It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lie of Evolution from a Credible Scientist

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

I don't expect you to accept it. Why? Because the Bible said people wouldn't.

www.gotquestions.org...

What else did the Bible predict?

The Jews would survive Babylonian rule and return home
Bible prophecy: Jeremiah 32:36-37
Prophecy written: Sometime between 626-586 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: 536 BC

The people of Israel would return to "their own land"
Bible prophecy: Ezekiel 34:13
Prophecy written: Between 593-571 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: About 2600 years ago

Enemies would move into the land of Israel
Bible prophecy: Leviticus 26:32-33
Prophecy written: As early as 1400 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: Beginning in about 721 BC

The Bible foreshadowed Rome's destruction of Israel
Bible prophecy: Deuteronomy 28:49-52
Prophecy written: As early as 1400 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: 70 AD

Zion would be "plowed like a field"
Bible prophecy: Micah 3:11-12
Prophecy written: Sometime between 750-686 BC
Prophecy fulfilled: 135 AD

Those are just a few. More can be viewed here...

www.100prophecies.org...

Maybe some suggested reading into the book of Zephaniah. It only has three chapters, but holds plenty of future predictions regarding Gaza, Jerusalem, Syria, Ethiopia as well generally mentioning the countries in which Jews have resided and been shamed.

edit on 25-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Even if I were to give you those prophecies as fulfilled, what about the hundreds that were not?

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Here God tells Isaac that his descendents (Hebrews) will be as numerous as the stars. Considering the number of stars there are in the universe, that would have to be on the order of 1020 Jewish people.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Christians say that this verse is a prophecy of Jesus' birth to a virgin. There are a couple problems with this prophecy...First, virgin in this verse is a mistranslation of the Hebrew word "almah", which actually means "young woman". A young woman is not necessarily a virgin. "Bethulah" would have been the correct word to use if the author meant virgin. Second, nowhere in the New Testament is Jesus referred to as Immanuel.

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.

Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.

The river mentioned here is the Nile. The Nile is still one of Egypt's greatest natural resource.

Isaiah 19:18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.

The Canaanite language has never been spoken in Egypt, and is now an extinct.

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

There are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.

Amos 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Many times, Jews have been pulled up out of their land. The ownership of their land is still being fought for.

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Zechariah 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

Christians say that this prophecy is was fulfilled when Judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. Matthew 27:9 recites this verse, but incorrectly credits Jeremiah with the prophecy.

Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Again, Jesus is never referred to as Emmanuel (Immanuel).

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is such a prophecy found, so how could such a one be fulfilled?

Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

There is no passage in the Old Testament that can be attributed to what Jesus is saying here.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Jesus states that all the signs marking the end of the world in Matthew 24 would be fulfilled before his generation ended. That generation ended 2000 years ago, and the world has not come to an end, neither has all those signs been fulfilled.

And the list goes on.........vague prophecies of fairly mundane occurrences is far from extraordinary evidence.

Originally posted by Deetermined
I don't expect you to accept it. Why? Because the Bible said people wouldn't.

Right, the authors (whoever they are)of the book featuring Unicorns, Gods and talking animals throw in a disclaimer stating that people wouldn't accept it as truth because even they knew it was all baloney. And this is somehow prophetic to you??

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Even if I were to give you those prophecies as fulfilled, what about the hundreds that were not?

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Here God tells Isaac that his descendents (Hebrews) will be as numerous as the stars. Considering the number of stars there are in the universe, that would have to be on the order of 1020 Jewish people.

Where do you get that number? How do you know what God meant by "multiply as the stars of heaven"? Isn't he just implying that they will multiply like the stars do? He's not giving a number.

www.gotquestions.org...

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with all the other names that were given to Jesus to be called. Immanuel just happens to mean "God to Us".

www.gotquestions.org...

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus.

Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.

This wasn't a non-fulfilled prophecy. This is a prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled, but is well on it's way to being fulfilled.

www.raptureready.com...

Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.

The river mentioned here is the Nile. The Nile is still one of Egypt's greatest natural resource.

Another prophecy to be fulfilled.

flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com...

I'll address your other statements as soon as I get the chance.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

There are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.

This only means that God won't allow the unbelievers/gentiles to rule over Jerusalem in the future.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.

