It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of Americans Say They are Not Better Off Now Than 4 Years Ago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

He says he doesn't want to retire, nothing good on TV during the day and he doesn't read at all or go on the computer except for work.

During the weekend, he is pacing back and forth with energy - just can't sit still. I get dizzy watching the old buzzard whizzing around, he's out now taking the dog on a 3 mile hike right now, bless them both while I'm making dinner.

BTW: His heart surgeon said from exercising every day, watching his cholesterol and fat intake he had absolutely 100% clean arteries - his aorta valve had to be replaced because he had scarlet fever when he was 9-10.

He has been with his company for 38-39 years and while they have been good to him, he has saved them mega dollars because he is so smart.

(He's also still handsome!)

Defiantly my better half.

edit on 20-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

WeRpeons whose post is right belows yours is right.

edit on 20-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, considering that the Republicans crashed the economy on the eve of losing the 2008 election, and then did everything they could to block Obama's efforts at remedies, I'm not surprised that 80% are not better off. But, about 20% say they are better off, and I'll bet a substantial number of that 80% say that at least they are not worse off than when Dubya was pretending to be in control.

Considering how thoroughly everything was wrecked by January 19, 2009, it would take more than four years - even with a cooperative Republican Party - to get us back to the Clinton-style prosperity.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
(He's also still handsome!)

Defiantly my better half.

Bet I could kick his ass and take you from him. Plus, I'm probably like 7.632 times more handsome than he is.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
How many people took part in this poll that speaks for an entire country ?
You'd probably find that 80% of the US are against the war's they are fighting, but that doesnt change the fact they are still fighting them !
And you'd probaly also find a poll saying that the words like "change" and "yes we can" don't have much meaning anymore other than 'can we change laws to takeaway more of your freedoms...........yes we can' !

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm better off than I was 4 years ago.

Remember, people make choices that determine where their next station in life will be, etc.

Nothing something you can blame on a President.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You are correct Sword in saying this isn't particularly the fault of the sitting President, but in my long lifetime I can tell you that every President has been blamed for what happens on his watch, regardless of fact... so nothing new here...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You just must have a reason for that whole trip?

(Insert popcorn cat here!)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What the survey DOES NOT TELL US is how much of that 80% was ALREADY going through financial hardships due to YEARS if not DECADES of LIVING BEYOND THEIR MEANS?

GOT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

You just must have a reason for that whole trip?

(Insert popcorn cat here!)
I'm sorry?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so...the OP's answer is to vote in the very same people that got us here in the first place. jesus, even a 10 year old is not that stupid.

Where the hell did I say that? NO WHERE.
You talk about being stupid .... are you hallucinating or something?
I NEVER gave an 'answer' ... I only asked the question ... are you better off?

:shk:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well..........I'm doing about the same as I was four years ago....I do think the current administration has a better idea of how to make the economy appear as if it's getting better, but it's actually not. Our economic state is suffering from a decades old wound that only gets deeper with time and we're just putting band aids over it...i.e. federal expenditures. I'm still on the inevitable economic collapse bandwagon. Voting in a different politician/president is not going to change anything at all. That's just non-sense...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Oh boy! I'm a 20%er!

I'm much better off than I was 4 years ago!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Own your OWN and be your OWN has been the rout in life I have MADE for MYSELF and thus I am SELF-MADE.

I have always been a 5%er so I will always be good!

Born and raised in financial responsibility and well connected.

If you depend on others for your financial well-being via the worker-bee mentality then you have problems!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am one of the rare few that are better off today than I was 4 years ago. I read a post on here about being able for benefits but not weeling to take them. I wish our country had more of these people. Ive been very blessed over the past several years, and I am very thankful for that. I try and help people out on a regular basis any way I can, but too many people in the US are lazy. I love helping people it makes me feel great, but I hate the way the government uses my money to help people that don't want help. Most Americans on food stamps, money aide, and welfare don't want help they want to be taken care of. When the market collapses these will be the people you see rioting and hurting people, and they will blame everything on other people when really if they just looked in the mirror they would realize they are the problem with this country. It's sad Obama will be president again because we have too many people that are uneducated in this country and they don't realize they are hurting the people that care about life and family. They sit at home and have children that they are too uneducated and poor to raise while expecting the government to give them money. To those people listen up stop stealing from my family. We worked hard to get what we have. why do you have the same stuff as me? I have no problem feeding you, but I do have a problem paying your cell phones, cable, cars, fashion clothes, electronics, and entertainment. The people that reply to this message with anger or try to defend there selfs yes you are the problem, and your welcome I work very hard for us. To the rest of the people who receive benefits and use them correctly I wish you the best in your time of need and have no hard feelings towards you cause I realize people have things happen that are out of there control. To the problem people wake up before it's too late the rest of us can't always take care of you. You think it's hard now just wait till we can't take care of you any longer you will be in a lot of trouble.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by Hydroman
reply to post by ldyserenity

Ahhh, so you think Romney will make it all better??

He couldn't make it any worse.

yes... yes he could lol.

nothing against romeny in all actuality just don't be dumb with your statements. Any canidate regardless of political party could make things MUCH MUCH worse. And refusal to admit this is a sign of ignorance

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The 80% were the people that lost wealth. The 20% were the people that absorbed what the 80% lost.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am better off today than in 2008. I was better off in 2008 than 2000. I was even better off in 2000 than 1992. Then again, I work hard, do the right things, and I'm not greedy.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
The 80% were the people that lost wealth. The 20% were the people that absorbed what the 80% lost.
If that's the case, sorry about that guys. Just doing my job.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I'm better off than I was 4 years ago.

Way, way better...

I have a good job that pays more than the national average...sure, I should have a better job for my level of education, but it pays the bills.
I have my own apartment.
I have my wife.
I have a 3.5 month old, lovely, baby daughter.
I have a few thousand dollars in savings and very little debt...not to mention a great credit rating.

Not to brag.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join