It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Carrier Killer Threat: Mach 6 Speeds, No Way to Counter

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
But they won't be helping the US in a conflict with China...

I wasn't aware that we were going to war with China. Link please?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
We will just develop an anti missile for this missile. You know we aren't so stupid as to say we already have one. China made their offensive missile useless the minute they announced it. We won't make the same mistake. I wouldn't worry about China, it's the puppet masters that want Joe US Citizen to think China's some kind of threat. They have enough problems. Pollution, water, smog, vanishing agriculture, and did I mention Pollution. Square hundreds of miles where birds don't even live. No plant life, nothing but gray dark acrid skies. places the size of some of our states.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
Why are the English contributors here getting off on sending one of their ships to take a missile for the American Navy ? The Americans treat you like DOGS at every opportunity. Do you think they'll send a carrier to les îles Malouines/Mavinas/Falkland Islands Colony ?????

Would we want them to - they can keep their big sausage fingers off our oil and gas and the Argies dont really pose a threat.

Can I ask you, what the hell business is it of yours to send a ship all the way around the world to waters which aren't yours ???? The colonial mindset hasn't left you.

Indeed, unlike the French we never give up!

And to protect your little crapheap destroyer (destroyer indeed, never has the naval classification "destroyer" been used so badly, for the Type 45 is so poorly armed it couldn't itself attack a rowing boat in bad weather) ... to protect this ship, you're relying on European armaments i.e. French and Italian LOL ... and it's European weapons which aren't even in English Navy inventory because you can't afford them !!!!!

I think you forget our aircraft carrier too (the one we cant afford to put planes on). In reality it make s areally nice mobile tennis court.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Every ballistic missile during entry crosses mach 9 .. from American , to Russian to Indian ..
Now its a completely different issue to target the carrier which is travelling at 60knots. ITs not like a missile with mach10 can maneuver a lot at such speeds..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by travis911
Most Chinese doctrine suggests for weapons like this to be effective it would need to offensive....

Jog my memory please, when was the last time that China attacked someone offensively? Perhaps you can refresh me as to the last time they went on an empire building spree of false flags, illegal wars, occupations, murder, rape and theft?

Could it be that US strategy of "containing" of China and Russia are driving defensive political & military doctrines of those countries?

Three come to mind:

1. The invasion and occupation of the independent nation of Tibet where hundreds of thousands of Tibetans died and were tortured.

The invasion of Tibet began in 1949. Chinese occupation has resulted in the deaths of at least hundreds of thousands of Tibetans, the destruction of over 6,000 monasteries, nunneries and temples, and the imprisonment and torture of thousands of Tibetans.

www.freetibet.org...

The Chinese call the Dalai Lama, Tibet's political and spiritual leader, "Smiley Lama". Very funny.

2. During the Korean War (1950 - 1953). After North Korea invaded South Korea in 1950 and started to falter, hundreds of thousands of Chinese troops entered North Korea to fight UN forces.
www.history.army.mil...

3. During the Vietnam War, China supplied North Vietnam with massive amounts of weaponry and supplies as well as having 170,000 troops of all kinds in North Vietnam.
www.militaryhistoryonline.com...

While new weapons may temporarily tip the balance one way or the other, counter-measures are usually developed rather quickly.

But why would China attack the U.S. or the West now? It already has them in their back pocket, economically.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There will never be a war between China and the US in my/our lifetime. And until someone comes up with a working defense against ICBMs, there will never be a hot war between two major nuclear powers.

Moot point.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by regor77
Because they know you guys arent going to back em up. "Tuck Tail and Run" is your countries creed if I remember right. Maybe some Legionaires would fight but alot of those come from other countries anyway. Just keep doing what you do best and make art and croissants and we will handle the heavy stuff. Sorry, maybe only your mood is French but so is your stance.
edit on 21-3-2012 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

Why do the Americans need the back up of a useless English warship ? In many respects, the type 45 is less capable than ships the Americans have in reserve. That's how BAD the Type 45 is.

Art and croissants ? Random. Neither have much to do with naval warfare. I think you suffer the English disease. Join the English Royal Navy and feel a man.
edit on 21-3-2012 by LeBombDiggity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Sorry bud I will feel a woman you can feel a man if you want. Just asking you to recognize the superior military. We are helping you all. You utilize our fleets for a no fly zone every time because you dont have that capability. We are there for you, all you need to do is ask. We got stuff you boys have never even begun to think about because we had the foresight to envision them. Trust me at some point you will be on our porch asking for a hand. And we will give it because we are allies. We dont ask much from you, (maybe some minimal cooperation) but you are on the dole so what does that tell ya.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
To even think the United States doesn't have something like this or something even better is kind of funny to me. Do you think all weapons are disclosed to the public? The United States Government is not the Super Power for no reason. This country is packin' and is capable of doing way more than you think. All this country has done in the last 10-15 years is participate in pointless invasions on weak countries to kill the innocent and helpless. The U.S. hasn't had any major wars in the last 10-15 years to showcase, or surprise anyone with any of the weapons they've developed or purchased on the down low, same applies to the other 2 Super Powers. They all have things up their sleeves.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

That's not true... Our carriers defense systems are already stressed to deal with the silkworm, if they even can...