This is another prophecy to be fulfilled during the 1,000 year reign of Christ from Jerusalem (the Millennium period) alongside the Jews. Here are some things that are said to happen during that period.

Zechariah 14:16-18

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17) And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18) And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

More information on the Millennium can also be found in Revelation 20.

Amos 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

This prophecy will also be fulfilled during the Millennium period.

Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

The people of Nineveh ended up repenting for their sins, so he did not destroy them. That's why the verse says "God repented of the evil". That's why God sent Jonah there. To talk them into repenting. Had they not repented, he would have destroyed them.

Zechariah 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

Christians say that this prophecy is was fulfilled when Judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. Matthew 27:9 recites this verse, but incorrectly credits Jeremiah with the prophecy.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Jeremiah was a prophet. He did prophecy that Israel and the Jews had/would forsake God, and they did. Matthew 27:9 is only confirming what Jeremiah had preached. This verse is only remembering what Jeremiah had preached about beforehand.

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is such a prophecy found, so how could such a one be fulfilled?

Your argument is that it never says Jesus lived in Nazareth in the Old Testament? Or is it the "Nazarene" that you're referring to? The fact that the verse says, "He shall be called a Nazarene", is only language for "He'll grow up in Nazareth". I think we've already discussed how they used the language back then. This in no way implies that Jesus would be called "Nazarene" by name. Referring to Luke 2:39-40 will confirm that Jesus grew up in Nazareth.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Jesus states that all the signs marking the end of the world in Matthew 24 would be fulfilled before his generation ended.

That generation ended 2000 years ago, and the world has not come to an end, neither has all those signs been fulfilled.

It's easier to understand the wording of the Bible when you read it regularly.

Matthew 24 clearly states that the "generation" that witnesses "wars and rumors of wars", "famines", "earthquakes in various places", Israel "will be hated by all the nations", and when they start speeding up like birth pains, that's the generation that's going to witness his second coming.

I think our generation is the one witnessing all of these things speeding up and increasing like birth pains. Hard to deny how much we're increasing seeing of all of those things.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to [url= by Deetermined[/url]

Lol right

I think you have a very strange idea as to what constitutes a 'prophecy'

"This is a prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled"

followers still waiting over 2000 years later lol

Your interpretations are..............for want of a different word, desperate

You might enjoy this

or maybe you already have...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What's desperate is relying on fellow man to come up with all of the answers when they are obviously so imperfect and corrupt. I'm sure in your mind, the world is headed in the right direction, the economy is getting better, and someday corruption and crime will be obsolete based solely on man correcting itself. Hey wait, another prophecy fulfilled by the Bible that IT WON'T HAPPEN and we've waited thousands of years to allow man to do just that!! .

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Agree with many here that say NO WHERE in that video did I see someone debunk evolution. I did see someone talk about the development of the human embryo but didn't hear a god damned thing about evolution, just how complex development is. ADMINS DO YOUR JOB AND CHANGE THE MISLEADING THREAD TITLE, complete bullocks.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

What's desperate is relying on fellow man to come up with all of the answers when they are obviously so imperfect and corrupt. I'm sure in your mind, the world is headed in the right direction, the economy is getting better, and someday corruption and crime will be obsolete based solely on man correcting itself. Hey wait, another prophecy fulfilled by the Bible that IT WON'T HAPPEN and we've waited thousands of years to allow man to do just that!! .

Yeah, relying on reality and repeatable testable information is a terrible idea....

Man is imperfect, but then nothing is perfect

Corrupt though? well certainly in a lot of cases (see thread) but not generally.

I have no idea if the world is headed in the right direction and tbh I wouldn't know what the right direction would be. But thanks to history I do know that we are in the most peaceful period of history, and less people are dying from hunger, childbirth, wars and diseases.............ever (science works).

Wait the bible stated that corruption and crime will never become 'obsolete'?

ZOMG ITS TRU!
edit on 26-3-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Possibly you missed the accompanying thought toward the video. The OP is more than just the video posted. The video is supporting evidence for the premise.

Is it even possible to deny a Creator based on our current understanding of information entropy, collapsing wave function and genetics? Obviously, consciousness is at the heart of all we know. Consciousness preexists matter in a form to purpose. The acorn is the enfolded oak tree of information to form. This is engineering and design. When you realize this, see your own information as either saved or lost by the blueprint we are given as a gift. The information to translate your essence beyond the material is available.

