It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians vs. meat-eaters: Standoff is over

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

how was she a vegan if she only ate soy? wouldnt she be a soyan?

seriously

Yeah, i ment to say mostly not sole.. sorry
she ate veggies also..

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Honestly i have never heard that word before, but no, im not fat and id rather not label myself.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by HelenConway

If you want to feel sorry for animals thats fine,. but keep it to your selves,. and live your life
as a vegan,.

edit on 9-3-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

I am not a vegan - I eat some animal products just not dead flesh.
I can't keep quiet about animal cruelty I am an animals rights advocate and supporter.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

If you want to feel sorry for animals thats fine,. but keep it to your selves,. and live your life
as a vegan,.

edit on 9-3-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

I am not a vegan - I eat some animal products just not dead flesh.
I can't keep quiet about animal cruelty I am an animals rights advocate and supporter.

and what animal products do you eat?

Ya know,. I love animals and do my best to treat them respectfully,. for example I have a horse and a dog,.I buy my beef from a local farmer that treats them awesomely till time for processing.. I dont condone beating food chain animals or foul to a death,. nor do I condone companies that inject chickens with growth hormones. I buy my chicken from a local farmer also..But.. I am an omnivore, so meat is and always will be part of my diet.Like I simularly stated earlier,. tell the killer whale to ignore its genetic interests and not eat meat

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This has probably been said before in the thread, but all the same...

Meat tastes good. Red meat tastes good. Pork tastes good. We all will die. You could die any moment from millions of causes.

Might as well enjoy life while you can, and since meat offers enjoyment. I'm not for mistreating animals either, that's not the point of my statement.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
This has probably been said before in the thread, but all the same...

Meat tastes good. Red meat tastes good. Pork tastes good. We all will die. You could die any moment from millions of causes.

Might as well enjoy life while you can, and since meat offers enjoyment. I'm not for mistreating animals either, that's not the point of my statement.

But yes, by eating meat you are "for" mistreating animals. As for dying, sure, but why rush it? Corpsearians do themselves and their older selves no favors by eating "meat". I know one vegetarian activist, an older man, who said he went to his 50th high school reunioun and almost everyone there but him had tales of their heart attacks and cancers, and were walking slow, the typical old person sterotypes were all around him, and he was dancing like a teen and was the talk of the old-persons-prom. Meat gnaws on you everytime you gnaw on it!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Quite a few vegans don't eat soy products, they say it's like meat in many ways. Take Tofu. It has to be refrigerated or cooled or it goes bad and spoils easily. It's got a high fat content. And other drawbacks. So the other posters gassy ex-girlfriend didn't really educate herself on HowTo:Eat normally. For me it's lots of what other people would call "carbs" but I call food. Rice and beans, that's the center of my eating world (esp. lentils, jeez, if anyone wants my rice and lentils recipe I'll make a thread and link it here, and you will be happy for life). Oatmeal with seasonings. I've added quinoa recently, and I've seen it everywhere now as more companies are cashing in on the quinoa "craze" (to the detriment of the poor South Americans who've always eaten it but can no longer afford it), fruits, veggies, and much more. For treats, Rice Dream can't be beaten (I'd been a vegan for a few yeas when a non-gassy vegetarian gal pal was having an ice cream cone, and wanted me to try it. As men often do, "Sure, whatever you say", and I was actually happy I took a lick of it because it tasted horrible, I can't even describe unless I wanted to the taste of this thing they call ice cream. It was a good lesson for me about what I don't miss and how much our taste buds heal after we escape that stuff.) . I've block of text'ed, so enough for this post.
edit on 10-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

my point was that the person referenced was described as eating only soy.....hardly surprising she suffered health issues given the informatino provided, as we no doubt both agree, it's about balance... the only time i eat tofu is when i get the awesome tao-wu-toord from my local takeaway, with chillie jam and dusted with garlic and shallots. add chips (lol, i'm british i cant help it) and frankly i'll need a bib to catch my drool

and as for my (and my boy's) lunch today, it's chickpea and veg stew, it's almost done, smells awesome and perfect for winter, yums! he aint a veggie, he wants to be (he's only six) but i feel he should make that choice when he's much older, not as he wants to be like dad etc. i feel that meat does have it's place, obvs, as i have been happy to work with *properly treated* livestock etc. i think it's quite normal for animals to kill and eat each other, despite humans being veggies way way back, i just choose not to for the usual reasons.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

yes please share your recipes

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your wish is my command.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Go take a look at your teeth in the mirror. Go ahead, i'll wait.

