It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

Originally posted by paradox
God is a myth.

You are a myth too.

Here is the definition, since you seem to be having some trouble.

myth
noun \ˈmith\
Definition of MYTH
a : a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon b : parable, allegory
a : a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

Apparently you did not read the definitions.

PS, might want to learn some manners bud.

edit on 3-30-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

So I can be a chicken and passively aggressively call someone a moron without saying moron, but I can't be blunt and open and honest.

And you need to learn some manners. Coming on here saying God is a myth as if you know the truth while no one else does.

And we are all myths based around the idea of a virtual world, the internet.

Myth

a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.
stories or matter of this kind: realm of myth.
any invented story, idea, or concept: His account of the event is pure myth.
an imaginary or fictitious thing or person.
an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

---You are an imaginary person, for all I know. ESADA. There, I can be passively aggressive as well and the mods will allow it. Don't dare say whats on your mind. This site sucks. There I said it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Coming on here saying God is a myth as if you know the truth while no one else does.

It is the truth.

If you have any facts proving otherwise, please lay them on me so I can recant my statement.

Somehow I have a strange feeling this is not going to happen.
edit on 3-31-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

---You are an imaginary person, for all I know.

That is an extremely pathetic argument, sir (or ma'am). Some would call that a "straw man argument."

If you are here conversing with an "imaginary person," then I'm afraid you have more to worry about than just the belief in a myth.

At least you are trying, though.

This site sucks. There I said it.

Oh, I'm sure many here would be crushed if you were to take a leave of absence. Please don't break our hearts.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

God exists because truth is not a lie...

good as reason as any I suppose?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

But absent proof, your "truth" may all really be nothing but an intricate lie.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

But absent proof, your "truth" may all really be nothing but an intricate lie.

actually I know my place... I am free and I am content wrapped in Lady Liberty's arms.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

actually I know my place... I am free and I am content wrapped in Lady Liberty's arms.

You're free to enjoy that liberty because countless patriots have sacrificed their lives to protect your rights. You can pray to your god because they've fought for your right to freely worship/not worship as you choose. Both religious and non-religious sides should be respected.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

---You are an imaginary person, for all I know.

That is an extremely pathetic argument, sir (or ma'am). Some would call that a "straw man argument."

If you are here conversing with an "imaginary person," then I'm afraid you have more to worry about than just the belief in a myth.

At least you are trying, though.

This site sucks. There I said it.

Oh, I'm sure many here would be crushed if you were to take a leave of absence. Please don't break our hearts.

I wouldn't give you the pleasure. And I fail to see how my comment was removed, and your 1 liner was not removed. "God is a myth" is a one liner and contributes NOTHING to the conversation, so I am sure your leave of absence will not break any hearts either.

As for my evidence that God exists, I have it. But its not for you to see. Just myself. Find your own evidence, and stop trying to making everyone else miserable because your life sucks.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I wouldn't give you the pleasure. And I fail to see how my comment was removed, and your 1 liner was not removed. "God is a myth" is a one liner and contributes NOTHING to the conversation, so I am sure your leave of absence will not break any hearts either.

It contributes my opinion, which just so happens to be true. Why are you still whining? I see I have upset you

As for my evidence that God exists, I have it. But its not for you to see. Just myself. Find your own evidence, and stop trying to making everyone else miserable because your life sucks.

LOL of course, of course!
AKA you don't have evidence, but don't want to look ridiculous admitting it after taking such a militant, immature stance against the fact that god is a myth!

Don't flatter yourself, I wouldn't try to make your life miserable over the internet

Is that a little bit of psychological projection I sense? Only someone who hates their own life would tell someone else that they hate theirs! I love my life, and I don't need 'god' to love it!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

. . . the fact that god is a myth!
The fact that there are myths based on different people's idea of what God is
does not somehow make the existence of God a non-reality.