Is it possible you have something to add other than incredulity? The question posed above is mean to be answered with intelligence based on theory. The two theories I list deny evolution as a cause and reduce it to a result. As stated in the many posts between there and here, the subject expands. If it were possible to show any connection to matter originating consciousness, the evolutionists would still need to define the origin and evolution of natural laws being set to settings specific for life. The laws themselves point to a Creator on a secondary level that, again, reduces evolution to a possible result, but not a cause.

The premise of evolution is a lie on many levels. Current theory and observation deny it being anything other than a result of programming and the adaptation of consciousness in various planes of existence.

If you want to discuss what I have restated from this thread, provide context by theory as I have done.

edit on 26-3-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The premise of evolution is a lie on many levels. Current theory and observation deny it being anything other than a result of programming and the adaptation of consciousness in various planes of existence.

That's the exact problem, and I've tried to explain it to you more than once in this very thread. Evolution is NOT a lie on ANY level. Evolution is the CAUSE for diversity of life on earth. Just because it MIGHT BE caused by something else, does not mean it's not a cause. It might not be THE cause, but it's a cause in the chain of events, nonetheless.

It's all interesting stuff to think about, but evolution has absolutely nothing to do with this thread and you should take that part out if you want to keep any credibility, and not have to worry about us science guys coming in here. There is no lie of evolution and its discouraging that people constantly claim such, in order to promote pseudo science and creationism / ID. You understand what a lie is, correct? Even if it turns out this hypothesis is correct, that doesn't mean it was a lie. It just wasn't the whole story. A lie would imply that evolutionary biologists blatantly made something up about the evidence or experiments and deceptively included it in the research.
edit on 26-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

That's the exact problem, and I've tried to explain it to you more than once in this very thread. Evolution is NOT a lie on ANY level. Evolution is the CAUSE for diversity of life on earth. Just because it MIGHT BE caused by something else, does not mean it's not a cause. It might not be THE cause, but it's a cause in the chain of events, nonetheless.

Here's the lie in this video. It says that the origin is matter to consciousness. I says consciousness changes the states of matter for life. Matter has little to do with it.

In the video below, Dawkins says the obvious, but he only mentions a few of the reasons we are geared for life. He stops with our planet, but the truth is, the entire universe is geared so that life can take place. It is inexcusable to say that this is all random, especially in the face of the fine tuned laws that can be observed as necessary for life. None of them can be tweaked. They are all necessary and tuned.

The lie of evolution is to say it is a cause and can be the ONLY cause. This is a lie. There are many conclusions a person can draw that negate evolution entirely. The MOST probable is design. The Bible then demolishes the possibility of any other cause. Is there evidence for evolution as a necessity of programming? Yes.

We then further demolish it by observing geometry in the states of matter that are a factor of intelligence. The photo-refractive nature of matter allows for our memories to exist. This structure at the connecting point of the neuron allows energy flow across the gap of the receptor. Energy flow takes specific geometry to allow information to be transmitted. There are five geometric shapes in nature that determine energy flow and the ability of information to flow from state to state.

The Tetrahedron
The Cube
The Octahedron
The Polyhedron, and
The Dodecahedron

Crystals can only materialize into these five forms. The photo-refractive effect in crystals can store and transmit information and energy. Apart from this geometry, we have no life. Where does this come from if not design? There are many more examples. Evolution is the least likely cause. It is disingenuous to say otherwise and deny the obvious design we see in these systems.

edit on 26-3-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

reply to post by SplitInfinity

So, what changed in order to give humans a critical thinking brain and emotions?

Did you not read a single thing I said? The brain size evolved slowly. Look at the skulls in the link I posted. You can verify it with scientific studies on the cranial capacity. Those things didn't suddenly happen. They developed slowly as brain size and intelligence increased.

You should also know that plenty of animals also experience emotions.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

Thank You for replying for me! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Look...the way I see it....and whe way that there is actual tangible PROOF....proof of such a magnitude that anyone here can spend about $75 to buy a simple Microscope...$15...to buy a book about Biology and how to prepare a Glass Slide or other organism holding tool but for $75...it is probably going to be a couple of Glass Slides....read in the book how to grow some simple bacteria and how to use what is known as a CONTROL GROUP as to have proof that something...perhaps Human Error in Preparation of the slides....read the book as to what type of toxin a particular organism will die from....introduce the toxin....under strict guidelines to prevent contamination such as the use of rubber gloves a Air Contamination mask...just like in the Movies...they are cheap...5 for $1....and maybe in a part of a clean room...if you would like you could even tape up a plastic sheet door.

