It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Maybe the majority of humanity is theistic minded for a reason... That reason being because everyone has been given a conscience at birth, and thus it only being natural to believe in some type of creator, making atheism an illogical and irrational choice.
edit on 28-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

Originally posted by satron
reply to post by ~Vixen~

It's also a good practice in discussion to not act like you know the truth regarding the existence of God, right?

I have my truth, which is solidly based on my personal experiences and beliefs.

In my opinion lack of tangible and verifiable evidence is sufficient proof of non-existence. The burden of proof seems to be in proving gods existence with no evidence to back up his existence.

Ultimately, I'm not out to convert anyone from their theistic beliefs to atheism. I have nothing to lose.

Yes but you can't say it's true, like you have proof that it is so. In that case, you're just like people that say, "The Earth was created in 6,000 years"

It's really no different.

If you really want a better discussion, you're going to have to come to terms with that.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

it's for us to derive some satisfaction in knowing where they are going
Each and every soul have the right and must be saved and the so called "atheist" are the first that need that.

The first step in getting someone to listen to you and open their mind to your ideas is by showing respect for their views and ideas.

I have no respect for evil, it doesn't want to learn... it is unjust.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
God exists because You exist, God exists because I exist, God exists because it exists, God exists

Get it, got it? Good.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
God exists because You exist, God exists because I exist, God exists because it exists, God exists

Get it, got it? Good.

exactly!

this is the great stuff on ats imo... and there is obviously more good in the world otherwise it wouldn't be here at all.
edit on 28-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Get it, got it? Good.

That doesn't really make sense, I think if God seen that he'd *facepalm*

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Maybe the majority of humanity is theistic minded for a reason... That reason being because everyone has been given a conscience at birth, and thus it only being natural to believe in some type of creator, making atheism an illogical and irrational choice
very much so... it is age related though in the majority of their minority (I have experience in this first hand growing up on Metallica's bible) But in turn I have to say they gave me the curiosity... there is plenty of theistic influence in both Iron Maiden and Metallica.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

He already did see it, and he didn't facepalm. He clapped for me. It's not our fault you fail to recognize the truth in what I said.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Get it, got it? Good.

That doesn't really make sense, I think if God seen that he'd *facepalm*

you are living proof that only the light gives rise to life. (consciousness)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Are you guys posting just to post?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Are you guys posting just to post?

even everything Sagan knew was influenced by theism... I wonder what was his crutch?

thinking he had it all figured out through science maybe...

but there is more to life than just science (see signature)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Oh, so I'm evil now?

Evil is believing in something false. Evil is destroying another persons hopes and dreams. Evil is depriving a person of those things that make us happy. If your "god" exists, he's the most evil thing that I've ever encountered and I have no desire to follow any of his religions that exist to bring about war, hate, misery and death. NONE

If a all loving and all powerful god existed, there wouldn't be any reason for the world to be in the shape it's in. It would be within his power to reign in everlasting happiness without requiring blind allegiance under penalty of eternal damnation and suffering. A caring god wouldn't allow someone like me to be a doctor, then rip my 3 month old daughter from my life. He wouldn't allow me to find a man that truly was the center of my life, then take him from my life at an early age. A loving god wouldn't allow me to dedicate myself to a life of saving HUNDREDS of lives, then take the lives of those most dear to me. A loving god wouldn't empower me with the surgical skills to save lives, then afflict me with incurable Parkinson's disease thus negating my ability to do good for society. I've suffered miserably at the hands of you "all loving, all knowing and all power god." If this is my reward for doing good in the world, then I don't want anything more to do with him.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I believe I was generalizing the whole of it... I don't think I said specifically you.

I'm generalizing evil as a disease.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Oh, so I'm evil now?

Evil is believing in something false. Evil is destroying another persons hopes and dreams. Evil is depriving a person of those things that make us happy.

there is no truth in a lie, it goes against life... and I will not encourage it.

I don't think so, it would be a lie to have some...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Here are some relevant verses from Mark and Matthew -

And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

The sower soweth the word.

And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 12:35-45 and Mark 4:10-20.

And last but not least, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.” 1 Timothy 2:5-6

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
the spear of destiny is the only proof that christianity exists, but wiki is so difficult to type. the light. is it dim?
i could have sworn the truth was known by now.
who will place the pearls in the gates.
me

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
God is a myth.

You are a myth too.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

on a more serious, logical side note...you have yet to provide any proof of the existence of your said "god".
I am sorry, logic and God doesn't go together,I think.

Sure they do...because IF GOD exists and is truly the source of THE ALL...then everything goes with GOD and GOD goes with everything.

I think that is logic.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

But in turn I have to say they gave me the curiosity... there is plenty of theistic influence in both Iron Maiden and Metallica.

Indeed! And not just them but ALL music...at least what I listen to...mostly called 'satanic music' by the churchians who never listen to humanity but only to the inner tare...

Music is my religion...Jimi is the high priest!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

Originally posted by paradox
God is a myth.

You are a myth too.

And in another 1 or 2 thousand years...we'll ALL be myths...and legends...some of us will, anyway...if we do 'exploits!'

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join