It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. War Game Sees Perils of Israeli Strike Against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

WASHINGTON — A classified war simulation held this month to assess the repercussions of an Israeli attack on Iran forecasts that the strike would lead to a wider regional war, which could draw in the United States and leave hundreds of Americans dead, according to American officials.

Yet another wargame that predicts a dire scenario for the USA in the Persian Gulf should the USA and its bullying tactics come to fruition with an attack on Iran for the benefit of Israel. I know you folks saw my other thread about the US Navy in Hormuz, and those military planners are seriously reconsidering their tactics in the Iranain Strait.

The US warships are their and probably for the reason to draw the US into a conflict by proximity if the terrorist regime of Israel attacks Iran with no evidence for doing so. Is this not how hitler operated?

The results of the war game were particularly troubling to Gen. James N. Mattis, who commands all American forces in the Middle East, Persian Gulf and Southwest Asia,

Yes our US generals are scared, because the US NAVY WILL BE DESTROYED IN HORMUZ. Another validation of my previous thread.
edit on 083131p://3America/ChicagoTue, 20 Mar 2012 08:53:53 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I doubt it had to do with the actual battle in Hormuz as it does with Iran's capability to strike US interests in various locations of the world. Hormuz would not be an issue for the Navy, it would be the protection of US interests.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Right. By itself, Iran may not be insurmountable, but would require a ground war, and lots of lives. Guerilla warfare is very difficult to counter, as there is no visible difference between civilians and soldiers. It could be like Afghanistan, except bigger, less forgiving, and protected by very dangerous weapons from other powerful allies.

Iran is very much not alone, and we must not tangle with her allies. I'm Canadian, but have no illusions that our PM would keep his hands clean in this debacle. If Israel invades, it will be seen as the US invading. If US invades, Canada will support. Then we have a scenario that matches all of the other world wars.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Well first, it might be helpful to provide a source for the article. Here is one from the NYT, but there are many others carrying the story too:
www.nytimes.com...

The story points out that it is believed that Iran would "carefully manage escalation" in retaliatory strikes against Israel, and that they would also likely attack US forces in the region. But it makes no mention of Syria, or Russian potential for reaction to an Israeli attack. And this is where they are making a crucial mistake, imo. The Russians have warned against any kind of Israeli or American attack on Iran, calling the likely results "catastrophic." For what reasons exactly, remains to be seen.

But yeah, it is insanity. All war is.

And just to add this:
Russian Anti-Terror Troops Arrive in Syria
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Tue Mar 20th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I agree the US navy has never been in greater peril,(and i include Pearl Harbour here.....)
Hormuz would turn into a ship graveyard should TSHF.
The whole premise of big ships in little waters fighting off swarms of missiles and boats concurrently is shot through with some pretty big ifs.......
The way i see it, There is no way the allies plan for an in depth attack from the Iranians, they are working on incrementals which will lead up to their own first strike.
Or perhaps a false flag to start the ball......
If they dont have the right stuff and or it doesnt stop the onslaught of projectiles as promised,The Navy is in deep doo doo.
Their entire scenario is dependant upon their option to strike first....In which case they just might have enough tomahawks and bombs to render the Iranians hors de combat before they get off too much of their own anti ship missiles.....
The next worry, and the place where the US stands to loose the ships is the straits...they are compelled to keep these open if they can, and they are facing a long coastline that could conceal thousands of hardened missile and artillery bunkers....There are also islands in the Iranians possession that will act as their own unsinkable platforms from which to launch stealthy mine laying or other attacks......
The useless subs of iran may lie on the bottom of the gulf anywhere and surface for a shot at the carrierss as they pass over.....or launch anti ship missilesfrom under the sea......mabe even a version of the Russian skvaal rocket powered torpedo for which there s no known defence system.....
This is the second war game scenario that has turned out badly for our side.....oh well back to the drawing boards gentlemen..................war is inevitable.....general Pike says so......

