It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians vs. meat-eaters: Standoff is over

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yes that is wonderful a study of 120000 people, like cigarettes cause cancer yet many live over 70 years old.

What else did these red meat eaters do that the vegs not do. May be the red meat eaters were people who actually worked a hard life as they have a better protein intake to sustain real work

Hi – I've been vegetarian for more than 25 years now. Work a 40hour week in my day job, train in martial arts a couple times each week play 3 sports (top in one of them) and solely run a 35 acre organic orchard with what’s left of my time/energy.

Vegetarian’s can put out!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here's the thing when it comes to this debate:

There are different types of people, some who react better to a meat diet, some to a vegetarian diet. I had a friend go vegan and it almost killed him, literally. He found out he was celiac. Which lead us to research blood-type diets. I highly recommend that ANYONE who isnt sure about what their diet should be research this topic.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

so other animals are just bullying other animals thats why they eat meat?

The thought processes of some people just astound me....

I guess hunter/gatherers just like to bully other animals too.....

my god.........

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Good points made by you.
Yes respect the life you take if that is your choice
To say the moral question of eating animals is old and tired may be true to some but for many young people it is new and some deeply question as such and make their choices - it will always be so
Yes respect animals
Respect those who respect animals though they may kill and eat them
Also respect Vegans and Vegetarians for the choice they make
Respect they say goes a long way.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

There are different types of people, some who react better to a meat diet, some to a vegetarian diet. I had a friend go vegan and it almost killed him, literally. He found out he was celiac. Which lead us to research blood-type diets. I highly recommend that ANYONE who isnt sure about what their diet should be research this topic.

My whole family (6 of us) were Vego but we discovered some stuff in regards blood type & food requirements. I wasn't sure about all this, the girls are all eating meat now (after 2 decades) me - I'm B- and could almost survive eating grass. But still I craved fish in the early days. You do need to find protein substitutes to meat. They are available in vege's though, also watch though's B vitamins

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peter Brake

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

My whole family (6 of us) were Vego but we discovered some stuff in regards blood type & food requirements. I wasn't sure about all this, the girls are all eating meat now (after 2 decades) me - I'm B- and could almost survive eating grass. But still I craved fish in the early days. You do need to find protein substitutes to meat. They are available in vege's though, also watch though's B vitamins

Glad to see others are aware of this. If more people researched this topic, the vege/meat-eater debate would be over.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Do you partake in a glass or two of wine?

If so, you've almost certainly consumed frogs, birds, spiders, eggs, bugs, lizards etc etc.

Very true! I worked for Cadbury's in the past and oh my god, if you saw what REALLY ends up in a Cherry Ripe, you would lose your lunch!
For instance, the cherries come down a conveyor belt and are quickly looked and fingered by 4 ladies. Just those 4 ladies have to detect pips, stalks, and animal life... Needless to say, they do not get it all, not even close. There are some flies which blow into the cherry, it looks like a pip but once they are squeezed to remove the 'pip' about 20 live maggots spill out onto the conveyor belt and off they go on a journey to your favourite chocolate treat.
mmmmmmmmmm
:vomitchunder:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

lol what? If you're gonna die you're gonna die. It's that simple , EVERYTHING causes cancer , hell you can do nothing and have a risk of cancer. Stop the infatuation on living 200 years.

What exactly makes you think Animals have the same right man does? We just so happen to be the top of the food chain. If we aren't then that sucks , but we are. Meat is good , i enjoy meat. Do i eat vegetables too? Yup. Do i eat meat? Yup.

Animals are a food supply. Not a human being.
edit on 20-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I am a pescatarian for want of a label and have been for 30 years - I do not eat animal or foul or insect or milk or egg products. However I eat fish which I am happy to catch myself. I also grow my own organic fruits and vegetables.
I know many who have had this diet all their life's and are very healthy.
This is my experience and I respect others have their own.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
frogs, bids, spiders in wine??? please explain.

ofcourse vego is best and i never fall ill. i agree with the op that (in this day and age of factory farming) partaking in consuming meat is animal bullying/abuse. only for the enlightened to understand though and it will take years to do undo the brainwashing from our fore fathers.

oh so we have to be "enlightened" to understand it....

Nice job putting yourselves on on your false pedestal.....

I love people who feel superior because they think they have some moral high ground, especially vegans....

Guess what......if it werent for stuff you could buy in the store........most of you people wouldnt be vegan, cause you wouldnt have the means to do so.....I highly doubt a majority of vegans grow all of their own food.....

And those that do im SURE , dont feel they have some intellectual superiority because they made a CHOICE that others might not decide to make.......

edit on 20-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
S&F
I've been a vegetarian for a few years now and I feel very good, no health issues. The have been times when I was not eating properly and felt very weak/frail, but that's my own fault, it is entirely possible and very easy with a little planning to get everything you need as a vegetarian.

