It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Vegetarians vs. meat-eaters: Standoff is over

page: 10
49
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have an observation to share. I do not eat a lot of meat besides chicken a few times a week, and occasionally fish when I am in the vicinity of my favorite Irish pub. I generally avoid red meat, but not really deliberately. I have some digestive issues that prevents me from digesting most cuts of beef. I can really only have beef tenderloin and good quality prime rib, and in small amounts. Anything else gives me trouble.

When I DO have beef tenderloin, I feel BETTER for a couple days after. Obviously I am lacking something in my diet that beef provides. Probably iron.


Also, I've always heard that a vegetarian's farts smell like freshly mown grass. Is that true?*



edit on 20-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: *that was a joke, for you slower-witted folks




posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
reply to post by purplemer
 


Who would want to live in world of old, dull, whiny, smug vegans anyway?


edit on 20-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: minor fix



Famous Vegans and Vegetarians
Vegans

Actors



■ Pamela Anderson
■ Casey Affleck
■ Gillian Anderson
■ Ed Begley, Jr.
■ Linda Blair
■ Margaret Cho
■ Jennifer Connelly
■ James Cromwell
■ Ted Danson
■ Portia De Rossi
■ Emily Deschanel

■ Andrew G
■ Daryl Hannah
■ Woody Harrelson
■ Alyssa Milano
■ Gabrielle Miller
■ Kevin Nealon
■ Joaquin Phoenix
■ River Phoenix
■ Summer Phoenix
■ Natalie Portman

■ Alicia Silverstone
■ Lynda Stoner
■ Billy West
■ Gretchen Wyler
■ Emily Deschanel
■ Mariana Peñalva


Authors
■ Haki R. Madhubuti
■ David Pearce
■ Dav Pilkey
■ Benjamin Zephaniah

Musicians

■ Andre 3000 (Hip Hop)
■ Bryan Adams (Rock)
■ Fiona Apple (singer)
■ Brian Bell (Weezer)
■ Cedric Bixler (The Mars Volta)
■ Sean Brennan (London After Midnight band)
■ Dan Briggs (musician with Between the Buried and Me)
■ Hunter Burgan (bassist of AFI)
■ Geezer Butler (bassist, lyricist and founding member of Black Sabbath
■ Greg Cipes (actor, singer, surfer)
■ Tim Commerford (bassist for Rage Against the Machine)
■ Common (Hip Hop artist)
■ Juli Crockett (lead singer of the alt-country band The Evangenitals) [2]
■ John Feldmann (Lead singer and guitarist of Goldfinger and producer) [1]
■ Michael Franti (Hip Hop artist)
■ Robin Gibb One of the three Bee Gees [3]
■ Ben Gibbard (lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie) [4]
■ John S. Hall (lead vocalist of King Missile) [5]
■ Davey Havok (lead singer of AFI) [6]
■ Chrissie Hynde (Rock musician with The Pretenders) [7]
■ Daniel Johns (Musician, lead singer of Australian rock band Silverchair) [2]
■ Kilbey (Rock musician/singer with The Church) [8]
■ Forrest Kline (lead singer of Hellogoodbye) [9]
■ Todd Kowalski (singer and bassist of Propagandhi) [10]
■ K.D. Lang (solo singer) [11]
■ Ted Leo (Punk Ted Leo and the Pharmacists)[12]
■ Dennis Lyxzén (Singer of The (International) Noise Conspiracy and formerly of Refused) [13]
■ Shirley Manson (Singer of Angelfish and (band)|Garbage)
■ Fred Mascherino Back Sunday) [14]
■ Tim McIlrath (Rise Against) [15]
■ Merzbow [16]
■ Fat Mike of (NOFX)
■ Moby (Electronic musician) [17]
■ Morrissey (British songwriter) [18]
■ Millard Mulch (Modern Composer) [19]

■ Mutabaruka (Jamaican dub poet) [20]
■ Bif Naked (Punk) [21]
■ Prince Rogers Nelson (Rock) [22]
■ 'O' from (Undercover Slut)
■ Sinéad O'Connor (Irish singer/songwriter)
■ Ocean (pop singer-songwriter-producer, environmental activist) [23]
■ Pearson (Vocalist/Bassist for Locust) [24]
■ Love (rapper in hip hop|underground hip hop collective, (band)|Hieroglyphics)
■ Promoe (Swedish hiphop musician) [25]
■ Richman (proto-punk singer/songwriter) [26]
■ Rikki Rockett (Drummer for [27]) [28]
■ Adam Russell (Bassist of of the Year) [29]
■ Justin Sane (Singer and Guitarist of Anti-Flag) [30]
■ Grace Slick (Rock musician with The Great Society, Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Starship) [31]
■ Stic.man (Hip Hop artist with Prez) [32]
■ Ember Swift (Canadian singer-songwriter) [33]
■ Shane Told (From Canadian post-hardcore band (band)|Silverstein) [34]
■ Shania Twain (music|country artist) [35]
■ Carrie Underwood (music|country artist)
■ Jaci Velasquez (Contemporary Christian and pop singer) [3]
■ Barry White (singer) [36]
■ Persia White [37]
■ "Weird Al" Yankovic [38]
■ Yorkston (Scottish folk musician) [39]
■ Sipa Baled Clone