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Won't it be ironic. GWB goes into Iraq with bad intel and no "supposed" WMD's (although we sold them to them) and we lose 1000's of lives for really nothing. Now Obama will use the containment strategy that could lead to a regional nuclear war that will lead to 1000's of lives lost. Damn how life spins it's web.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

WASHINGTON — A classified war simulation held this month to assess the repercussions of an Israeli attack on Iran forecasts that the strike would lead to a wider regional war, which could draw in the United States and leave hundreds of Americans dead, according to American officials.

Yet another wargame that predicts a dire scenario for the USA in the Persian Gulf should the USA and its bullying tactics come to fruition with an attack on Iran for the benefit of Israel. I know you folks saw my other thread about the US Navy in Hormuz, and those military planners are seriously reconsidering their tactics in the Iranain Strait.

The US warships are their and probably for the reason to draw the US into a conflict by proximity if the terrorist regime of Israel attacks Iran with no evidence for doing so. Is this not how hitler operated?

The results of the war game were particularly troubling to Gen. James N. Mattis, who commands all American forces in the Middle East, Persian Gulf and Southwest Asia,

Yes our US generals are scared, because the US NAVY WILL BE DESTROYED IN HORMUZ. Another validation of my previous thread.
edit on 083131p://3America/ChicagoTue, 20 Mar 2012 08:53:53 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

You are completely and totaly missing the point here. This is a release of a simulation of a Israeli attack on Iran using only their limited capabilities that would allow Iran to the strike back at a US warship causing hundrends of casualties before the US could then bring its military power to crush Irans air and naval forces. This is a message that if Iran must be dealt with that the US has to be the one to do it because instead of just a strike on the nuclear facities they could also take out Irans ability to strike back. This is just a justification on why the Israelis should not act alone and that it should be a US op. The US Navy will not be destroyed they are in fact staking out a claim on dealing with Iran and showing why nobody esle should do it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This shi.t will end up with a war ANYWAY.

Soooo...would it be a better timing to start it NOW (while Iran have no nukes and US is still powerful) or LATER?
I say now...becuse it is math : hundred deads now or hundred of thousand later.

It will be war NO MATTER WHAT : oil, rotchilds, israeli insanity, WHATEVER.

And if its going to be a war anyway...i bet will be when Israel and US STILL have the upper hand.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Hold on a minute. The quoted post you cited states:

which could draw in the United States and leave hundreds of Americans dead

Then you take this and stretch it to

How is hundreds dead equivalent to US NAVY WILL BE DESTROYED?
They aren't raiding the Strait with PT boats. Do you know how many personnel are on a carrier or a cruiser? Let alone a whole fleet?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Has anyone even questioned what a "classified" wargame report is doing out in the open and running all over the mainstream press? It's obviously a plant, and one designed to work the public like a puppet.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

It was probably at one point classified, then released...or it could be the work of mannings brother.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

And you think the US will just let them sit on those islands if war comes, one of there first moves would be to take those islands before the Iranians could do anything.

Honestly why do all you think that Irans military is anything to match to the US. Everything they have is from the 70's and 80's. They barely have an Airforce and Navy. You really underestimate the US military

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I can't imagine that any report based on gaming out a potential and hot scenario would be declassified at any point, especially now. They can't even declassify reports from the second world war. Again, I suspect a very coordinated and intentional leak in order to work a public agenda.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
THE_PROFESSIONAL, you need to reread the details again in the article because what you think and what the war game actually says are two totally different things.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think that simulation was released to make Iran think it could beat the Navy. It sure has alot of its people on youtube throwing that up all the time. So if thats the case it was a very successful plant. Hell even the iranians beleive it. Hang up though is that wargame was conducted 12 or so years ago and new systems and advancements have come online since then. I think this is to draw Iran into a conflict they will suddenly find too much for them to handle.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by moderateAmerican
Won't it be ironic. GWB goes into Iraq with bad intel and no "supposed" WMD's (although we sold them to them) and we lose 1000's of lives for really nothing. Now Obama will use the containment strategy that could lead to a regional nuclear war that will lead to 1000's of lives lost. Damn how life spins it's web.

And the irony is even deeper considering the facts:

- IAEA have not been able to prove that nuclear weapons exist in Iran
- Mossad says they don't believe Iran has nuclear weapons and that Iran scrapped the project in 2007
- CIA says they don't believe Iran has nuclear weapons and that Iran scrapped the project in 2007

In other words.... what are they trying to contain?

