It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians vs. meat-eaters: Standoff is over

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Actually, there is research that is exhaustive on the subject... read "The China Study" a 20 years research.
www.thechinastudy.com...

It shows that ANY animal protein is carcinogenic.

What amazed me was to read about lab rats given a high dose of carcinogenics. A 100% of those that ate a standard american diet proportion of protein (20% - from casein, found in cows milk) developped cancer and 0% of those given only 5% protein (same proportion as on a fruitarian diet - yes there is protein in fruits! That's how gorillas get so strong and muscular) did. The best part is that when they interchanged their diets. Rats changed from 20% to 5% diet suffered 35 to 40% fewer tumors and rats switched from 5% to 20% started to develop tumors.

So nutrition seems to switch tumors on and off.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Eating meat in my opinion is an act of bullying against animals. It is puts a big strain on our biosphere. We can feed a lot more people with less land on vegetables...

Okie dokie. Bullying animals? I don't really see that but everyone is allowed their opinion, however crazy it is.

You do realise that without the protein from meat man wouldn't have evolved into what he is now, don't you?

Protein = good

And yes I am well aware that there are other ways to get protein into one's diet, however i'd like to shorten my life, it means less time spent being demented, sharting myself and being a burden on my family and the state. Didn't think about that one, did you? Didn't think so.

I'm pretty sure vegetarians are also creating more methane, hence damaging our atmosphere.

Oh the standoff... feels like a Western doesn't it? LOL

T

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by vnmusic
I totally support eating veggies.

If you're Christian, then remember Genesis 1:29 ->
Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;

The bible didn't mention: "Meat shall be food for you", did it?

Most religions praise "thou shall not kill" mentality.

I'd like to be on God's side, so on the safe side, I will avoid involved with any kind of blood.

Isaiah 1:15 - New International Version (NIV):

When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
I am not listening.

Your hands are full of blood!

YES! the bible does mention eating meat...A LOT!. accusing Christians of not being Christian because of eating meat and coming at them with a Holier than thou approach, using the Bible as a reference.....you had better know your material first, instead of cherry picking the verses only YOU want to see.

.....and right from the same book you quoted from for starters..

Genesis 9:1-3: "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, now I give you everything."

Proverbs 12:27

"The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious."
--------

Luke 24:42-43, "And they gave him (Jesus) a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them."
------
Exodus 12:3,6,8,46 - God commanded each family in Israel to kill and eat a lamb for the Passover feast.
--------
Deuteronomy 12:15,20-22 - When Israelites offered animal sacrifices, they and/or the priests ate much of the meat. This was God's blessing to them. [15:19-23; 14:26; Num. 18:9,10; Ex. 29:32; Lev. 7:15; 8:31]
---------
Leviticus 11:2,3,9,21,46,47 - Under the law God forbade eating unclean animals, yet He expressly authorized the eating of many clean animals: mammals, fish, birds, and insects. [Deut. 14:4,6,9,11,20]
-------

1 Timothy 4

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.
-----

Colossians 2:16

Freedom From Human Rules
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

_________________ Pretty much sums it up doesn't it? Thre is so much more that I didn't even have the time to add. Challenge me and I will certainly give you more proof.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

You do realise that without the protein from meat man wouldn't have evolved into what he is now, don't you?

Yes, quite so. ATS is a forum which examines and praises the mark of this particular beast in all his glory. Yes, talk about the crown of creation.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Vegetarians who hold the belief that the humane slaughter of an animal for food is "animal abuse" yet support the slaughter of human babies through abortion need to understand their own hypocritical beliefs and analyse just who has influenced them and why.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
reply to post by purplemer

Besides, if we are labeled as 'meat eaters'.......then why did God make animals out of meat?

God made animals to be our friends. As a decent human, we just don't kill friends.

Ever heard of "As you sow so shall you reap" ?

Albert Einstein was a vegetarian towards the end of his life. Quotes from AE :

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." —Albert Einstein

"Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty." —Albert Einstein

edit on 21-3-2012 by vnmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
if god didn't want us to eat animals
then
WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

And why did he allow us to invent barbecue sauce?

Mmmmmm.......meatylicious!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A liver with some Fava Beans and a nice Chianti?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

Originally posted by torqpoc

Yes, quite so. ATS is a forum which examines and praises the mark of this particular beast in all his glory. Yes, talk about the crown of creation.

Oh the irony.... so you're mocking your own existence and ability to post on ATS.

*golf clap*

Back to the drawing board I think, don't you?