Political figures
■ César Chávez (civil rights activist and co-founder of the National Farm Workers Association) [40]
■ Janez Drnovšek (former president of Slovenia) [41]
■ Cathy Jamieson (member of the Scottish Parliament) [4]
■ Coretta Scott King (civil rights leader) [42]
■ Dennis Kucinich (Democratic Congressman from Ohio, 2004 & 2008 presidential candidate) [43]
■ Kerry McCarthy (UK Member of Parliament) [44]
■ Markos Moulitsas (prominent US political blogger) [45]
■ Ingrid Newkirk (author and president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) [46]
■ Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (First Home Minister of India)
■ Peter Tatchell (human rights activist) [5]
■ Donald Watson (founder of the UK Vegan Society and coiner of the term "vegan") [47]
■ Bill Clinton (former President of the USA)

Athletes
■ Peter Brock (deceased Australian touring car driver)
■ Mac Danzig (professional mixed martial

etc etc



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Famous carnivores (actors, musicians, politicians, athletes):

EVERYONE ELSE.

Not enough time or space to type them all in.






edit on 20-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Famous carnivores (actors, musicians, politicians, athletes):

EVERYONE ELSE.

Not enough time or space to type them all in.






edit on 20-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)


yep True enough - Notice Hitler was a vegetarian so go figure
edit on 20-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by voyagerboy
 

...most are based on the soya bean.
That bean is the most GMO messed with bean on the planet,and even in its organic state is recognised by the human body as a "pseudo oestrogen"


Thanks for the information- I guess! One more thing for me to worry about! Meanwhile I have one of these meat substitute/ estrogen patties packed for lunch tomorrow!


VB



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyagerboy

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by voyagerboy
 

...most are based on the soya bean.
That bean is the most GMO messed with bean on the planet,and even in its organic state is recognised by the human body as a "pseudo oestrogen"


Thanks for the information- I guess! One more thing for me to worry about! Meanwhile I have one of these meat substitute/ estrogen patties packed for lunch tomorrow!


VB

Some soya products are gm free - it may say on the pack.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
People are going to eat what tastes good to them..Its the processed garbage/toxic foods and unnecessary drugs we should really be concerned with..just have a gander at this documentary




youtu.be...



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
The problem is more the mass production corporate model that uses hormones antibiotics and chemical because they do not raise the animals on their natural foods like grasses but on GMO grains and in unsanitary conditions that causes disease so they need more antibiotics and chemicals etc.


I totally agree with this. Intensive livestock production is one the banes of our society ... the faster that we move away from it the faster we move away from dependence on the corporate world ... it all begins in the kitchen!



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer



Until recently, due to the lack of quality statistical studies, too great of a role in the great debate between vegetarians and meat eaters was played by a rhetorical component. A large-scale study involving 120,000 people showed that consumption of red meat significantly reduces life expectancy. The position of v


www.trueactivist.com...

Studies like this are well overdue. It has long been the common consensus among vegetarians that its more healthy not to eat meat but evidence was scant.

Eating meat in my opinion is an act of bullying against animals. It is puts a big strain on our biosphere. We can feed a lot more people with less land on vegetables...

Maybe one day you will get labels on meat products like you do on cigarettes... Warning may cause cancer..


Simple answer to a simple discussion:
If we weren't meant to eat meat, we wouldn't have sharpened teeth.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horza

Originally posted by hawkiye
The problem is more the mass production corporate model that uses hormones antibiotics and chemical because they do not raise the animals on their natural foods like grasses but on GMO grains and in unsanitary conditions that causes disease so they need more antibiotics and chemicals etc.


I totally agree with this. Intensive livestock production is one the banes of our society ... the faster that we move away from it the faster we move away from dependence on the corporate world ... it all begins in the kitchen!


