It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Carrier Killer Threat: Mach 6 Speeds, No Way to Counter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

"Just work" hasnt thought about the Yanks or even the Brits defening themsevles using all counter measures we currantly know about on land and sea.
While I certainly agree with "Just Work" on some points, he hasnt taken into account all factors...and theres alot of different factors.
All in all, If the DF-21D comes down from exo-atmospheric height and has a target insight, I wouldnt like to be on any of the ships, put it the way.

Again, here's a link to find out more about this deadly missile, the DF-21D

www.defenceiq.com...

edit on 21-3-2012 by mackey1224uk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I am sorry to say that it is not as good as it sounds!
if it goes in a strait line.
any missile you fire at it will hit it.
and now america knows about it!

but is the radar any good looking up?
and is it auto? I bet not.
and if he takes his eye off the radar for a second they are hit.

if they can make a missle that doges at the last second.
it can not be hit.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Considering the debate on this thread you all might want to consider this: There is talk the DF-21D could be made into a MIRV'd weapon as well. There is similar weapons in the Smithsonian on display. None of these weapons are new, what is new is the tracking aspect on the open ocean. Hitting a city is easy, a carrier moving at 25 Knots, not so much..

the-diplomat.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If you are reading about it now, the US Military has know about it for even longer and you can bet they have a counter(s). The launch of such missles would be detected as soon as they left the rails and a host of countermeasures would be taking them out. Thats not to say any system offensive or defensive is perfect but lets be realistic here, the USN has been preping for these kinds of threats since inception.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

am very proud of this ship (class of) too.but what scares me about china is the manpower,wealth and resources.maybe the defence systems of this ship could defeat this missile...its only a missile...what if they send 30 ..or 100..or just keep sending them until there is no ammo to fire back.no matter how costly that is it is
certainly cheaper than a ship.never mind the crew.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Keep buying made in china stuff and they wont use it

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I would hazard a guess that if the UK Rapier 2 system is modified to be aboard ships then it would be an effective defewnse against this weapon. It is a proximity killer and reaches mach 4 from launch to the distance of its own length and can match mach 6. We have had this system for years and it was developed by BAE, it is just that in all joint operations the US has insisted on using patriot, which is a lot more bulky and less effective for political reasons. The Rapier 2 would make mince meat of this chinese missile.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-3-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What makes you think that's better than what we have? I think we have the same, but better, faster, and more reliable. Not to mention its already built, tested and ready to take out anything that comes our way. Never doubt America, Never bet against us!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
What makes you think that's better than what we have? I think we have the same, but better, faster, and more reliable. Not to mention its already built, tested and ready to take out anything that comes our way. Never doubt America, Never bet against us!

Thats true America have a lot of hardware - the Brits have the skill.

We have the SAS and the SBS which make the navy seals, rangers or whatever look like a pack of spastics on a bouncy castle

I remember hearing a good story about the Iraq war when the Americans had captured a load of enemy soldiers but were having difficulty working out the senior command within the prisoners. For ages they tried but couldn't do it so they had to call in on the Brits - we nailed it virtually straight away.

Also had an old army buddy who was out in Iraq in the 90s, he was saying that the American soldiers had a little card of rules - right up near the top were these two.

Do not drink with the Brits
Do not gamble with the Brits

A slight ramble but hey ho, it beats work!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by travis911
Most Chinese doctrine suggests for weapons like this to be effective it would need to offensive....

Jog my memory please, when was the last time that China attacked someone offensively?

1979. as far as I know.

it's entirely possible that they've been militarily active in the intervening time and I just don't know about it.

Perhaps you can refresh me as to the last time they went on an empire building spree of false flags, illegal wars, occupations, murder, rape and theft?

In October, 1949, the PRC formed an occupation government of most of China, the entire Chinese mainland, that is being perpetuated to this very day, This encompasses use of false flags, illegal wars, occupation, murder, rape, and theft in a 63 year empire building spree. During that time there have been several attempts to militarily annex neighbors to increase the empire, notably Russia, Vietnam, and Tibet.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

Originally posted by woogleuk
It is obvious by now the UK will help the US, so to your "China carrier killer" I say (or should I say show) this....

Threat eliminated.

EDIT: I highly doubt there will be war with China, or at least I hope, there is enough crap going on in this world without more.
edit on 20/3/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

The Type 45 is a very capable craft, against planes only. There is no known system that can defeat the DF-21D, not even the Type 45 can do anything near it. Even if it could, we would need more than 6.