T

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Vegetarians vs. meat-eaters: Standoff is over

How does one person, armed with nothing more than an opinion that is held up by studies or polls, etc. that have been selected specifically to arrive at a preferred conclusion, proclaim an absolute?

We see it here all the time. Terms like 'case closed' or 'mystery solved' are applied as if there had been some world changing event and they are the sole purveyors of this new found gospel. In this instance, the term is 'standoff is over' as if there were some war being waged and now out of the blue, the great omnivorous masses are going walk away from their favorite cuts of meat and slurp alfalfa and pine nuts.

Then there is the fact that meat is the regular diet of a large number of species that are dedicated carnivores. The lion doesn't bully the gazelle, the bear doesn't bully the salmon, the eagle doesn't bully the prairie dog. They just feed upon them.

Personally, I really don't care what you choose to eat. It's your body, your life and your gullet. Judging someone on their food choices is also really quite shallow and undermines the hell out of any self-perceived superiority of the pious vegan over the lover of a ribeye steak.

Make that a 16-ouncer... medium rare with a baked potato and tossed salad, please

edit on 21-3-2012 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

So sorry. WRONG. 1 example - heard of Quinoa? Has the 9 amino acids required to make it a complete protein.

And if you think your caged chicken (I mean 6 week old chick injected with water and growth hormones mmm, nice) is a great source of protein, it's mainly water and fat. Chickens need to roam free to produce muscle.
Not to mention the low EFA's.

- What is she lacking?

- Wimpy veggie

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by vnmusic

Originally posted by Phenomium
reply to post by purplemer

Besides, if we are labeled as 'meat eaters'.......then why did God make animals out of meat?

God made animals to be our friends. As a decent human, we just don't kill friends.

Ever heard of "As you sow so shall you reap" ?

Albert Einstein was a vegetarian towards the end of his life. Quotes from AE :

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." —Albert Einstein

"Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty." —Albert Einstein

edit on 21-3-2012 by vnmusic because: (no reason given)

Great one. For a second i thought you might be serious, but then realized the sarcasm. "Animals are our friends". Ha. Tell that to the water moccasin that killed a kid around the corner or a grizzly who makes a meal out of a camper.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by barmyfluid

Tastes bloody lovely though. I would like to say i only eat free range but that would be a blatant lie - i eat what i can afford and if that happens to be battery chickens, so what? As is said, cooked properly, it still tastes bloody marvelous.

Seriously, what is wrong with all the food nazis? Why can't people eat what they like? Smoke or drink what they like? If someone likes snorting ground up brick dust or sprinkling powdered kitten on their chips what the hell does it have to do with anyone else?

My body, my life, i am the centre of my own universe. Therefore i am god in my own body and everyone else can p*** o**!

Right rant over. And sorry to barmyfluid, that wasn't aimed at you. Just generally to those that interfere.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I ain't buying it. For generations now we've been told one food or another is bad for us.
I think the truth is more likely to lie in combinations of foods, such as meat and potatoes or dairy and grains.

I've read a lot of stuff about eating a paleo diet in the last year and I would bet my health and well being on the research that has been done in this area. (In fact, I have).

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So like I said before on this thread, look to the conspiracies. Who benefits from the harm that meat eating does to the human body? Big pharma, medical corporations, the meat industry which makes enormous profits, individual doctors and surgeons, and all those elites who want to keep the populace sick, obese, and docile.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

The converse also holds true. Monsanto, benefits from all the cereal that is produced, all the big companies like nabisco, kellogs etc also gain.

Saying meat is bad just ups the value of gm food that purports to cure these latest ills.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
"Vegetarians vs. meat-eaters: Standoff is over"

I won't argue the practice of eating meat or abstaining, but I will take issue of this bold statement or decleration. I would suggest that nothing is over as long as two people exist on earth, and one being a vegan and the other a meateater. You have posted a title based on YOUR reading into the argument, and I believe it to be moderatly biased, if not totally biased.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
did anyone read the article lol?

says RED meat is bad but, fowl and fish are alright in small quantities

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by paradox
Meat is delicious

Meat is Murder

The universe is hostile,
So impersonal.
Devour to survive, so it is,
So it's always been.

that is not true, the universe is NOT hostile...

why would you say that?

everything is consciousness, life is about creation not destruction..

c'mon bro wake up, please

thanks God

thank You

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This argument was over, log ago...
:

"Guiltless Grill" (Maddox)

"I'll eat 3 animals for every 1 you do"

"Are you a Vegetarian A-hole?"

But, seriously... Gotta have my red meat every once in awhile, but certainly much less.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join