I love my life, and I don't need 'god' to love it!
The desire to be pleasing to whatever individuals think of as god, is the bases for a lot of past cultures and they did pretty well as long as they held to those beliefs. Christianity, for example sets the standard of what God desires from a person higher than they see themselves ever achieving, and so it precludes people ever being satisfied with their self achievements, and are always striving to be just a little bit better. This sort of attitude is what I think is what is needed to save the world. God is the giver of rewards, and what makes it all worthwhile in the end, giving us the gift of a new life in the wold beyond this life and death scenario we find ourselves currently in.
edit on 31-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You're free to enjoy that liberty because countless patriots have sacrificed their lives to protect your rights. You can pray to your god because they've fought for your right to freely worship/not worship as you choose. Both religious and non-religious sides should be respected.

I have the utmost respect for the United States Military... those young men and women sometimes do not even know what they are fighting for.

but it is for their own freedom too... and hopefully some of them who come back lost realize this at some point.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It contributes my opinion, which just so happens to be true. Why are you still whining? I see I have upset you

LOL of course, of course!
AKA you don't have evidence, but don't want to look ridiculous admitting it after taking such a militant, immature stance against the fact that god is a myth!

Don't flatter yourself, I wouldn't try to make your life miserable over the internet

Is that a little bit of psychological projection I sense? Only someone who hates their own life would tell someone else that they hate theirs! I love my life, and I don't need 'god' to love it!

No, I do have evidence. And I love my life. And your speculations and senses are way off I'm surprised your still on this planet. As for upsetting me, you wish you upset me I can see this. Truth is, you didn't. Why would I waste the energy on you? You have wasted enough time on me, and seem to only attack my posts.

You don't want to believe in God, fine. I can't change your mind, no one can. It is up to you to look at the evidence. And all you have is "God is a myth". Which contributed nothing to the thread, just someone putting in their two cents in four short words.

My evidence of God looks at me every day, hugs me, kisses me, calls me daddy, and depends on me just as I depend on God to provide for me. Has God provided for me? Absolutely. The evidence of God is in all creation, in every life form, in every star, planet, water drop, etc. Your choice to be blind to all the good in the world is your choice alone. The evidence of God mounts up against the lack of evidence. In fact, without God, everything would be dark, null, and void. You can thank Him for your chance to ridicule strangers on the internet, because without Him life would cease to exist.

When I hear of hate, war, murder, adultery, corruption, stealing, pedophilia, rape, and so much more, I can come home from all that and see my beautiful family and all the good that happens around the world amidst the chaos and evil and I just know that God exists, because without God, the evil would completely take over. When its good vs evil, the good will prevail with God's intervention, because good people do not want to do bad, but bad people do NOT care!! Notice the world isn't blown up, destroyed, or completely unlivable. This takes divine intervention from a higher being, because if it was up to the leaders of the world we would be imprisoned and used as cattle.

Your choice, the winning side or the losing side. Looks like you made your choice, and in your poorly made decision you decide to put on the table "God is a myth" to sway others. I have been more than positive in everything I have said. I have been constructive, while you sir, have been destructive. Good luck in your future endeavors..

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

No, I do have evidence. And I love my life. And your speculations and senses are way off I'm surprised your still on this planet. As for upsetting me, you wish you upset me I can see this. Truth is, you didn't. Why would I waste the energy on you? You have wasted enough time on me, and seem to only attack my posts.

You don't want to believe in God, fine. I can't change your mind, no one can. It is up to you to look at the evidence. And all you have is "God is a myth". Which contributed nothing to the thread, just someone putting in their two cents in four short words.

My evidence of God looks at me every day, hugs me, kisses me, calls me daddy, and depends on me just as I depend on God to provide for me. Has God provided for me? Absolutely. The evidence of God is in all creation, in every life form, in every star, planet, water drop, etc. Your choice to be blind to all the good in the world is your choice alone. The evidence of God mounts up against the lack of evidence. In fact, without God, everything would be dark, null, and void. You can thank Him for your chance to ridicule strangers on the internet, because without Him life would cease to exist.

