It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two High Profile Female Iraqi Prisoners Won't Be Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi and US officials have quickly put a stop to the reported release of two female scientists that were part of the heart of Saddam Hussein biological warfare programs. The Iraqi Prime Minister has indicated that the release of the women had nothing to do with the taking of the 2 American and 1 British hostage. Indicating that they do not negotiate with hostages was in contrast too the Iraqi Justice Ministry�s statement that one was to be release.

news.yahoo.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraq's leader and U.S. officials moved quickly Wednesday to squelch the idea a top female germ-warfare scientist for Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) would be freed soon, after a senior Iraqi official said the decision had been made to release her. Iraqi militants who beheaded two Americans have threatened to kill a Briton unless female detainees are let go.

After the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad said there would be no immediate release of either of the two women in U.S. custody, Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi said there were no immediate plans to free the detainees. Allawi's statement disputed an earlier statement by his Justice Department that a decision was made to release one of them.

Allawi told The Associated Press that his government has begun reviewing the status of its detainees, including the two female scientists known as "Dr. Germ" and "Mrs. Anthrax" for their involvement in Saddam Hussein's biological weapons programs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This latest development comes on the heels of a second video showing a US hostage being decapitated. The body has been recovered and the fate of the British hostage remains a question. Militants belonging to wanted terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi are believed to be responsible. They have demanded that all Iraqi female's be released from two jails.

The two women Rihab Rashid Taha, also known as Dr. Germ, and Huda Salih Mahdi Ammash, also known as Dr. Anthrax, have been in custody and remain high profile detainees. The Iraqi government has requested that Ammash be released citing humanitarian reasons, but her release would require the review of the Pentagon

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
TOP STORY: Dr 'Germ' Release

[edit on 22-9-2004 by FredT]

[edit on 22-9-2004 by FredT]

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The more important issue here is why they would even consider "Dr. Germ" former director of bacterial and biological program for Saddam Hussein. Given that Hussein is accused of using such weapons, it stands to reason that unless he received those weapons from elsewhere, she is party to the fact.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
News just in from AFP:

Website shows Bigley making a plea to Tony Blair to save him,
the terroists are threatning to kill him

Bigley is said to be begging for his life.

This is SICK! i cannot believe the mind games these men are playing,

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This makes me feel so sad personally, i feel for his family and friends and himself at this moment in time

There is nothing anyone can do, everything the terrorists say now is just to inflict more pain and worry on all those concerned.

I dont think there is any hope now.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Perhaps its time that US/Allied Forces stop playing 'by the rules' here...as their opponents appear well schooled on the one true rule of War: That there are no rules.

Perhaps rounding up female prisoners, sawing off THEIR heads and posting the footage as hi-res mpegs on the net might be something seriously worth considering.

Of course..."If we do that, we are no better than them" will be a valid response...however, will the warm comfort of being 'better than them' erase the memories of each execution? Sometimes the moral 'highground' merely places you up into a more easily sniped position...sometimes in order to clean out the effluent you have to get down in the gutter...

[edit on 22-9-2004 by alien]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Agree with you alien!

Although that would make us as low as them, we should get all out troops and innocent civilians out of Iraq and just nuke the whole flippin place!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
...sorry markjaxson, I editted my post just as you were replying

Withdrawing all troops to create a locked in perimetre around the area and then unleashing the force of a thousand suns actually sounds worthy of consideration too.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by alien]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is what I heard on sky news number 1/. then on radio 5 live yesterday morning around 3-4 am so you hve some idea what was said.

Just been on sky news that the Iraqi Prime minister said that the he is considering the possibility of releasing one of the women and also considering to relapse the second other as well.

2./
now its said the Iraqi justice minister will announce the imminant release of one of the women captive and to be shortly follwed by the outher in a reported face saveing operation

3/.
More info there is still speculation about the imminent release of weapons scientist "doctor germ" there�s been no reaction fro the American state dept as reported on our news (radio 5 live) there's no news of any actual firm offer on the table and if there was it fly�s in the face of the no deals stance by the British and American governments. But it is stated that control is in the hands of the Iraqi interim authority, which coincides with the previous news that the Iraqi Prime Minister is trying to broker a deal.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Dont worry Alien i read your edit stright after i posted, and im sure we all would like to personally cut off their heads if we had the chance.

I dont get how they are keeping him alive still?

Do the terrorists know that there is a little chance for them to release the women or something,so they are keeping Ken alive?

Are there negotiations going on that we dont know about?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Agree with you alien!

Although that would make us as low as them, we should get all out troops and innocent civilians out of Iraq and just nuke the whole flippin place!

I have to wonder who the people without respect for human lives are.
The deaths of a few is unacceptable if they got their hands dirty while doing it. It is acceptable though, to kill tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands by dropping bombs.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by markjaxson
Agree with you alien!

I have to wonder who the people without respect for human lives are.
The deaths of a few is unacceptable if they got their hands dirty while doing it. It is acceptable though, to kill tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands by dropping bombs.

Personally i dont put these terrorists in the same category as humans,so as these people are not human they deserve all they get to be honest.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Perhaps a better point could have been made if they had been released in two pieces each and delivered in garbage bags. Naw, it might hurt someone's feelings.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I tend to stay out of these discussions...though do follow them closely.

Previously I have been outspoken here on ATS about my own opinion about this War...and while I may not totally agree with the US/Allied involvement in Iraq, I do feel those Forces have at times been VERY restrained in order to not evoke worldwide condemnation or upset the very people whom seem to be propogating many of these events.

Take for instance an enemy that sets up firing positions in a sacred site...leaving the US/Allied Forces to merely sit in a confining circle around it and provide ready target practice for mortars/artillery. This WAS resolved eventually...but it highlights *in my eyes* the belief that sticking with rules of engagement doesn't do you any favours when your opponents use those to their advantage.

Here in NZ, back in the late 1800s, there were numerous ongoing Land Wars...during which one reknown Maori *NZ Native inhabitant* 'Rebel' executed a member of the Clergy who was aiding the British Colonials in their attacks upon Maori positions...the question was put to this Rebel: "How can you kill a Priest??" the translated response was "When a Priest picks up a rifle, he ceases to be a Holy Man".

Guess its just as easy to trumpet for War/Death as it is to denounce it...when its not us personally getting our heads sawn off, or seeing our family members executions on the net...or actually having to risk more than elevated stress levels as we watch this all unfold before our eyes...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
BostonHerald.com is reporting that "Dr. Germ" will be released on Bail.

Boston Herald

raqi authorities together with U.S. forces have decided to free one of only two high-profile women prisoners currently in American custody, a Justice Ministry spokesman said Wednesday. The U.S. military said it was not aware of such a decision.
Ministry spokesman Noori Abdul-Rahim Ibrahim denied the decision was linked to a demand by militants who abducted two Americans and a Briton calling for the release of all female Iraqi prisoners.
``The Iraqi authorities have agreed with coalition forces to conditionally release Rihab Rashid Taha on bail,'' Ibrahim said. ``The decision ... has nothing to do with the threat made by the kidnappers.''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Im trying to verify this story.....

[edit on 22-9-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'll say it again....

If NOT being released as a result of the demands (which would of course be pointless...), then they NEED to state WHY she is being released, in order to silence such connections. When it comes to bad timing, this has got to make it into the Guiness book.....

I agree with another poster...release them, one piece at a time...fight fire with fire.....

Better yet, release them after infecting them with a hideous disease....oops! Did I give something away?

[edit on 24-9-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join