It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX
I'm afraid you're mixing what isn't needed. Allah is the creator, God. He sends down the Lightning, and commands it what he wills. You're saying that because Allah sends down the lightning, that the physics that explains it is null and void, all because of the fact that it was mentioned that Allah brought it down. A statement that is impulsively said.
So what you believe is lightning can be both something that naturally occurs, or something that Allah sends down? If so, how do you differentiate which is natural and which is supernatural?

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX
Also, there is another Quranic quote in a previous post of mine mentioning about the cloud's scientific attribute, if you missed it. And I'm curious as to what you think about how these proofs that were mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago were available to the people, when only recently these things were discovered?

Some people believe they got their information from Greek philosophers.

www.infidels.org...

The Hindus spoke about the rain cycle in 3000 B.C.
www.eoearth.org...(scientific_discipline)?topic=49537

"The beginnings of meteorology in India can be traced back to ancient times. In fact, early philosophical writings of the 3000 B.C. era, such as the Upanishads (philosophical texts considered to be the source of the Hindu religion), contain serious discussion about the processes of cloud formation and rain and the seasonal cycles caused by the movement of Earth around the Sun.[5]"

So, these things had been discussed for millenia before the Koran was written.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Explain to me how there is many right ways to do what Scripture teaches us? Like for example, how can you come to the Heavenly Father for one? How many ways can you do this? To my understanding, there is only 1 way, the Messiah.

Or how about forgiveness. How many ways can you obtain forgiveness from the Father? From what I have read and believe, there is only 1 way you will obtain it, by repentance. Grace allows us to be forgiven, but if you do not repent, you get NO SALVATION.

There are other examples but you will get the point. Im not talking about right ways to drive a car, skin a deer, or write a letter. Im speaking about the right way to be saved, to believe, to give, to love, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

This is the sort of thing I had in mind when I wrote my post in reply to your claim as being apparently the only person who will be saved:

Just to clarify, 'God' is actually a title for Satan, just to be clear. Our Creator does exist, and His Name is Yahuwah. And "Jesus" is a pagan hybrid name of Zeus and Jupiter. Our Messiah is Yahuwshuwah, a Hebrew.
This is really tribalistic, and to me is an obstruction, not a pathway.
God is called God for a reason, and that is to get away from the narrow definition which is a product of mythology geared towards a late Bronze Age mentality. The terminology of the New Testament is geared towards the modern age. Your mentality is best left in the past, and has no place in current reality.
edit on 23-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The past is when all these stories are purported to have taken place. I think christians should start stoning people again or shut up.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

a Creator exist because of the overwhelming "Majority" of theist on the planet.

make it so...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
the atheist are to facilitate the job of the scientist and prove it!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

God loves us ever so...that he created a place like hell? something doesn't add up.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ignorance to knowledge
Adolescent to mature
overnight
Dreams to reality
Youth to old age
all too soon

Why can't I save you
from the pain of growing up,
the pressures of your peers
Why can't I help you
fight the evils of the world
the sins of casual pleasure

-John Brenner

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrioticPony

If you took the time to read your Bible you would see that hell does not exist. Everything will be destroyed but the good. There is no party place in hell. You won't see you friends. It's a containment for the 1000 years of binding the devil and the false prophet and than letting them loose for a little season and destroying them. God is not going to torture the evil. He is going to destroy them. Why keep a waste of energy? God is love and great, it is our knowledge that keeps us from Him. We ALL fall short the glory of God, and the only way to Him is through Jesus. Jesus is the bridge, and no one comes to Father without going through Him. It's repentance and salvation. It's following the ten commandments, which four are for loving God, and six are for loving EACH OTHER!

We fell from God, we have knowledge. Now we are all egotistical arses and believe we are right. I think I'm right. You think your right. He thinks he is right. In the long run, together, collectively, we are all WRONG! Only God is right, and He will tell you what is right. He is trying to tell you what is right.

The laws of God are terms every man, woman, and child can live by. Don't Kill. Don't Steal. Don't worship other Gods or idols (Mary, Jesus, crosses, christmas, fanaticism... all these are idols if you worship them). Don't commit adultery.

It's black and white. Truth or lies. Looking beyond that is because of your curiosity, and no, we won't stone you for that.

Everyone has until their dying breath to come to repentance.