One wonderfood that makes me feel great is sprouts, I started sprouting a few months ago, and although I dont always have a batch going I feel great when I do. Its actually alive when you eat it, nothing is healthier!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I read about the blood type diets I dont remeber the details but if I am correct those with 'older' blood types were more in need of meat while modern blood types showed resistance to both meat and milk (medeteranian blood lines specifically).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

It's easy to say that when you haven't seen what lives those "animals" live before they are killed and prepped for your dinner table.

Once again, the point is we need to raise the quality of life of the animals --- giving us quality meat.

Rather than having chickens = dehydrated organs wrapped in translucent skin, pumped with drugs to give them four fat legs or three fat wings. No head either.

Is that a chicken? No.

Or cows and pigs that have never seen the light of day - let alone given enough room to lick the gangrene off their ongoing infections caused from living in their own piss and feces.

---- Don't embrace the hypocrisy just because a couple fatheaded rednecks at the bar never realized what was in their SPAM.

I love me some meat - but it's important to respect all life.

My lesser of the evil views coincides with nomadic Jews: Kosher --- When an animal has adrenaline rushing through its veins, the meat is polluted in toxins. Thus it is not worthy of eating. Therefore the livestock must be handled with care, to prevent diseases and sickness.

Instead we have people spending millions of dollars on new hardcore chemicals to spray the feces off of your food --- see Ammonium Hydroxide = Pink slime = ground beef.

Gunna go to my local store and pick up some bacon ends now - bbl.
edit on 20-3-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Do you partake in a glass or two of wine?

If so, you've almost certainly consumed frogs, birds, spiders, eggs, bugs, lizards etc etc.

Very true! I worked for Cadbury's in the past and oh my god, if you saw what REALLY ends up in a Cherry Ripe, you would lose your lunch!
For instance, the cherries come down a conveyor belt and are quickly looked and fingered by 4 ladies. Just those 4 ladies have to detect pips, stalks, and animal life... Needless to say, they do not get it all, not even close. There are some flies which blow into the cherry, it looks like a pip but once they are squeezed to remove the 'pip' about 20 live maggots spill out onto the conveyor belt and off they go on a journey to your favourite chocolate treat.
mmmmmmmmmm
:vomitchunder:

Ha ha yes - But man i tell you - when as a kid I worked in a butchers as a Saturday job - You would freak if you saw what went into beefburgers and hamburgers and sausage we made.
The butcher in question was renowned for these products and actually had contracts to supply school canteens in the area.
I never forgot the time the Circus came to town and my boss got a contract to supply the Lions food.
Poor Lions would love a whole carcass - No doubt they would have preferred the stalking chase and kill.
All they got were Cow Heads cleaved into two halves.
Oh yes and the poor butcher guy got ring worm or is it tape worm from handling raw flesh etc.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Vegans are obviously more enlightened, whats more comfortable than a Birkenstock.

About buying food in stores, the same argument can be used against meat eaters, many places have made it illegal to buy meat directly from farms, and who has the time to raise their own animals, it takes more work than growing veggies thats for sure.

I live in an apartment, no way I can have a garden, but most of my vitamins are comming from jars of sprouted seeds, which are much healthier than meat, and so much cheaper. a $3.00 puch of seeds will make me 25-30 cups of sprouts!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Yes I have heard sprouting seeds are good for you - great to grow your own - something good about cropping a plant and eating it fresh from the ground or kitchen - My friend says it is because it contains more Chi or life force - I think he is right

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That article does not prove humans aren't meat-eaters.

Humans are biologically a carnivorous mammal. No study changes that.

However - - most humans no longer live a physically active lifestyle requiring a high protein diet.

Humans need to adjust their calorie - protein - and other food stuff to fit their lifestyle.

I think its called: Evolution.

Whether its good or bad Evolution - - is another question.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Our bodies aren't designed to be omnivores.When I said most people I just wasn't thinking and was posing lazily. I mean most of the near 7 billion people.

It is just incorrect to say our bodies are developed to be vegetarian. It is just down right false and ignorant.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Its all about the life force, its not as simple as saying something has 'more' life force, but its a sufficient definition for now.

The sprout thinks its underground, so it generates out of the ether massive amounts of nutrition to push it through to the surface and help its chances of survival. A good example is brocolli, a brocolli sprout has 50 times more nutrition that an equal amount of mature brocolli. Thats EPIC.

That number is pretty true for most sprouts. The problem is sprouts are not easy to grow commercially, they need little air and a lot of moisture which makes them suceptable to mold, FDA warns not to feed sprouts to children or seniors. Actual documented sickness from sprouts is very small (especially in contrast to all the salmonela/ecoli found in various store bought produce).

Anyways long story short....Sprouts > Meat

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Would love to see where you go that graph from.

Here is one for you.. carnivores are generally intelligent. Are teeth ARE designed for it (your chart is off) they are designed to cut meat and crack bones for marrow. Even monkeys eat meat.

We have been hunting for thousands of years.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join