It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man made heat and it's effect on weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this for a long time, but really didn't know where to start.

The last couple of weeks i have searched up and down for studys in these, but have found very little.
There is studys, but they cover only small amounts of what i am thinking about, and they are pretty old.

Manmade heat may at first seem small compared to the sun or volcanic activity and such, but i think it has a much bigger impact , and could ad a lot more to global warming than we think.

A little list of manmade heat i would like to disscus. Some of them a pretty small, but i think they should be added to the overall picture. Later i will ad some links with studys off some of these.

Combustion engines: Train, cars, planes,ships, generators and like.
Steam : Factory, powerplants, cooling towers, exhoust and like.
Friction : Tires aginst road, could be anything really and counts in small amounts.
Housing : Radiators, Water pipes, steam pipes, bad insulation and like.
Electricity : Powerlines, wires, light sources, electrical motors and like.
Others : Urbanization and roads reflecting and trapping heat from the sun, burning of materials, deforestation, fields, agroculture and like.

These are some of the things producing, reflect or trapping heat.
There are propably more, but i think you get the picture.

Against these are volcanic activity, lightning, forest fire and such, but these are very locally, so no need to mention as they have been taking in to my own concidaration.

A lot of the above are going on constantly all over the world, and producing a lot of heat.
Are they affecting in such amount as to alter the natural weather pattern and adding to global warming.

In my opinion they are.
In city areas in great amounts from heating of houses to underground pipes and powerr lines, freeways, you name it.
All that heat is created all over the world to maintain and make society running, and is growing day by day as more countrys are getting more civilized and expand.

In my opinion that is obviusly affecting the weather in such ways, that the naturally weather is changing and producing more severe weather pattern.

I found some studys i would like you to read, but not much.
I am very interested in this and maybe some of you have or could find some more about this subject, and would like to hear your opinion on this.

The Effect of Localized Man-Made Heat and Moisture Sources in Mesoscale Weather Modification
www.nap.edu...

Ex text is only there to get you interested in reading this dokument.

Human interference had altered the surface of the earth long before the present era (Thomas, 1956). The first major change started about 7000 years ago when man developed agriculture. This led to systematic changing of forested areas to fields and pastures.

Agriculture and lumbering have undoubtedly led to mesoscale climatic changes, but these are poorly documented, although one can make some approximate guesses at their magnitude. In many instances secondary changes have been more far-reaching. After the clearing, wind and water erosion have washed or blown the top soil away. Bare rock has become exposed, and now far more extreme temperatures and lower humidities prevail where once the even-tempered mesoclimate of the forest dominated. Stretches of Anatolia, the Spanish plateau, and some slopes of the Italian Apennines are silent witnesses to this development.

But by far the most alarming development has been the substitution of rocklike, well-compacted, impermeable surfaces for vegetated soil, a development that is the natural consequence of urbanization. Square kilometer after square kilometer has yielded to the bulldozer and has been converted to buildings, highways, and parking lots. Reservoirs and irrigation also have become important.

As i said i found it hard to find anything on the subject, as most of the stuff comming up on a search is about CO2.
CO2 is IMO only an excuse for the goverments to tax you, and not a solution to the problem at all, a pretty lame attempt, if i may say so, but still is part of the bigger picture

Here are some more links i found, they are not talking about the subject, but do ad some interesting reading.

www.timelinetothefuture.com...
www.drgeorgepc.com...
www.masterresource.org...-7271

Hope to see you in here

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Do you realize that in your link is the same graph that I am using it to prove that EQ's are increasing ?

S & F for you

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

Yes i did notice that, funny little coincidence

I don't think we should worry about earthquakes and volcanic eruption, or invasion from space, thats what i want people to see with this thread.
I think we are in to something much worse, and it's moving fast, and i also think there is a little conspiracy hidden in all this.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I read Somewhere that a volcanoes are blamed for a global cooling

Oh here it is: Volcanoes

The scientists examined satellite measurements of sulfuric acid droplets called aerosols in the upper atmosphere, most of which come from volcanic eruptions. The particles can reflect sunlight back into space, the researchers said, perhaps reducing the warming effects climate scientists say are driven mainly by release of heat-trapping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere by humans. The study, led by Susan Solomon, an atmospheric scientist who recently retired from NOAA, showed that such particles have been gradually increasing over the past decade. That was enough to cool the Earth's atmosphere by 0.1 watts per meter squared between 2000 and 2010. But while it might have blunted the effects of global warming, it would not be enough to overcome the trend; carbon dioxide emissions warmed the planet during the same period by 0.3 watts per meter squared.

edit on 20-3-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

You are absolutly right about that, and i think you might have answered because i mentioned volcanic activity.

But that mention was the heat produced in lava flows and the emited CO2, would be greater than manmade heat, why i also said it would be very local.

It is well known that a new iceage could be triggered by a massiv volcanic eruption, and that volcanic ash and smoke cools the planet.
I would really like not to talk about volcanic and earthquake, it was to avoid that, that i mentioned it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Maybe you will be interested in this article :

Atmospheric Effects on Planetary Surface Temperatures

new topics

top topics

join