It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught on departure from Amsterdam to Dallas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would presume after almost forty thousand hits on the tube , to see this video pop up around here? but after I'd searched couldn't find anything ,if this is already being discussed earlier then I apologise . Apparently someone filmed this on his Iphone when departing from Amsterdam Schiphol to Dallas.

It looks cool but today you never know what to look at? And I hope before we all going to say hoax that some who will claim this a hoax come with evidence rather then easily say it is.. And that most can't provide. But hard evidence will be heard.

So what are we looking at here?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
A wing

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Looks interesting. Not enough footage to disprove anything.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
ha i dont want to be "that guy" but that does look like a weather balloon.

Video seems real cant find any obvious faults with it.

Good one

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

That I had also in mind....why not place the video from the beginning?
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
While this one is almost impossible to verify (without access to the full, hopefully high rez footage) - rest assured, there are UFOs out there in greater numbers than most people want to believe.

All you have to do is take the time to look up. So many people who haven't seen one just never take the time to look for them. I wonder how many debunkers have spent even 1 hour watching the night sky?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

It looks similar to the ufo in the still photo discussed in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

It looks like its done with an iPhone app.

edit on 20/3/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sometimes I wonder , We are living in the twenty-one century , I mean do we still use weather balloons near airports ??? do we use weather balloons at all nowadays ?
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Another YT channel with a video that is probably highly edited....and they are collecting google ad $$ too. everytime one of yall view that vid...they collect $$ into their google ad account....

Until someone can show why this is not CGI.....looks like CGI to me

note to those browsing on YT...if someone is trying to cash in on their "sighting" id think twice about their intentions

edit on March 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

do iphone apps with video as well as stills?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well first of all, the way the flaps are positioned and the fact that the plane rises and falls slightly, one can only presume its actually on descent to either Dallas or Amsterdam. Most likely Dallas...

So given the fact that i cant see this plane actually departing an airport at the given video time, i will say the whole thing is fake!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
NM...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

i will be "another guy" looks like its just floating there all balloon like

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Another YT channel with a video that is probably highly edited....and they are collecting google add $$ too.

Never thought about that, good notice using vid's like these to cash clicks on the banner bah...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Best guess is that it is another plane....it obviously is hard to see the wings of that other plane due to the quality of the camera used and all the light reflections....
I and most of us that have flown more than a couple dozen times have seen other planes above, below, to the side, and every other way. We don't all see the wings on those planes until they get closer or the angle changes.
From the ground do you always naked eye the wings of all the planes?

It looks like an out of focus plane to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Another YT channel with a video that is probably highly edited....and they are collecting google add $$ too.

Never thought about that, good notice using vid's like these to cash clicks on the banner bah...

Eh, it is a pet peeve of mine...sort of like adding music and text and stuff to videos.....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Acknowledged but applying this on video, you need better stuff then a simple App ..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Looking at it in HD/full screen....
I think it could be a balloon if not CGI...you can see it change shape just a tiny bit, as if it is a balloon....

How high can a balloon go?

It is possible to design a balloon that doesn’t pop. If such a balloon were allowed to rise, it would eventually reach “the top of the atmosphere” and go no higher. Imagine that you release a balloon filled with air in the deep end of a swimming pool. The balloon will rise until it is floating on top of the water and go no higher. A balloon filled with helium would eventually get to the top of the atmosphere in that same way. It would depend on the weight of the balloon, but would be between 20 and 30 miles up.

A helium balloon from a birthday party wouldn’t go that high because it is filled with helium and bursts or leaks at a much lower altitude.

How high, from the naked scientist

Firstly, the reason it floats up in the air is because helium is lighter than air. It’s a bit light a boat floating on the water. The balloon is pushing air out of the way that weighs more than the weight of the helium and the balloon together so the heavier air comes in underneath the balloon and the balloon is pushed up in the air. That’s why the balloon goes up in the air and this process will carry on going until the helium filled balloon reaches a point or an altitude at which the air is the same density as the helium + balloon effectively is. That is the maximum height which defines how high it can go.

As you get higher up the air pressure reduces so the balloon is going to try and expand. Depending on how heavy the balloon is and how quickly it’s losing helium (it can get through the gaps in the rubber polymers quite easily) the balloon will keep on going upwards until either it gets heavy enough it can’t get any higher or the difference in pressure inside it and outside it is enough that it will explode. I think if you just let go of a helium balloon it will just escape and will go up a few miles. But we couldn’t tell you exactly how many.

Recently, Michel Fournier was planning to do a parachute jump from the edge of space a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately his balloon took off without him. His balloon would have got him to the edge of space because they use a material that can keep on expanding the farther up it goes, or by starting with the balloon almost entirely empty. There’s just a tiny bit of helium in the top of them, so as they go up there’s lots of space for that helium to expand into. They go up higher and higher. I think the altitude record for an unmanned balloon is about 53km.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Looks like a water droplet.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

After looking at the app (UFO picture gold) I think it only works with still photos. Lets face it though with a half hour on your computer with the right software a 1 or 2 second view of a silvery orb isn't hard to produce.

It's fake, CGI. As greeneyedleo said its probably put out there with the sole intention of making money from clicks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join