Follow the Biology books instructions...create slides with your chosen Organism...single cell would be best....introduce the toxin at the level that should just about kill all the organisms....and watch as a few will not die. Of course if you over do it with the toxin they will all die...but use the proper amout that should do the job.

There will be a few survivors....read the biology book on how to seperate these to a new set of slides and add food...the book will tell you what to use as food...watch as they multiply....then perform the process of introducing the same toxin again in the same amount as they multiply to about the same quantity as you used the first time. THIS TIME....MUCH MORE WILL REMAIN ALIVE! Continue this experiment again one or two times and you will see EVOLUTION HAPPENING BEFORE YOUR EYES.

Survival of the STRONGEST AND FITTEST and as ones that did not die reproduce...they pass on the Genetics to the new and so on and so on...until...eventually....NONE WILL DIE from that toxin. There are more complex experiments to let you visually see EVOLUTION OCCUR by introducing enviromental changes and changes in food supply and introduction of other organisms that will change a SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM INTO A MULTI-CELLULAR ORGANISM...this takes some time. But the first example I posted...if you are all set up....can be done in about a HALF AN HOUR....so for about $90 to $100 you can see the PROOF with your own eyes! I would call that a BARGAIN! Especially to wake up a sleeping mind. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Or people could walk into any pharmacy and buy one of the meds that WOULDN'T EXIST if the theory of evolution were wrong

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Posting for a map back to this thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Here's the lie in this video. It says that the origin is matter to consciousness. I says consciousness changes the states of matter for life. Matter has little to do with it.

And what part of that has anything to do with evolution?

In the video below, Dawkins says the obvious, but he only mentions a few of the reasons we are geared for life. He stops with our planet, but the truth is, the entire universe is geared so that life can take place. It is inexcusable to say that this is all random, especially in the face of the fine tuned laws that can be observed as necessary for life. None of them can be tweaked. They are all necessary and tuned.

I respect your opinion, but how can you say that the universe is geared for life, when life is so rare? I'd think that anything geared for life would be abundant with it. You could say the earth is geared for life, but the universe is pushing it. Wouldn't that be a HUGE waste of resources to design billions of galaxies with billions of stars, when life only exists on one planet? That fact alone shows that indeed it could very well be random, but that depends on what you mean by random. Everything to ever happen in the history of the universe could be considered random. That is such a bad word to use when dealing with specific causes and effects.

There is nothing "fine tuned" about any laws. They are measurements and that's it. The ability to measure does not provide any evidence to suggest it was designed, tweaked or fine tuned at any time. We can measure gravity, but gravity isn't "finely tuned". It's directly relative to mass, and we understand how it works. The causes of certain things in the universe might be unknown, but that doesn't mean it was designed. The laws of physics could be different and life still could exist, but would be a very different type of life. But again you are venturing into unknown hypotheticals, not "evidence of design". If we're patient, scientists may learn the cause of many of the laws, or it just might be the way it is.

The lie of evolution is to say it is a cause and can be the ONLY cause. This is a lie. There are many conclusions a person can draw that negate evolution entirely. The MOST probable is design. The Bible then demolishes the possibility of any other cause. Is there evidence for evolution as a necessity of programming? Yes.

Design does not negate evolution. Evolution still happens regardless. If it was a tool, then it was a tool, but it still happened and still caused the diversity of life. You should be specific. Are you talking about genetic mutations themselves? Radiation that causes that? Other factors?

You understand that a lie requires somebody to be intentionally dishonest, right? Even if your hypothesis is true, it still doesn't prove there is a mysterious lie of evolution, it just shows that we didn't have the whole picture. Evolution as a science is solid. You can't prove that anything external is manipulating us on the quantum level. We ARE the universe, hence we have connections to everything on that level.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I respect your opinion, but how can you say that the universe is geared for life, when life is so rare? I'd think that anything geared for life would be abundant with it. You could say the earth is geared for life, but the universe is pushing it. Wouldn't that be a HUGE waste of resources to design billions of galaxies with billions of stars, when life only exists on one planet? That fact alone shows that indeed it could very well be random, but that depends on what you mean by random. Everything to ever happen in the history of the universe could be considered random. That is such a bad word to use when dealing with specific causes and effects.