When I hear of hate, war, murder, adultery, corruption, stealing, pedophilia, rape, and so much more, I can come home from all that and see my beautiful family and all the good that happens around the world amidst the chaos and evil and I just know that God exists, because without God, the evil would completely take over. When its good vs evil, the good will prevail with God's intervention, because good people do not want to do bad, but bad people do NOT care!! Notice the world isn't blown up, destroyed, or completely unlivable. This takes divine intervention from a higher being, because if it was up to the leaders of the world we would be imprisoned and used as cattle.

Your choice, the winning side or the losing side. Looks like you made your choice, and in your poorly made decision you decide to put on the table "God is a myth" to sway others. I have been more than positive in everything I have said. I have been constructive, while you sir, have been destructive. Good luck in your future endeavors..

While positive experiences are certainly wonderful, it's not proof of anything. There is nothing tangible to support the existence of god. It's nothing but blind belief.

Efforts have been made in this thread to paint non-believers as evil and heartless people. In actuality many of us are probably better examples of what being a true Christian should be like, choosing to live by positive example, denying destructive behavior, and showing true love and compassion for ALL humans completely free of religious prejudices and bias.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

While positive experiences are certainly wonderful, it's not proof of anything. There is nothing tangible to support the existence of god. It's nothing but blind belief.

Efforts have been made in this thread to paint non-believers as evil and heartless people. In actuality many of us are probably better examples of what being a true Christian should be like, choosing to live by positive example, denying destructive behavior, and showing true love and compassion for ALL humans completely free of religious prejudices and bias.

Less evidence has been used to convict people to life in prison. I think I have enough evidence for myself to prove (to ME) that God does exist. What kind of evidence would you all like? A tape recording of God? A picture of God creating the Earth and Heavens? It is a blind faith, as God intended it to be.

And if it is, by definition (truly lousy definitions you gave me paradox, there was more than where you cut off at) a myth, in 2000 years you will be on the same page. A myth. By definition, everything that can't be proven here and now is a myth. Much like those that say the holocaust is a myth, atlantis is a myth, or the revolutionary war being a myth. Many will disagree those events are not myths, but there are some that change it from fact to opinion by stating it was (those events) a myth.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Less evidence has been used to convict people to life in prison. I think I have enough evidence for myself to prove (to ME) that God does exist. What kind of evidence would you all like? A tape recording of God? A picture of God creating the Earth and Heavens? It is a blind faith, as God intended it to be.

And if it is, by definition (truly lousy definitions you gave me paradox, there was more than where you cut off at) a myth, in 2000 years you will be on the same page. A myth. By definition, everything that can't be proven here and now is a myth. Much like those that say the holocaust is a myth, atlantis is a myth, or the revolutionary war being a myth. Many will disagree those events are not myths, but there are some that change it from fact to opinion by stating it was (those events) a myth.

All that matters is what you find true within yourself. If you're happy with your beliefs, it's nobody elses place to dictate otherwise.

That being said, while you have enough evidence to support your beliefs, I lack sufficient evidence to convince me that god exists. The debate can continue, but absent new earth shattering evidence proving things either way, I doubt that the participants in this thread will ever completely agree.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

God exists because you exist. Is that good enough for you?

It's good enough for me.

edit on 31-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

As for upsetting me, you wish you upset me I can see this. Truth is, you didn't.

I wish? Keep in mind, you responded to my post with ad hominem insults!
One does not call someone a 'moron' unless they are upset

Why would I waste the energy on you? You have wasted enough time on me, and seem to only attack my posts.

I don't know, why are you? It seems you like to ridicule others for pointing out facts.
And once again, you chose to respond to my post. As a bully, you can not also be the victim.

There is absolutely no evidence, and God is a myth, as I proved with definitions. It is not my problem if you choose to remain ignorant to the definition of words.

So because life exists, God must exist. Because you have a kid, God exists.
Sorry, but that's some really lousy 'evidence,' because it has not proved a single thing.

God is still a myth.

More religious blabber proving absolutely nothing.

You're right, insulting others and calling them a moron for pointing out your obvious misuse of a word and failure to understand definitions is destructive.

Asking for proof of assertive claims which you so militantly defend, by once again, ad hominem insults, must be destructive as well.

I choose not to believe in fairy tales.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join