It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians vs. meat-eaters: Standoff is over

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

i know all that, but i could just as easily wipe my arse on a tree or a big leaf while chewing on unwiped-on leaves while contemplating which lady ape has the nicest buns... i like being human too, there plenty i dont like being human though.

farming was not so great for humans either if we want to go that way - it reduced diversity in our diet, impacted on our health and damaged our bones and muscle structure due to the repetitive motions requuired for planting, harvesting and grinding corn. hunter-gatherers were much healthier which is well proven by archaeology. farming is where it starts to go wrong, with heirarchies, cities, social division etc etc etc. that does not even start to go into the road it led down for the planet, ecosystem etc etc

if i had the chance to go back in time, i'd take my chances in the pre farming meso/neolithic, i think it would be awesome, if a little bit edge of the seat. again though thats another thread - i've kinda rambled alot today
Yeah, i agree with you with the hunter-gathers part, it would be cool living like that, no money troubles ect. I don't agree with you on the lady ape buns though, they would be all hairy!

I forgot to mention before that i never get my meat from stores like ASDA and Tesco, my dad usually gets me some nice meat from small farmers who take care of their animals. Saying that, he not long walked in the door with some lovely cuts of beef for tonights tea!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Until recently, due to the lack of quality statistical studies, too great of a role in the great debate between vegetarians and meat eaters was played by a rhetorical component. A large-scale study involving 120,000 people showed that consumption of red meat significantly reduces life expectancy. The position of v

www.trueactivist.com...

Studies like this are well overdue. It has long been the common consensus among vegetarians that its more healthy not to eat meat but evidence was scant.

Eating meat in my opinion is an act of bullying against animals. It is puts a big strain on our biosphere. We can feed a lot more people with less land on vegetables...

Maybe one day you will get labels on meat products like you do on cigarettes... Warning may cause cancer..

Interesting, another intellectually dishonest statement from a vegetarian. It is like the time vegetarians tried to claim that they where smarter because a study that showed "vegetarians" who ate fish and poultry where smarter then vegetarians/vegans and normal red meat eaters.

That study was about red meat. To try and use that as a justification for degenerate dietary lifestyles is dishonest at best, an act of public terrorism at worst. Then again, vegetarians are historically more likely to be control freaks or mass murderers. Explains why you can't bug off and leave other people alone. You don't see me or any other sensible person harassing vegetarians for their poor eating lifestyle.

Yet you seem to think you have a right to hound others, much like a mentally ill person who tries to convince all their friends that the meds they are on are good for their friends too.

Personally, between you and me, I don't care much for red meat. Heck, unless I cook it into charcoal it is hard for my system to digest it(ground beef though is somewhat OK). Poultry though, I couldn't live without it. Maybe your genetic line is more herbivoreish, but me? No way, I am an omnivore. I accept that.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Until recently, due to the lack of quality statistical studies, too great of a role in the great debate between vegetarians and meat eaters was played by a rhetorical component. A large-scale study involving 120,000 people showed that consumption of red meat significantly reduces life expectancy. The position of v

www.trueactivist.com...

Studies like this are well overdue. It has long been the common consensus among vegetarians that its more healthy not to eat meat but evidence was scant.

Eating meat in my opinion is an act of bullying against animals. It is puts a big strain on our biosphere. We can feed a lot more people with less land on vegetables...

Maybe one day you will get labels on meat products like you do on cigarettes... Warning may cause cancer..

Interesting, another intellectually dishonest statement from a vegetarian. It is like the time vegetarians tried to claim that they where smarter because a study that showed "vegetarians" who ate fish and poultry where smarter then vegetarians/vegans and normal red meat eaters.

That study was about red meat. To try and use that as a justification for degenerate dietary lifestyles is dishonest at best, an act of public terrorism at worst. Then again, vegetarians are historically more likely to be control freaks or mass murderers. Explains why you can't bug off and leave other people alone. You don't see me or any other sensible person harassing vegetarians for their poor eating lifestyle.

Yet you seem to think you have a right to hound others, much like a mentally ill person who tries to convince all their friends that the meds they are on are good for their friends too.

Personally, between you and me, I don't care much for red meat. Heck, unless I cook it into charcoal it is hard for my system to digest it(ground beef though is somewhat OK). Poultry though, I couldn't live without it. Maybe your genetic line is more herbivoreish, but me? No way, I am an omnivore. I accept that.

Red meat is bad for you PERIOD. Its called palmitic acid and I have covered it here on this Thread In a nutshell palmitic acid is responsible for inducing dna damage obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
edit on 17-3-2013 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Whatever. More burgers for me. I'd personally rather live to 60 eating delicious cheeseburgers than to 100 eating soy and celery.

But watch me recant my ways when I'm lying in an ambulance clutching my chest.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by purplemer

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
from the DNA they pulled from the mummies from Egypt to the 5000 year old iceman mummy all were found to have suffered from heart disease even though they led fit and healthy lives and good diet ...

the estimated age of the iceman was placed at 40 ,(at death) and when compared to modern man of the same age with heart disease there was little or no difference forcing the know it all's to rethink the causes of heart disease

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

My understanding of heart disease is that it is a modern illness. Have you got any links please..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
from the DNA they pulled from the mummies from Egypt to the 5000 year old iceman mummy all were found to have suffered from heart disease even though they led fit and healthy lives and good diet ...

the estimated age of the iceman was placed at 40 ,(at death) and when compared to modern man of the same age with heart disease there was little or no difference forcing the know it all's to rethink the causes of heart disease

And what you call a "good diet" likely included eating corpses, not a very wise thing to do in any case. Then add in little or no Vitamin C, likely dehydration, and restless leg syndrome and you've got a typical counch potato who exercises and hunts mammoths sometimes.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trackhunter
Reply to post by purplemer

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Will you still consider yourself top of the food chain when you are being consumed by death..

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Whatever.

I'm a vegan, and I don't give a damn what the person next to me is eating.

What I care about is the impact that their decision is making on the planet. Are you eating locally grown sustainable meat? Great! Are you eating products from a factory farm that is -literally- destroying the ecology of our planet? Then you are part of the problem emanating from the industrialization of our world just as much as Monsanto is.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My grandmother lived to be 101 years and 6 months old and she ate red meat every day, drank tea with 6 tsp sugar per cup and drank red wine every day.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Having tried both the vegetarian lifestyle and the omnivore lifestyle, I must say that the only thing that keeps me alive is eating meat.

On the vegetarian lifestyle, I did not thrive. In fact, my Naturopath nearly put me in the hospital. Problems with anemia, hypoglycemia, falling hair, pasty dry skin, and various other things.

Even now, although I do eat some vegetables, I do stay away from certain families. Nightshade veggies like tomatoes, potatoes et al. The Hemlocks like celery and carrots..

So I'm down to green leafy things like spinach.

I believe that it's very important to take into account the ancestral feeding habits of people before making broad sweeping statements for and against certain lifestyles. My ancestors are northern European so I should basically never eat a rice product.

But your mileage may vary..

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Eating meat in my opinion is an act of bullying against animals.

Being a vegetarian is an act of bullying against vegetables and plants....

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join