It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I have been experiencing lately.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hey guys! Hope all is well.

Recently, I seem to be picking up on a few things I never really seemed to notice before. Peoples feelings, when they are being truthful, when they are lying, when there happy/upset or angry/content, amongst other things.

A few silly examples would be knowing who's just text me without even really thinking it over or looking at my phone etc. I seem to somehow know what my friends are thinking, there's been so many times where I've suddenly come up with something out of the blue, and my pals say "Weird, I was just then thinking that", in fact, this happens more often than not. I seem to be able to suss peoples worries out and get to the bottom of them lately, or know if they are elaborating or telling lies which would be impossible for me to know until they are proven lies (which has happened a lot with a certain person I know, he happens to be going through tough times and has turned to alternate substances to somehow deal with it). Another really strange thing that happens more often than not, is when I get a phone call, it seems like I pick the telephone up a split second before the call comes though, and its in my hand buzzing. This usually happens when I'm thinking of someone in particular as well, for example I was looking through some photos the other day, and a picture stood out of this one person, and kinda struck me a little, I started to mull it over in my head for a bit (reminiscing 'nd that) and they called me a few minutes afterwards.

Some of the more prominent events are quite personal, and I'm not too comfortable discussing them online or even offline with most people, so you're going to have to excuse me

I'm not a very emotional person, I'm not very good at comforting people when they are in trouble, upset etc, I don't even try putting myself in their shoes and attempt to understand, I just listen to what they are saying and I somehow get them and know what's going on in their heads, which then makes it easier for me to communicate with them and add a level of normality and mutual feeling. To an extent, I seem to feel a slight amount of their emotion, but not enough to actually change my mannerisms. I find it hard to offer general support because what I say is usually what I know they want to do, if that makes sense, and sometimes its not the right thing to do as such.

I've been chatting away to a few people I know about these kinds of things, and it seems it happens everyone to an extent. Just that "knowing" feeling you get sometimes, it's just like I'm starting to feel it more and more, which is odd. All I really want to know is other peoples experiences like this, if they feel comfortable sharing them I'd like to hear more. I'd also like to know, if there is something there, how could I develop them into something more? I'd like to be able to do something positive with such a trait.

I'm not claiming to have any "special talents" or anything, I'm just interested as it's something that's just slowly become apparent to me, and naturally, being a curious person I'd love to learn more.

Thanks for reading!

edit on 20-3-2012 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
ha! welcome to my world! ive been like this since i was a kid.
its why i got into magick,and later religion and mysticism. i wanted to know what was going on.
knowing what was going to happen a few moments before it does.
'feeling' people,even strangers. knowing what people are going to say and finishing their sentances.
having a bad feeling about a friend,calling them and find out something bad happened.
sound familiar?
its been with me for so long ive learned to deal with it.
i know it can be a lot to take in,but you have to learn not to let it consume you!
that will drive you nuts. learn to keep your feelings seperate from others,because as you can feel them,you have the ability to send your feelings into them. its a fine line! its a gift and a curse at the same time.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I'm not finding it scary, or intimidating, I'm quite enjoying the intuition I've seemed to have obtained over the past year or so. I think, like anything there is some science to it all, perhaps that's what all that brain we have is for and what not. It hasn't yet become a problem I've had to deal with as such, in fact it's been quite an easy ride so far and I do hope it stays that way

Thanks for your input, if it starts becoming a little "louder" then I'll be sure to not let it run away with me!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

looks like you are becoming aware of humanities lost art of communication through thought.
It is allot more than a type of communication but for all intent and purpose, it is a form of communication to us at first. It becomes something else once you explore it.

don't be ashamed of it. It's not like you will have your neighbors hunt you down for witchcraft.
It is healthy and shows you are doing something right.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I'd like to point out I have no way of controlling it, in the bigger scale of things I suppose what I am experiencing is quite mild, but I would like to explore it in more detail, any pointers/sources you could sort me out with?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's a gift, really.

And you get used to it eventually. I mean, I've had it for as long as I can remember. Or at least, I've experienced similar phenomena.

- When my phone buzzes, I almost always know who it is... even if it's someone I haven't spoken to in a while.

- When I speak with someone, I usually know what their true intention is. I don't really think that's anything special though. I mean, I can tell when someone is a bad person - no matter how nice they appear to be. But I'm sure most people can sense that. It's happened a few times, where I meet someone and get a very bad vibe off of them. Months go by, they don't do anything suspicious, and then suddenly their true nature comes out and my initial bad vibe is confirmed. As a child I would usually dismiss the bad vibe and assume I was being judgmental, but time and time again it was shown to be accurate, so now I just listen to it and avoid those people I get a bad feeling from.

- I know when alarms are going to go off, and I have an extremely accurate sense of time. It's gotten to the point that when I make food, I don't need to start a timer... since I just know when the right amount of time has passed. But, like the above, it's possible that's a common thing with people.

- I also tend to have predictive dreams. But I attribute this to my extremely vivid imagination and almost photographic memory. But when I dream, I dream about every day life... so it shouldn't be a surprise that my dreams tend to come true. If I tended to have dreams about dinosaurs or something and they ended up coming true, then I'd think the predictive dreams are more special. Haha.