This is nothing but state destabilization and robbery. They want a regime change... and the reason for that is elitist gains.

HOW MUCH HAVE YOU AS PERSON GAINED OR HOW MUCH SAFER DO YOU FEEL AFTER THE LAST 2 DECADES' CONQUESTS?

How much have the elite gained?

We... the people of the world, are being #ed in the arse by undemocratically elected people. REVOLT NOW!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

And you think the US will just let them sit on those islands if war comes, one of there first moves would be to take those islands before the Iranians could do anything.

Honestly why do all you think that Irans military is anything to match to the US. Everything they have is from the 70's and 80's. They barely have an Airforce and Navy. You really underestimate the US military

Well... atleast we wont cry when the occupational forces of the American army gets killed in the 1000s. Ok, it's a bit sad, but you and yours had the chance to say no to the evil ways of your government and their Israel fixation... you didn't.

But the world will not accept that innocent Israeli and Iranian citizens get murdered because their leaders are caught up in the medieval ages.

Second... It makes me scared how proud the Americans still are of your army?! Who the # cares how good your army is? That is nothing be proud of.
You're proud of people murdering people? Effecient killers? Brainwashed jarheads? What has the world come?

It is such a pity to see such a large country being so addicted to its war machine like the US. If you didn't have that... you'd have NOTHING. You haven't accomplished anything. Everything you do is based on waging war and stealing resources from the rest of the world.

I bet you, that if war in the entire world was to end instantly and every country were allowed to manage their own resources, LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!, America would collapse within months.

Being good at waging war is not a quality! It's a mental deficit...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I don't buy this crap about Israel being a pit bull on a lead with the USA holding the lead!

The tail is wagging the dog and the zionist bankers run the world and i don't need a computer simulation to workout how things might go.

Attack Iran and risk a limmited biological attack on the US public (Useless eaters) and if you wana send nukes over then forget being nice and releace the realy deadly stuff en-mass

We can all play this MAD game and its wearing a bit thin with the USA doing the bidding of Israel and picking fights all over the place and trying to tell everyone else what they can and can not do.

The price of a allowing a corrupt government could well be your own lives and today we read that a mere £250,000 gets you the full attention of David Cameron should you require any proof.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This holy war is getting scary

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by caf1550

Well... atleast we wont cry when the occupational forces of the American army gets killed in the 1000s. Ok, it's a bit sad, but you and yours had the chance to say no to the evil ways of your government and their Israel fixation... you didn't.

But the world will not accept that innocent Israeli and Iranian citizens get murdered because their leaders are caught up in the medieval ages.

Second... It makes me scared how proud the Americans still are of your army?! Who the # cares how good your army is? That is nothing be proud of.
You're proud of people murdering people? Effecient killers? Brainwashed jarheads? What has the world come?

It is such a pity to see such a large country being so addicted to its war machine like the US. If you didn't have that... you'd have NOTHING. You haven't accomplished anything. Everything you do is based on waging war and stealing resources from the rest of the world.

I bet you, that if war in the entire world was to end instantly and every country were allowed to manage their own resources, LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!, America would collapse within months.

Being good at waging war is not a quality! It's a mental deficit...

America has alot of natural resources we could tap its laziness and greed which prvents it. We used to do it all ourselves a while there in the past. As for accomplishments. We went to the moon,invented the cotton gin,and electricity as a viable source of power. We invented many cures to diseases as well as automobiles that were worth a dam. We invented the first airplane as well. We invented the internet as well that you are badmouthing us on right now too.
We are not as proud of our army as we are of the individuals serving in it. As for Occupation of Iran its not in the plans because of the Guerilla actions if we do. All the US is going to do is called a Smash and grab. We are just going to roll in destroy infrastructure,schools,businesses,scientific instituions,Oh and take all tech we can grab in the medical research hospitals and university labs. Then after your country is a smoldering pile of rubble leave you to rebuild it yourselves while we laugh at how pitiful your military was and how Iraq lasted longer than your forces did. Now Dont get mad now Bro

top topics

join