In my opinion. Just, no, God is not a bully with a magnifying glass. He has a perfect plan for everyone. Stop looking for answers and ask Him. Stop listening to others and listen to Him. Pray every day. Worship on the Sabbath. Love your mom and dad. Love you neighbor!

Also, 1000 years in brimstone will probably feel like an eternity...
edit on 24-3-2012 by sting130u because: eta

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

...we are all egotistical arses and believe we are right. I think I'm right. You think your right. He thinks he is right. In the long run, together, collectively, we are all WRONG! Only God is right, and He will tell you what is right. He is trying to tell you what is right.

Declaring that god exists only reiterates your position that you think you are right and everyone else is wrong, which disclaims your previous statement that we are all wrong.

If I can admit that god might exist, why is it so difficult for those of faith to admit that they might actually be wrong and that god might not exist?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

...we are all egotistical arses and believe we are right. I think I'm right. You think your right. He thinks he is right. In the long run, together, collectively, we are all WRONG! Only God is right, and He will tell you what is right. He is trying to tell you what is right.

Declaring that god exists only reiterates your position that you think you are right and everyone else is wrong, which disclaims your previous statement that we are all wrong.

If I can admit that god might exist, why is it so difficult for those of faith to admit that they might actually be wrong and that god might not exist?

If you read some of my posts I point out we could all be wrong and end up in some big white room everyone together being asked if we learned our lesson and are we going to behave. I have my own evidence for God's existence but it is my own. You would not see it the way I see it. I am a happier person having faith, and a better person. Could this really be a bad thing, for me anyways? Could it be I am so dissatisfied with human beings collectively that I believe to the core that something better is out there. That if I make my life a positive even if it is with a non-existent God at least I still made it a good life? My God is real because of what He has done for me, and I continue to keep my faith in Him. It is a blind faith relationship.

My twenty year old truck runs great, business is good, jobs are plentiful, beautiful family, no deaths in family, got all my teeth, and I like all of you
. In this crazy world, I believe I am blessed and must thank someone for it.
edit on 24-3-2012 by sting130u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrioticPony

God loves us ever so...that he created a place like hell? something doesn't add up.
And some laws to respect....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I dunno. I would like to believe that a being of such power would be above such petty human concerns such as us owing "him" something. Amazing how the Abrahamic God behaves in such an irrational way, especially considering his omnipotence. I can tell you this...I don't owe the Abrahamic deity anything.

Here is a small piece of wisdom that makes far more sense considering life and death:

The Tao gives birth to all beings,
nourishes them, maintains them,
cares for them, comforts them, protects them,
takes them back to itself,
creating without possessing,
acting without expecting,
guiding without interfering.
That is why love of the Tao
is in the very nature of things.

Even god comes from the Tao....and when the universe ends even he will return from which he came.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If anyone is claiming that God does, in fact, exist, I'd love to see the evidence that gave them the knowledge. And what are some of the characteristics of God that you know of?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
If anyone is claiming that God does, in fact, exist, I'd love to see the evidence that gave them the knowledge. And what are some of the characteristics of God that you know of?
Seems like that statement got people quiet in here....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

He seems to be acting as if no one has posted anything like that in the thread already.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

This is getting so ridiculously boring that I gave up on the subject matter. Why should I present my proof to you of God's existence? You'll see nothing, while I point it all out to you. Like a magic eye, some people can see it, some people can't. You won't see the proof in my evidence, and you also lack evidence that He does not exist. God works in mysterious ways.

I give up on this topic. Wanna be saved, great! Wanna risk it thinking your oh so smart, big ego, I am right everyone else is wrong mentality than fine. Don't say thousands of people didn't try warning you through out your life time. Your going to get to watch every single time someone told you the gospel, and you will see every response you had.

I'd rather have a God and not need one, than need God and not have Him.

And to add, God just saved my life.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

And what are some of the characteristics of God that you know of?
Look at your self.....with the eyes of your mind.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Characteristics- omnipotent, omnipresent, ever loving, eternal peace, grace, forgiveness, mysterious, powerful, vengeful against those who rebel against him, and just.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Wanna risk it thinking your oh so smart, big ego, I am right everyone else is wrong mentality than fine. Don't say thousands of people didn't try warning you through out your life time. Your going to get to watch every single time someone told you the gospel, and you will see every response you had.

Wait, don't you think that you are right and everyone else is wrong? I don't think that, but I think you do. Did you know that Allah is going to punish you forever? Aren't you worried about that? Don't you see the dilemma here?

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join