It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians vs. meat-eaters: Standoff is over

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Part of life is enjoying fine eating. If it cost me a few years off my life from eating meat so be it. Id rather have had a good life of eating, than a long life of eating garbage.

YOU da man!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

the main problem with such studies is that they never take into account:

that meat in industrialized societies is contaminated with hormones, toxins,etc.

oh wait, most veggies are too.

humans are omnivorous

oh and by the way many fruits and veggies are actually poisonous,[tomatoes and potatoes belong to the same family as the deadly nightshade [thanks, xoanon]] it's just that they all have antidotes that we all eat unawares

that said the western and especially US habit of eating meat every day is a result of advertising.
one should not eat more than 4 times a week and only once a day.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
factory farms, do you know what goes on there?

are you scared to see the truth?

do you know what is in/on your food?

do you think about the animal as it is killed?

do you know how it is killed?

does flesh taste good all by itself with no flavorings?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaching

I have friends that are vegetarians and I respect their ways. I have nothing against them and will eat the same type of food they are if we're eating at a restaurant most times. I actually can't be a vegetarian because of a blood disorder. But even If I didn't have the disorder I'd probably still eat meat.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

that meat in industrialized societies is contaminated with hormones, toxins,etc.

humans are omnivorous

oh and by the way many fruits and veggies are actually poisonous,[tomatoes and potatoes belong to the same family as the deadly nightshade [thanks, xoanon]] it's just that they all have antidotes that we all eat unawares

that said the western and especially US habit of eating meat every day is a result of advertising.

Humans are fruitarians actually

look into it and eventually you will find the truth

not that i am a fruitarian yet, but my wife and i have don our research and are nutritionists...

follow your intuition, fruitarian is the only totally peacfull diet as nothing is killed, also fruit has everything the Human body requires....also it is the highest vibration diet...

did you know people of inner earth are fruitarian?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
vegan diet cures cancer++other diseases
www.abovetopsecret.com...

plant foods have a complete amino acid composition....

plants do not carry the karma as animals, they do not carry fear into thier cells....

your body is your temple, you are what you eat...

i wish there was a word to wake you up...

i love you either way

i see the world i wish to experience, peace, abundance for all, pure air, food and water....joy, love, truth, celebrations, etc.etc.etc.

I understand what you are saying and it is brave of you to do so.
I have seen this work in real life - I need no proof.
When we eat the dead flesh of another sentient being the same parasites that break down flesh do not distinguish between your flesh and its original host
Believe what you will it is your choice
As we eat so we are eaten

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Red Meat makes you live longer, by the same study.

That's Right!

You're WRONG!

And just to show I'm not kidding...

Logic application by: Dukhalion

Let's do the math!

a) Let's assume we live to be 100 years old
b) The study took 26 years
c) They claim "a 20% higher chance of death during the study"
d) Each year brings us one year closer to death, 1 year = 1 percent of 100 years.

So, in 26 years the chance of dying should increase by 26 percent.
But according to the study it only increases by 20 percent.
Hooray, eating red meat makes You live longer.

Unless you are claiming red meat eaters were run over by a clown car while going for a hot dog at the circus...your argument is invalid.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Yeah to all of those things. I know what goes on, I have eaten raw hamburger. I've killed and cleaned animals. I don't try to waste any food. I respect the life that was given so I may eat. I also see more possibilities of getting food poisoning from a salad.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

humans are omnivorous

look into it and eventually you will find the truth

not that i am a fruitarian yet, but my wife and i have don our research and are nutritionists...

follow your intuition, fruitarian is the only totally peacfull diet as nothing is killed, also fruit has everything the Human body requires....also it is the highest vibration diet...

did you know people of inner earth are fruitarian?

If we weren't meant to eat meat, why do we have sharpened molars, and canines? If we weren't meant to eat meat, why do we have teeth built to tear meat, and not have completely flattened teeth like complete omnivores have?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Yes I do and it is sickening!

No, I even try and tell people.

I sure do, since I am very particular about my food. Oh, you mean the majority of the food found in stores? Yup that's why I don't eat it.

I do I have respect for all living things and appreciate it's sacrifice

I do I get my meat from family farms who care about their animals and are humanely put down. No fear.