You get back to me when you figure it out.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Are you talking about humans having two canine teeth, the "vampire choppers"? Those are remnants of our earlier evolutionary selves, the same as we have two arms and legs (or four legs depending on how you name them) and every other part of our body. They came from earlier reptiles, amphibians, down the road to sponges and worms. We've got parts of all that. But the present machine, the human body, is designed to eat seeds and fruit and leaves. And Rice Dream.
edit on 10-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Your opinions are as valid as mine. You can play the holier than thou role as much as you want.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I do not eat meat with every meal or every day. I like to make it a treat to eat when my activity is high. If I am running around and working hard and need to add muscle I tend to some meat. If I am not as active due to weather or other issues that limit my activity I eat less meat and more greens and fruits and nuts.

Meat makes you acidic. It should be taken in small amounts and be grass fed and or organic fed animals. Antibiotics and hormones are very bad in most commercial meat products. It should be chased by a big salad to push the rotting meat out as soon as possible. Lots of enzymes if you eat meat. Helps your body to deal with it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Your opinions are as valid as mine. You can play the holier than thou role as much as you want.

Of course your opinions are as valid as mine or anyones - but you asked me about my teeth and to figure out what you meant. I took a guess. On this thread I'm on advocate for the vegetarian "side", that's all. By not eating animals I have a personal sense of "holier" than when I did eat animals And believe me, I loved eating meat! It was personal choice that took a long time to come to, so I'm one of those "born again" vegetarians/vegans who is a pain in the neck sometimes when the subject comes up on a thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

eat as much meat as you like dude, but have a think about those molars too... i'll wait.....

you get back to me... etc etc.... sigh, you know the routine

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
What do Veggies think about killing plants and eating them?

Plants are life too, and just because they don't move or make a sound doesn't mean they can't feel. I eat meat, fruit and veg, because that's what it is there for. Imagine what we would have evolved into if we didn't start eating meat, we would be like all the other grass eaters spending all our time on a field munching grass and pooing, we wouldn't have had the time to get smarter.

We would not be human if we never started eating meat.
edit on 13-3-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad
What do Veggies think about killing plants and eating them?

Plants are life too, and just because they don't move or make a sound doesn't mean they can't feel. I eat meat, fruit and veg, because that's what it is there for. Imagine what we would have evolved into if we didn't start eating meat, we would be like all the other grass eaters spending all our time on a field munching grass and pooing, we wouldn't have had the time to get smarter.

to say "thats what it's there for" is most debatable, things fulfil many purposes. before i go on i want to point out: yar, i am a veggie; i dont mind what you eat at all, though i hope you choose well and considerately reared meat; and i also work on an organic farm with livestock at times without feeling my immortal soul is in danger etc.

but we all keep our own standards. we could also eat our own dead, it's meat afterall - i've known roadkill enthusiasts (badger once tested for TB for example). just because it's there does not mean we have to eat it.

also, i like fields, and pooing is is quite nice, especially when you have time to read a newspaper, maybe have a cuppa and a ciggy at the same time.

we would have possibly evolved into great apes if we had not eaten a lot of meat (not the only evolutionary driving force imo - tool use was as important, as was moving from forest to plain and starting to stand up straighter, allowing the brain to cool and work more efficiently - it aint all about meat but thats another thread though). now without human to screw up their habitats etc, i reckon the life of a great ape would be bloody awesome

you could eat your pets when they die

infact you could get meat without ever going near a shop - i wish more people would

i could go on, but i'm bored and my lunch is calling my name

edit on 13-3-2013 by skalla because: typo, obvs

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

If we didn't eat meat, we wouldnt have had the spare time to figure out farming, writing ect. So you wouldn't have the newspaper or the brew, you wouldn't even have toilet roll, you would have to wipe it on your food source. You would just have the field and the pooing part.

I like being human, i wouldn't want to be a giant ape as they all got wiped out (bar the Gorilla). I am glad that we started eating meat, but it doesn't mean i agree with how animals get treated.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad
reply to post by skalla

If we didn't eat meat, we wouldnt have had the spare time to figure out farming, writing ect. So you wouldn't have the newspaper or the brew, you wouldn't even have toilet roll, you would have to wipe it on your food source. You would just have the field and the pooing part.

I like being human, i wouldn't want to be a giant ape as they all got wiped out (bar the Gorilla). I am glad that we started eating meat, but it doesn't mean i agree with how animals get treated.

i know all that, but i could just as easily wipe my arse on a tree or a big leaf while chewing on unwiped-on leaves while contemplating which lady ape has the nicest buns... i like being human too, there plenty i dont like being human though.

farming was not so great for humans either if we want to go that way - it reduced diversity in our diet, impacted on our health and damaged our bones and muscle structure due to the repetitive motions requuired for planting, harvesting and grinding corn. hunter-gatherers were much healthier which is well proven by archaeology. farming is where it starts to go wrong, with heirarchies, cities, social division etc etc etc. that does not even start to go into the road it led down for the planet, ecosystem etc etc

if i had the chance to go back in time, i'd take my chances in the pre farming meso/neolithic, i think it would be awesome, if a little bit edge of the seat. again though thats another thread - i've kinda rambled alot today

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join