It's good that we can't stop them, the Americans need to learn the errors of their ways.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

Actually the sea viper system can be adjusted to deal with the Chinese Df21, but the question is, is the current Aster 15s & 30s that are currently on board the Type45s up to the challenge?, the on board state of the art Sampson radar is more than up to the challenge, the technology is there and is available for upgrading to intercept these types of missiles, its just not on-board the ship at this moment in time, a quick upgrade and the type45s could easy pick the Df21d off and render it obsolete, this all coming from BAE systems themselves,

I very much doubt the Df21s could take out a Type45 anyway, they're much quicker and more stealthy than an big ass carrier, speed is everything... when it comes to these missiles the faster they travel the less maneuverable they become and targets move, so these Df21s will have a hard time hitting a target the size of a type45 which are not going to be sitting ducks, there signature is that of a small fishing boat, the Dong Feng 21d has not been designed to hit fast fishing boats, just big ass slow carriers that stick out like a soar thumb

This technology is years old, its just a back engineered Russian missile which has been modified to travel abit faster when incoming, the technology is on its last legs,

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
China is developing this insane super missile that can kill US carriers at will. It is called the DF-21D. It can be launched from over 1000 miles away, making US Carriers worthless in a war with China. The missile then comes down from the atmosphere at Mach 6 making use of most defenses worthless. I hope to bring this to light as this is a weapon that could spell doom for US forces in the future. We talk about wars on terror, but something like this is a real threat!

the-diplomat.com...

if that happens I'm sure the USA will be sending china some rods from the gods.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Why are the English contributors here getting off on sending one of their ships to take a missile for the American Navy ? The Americans treat you like DOGS at every opportunity. Do you think they'll send a carrier to les îles Malouines/Mavinas/Falkland Islands Colony ?????

NO !!

But you anglos are all content to send your ship to protect theirs from the Chinese ???? Can I ask you, what the hell business is it of yours to send a ship all the way around the world to waters which aren't yours ???? The colonial mindset hasn't left you.

And to protect your little crapheap destroyer (destroyer indeed, never has the naval classification "destroyer" been used so badly, for the Type 45 is so poorly armed it couldn't itself attack a rowing boat in bad weather) ... to protect this ship, you're relying on European armaments i.e. French and Italian LOL ... and it's European weapons which aren't even in English Navy inventory because you can't afford them !!!!!

But don't let fact get in the way of your English naval tech-wank.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You can take out the rail guns quite easily,you just send in this missile with a EMP blast and the rail gun is useless as the railgun requires electricity. As for the type 45, it can be taken out as well. Nothing is foolproof in war.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Also railguns are not even made yet..

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jjinsane1

O.K. if you say so it all must be true. lol, facepalm. I'm sure you are much more trustworthy than all others who actually may have some sort of credentials. Or, maybe you are just regurgitating the same old stuff we have all heard here daily. All things you have said I have seen posted here before so you tell us nothing. Thanks for your "opinion" tho. All "opinions" are welcome here as they say. I must say tho dont mistake our "Public Transportation" for our military might. I am an American and I believe the secrets kept by our government could kill us as fast as anyone if/when they decide necessary, but I fear they would use it against any provocateers first. I also believe China must fear them knowing full well they would sacrifice their own citizenry (can check spelling and call me a dummy if you wish) for any cause the elite here deem necessary, they wouldnt hesitate to do in another warring faction with similar intents on world domination. We as a nation are batchit crazy and we will kill everyone before we lose our fast food chains and you tube access. We wont lose a pound of obiese Americanism over this B.S. I say bring it. Good luck on you next epic imposter reply.

edit on 21-3-2012 by regor77 because: just remembered how to spell citizenry

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Very interesting post, thank you..

Do you know what ASAT is? Only the US and Russia have these anti-sat weapons. Do you think they can only shoot at other satellites, think again.

He who controls the air controls the ground, he who controls space controls it all.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Because they know you guys arent going to back em up. "Tuck Tail and Run" is your countries creed if I remember right. Maybe some Legionaires would fight but alot of those come from other countries anyway. Just keep doing what you do best and make art and croissants and we will handle the heavy stuff. Sorry, maybe only your mood is French but so is your stance.
edit on 21-3-2012 by regor77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

Originally posted by woogleuk
It is obvious by now the UK will help the US, so to your "China carrier killer" I say (or should I say show) this....

Threat eliminated.

EDIT: I highly doubt there will be war with China, or at least I hope, there is enough crap going on in this world without more.
edit on 20/3/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

The Type 45 is a very capable craft, against planes only. There is no known system that can defeat the DF-21D, not even the Type 45 can do anything near it. Even if it could, we would need more than 6.

It's good that we can't stop them, the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT needs to learn the errors of it's ways.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

Fixed. :-)

The Type45's really can't do much against an object at Mach 6...that's 3 times the speed most any jet fighter can achieve and still be operating at capacity. Tracking an object that high and that fast would be near to impossible, even with heat-laser designation technology. The only way to defeat it would be to take it down in it's post-launch sub-orbital stage, as it's being launch and gaining altitude. Beyond that, it'd be too high for most any conventional defense that's actually being implemented or too fast for any type of intercept.

However, I agree with anther poster; a war between super powers will be economic, not wet. China is already winning that 'war.' Weapon's are simply stock piled as a show of force and intelligence behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SL55T0T0

Right on with that I havent found anything in this country lately that isnt made in China, except maybe some food stuffs. They wont kill the cash cow if they truly want to supercede th U.S. as an economic power in the next million years. I think this our Governments design on pacifying the east. I'd say 50% of their economy depends on us mindless idiots that want "nice", "cool" stuff to fill our hovells. They need us just to stay competitive. Just my opinion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join