It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vetting: Bell's Critical Race Theory Promoted in Public Schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
So the saga continues... The relationships and the actual curriculum taught by Obama himself at the University of Chicago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, we have a stamp of approval from the Obama admin. to promote this radical ideology in our schools. This is NOT progress. Not even close.

Systematic Racism!! taught in our schools.

A radical organization known as the Pacific Educational Group (PEG) is actively promoting Derrick Bell’s Critical Race Theory in public elementary and high schools nationwide, with an intense focus on what PEG calls “Systemic Racism.”

With the approval of the Obama administration, and under the guise of closing achievement gaps between black and white students, PEG is promoting teaching methods that discourage “black and brown” students from conforming to an inherently “white” -- and therefore racist -- curriculum.

Get this!

PEG also encourages teachers to conform to the presumed cultural backgrounds of students, rather than focusing on norms of assessment and accountability.

Wow! what century are we living in?

In their words

Subsequent investigation led to the revelation that Critical Race Theory is being introduced nationwide through the efforts of PEG.

Glenn Singleton, the founder of PEG, explained in an undated interview with WMEZ of Macon, GA that the organization uses Critical Race Theory as a foundation to encourage teachers, students, and school systems as a whole to talk about race:

"More formally, we engage in what is called systemic transformation, which is operating from a framework of whole system change that works with everyone in the system from the board of education to beginning teachers...

Critical Race Theory...helps the educator now be able to understand how race influences our day-to-day experiences and the historical implications of race..".

Who's to blame? White Culture?

California teacher Matthew Kertesz: When our black and brown students underperform, it’s not based on any lack of ability, but it’s because equal resources isn’t the same thing [sic] as equally served. So our schools often falsely assume that kids of color can and will simply change and thrive in an environment based on white culture. Now, when our schools and society truly value our black and brown youth -– and that’s shown through school culture, and practice, and policy –- then we’ll start to see equal performance.

With this mentality, these kids will be pigeon holed for the rest of their lives and will be playing the blame game for their lack of success all rooted in how they were taught. Ensuring that the cycle continues... Amazing!!

The mind bending continues..

Yet PEG has triggered local opposition, and occasional alarm. As long ago as 2007, organizations such as the Competitive Enterprise Institute have dismissed Singleton, saying he has “become a rich man by preaching racism, hate, and scapegoating” (original links):

Previously, Singleton embarrassed the Seattle Schools. In 2002, they hired him to indoctrinate their students and staff about racism. As a result, they redefined racism consistent with Singleton’s extreme and radical beliefs. The Seattle Schools defined “individualism” as a form of “cultural racism,” said that only whites can be racist, and claimed that planning ahead (“future time orientation”) is a white characteristic that it is racist to expect minorities to exhibit.

This PEG group is dishing out awards to members of Obama's administration

Last year, Russlyn Ali, President Barack Obama’s Assistant Secretary for the Office of Civil Rights in the Department of Education, accepted an award from PEG at the conference.

Critical Race Theory, which began at the margins of the legal academy, has been picked up by race-obsessed radicals and is being woven deeper into the fabric of government education--with Obama’s apparent blessing, and at taxpayer expense.

How can this be accepted by our President?? How?!! Perhaps because he himself ascribes to the same ideology. Just Wrong!!
www.breitbart.com...

www.discriminations.us...

cei.org...

Note the picture of Che hanging in a CLASSROOM

pacificeducationalgroup.ning.com...

edit on 20-3-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Good luck finding outrage. The demonetization and dehumanization of white people has become main stream and most here will think you're a racist for exposing this hate mongering. It is what it is. All we can do is keep trying to open people's eyes, before things get really bad (which they will).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

....So stupid I had to check other sources to see if this was real...

I don't even know what to say.

Seriously though.. if you're black (or "brown") you should be embarrassed by this.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm black or brown and i'm not embarrassed by this sorry i don't conform to your preconceived notions. I disagree with this but he does make one point and let me quote a passage;

California teacher Matthew Kertesz: When our black and brown students underperform, it’s not based on any lack of ability, but it’s because equal resources isn’t the same thing [sic] as equally served. So our schools often falsely assume that kids of color can and will simply change and thrive in an environment based on white culture. Now, when our schools and society truly value our black and brown youth -– and that’s shown through school culture, and practice, and policy –- then we’ll start to see equal performance.

That i do agree with and that's is the main point behind what they are trying to achieve albeit in a less than specular way. The sad fact of the manner is that school funding is based on property taxes, which is why they are able to toss up a multimillion dollar school in a suburban neighborhood while they have schools falling apart and struggling with funding in poor areas and neighborhoods and seeing that, according to a recent study, around 30% of black folks in this country live at or near the poverty line, one can see the correlation between funding in black areas to white areas.

It always comes down to money. If that black or brown kid went to a school that is as well funded as his or hers contemporaries, along with a same supporting staff they would excel too.

It's all about bread people, here's an article for those skeptical haters out there

School Funding - Local Property Taxes
edit on 20-3-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Another thread posted prior to mine here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join