Remember Mad Cow disease and the cause being - Cows fed with the spinal chord of other cows in the mix.
I know - Hard to believe as Cows are herbivores - Lets get back to a more natural way - The food Industry is insane.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
reply to post by purplemer
 


Who would want to live in world of old, dull, whiny, smug vegans anyway?


edit on 20-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: minor fix



Famous Vegans and Vegetarians
Vegans

Actors



■ Pamela Anderson
■ Casey Affleck
■ Gillian Anderson
■ Ed Begley, Jr.
■ Linda Blair
■ Margaret Cho
■ Jennifer Connelly
■ James Cromwell
■ Ted Danson
■ Portia De Rossi
■ Emily Deschanel

■ Andrew G
■ Daryl Hannah
■ Woody Harrelson
■ Alyssa Milano
■ Gabrielle Miller
■ Kevin Nealon
■ Joaquin Phoenix
■ River Phoenix
■ Summer Phoenix
■ Natalie Portman

■ Alicia Silverstone
■ Lynda Stoner
■ Billy West
■ Gretchen Wyler
■ Emily Deschanel
■ Mariana Peñalva


Authors
■ Haki R. Madhubuti
■ David Pearce
■ Dav Pilkey
■ Benjamin Zephaniah

Musicians

■ Andre 3000 (Hip Hop)
■ Bryan Adams (Rock)
■ Fiona Apple (singer)
■ Brian Bell (Weezer)
■ Cedric Bixler (The Mars Volta)
■ Sean Brennan (London After Midnight band)
■ Dan Briggs (musician with Between the Buried and Me)
■ Hunter Burgan (bassist of AFI)
■ Geezer Butler (bassist, lyricist and founding member of Black Sabbath
■ Greg Cipes (actor, singer, surfer)
■ Tim Commerford (bassist for Rage Against the Machine)
■ Common (Hip Hop artist)
■ Juli Crockett (lead singer of the alt-country band The Evangenitals) [2]
■ John Feldmann (Lead singer and guitarist of Goldfinger and producer) [1]
■ Michael Franti (Hip Hop artist)
■ Robin Gibb One of the three Bee Gees [3]
■ Ben Gibbard (lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie) [4]
■ John S. Hall (lead vocalist of King Missile) [5]
■ Davey Havok (lead singer of AFI) [6]
■ Chrissie Hynde (Rock musician with The Pretenders) [7]
■ Daniel Johns (Musician, lead singer of Australian rock band Silverchair) [2]
■ Kilbey (Rock musician/singer with The Church) [8]
■ Forrest Kline (lead singer of Hellogoodbye) [9]
■ Todd Kowalski (singer and bassist of Propagandhi) [10]
■ K.D. Lang (solo singer) [11]
■ Ted Leo (Punk Ted Leo and the Pharmacists)[12]
■ Dennis Lyxzén (Singer of The (International) Noise Conspiracy and formerly of Refused) [13]
■ Shirley Manson (Singer of Angelfish and (band)|Garbage)
■ Fred Mascherino Back Sunday) [14]
■ Tim McIlrath (Rise Against) [15]
■ Merzbow [16]
■ Fat Mike of (NOFX)
■ Moby (Electronic musician) [17]
■ Morrissey (British songwriter) [18]
■ Millard Mulch (Modern Composer) [19]

■ Mutabaruka (Jamaican dub poet) [20]
■ Bif Naked (Punk) [21]
■ Prince Rogers Nelson (Rock) [22]
■ 'O' from (Undercover Slut)
■ Sinéad O'Connor (Irish singer/songwriter)
■ Ocean (pop singer-songwriter-producer, environmental activist) [23]
■ Pearson (Vocalist/Bassist for Locust) [24]
■ Love (rapper in hip hop|underground hip hop collective, (band)|Hieroglyphics)
■ Promoe (Swedish hiphop musician) [25]
■ Richman (proto-punk singer/songwriter) [26]
■ Rikki Rockett (Drummer for [27]) [28]
■ Adam Russell (Bassist of of the Year) [29]
■ Justin Sane (Singer and Guitarist of Anti-Flag) [30]
■ Grace Slick (Rock musician with The Great Society, Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Starship) [31]
■ Stic.man (Hip Hop artist with Prez) [32]
■ Ember Swift (Canadian singer-songwriter) [33]
■ Shane Told (From Canadian post-hardcore band (band)|Silverstein) [34]
■ Shania Twain (music|country artist) [35]
■ Carrie Underwood (music|country artist)
■ Jaci Velasquez (Contemporary Christian and pop singer) [3]
■ Barry White (singer) [36]
■ Persia White [37]
■ "Weird Al" Yankovic [38]
■ Yorkston (Scottish folk musician) [39]
■ Sipa Baled Clone