Jaden

p.s. I ain't getting into the specifics because I don't remember enough about the classification to vet it for public consumption

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

That's foolish to assume. Of course there could be a hot war between two major nuclear nations. All it takes is an escalation from a single incident, or an economic collapse that makes one of the nations desperate.

If the US economy collapses further, China's and the world's economies will follow suit. They are too heavily invested in America for it not to. The most likely occurrence in that event is for the individual nations to go into civil unrest, but blaming it on a foreign nation can help to bring the people back together facing a common enemy and would prevent their power from being lost, which is all those in power care about.

Believe me, if it comes down to it, the people in charge WILL fight a nuclear war, or a war that can easily escalate to nuclear and biological etc... before they will risk losing their foothold on their power.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by regor77

You're not "there for me" or my nation in any capacity whatever so you can spare me the contrived fraternity.

I despise what your nation stands for nowadays. It's merely the current imperial power, that's all.

As to the rest of your mumbo jumbo, meh, respect your military equipment ? Respect my cheese.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Its not that simple. You have to know that a missile is coming at you in order to defend against it.

Again, I'm not getting into specifics because they are classified.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I like cheese. Keep up the good work. Contribute something else and I may believe you guys are tuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Don't get your panties in a bunch because your nation has always been a bunch of pussies that need to get bailed out by other countries... lol.

California cheese is the bomb diggity...

Jaden

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
There will never be a war between China and the US in my/our lifetime. And until someone comes up with a working defense against ICBMs, there will never be a hot war between two major nuclear powers.

Moot point.

Yup pretty much, you loose everything you have to gain on a world scale if a super power nukes another.

Resorting to that means ANY country will take the fallout not just the two pissed at each other.

Big bad news. the ultimate stalemate.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Interesting.

I noticed nobody mentioned the possibility of the US or UK having several undisclosed weapons just laying around in military installations, such as Dulce. Think of the technology that has been developed and never disclosed to the public. We could be sitting on far superior weapons than this, right now. Of course, we would never go public with such a thing like China did, because now everyone knows it's capabilities they can start some R&D on how to combat it.

Frankly it was stupid announcing something as ground breaking as this...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

Originally posted by woogleuk

Originally posted by Justwork

The Type 45 is a very capable craft, against planes only. There is no known system that can defeat the DF-21D, not even the Type 45 can do anything near it. Even if it could, we would need more than 6.

The type 45 has some of the most sophisticated anti-missile systems in the world.

Advanced air defence

The Type 45 design uses the Principal Anti-Air Missile System, now known in Royal Navy service as Sea Viper. It is a joint British, French and Italian design. PAAMS consists of a SAMPSON fire control and tracking radar, MBDA Aster 15 and 30 missile systems and a 48-cell SYLVER vertical missile launcher, giving both short-range and long-range anti-air capability. The PAAMS system is able to control and coordinate several missiles in the air at once, allowing several tracks to be intercepted. The SYLVER VLS missile launcher can be upgraded to accommodate other weapons if necessary. The Daring class have often been considered to be the most powerful air-defence warships in the world. It has been suggested that the SAMPSON radar is capable of tracking an object the size of a cricket ball travelling at three times the speed of sound. Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope has talked of the RN's pride in a Type 45 being asked to switch off PAAMS because it was "constraining the training" in exercises with US forces. Although the Type 45 represents a significant improvement to air defences, her anti-ship capability is currently limited to the single medium calibre gun and helicopter-borne Sea Skua missiles.

So it can track something the size of a cricket ball travelling at Mach 3, so something of a larger size should be tracked at faster speeds.

Anti-air

Sea Viper missile system.

SAMPSON multi-function air tracking radar. (range 400 km)
S1850M 3D air surveillance radar, capable of tracking up-to 1,000 targets. (range 400 km)
48 cell SYLVER A-50 VLS for accommodation of up to 48× MBDA Aster missiles. A mix of;
Aster 15 - anti-air missiles (range 2-30km)
Aster 30 - anti-air missiles (also anti-ballistic missile capable) (range 3-120 km)

It also has submarine counter measures.

And none are, thankfully, capable of stopping the DF-21D.

Oh really. Go ahead and shoot. Watch what happens.

It's possible we may actually shoot back.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by regor77

Agree with you. All they want is trade/business. I think if the majority thinks that products from China are crappy why then should they get so excited over that missile. It might just fall back into China for all you know. It only becomes a problem if you wanna invade China then whatever armament she has have to be taken into consideration. Should focus on terrorist cells and suicide bombers. These are the real threats and all the sophisticated weaponry are of not much use against walking time bombs.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

there will always be a counter measure to that weapon..do you really think that the DARPA or other companies have not already been working on this....soon as that things hits space chances are we have a lock on it..that's if we want to..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join