Actually yes it does. I have never been big on flavoring my meat. If the animal was healthy, purely grass fed and experienced no fear at the time of death (you can taste the difference) then yes it does taste good.

If humans weren't meant to eat meat vegans would need to supplement things like B12. If you aren't getting everything you need from your diet you are doing it wrong.

If you only consumed fruit the sugar alone... not to mention all the other vitamins.

edit on 20-3-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That is all.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Has anyone done a study on the nutritional value of wild game/venison versus the hormone-laced (and God knows what else) red meat that you get at the walmarts?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Im surprised this has not been posted here yet

edit on 21-3-2012 by trig_grl because: wrong code in video

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Canned2na

Animals have the right to be tasty thats all - you say
OK - cheap joke - Show your disrespect for another beings life to make you feel good about you - your choice

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
id have to say that the study is far from over. did they happen to test people that ate natural meat without all the byproducts hormones and who knows what else they feed these animals in that industry. theres so many variables that nothing is definitive imo. ill continue to eat meat. btw i have a few freinds that decided to go vegan for a couple years, one is still a vegan but the other 2 now eat meat which there doctor prescribed to stop the health issues they were having. and the one friend who is still a vegan is sick almost every time i go over to her house and she looks horrible. yellow skin with tendons everywhere, sunk eyes with lotsa yellow in the whites of her eyes now, she just does not look healthy
edit on 21-3-2012 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
About 7 years ago I had a girlfriend who tried to convert me to being a vegan. I decided I would give it a shot. After 6 months of hardly ever enjoying my meals, I simply couldn't continue. Of course, that was the end of that relationship as well. She went off the handle and called me every insult you can think of because I decided I wanted to eat meat.

I do not see any purpose in not eating meat.

I do, however, see purpose in limiting the amount of red meat I eat. I tend to limit myself to a beef burger about twice a week and a steak about twice a month. That's my limit, by the way, which I hardly ever reach. Most of the meat I eat is poultry. Chicken and turkey.

Do I feel bad that these animals are killed for our food? No. No way do I feel bad for an animal that contributes anything to us BESIDES food. Well, maybe hauling power but with machines these days, that's obsolete. Do I disagree with the treatment of the animals? Maybe. Sometimes what may seem cruel is more humane than you would think. But deep down, I just don't care.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Canned2na

Animals have the right to be tasty thats all - you say
OK - cheap joke - Show your disrespect for another beings life to make you feel good about you - your choice

Plants are life as well, so even vegetarians are killing life for food.
2nd.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I like how the long statistical list of herbivore, omnivore and carnivore traights omit anything that might prove it wrong. For example: eyes facing foward to chase down prey: carnivore. Eyes on the sides of the head to maximize vision: herbivore. Humans? Hmm.. eyes in the front of the head.

Humans are descended from chimps.. apes.. which are certainly omnivores. Could humans learn to adapt and only eat veggies and survive healthily? Probably. But in the grand scheme of things, why is a plant life worth less than an animal life? Who are you or anyone to decide which is worth more?
edit on 21-3-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I have an observation to share. I do not eat a lot of meat besides chicken a few times a week, and occasionally fish when I am in the vicinity of my favorite Irish pub. I generally avoid red meat, but not really deliberately. I have some digestive issues that prevents me from digesting most cuts of beef. I can really only have beef tenderloin and good quality prime rib, and in small amounts. Anything else gives me trouble.

When I DO have beef tenderloin, I feel BETTER for a couple days after. Obviously I am lacking something in my diet that beef provides. Probably iron.

Also, I've always heard that a vegetarian's farts smell like freshly mown grass. Is that true?*

edit on 20-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: *that was a joke, for you slower-witted folks

Try organic grass fed beef I'll bet dollars to donuts you will have no problems with it! Yes your body is telling you that you need more meat/protein. Contrary to popular belief there is no "one" best way for humans to eat everyone is different and some body types need more meat and protein then others. And quite drinking homogenized milk and cheese try raw milk and cheese. And try organic sprouted grain breads instead of regular bleached flower and even whole grain breads.
edit on 21-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am an omnivore and I eat prime cuts of beef and I have not been sick in decades. Human beings were not put here just to eat veggies alone. You have incisors for a reason and I will not get into the evolution of our species to disprove someone's "theory".

Human beings=omnivores

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join