not a dirty word energy, and its not just Republicans who own stock in Oil Energy.
knee jerk Liberals get over your selves on the oil issue
edit on 20-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim
 


IMO, the quest to conquer the Middle-East isn't really about capturing oil... the USA could likely trade for oil at a far less cost than going to war (just look at what China's been doing). It's really about gaining control of the world's central banks and mandating the use of the USD (or should we say "Federal Reserve Notes") as the sole OPEC currency.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I work in the Bakken oil field here in ND and I've been told that there is over a hundred years worth of oil here. In fact the Bakken field is larger than Saudi Arabia's oil fields. I get so sick of hearing Obamao tell his lies saying we need alternative energy sources so that we can stop our dependence on foreign oil.

It is all a lie to further the elitist agenda of control and the destruction of our dollar and way of life. For one thing Obama is no expert on the oil industry or any other thing for that matter. I bet the stupid SOB can't even change his own oil.

The fact is that they want people to think we are dependent on foreign oil so that they can justify their tyrannical acts that they perpetrate on us and the rest of the world.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Drill baby Drill




I agree. The truth is that alternative energy solutions are just not ready yet. I'm all for developing those technologies, but in the mean time, we still need oil. And it will be a long, long time before renewable energy can even come close to meeting our demands.

For example, to power a typical American house, you would need a solar panel that is 285 square feet. Plus you would need a battery and other items to store energy for cloudy days. To get all of this, you're looking at around $32,000. Source
That would take you 15-20 years just to break even on your investment. And that's just for the energy we use at home, not including work, the grocery stores and all the other places we visit. In other words, the technology of solar panels just isn't advanced enough yet for it to be an alternative source of energy. Maybe it will be one day, but in the mean time we still need oil.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Drill baby Drill


I'm in the oil and gas industry and weather people like it or not the way our society is now (and for the foreseeable future) we are dependent on oil.

Im all for alternative fuel sources and I really believe that our true technology behind our energy sources are being hidden and kept secret from the masses. But what people need to realize is that we use oil for much much more than just lubricating and fuel.

We use oil/petroleum for plastics, vitamins, fertilizers, cloths, detergents, food additives to increase shelf life, make-up, ink and film to just name a few.

So as much as I want to see alternitive fuel sources come to frution, we still need oil in our everyday lives.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)


1 question....why are the oil companies EXPORTING more oil than they are importing???......answer...because they don't give a damn how much gas costs in america.
IF, production goes up in america, saudi arabia simply cuts back on their exports....anyone taking a a few minutes to research this, will understand why all this talk about more drilling needing to be done in america is a bunch of oil company crap. they run this world, not any president, dictator or king.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by canselmi

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Drill baby Drill




I agree. The truth is that alternative energy solutions are just not ready yet. I'm all for developing those technologies, but in the mean time, we still need oil. And it will be a long, long time before renewable energy can even come close to meeting our demands.

For example, to power a typical American house, you would need a solar panel that is 285 square feet. Plus you would need a battery and other items to store energy for cloudy days. To get all of this, you're looking at around $32,000. Source
That would take you 15-20 years just to break even on your investment. And that's just for the energy we use at home, not including work, the grocery stores and all the other places we visit. In other words, the technology of solar panels just isn't advanced enough yet for it to be an alternative source of energy. Maybe it will be one day, but in the mean time we still need oil.


at what price for a gallon of gas, will you consider the privitization of oil companies, causes a national security crisis for america? $5.00, $7.00, $10.00 a gallon?



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
how much oil is under the grounds is just a guess. No one knows for sure how much there is. That is why it is a gamble.

Are you willing to pollute and tear up Wyoming on a guess?



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
how much oil is under the grounds is just a guess. No one knows for sure how much there is. That is why it is a gamble.

Are you willing to pollute and tear up Wyoming on a guess?



Hell yes, if it makes gas a dollar
a gallon. Gets us off the terrorists
oil, and would make America
totally free of them, yes do what
you have too.
I am sure if it is done right, very little
impact could be had on the enviroment..

Pretty selfish to only think about WY!!



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
how much oil is under the grounds is just a guess. No one knows for sure how much there is. That is why it is a gamble.

Are you willing to pollute and tear up Wyoming on a guess?



I'm guessing that you have never been any where near an active drilling rig. When you come back with an automatic assumption that drilling for oil "pollutes" and "tears up" the land it is more than obvious. You have no idea the environmental concerns that are addressed on and near rigs. Its not like you see on TV with oil spewing 100s of feet into the air and running every where. Spills on rigs are in fact very rare and if you took all of the cars in America that drive around with oil leaks every day and combined them it would equal a lot more spilled oil every year than what the drilling process creates, with the exception of a major catastrophe.

Oil drilling and the oil industry are not the big "Booty Man" that politicians and activist make them out to be.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
how much oil is under the grounds is just a guess. No one knows for sure how much there is. That is why it is a gamble.

Are you willing to pollute and tear up Wyoming on a guess?



Now here is 2 of us that are in the Bakkan or have been there and can say, " where is the pollution?"

They cleaned up the Wal-mart parking lot if thats what you mean. Otherwise, show me the carnage!!!

maybe you will see it in the washing machine but thats about it, and thats the truth
edit on 20-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver
 


Yeah oil drilling improves the environment! Especially in the direct area, here's a study to prove my point .... brought to you by the Koch brothers. IMO environmental damage is a liberal tree hugging myth, I blame Al gore.





top topics
 
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join