It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bee Pollen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Considering weight loss, I have read some good things about bee pollen. There are so many different brands out there and I am unsure which one to go for. I have overheard people local to me talking about bee pollen and that it has helped them but I didn't want to but in on someone's conversation and they think I was being nosey. Has anyone on ATS tried this stuff and does it work? What is the best brand to get? If it doesn't work so well, is there any other over the counter weight loss supplements that do work? Thanks to all for your input!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I use bee pollen and local raw honey but I use it to counter seasonal allergies to pollen. I don't know about the weight loss benefits but it works wonders on getting rid of my allergies. I have to start taking it already this season...much earlier than normal. Usually in May or June.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm no expert but the advice I hear most is use as close to your locale as possible as not only does it help with your current goal, but if you have allergies it inoculates you from the various irritants in your area.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't have any experience with the potential medicinal uses of pollen, but you may want to keep in mind that the term "bee pollen" is a little confusing. Bees, along with other insects and animals, carry a plant's pollen from plant to plant, thus helping in the reproduction of those plants. You might want to research the potential properties of individual plant species. Bees carry all sorts of pollen, so to make a pill out of this would be like making a pill and marketing as "crushed flowers". It would be pretty generic and non-specific.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
hi there... my boyfriend has a small jar of bee pollen, and we only really take it as a supplement ... im not an expert or anything, but it makes a big difference in your day to day life.... usually we just have a small handful (maybe 2 tsps) and eat it raw...

i did find this website which seems pretty good, gives you the low down on bee pollen... and i think the more local it is the better

Bee Pollen is extremely valuable as an adaptogen by assisting in both weight gain or loss, as well as in the reduction of hypertension or increasing the overall metabolic functions. Bee Pollen both regulates and stimulates the metabolism in the human organism by supplying the missing factors (or catalysts) that other foods do not provide while neutralizing the catabolic effects of various toxins, environmental pollutants, synthetic drugs or food additives, thereby producing healthier cells, improved health and well-being and a longer life-span.

www.alternativescentral.com...

good luck with your goal

top topics

join