It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond-shaped galaxy discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Astronomers have discovered a rare galaxy that they say resembles an emerald cut diamond.

www.news.9msn.com.au...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

quality post

this made me chuckle

quote from article

"It's one of those things that just makes you smile because it shouldn't exist, or rather you don't expect it to exist."

class

S and F

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Pretty image, but if its a emerald cut diamond, isnt it emerald shape?

2nd

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
SPACE COPS !!

Oh you said diamond, but .. I still see a doughnut!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
As usual, every time they point their telescopes in a new direction, astronomers are "baffled" by what they are looking at. Thinking it's something that's "not supposed to be there" is retarded. It IS there, so maybe your hypothesis of what you are looking at is WRONG.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
As usual, every time they point their telescopes in a new direction, astronomers are "baffled" by what they are looking at. Thinking it's something that's "not supposed to be there" is retarded. It IS there, so maybe your hypothesis of what you are looking at is WRONG.

Or maybe you're taking these words a bit too literally and they're simply saying, "We didn't expect this and are pleasantly surprised."

Anyway, cool post OP.
edit on 20-3-2012 by camus154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I love this stuff, Everyday astronmers are finding new things that well according to physics shouldn't exist. Beautiful.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Guess they forgot about THIS thing:

Of course, they are "baffled" by this as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It doesn't look at all like a diamond shape. If you ask me from the image the predominant shape is the central oval, and the rest is distortion.

Stupid idea.

The idea that the field scientists can't describe is called discovery, we don't know everything but that doesn't invalidate what we do know and can prove in the scientific process. You see if a scientist says they don't know (exactly) what they observe, it is highly technical differences from what they do know, and have not connected the dots yet, it is protocol not to release a 'theory' until is passes peer review for the scientific community, it doesn't mean Einstein or the scientific observation was wrong.

Get a grip.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Funny thing is we will never stop discovering these new things. The universe is so massive there is no way we will discover all the hidden gems within it. It's a shame being born in this time when all we do is spend our money on war and other pointless things when we could be out there exploring and making our mark on our planet and this whole universe.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Don't let your blind hatred hit you on the way out. All they are saying is it's something they haven't seen before, and given 3 guesses on the shape of the next galaxy they discovered, this shape would not have been it. Then again I can't believe Never A Straight Answer, as you like to call them, even told us about this! They must be hiding something right?

Enjoy the view and stop getting all worked up over nothing.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Pretty image, but if its a emerald cut diamond, isnt it emerald shape?

2nd

Kind of what I thought!

2nd

top topics

join