It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need websites dealing with "The Truth"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
By the truth I mean what is the purpose of life, what happens after we die, why is there something rather than nothing, etc.

Any website that deals with "The Truth" and or religion, philosophy, atheism, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, secret knowledge, the supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes there are...but the truth is subjective.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

No website can offer you " the truth "
It will not be found on the internet, wanna know the meaning of life? The answer to that
is most simple...

Ask yourself, what do I live for? And then bam! Your answer is!

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Yes there are...but the truth is subjective.

Sometimes it can be interesting to look into people's personal beliefs/opinions..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

By the truth I mean what is the purpose of life, what happens after we die, why is there something rather than nothing, etc.

No one can tell you what happens after you die. Your body decays and breaks down and is recycled into the environment. But, I suspect, you are talking about your "consciousness" Well, you will never get an answer to that because it's a 1 way trip friend.

Now, why is there something rather than nothing?

Quantum physics and string theory can handle that.

Because in the multiverse every possible combination is out there, we inhabit this universe because the laws of physics are situated as such as to allow us to survive here. There are countless other "universes" or "realities" out there.

so your question of why is there something rather than nothing, isn't even valid. There is both, something and nothing, we're just inside the bubble that has something.

Anyways, you won't find much "truth" on these subjects.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Ah...So you are looking for other peoples beliefs not sites to create or justify your own?

I tumble down rabbit holes daily along this path.

edit on 20-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Exactly. I want to look at things from all the angles, not just my own. If I never challenge my own beliefs, I will always remain in my own little box.

Perhaps not create, but maybe take a thing or two from them..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I could post some if you like but typically you need to learn to follow your own white rabbit. But like you said that may not expose you to ideas outside your "box".

So lately I have been tumbling down synchromysticism and deep symbology. I have found this persons blog interesting and then just flow with the links within (just like web surf of long ago...I miss that...)

secretsun.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
OMG I so totally forgot my motto...nosce te ipsum

Know yourself it is the Univeral Truth. This is the only Truth you will ever know is true, it is what and who you are, and this can always change or be modified but only by you (either consciously or unconsciously) and will help you detirmine what Truth is...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
urantia.org

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

If you are interested, here's where the "pre-tribulation rapture" Christians stand at the moment:

www.fivedoves.com...

Article title: "Where are we on the 2008 - 2015 Timeline? An INTERACTIVE UPDATE"

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Here you go...

reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Exactly. I want to look at things from all the angles, not just my own. If I never challenge my own beliefs, I will always remain in my own little box.

Perhaps not create, but maybe take a thing or two from them..

Wouldn't hurt to let others challenge your beliefs. If you find you can defend these beliefs with logic, keep em. If you go scrambling for answers that just aren't there, dump em. What good is a belief that can't be proven?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
OMG I so totally forgot my motto...nosce te ipsum

Know yourself it is the Univeral Truth. This is the only Truth you will ever know is true, it is what and who you are, and this can always change or be modified but only by you (either consciously or unconsciously) and will help you detirmine what Truth is...

That was some of the most helpful information I ever got from anyone "Know yourself".

Once you can do that, your truth comes out.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

It is the only truth I have found...and I have been searching for a long time.

We go through life half asleep, meaning we are aware of our surroundings, aware of what we do, who we interact with, where we are going. But many times we don't know our motivations of why, truly why we do what we do. Why we want to talk to that person, go to that place, eat that, or do those things. Most of the time these desires and wants are primal and basic and require no thought.

But just like when you are driving down the road and realize the last 10 minutes of that driving you were on auto pilot such is our lives. It is how we can be controlled by others or even without knowing our subconscious self which can be at odds to what we think we want.

Knowing ones self is the key to a real self awareness and control over our desires or an acceptance of them. And it allows us to then open up and really get to know others.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Fully agree!

2nd
3rd
4th line....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You have to do your own research, and pick at the evidence you think is true.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Finding "The Truth"? As others have already pointed out, the "Truth" is different for everybody. I think that you could find yours if you spent some time browsing through various websites which would give you a general idea of their beliefs about "things" and afterwards, when you have collected lots of such "general ideas", yours should come to the surface as a result. Which might be entirely different than what you read about during the process but that's the beautiful part of it: you would be able to add another piece to the Big Puzzle of Things

As for website recommendation: lately, I've found a newly made blog that talks about ideas which could be related to the so-called "string theory".

Also has got some Chaos in it.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

thats the one thing i try and pull from my day to day activities, to take something you do and just mentally step back and see why..
and its more than a why but what significance are my actions, the one thing that i found to open the "truth" to myself is just to do everything that is true to me and makes me happy.
take whats inside of you, if you are aspiring for truth as i think i am than that's the only real truth anyone can give you.

just like all these other great guys above have said, its with all of us, the answers are there, they dont have words, or what is taught as organized thought, its the feeling you get, that inner knowledge about things no one else can explain for you except yourself....

my main question i would give you is, "ARE YOU HAPPY??" i dont mean that as in are you safe or do you have money, but more like, does going to walmart and buying nikes from sweat shops make you happy, does that pain that people across this planet feel daily just so we can live our lifestyle make you happy, that right there pointed me in my own truth, it may not help you, but that principle helped me more than anything the internet can do..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join