So yeah, I believe that a lot of my "supernatural" qualities can be rationally explained. And I believe that more people have them than not. I'm sure you'll get used to your new abilities and you'll realize they are more common than you think.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

Haha I totally understand the point you made when you meet someone, and months later they prove your little feeling about them. I get that all the time, though most people are oblivious and say "yeah he/she's alright" until they do something that completely shatters their perception of the person. I always think, how the hell are you surprised!?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

well I made a thread today as a matter a fact in which we talked a little bit about starting out. take a look.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit:
I knew there was a reason why I kept thinking to make that thread all morning. Nice.

I am at work and it was a little crazy trying to make that thread and still do my job well. I am glad something told me to persevere.
edit on 20-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm in the middle of one of those moments myself. I actually logged on to find this thread in a sense.
Yesterday with the nice weather I decided I would take my motorcycle out today and wanted to call and old friend to see if he was off from work. This morning he calls to say that he's off and wanted to know the same about me. I've spoken to him about three times in twelve months.

These things occur with me probably about ten times a week. Just about all of them are mundane things that unfold without more than a "huh, weird". On rare occasions it gets me out of speeding tickets. I get a tingle up my spine and a loud thought of "speed trap", I slow down and around the corner a radar gun pointed across the street.

I appreciate these times and wish I could call on them instead of being a passive observer. Maybe it'll save my life someday. Who knows how many times it has without notice.
edit on 20/3/12 by shadow watcher because: the cheese stands alone

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

learn to keep your feelings seperate from others,because as you can feel them,you have the ability to send your feelings into them. its a fine line! its a gift and a curse at the same time.

Good advice, friend. I too have the precognitive telepathic ability, and yes it is a curse as much as it is a blessing. The bad thing for me is I can tell when a person is near death, their Aura changes and becomes a dark color. I can fell other's emotions, and sometimes read their thoughts in the clear. I can tell when a person is sick, and some are surprised when I ask them of their sickness.
I learned a long time ago to build a firewall in my mind, so that I can block this out when I want to. It is amazing, the power of the human mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

wow another sensitive has just given me goosebumps on this site! stop it!!! ha ha ha! seems like a lot more people are opening up this 'power' they have! can you read animals as well? thats a whole other game!!!
children are easy to read,they are still innocent. and they can read you right back! try lying to a child,they will know!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

wow another sensitive has just given me goosebumps on this site! stop it!!! ha ha ha! seems like a lot more people are opening up this 'power' they have! can you read animals as well? thats a whole other game!!!
children are easy to read,they are still innocent. and they can read you right back! try lying to a child,they will know!!!

Well, in answer to your question, I can read our own dog pretty well, and never get bitten by any dog, ever. I just tell them in their heads that I mean no harm to them. Sometimes, I can mind control our dog do do certain things, like jump up on my stepson, his owner.
I thought, until public school, that is, that everything I could do everyone could do, and my abilities were just like everyone else had.
Much to my surprise, I was different from them. Still today there are but a few who are anything like me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

damn! whats with you giving me goosebumps every time i read one of your replies!!! crazy goosebumps!
im not gay so i dont want you to think otherwise. dont know your gender,but i assume your a guy. and im teaching my girl about different paths,and she was shocked at first to see me 'talk' to my dog with certain sounds. people have thought me odd from an early age,and most 'normal' people kinda leave me alone!
but many come to me to learn and for guidance. they tell me im a teacher,and trust me i didnt start out for this 'job'!
its socially awkward, and most 'normal' people dont know what to make of me.
but its nice to know others like me are out there!

peace

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

and p.s. no dissrespect to the gay community,didnt want my last post to be offensive! love is the law!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Checked it out and its got some cool ideas. I agree about the "muscle" point, I do feel as if the more I notice it, the less I think its coincidental.

In developing your skills, does it come naturally or is it something you have to work for?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

Remember when you where a child and you were convinced that your Mom was psychic? She would know the moment you walked into the room and without turning around could direct your movements.

“Take off those shoes before stepping onto my carpet.”
“Those socks too.” Not there.” “Into the hamper please.”

From the hall, you could hear her voice calling, “Not in your room; in the bathroom hamper with the damp stuff.” By this time, you are looking down to hall trying to see if she was peeping.

Just when you were sure that it was just coincidence, you hear. “Take those dirty clothes off.” You already wore those things two days now; why do you think I put those clean jeans on “top” of your dresser?”

My friends and I used to think that our parents had eyes in the back of their head and that they could remote view us at any time they chose. Maybe that is one of the reasons we stayed out of any real trouble, that and the fact that my parents were creative geniuses when it came to coming up with novel punishments that guaranteed no repeat performance of undesirable behavior.

I think that when people are more socially interactive and spend more time in real communication with each other that they become more aware. I don’t think the animal kingdom is exclusive in their abilities to communicate among their species without benefit of cell phones and email. I think they are just better at it because they actually practice and use their gifts collectively.

If animals are able to send messages to each other from vast distances and almost instantaneously, with our brain size and intellect, what do think we would be able to achieve if we had honed and used our primordial instincts and basic senses?

top topics

join