Political figures
■ César Chávez (civil rights activist and co-founder of the National Farm Workers Association) [40]
■ Janez Drnovšek (former president of Slovenia) [41]
■ Cathy Jamieson (member of the Scottish Parliament) [4]
■ Coretta Scott King (civil rights leader) [42]
■ Dennis Kucinich (Democratic Congressman from Ohio, 2004 & 2008 presidential candidate) [43]
■ Kerry McCarthy (UK Member of Parliament) [44]
■ Markos Moulitsas (prominent US political blogger) [45]
■ Ingrid Newkirk (author and president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) [46]
■ Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (First Home Minister of India)
■ Peter Tatchell (human rights activist) [5]
■ Donald Watson (founder of the UK Vegan Society and coiner of the term "vegan") [47]
■ Bill Clinton (former President of the USA)

Athletes
■ Peter Brock (deceased Australian touring car driver)
■ Mac Danzig (professional mixed martial

etc etc

Thank you for proving my point!



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I must have been living under a great big rock because i didnt realise there was any sort of stand off! One thing is for sure though, i dont need anyone to tell me how to live my life, I will make my own decisions. Everyone has their right to free speech, that i welcome. Preaching on the other hand.........

Call me an 'animal basher' or whatever, I raise my own sheep for meat. I do my own slaughtering and butchering at home. My life, my land, my choice. My animals have a bloody terrific life, are looked after far better then alot of people look after their own kids, are fed no hormones, and in the end are dispatched of as quickly and as humanely as possible. I also grow majority of my own fruit and veg within the same fence lines. This is my choice to do so and i hold the right to do so.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I actually haven't eaten meat from the store for years. I do not agree that it is bulling animals. That is what they are raised for. But we have ours raised. I've been to the slaughter house. I know what goes into butchering of MY meat. I'm ok with that. I also raise my own veggies. I can everything.
If you want to be a vegan, I am fine with that. Just don't try to lecture me about where my meat comes from and all that. I actually know, from calf to table.


I find it odd that the people who do not care what an animal goes through or feels to become your meal, will go to a zoo or a petting zoo and fondle and coo at the animals and talk of caring and how sweet and cute and how much you love them. Same with your dog, and cats don't want anyone raising them for food. Double standard about what Animals are "for".

When a meat eater sees and animal in pain and suffering they all with publicity jump in and heroically help save the creature in pain, so later they can take it's brother as a chopped up steak, that suffered far more terror and pain.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant
 


Sorry what was your point?



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I try only to eat meat of vegetarian animals. I'm not fond of the taste of omnivores or carnivores meat. I'm not the only person like that, most meat-eaters are. If the SHTF for too long you better remember this fact vegetarians.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by ZiggyStardust
honestly i think meat eaters have guilt. every discussion i see about meat diet vs veg diet it's the meat eaters getting angry and defensive. i went vegetarian 3 years ago and at the time everyone tried to convince me how stupid and unhealthy it was. since then i have had several people tell me they were wrong and that they have since discovered that a vegetarian diet is actually very beneficial. there are videos of people on raw vegan diets that are 70 years old and look like they are 40 and have no health problems. that says a lot right there.


No guilt. You want to eat veg? Great.

More meat for me.

Just don't try to pry it from my cold, greasy, (BBQ'd) hands!

Are you at least unafraid to watch the videos of the suffering animals that are crammed into trucks and so scared they can't move, screaming from fear at the smell of blood all around as they are grabbed by meat hooks while alive and put through torture no creature should ever have to endure? Nothing TASTES THAT GOOD!



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
.Also, I've always heard that a vegetarian's farts smell like freshly mown grass. Is that true?*

edit on 20-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: *that was a joke, for you slower-witted folks


As true as meat eaters farts smelling like rotting flesh I guess but who knows
Do a nose test



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have been a vegetarian for 35 years. My children, now teenagers who are taller than me, were raised vegetarian from birth.

It is possible to live a full and healthy life without consuming the flesh of other sentient beings. They feel fear. They feel pain.

I am far from a morally perfect person but unnecessarily taking the life of another being who has as much right to life as the rest of us is just wrong. It's murder, plain and simple.

I think people are unkind to vegetarians because deep down every single one of us knows this. Go on now: hate away.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
vegan diet cures cancer++other diseases
www.abovetopsecret.com...



plant foods have a complete amino acid composition....


plants do not carry the karma as animals, they do not carry fear into thier cells....


your body is your temple, you are what you eat...


i wish there was a word to wake you up...




i love you either way



i see the world i wish to experience, peace, abundance for all, pure air, food and water....joy, love, truth, celebrations, etc.etc.etc.



posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Part of life is enjoying fine eating. If it cost me a few years off my life from eating meat so be it. Id rather have had a good life of eating, than a long life of eating garbage.



new topics

top topics



 
49
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join