The Bible reveals that the heavens are our inheritance.

Deuteronomy 19

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the LORD took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Egypt is the Earth.

Ephesians 3 then reveals that there are families and principalities and powers in heaven. What God does here with mankind gives testimony to them.

I assume that what we see here in this world is a pattern in all the worlds. The sun and moon come together in union for life on earth. The man and woman do the same. The sperm and egg, left and right, eyes, nose, ears, feet and hands do the same. When a baby is born, it exits a womb. When our soul and God's spirit gain union, we exit the womb of Earth. The entire experience is an example of the greater whole. As above, so below. God can only give. The law is geared so that anything that takes is judged by the way the law governs the collapse of wave function. It is determined, yet the paradox is the fact that we can also determine the indeterminate wave as well. We have a hand in creation. Free will demands the possibility that evil will exist.

What does this have to do with what you are saying? Seeing the larger picture answers the questions without the need for answers. Perspective can negate then questions.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Fine tuning is precisely what is observed.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Strong and weak nuclear force described by Hermes:

The Emerald Tablet

1) I speak truly, not falsely, certainly and most truly
2) These things below with those above and those with these join forces again so that they produce a single thing the most wonderful of all.
3)And as the whole universe was brought forth from one by the word of one GOD, so also all things are regenerated perpetually from this one according to the disposition of Nature.
4) It has the Sun for father and the Moon for mother:
5) it is carried by the air as if in a womb, it is nursed by the earth.
6) It is the cause, this, of all perfection of all things throughout the universe.
6a) This will attain the highest perfection of powers
7) if it shall be reduced into earth
7a) Distribute here the earth and there the fire, thin out the density of this the suavest (suavissima) thing of all.
8)Ascend with the greatest sagacity of genius from the earth into the sky, and thence descend again to the earth, and recognise that the forces of things above and of things below are one,
9) so as to posses the glory of the whole world- and beyond this man of abject fate may have nothing further.
10)This thing itself presently comes forth stronger by reasons of this fortitude: it subdues all bodies surely, whether tenuous or solid, by penetrating them.
11a) And so everything whatsoever that the world contains was created.
12) Hence admirable works are accomplished which are instituted (carried out- instituuntur) according to the same mode.
13) To me therefor the name of Hermes Trismegistus has been awarded because I am discovered as the Teacher of the three parts of the wisdom of the world.
14) These then are the considerations which I have concluded ought to be written down concerning the readiest operations of the Chymic art.
[Davis 1926: 875 slightly modified.]

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
What does this have to do with what you are saying? Seeing the larger picture answers the questions without the need for answers. Perspective can negate then questions.

I'm glad you asked that question before I did. The bible is not the "larger" picture. That is your guess of what it may be. That doesn't answer my questions at all.

Fine tuning is precisely what is observed.

That video is a red herring in what we are discussing. I'm well aware of how the universal forces support our form of life as we know it and how adjustments would be catastrophic. The problem is you are confusing the cause and the effect. Life evolved from this universe and became finely tuned TO the universal forces. If it didn't it would have never evolved in the first place. No evidence suggests the universal forces were adjusted to support life. And again, we're talking our known form of life. There could be others, and its possible that if the forces were indeed a little different, life would have still evolved, it just would be very different. It also could most likely not survive in our universe. Our ability to measure forces does NOT mean they were designed, it's merely a measurement of the way things are. If we don't know the cause of the forces, we can't just take wild guess about them, well at least not in regards to science.

If the sole purpose of the universe was for life, designed by an all powerful creator, then why is life so rare in the universe? Why would supernovas be necessary for life to evolve? Why the constant extinction level events? If the universe was created, it was certainly not by an all powerful being. I'd expect to see a planet with life at every star in a designed universe, unless the designer(s) were indeed limited in their power, and used a very inefficient and time consuming process. This still has nothing at all to do with evolution. Believe me, I'm agnostic to the possibility of creation, but as far as science goes, there's nothing that suggests it. Only people's opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join