It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by drgrantdiz

for example on the grammer issue.
For example this is you last resort..you didn't find another way to combat...so weak....

lol you think I don't have another argument to combat your believe that god exists, or that the bible is all true?

let's just start with one of the popular bible stories: Noah and the ark... which is 100% impossible. There is no way that noah collected two of every animal to survive on the ark because of the amount of animals in existence and the fact that certain species are only found on certain landmasses which were not discovered yet.

so how did noah get polar bears? or african elephants, or Black Mamba's, or king cobras, or silver back gorillas? or any of the countless other animals that could kill him, or could not be located in the area where the ark was allegedly built.

or

how about the story of samson? the biblical superhero with incredible strength and a ridiculous weakness.

or

how about how god broke one of his own commandments before adam and eve even got out of the garden of eden. by making adam fall asleep and stealing one of his ribs to make eve? Doesn't god say that stealing is bad?

or

how about the fact that god (who is said to be a loving god) in all of his infinite power and wisdom can't forgive us for our sins unless humans brutally tortured and crucified jesus... 'what a 'loving' god
or

hell, what about talking snakes?

the bible is so full of ridiculous stories that I don't really have to try and come up with an argument, I could open it up to any page and find a load of bull #.

if you want to point fingers at someone with no arguments look at your own posts; however incoherent they are.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

lol

incoherent
I understand,well then maybe you have a very deep thinking ...what can I say..I only feel...and know.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u
The Bible states there are life on other planets. Read it. We are going to watch as these beings just like us go through the tests. It's in the Bible brother.

remnantofgod.org...
Didn't see anything there about life on other planets.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Diamond, you need to to alot more research. Your showing negativity when you speak of God, and your kind of talking out of your nose down to everyone. And you do tend to ramble on incoherently.

Like I said, I love God, and Jesus, and have received His salvation, but the pr people are pretty bad sometimes...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Your knowledge and intellect is blinding you from seeing the true message of the Bible. Your concerned over little things that we can never know or prove to have really happened. Read with a completely open mind, and ready to take in information. Instead you have set out to prove the Bible wrong, instead of looking for the message.

And it's not up to anyone to tell you that message, you have to figure it out yourself.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

He mentions "other worlds". The Bible knew of other planets before astronomers did. It knew the earth was round before others did. It know the ocean flowed as a circulatory system, much like your blood in your body. It knew that the earth was suspended on nothing, in mid air. Come on people do your own research for crying out loud, I'm not here to do it for you. Look up science vs the Bible. You will be shocked how much they knew 2000 years ago that they are just figuring out now!

"Sister White merely illustrates that which is written with the eyes of a prophet. We will reign over those that live on the other worlds the Almighty created! And by the way, why are they considered "unfallen beings" on these other worlds? Satan and his minions were ONLY cast to this planet!

Luke 10:18, "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
Revelation 12:9, "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

And we are the ONLY race of beings in the Universes that will know first hand the knoweldge of "good and evil." Therefore we will be good Ambassadors for Christ on these other worlds. It makes all those trials and tribulations seem well worth it now eh?!"

from remnantofgod.org...

So in Rev 12:9 it states the devil deceived the whole world; he was cast OUT into THE EARTH, and his angels were cast out with him.

Sounds like two worlds.

Knowledge can be just as devastating as ignorance. I was a know it all, you can't tell me anything I'm too smart for that bs kinda of person. Now I soak in anything I can and analyze it and use critical thinking. You just think your too smart, and thats your ego, which is the reason we fell in the first place, and the reason why you won't get back up. IMO.
edit on 21-3-2012 by sting130u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX
Explain why everything I've stated is the way it is, then. What proof do you have that can explain the existence of everything on this Earth being specifically set for life to thrive?
Lol, you don't see what I'm saying. Do you understand how life evolves on a planet? The conditions have to be right for it to be there. The conditions were right for our planet...voila...here we are. The conditions were not right for Jupiter, as far as we know, and voila, no life there (again as far as we know).

One of the most important balances in our planet is revealed in the atmosphere that surrounds us.
I understand that, and if those things changed, life would have to adapt to it if it wanted to survive, just as it has done for millions of years.

In addition to the establishment of the ideal gas mixture required for life on earth, the mechanisms needed to preserve and maintain this order are created alongside with it. Any break in the balance, though instantaneous, or any change in the ratios even for a very short time period, would mean the total destruction of life. et, this does not happen. The formation of these gasses in the atmosphere just in the amount people need, and the constant preservation of these ratios indicate a planned creation.
You know this for a fact? Life can't adapt to the changes?

At the same time, the earth has the ideal size in terms of magnitude to possess an atmosphere. If the mass of the earth were a little less, then its gravitational force would be insufficient and the atmosphere would be dispersed into space. If its mass were a little greater, then the gravitational force would be too much and the earth would absorb all gasses in the atmosphere. There is an incredibly high number of conditions required for the formation of an atmosphere such as the one our world currently has and all of these conditions should exist altogether to be able to talk of life.
Again, you see this as a sign of creation, I see it as the reason why life evolved here and not on Saturn. The conditions were right. What happens when we find a planet in the same situation as ours and life is on it?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

Diamond, you need to to alot more research.
I know that again I will be...

I know God

I have been there..and I know!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

He mentions "other worlds". The Bible knew of other planets before astronomers did. It knew the earth was round before others did. It know the ocean flowed as a circulatory system, much like your blood in your body. It knew that the earth was suspended on nothing, in mid air. Come on people do your own research for crying out loud, I'm not here to do it for you. Look up science vs the Bible. You will be shocked how much they knew 2000 years ago that they are just figuring out now!
Many ancient people knew of other worlds before the bible was written. They depended greatly on the stars and planets. They could tell which were stars and which were planets by the way they moved through the sky. They had them mapped out. Sowing and harvesting was very important, so was finding your direction. I'm not shocked by what they knew back then, I've read books on it and it is amazing. They could tell the earth was round by measuring shadows and certain times of the day. I have done my research. Speaking of the bible, did you know Abraham as from Ur, a Sumerian city? He was Sumerian. He heard and knew all the stories about the gods, enki and enlil. He heard the Sumerian creation stories, and flood stories. He was the father of the Hebrews.......hmmmmm
edit on 21-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

People that have religious experiences are more than likely being deceived into another way of thinking. Those that have these experiences are usually: 1. on drugs 2. study new age occult like practices 3. believe in aliens.

No where in the Bible does it say God OR Jesus will come down here to visit, show up in toast or windows or cheese or some weird shat, and tell you everything is going to be ok. These are deceptions. For you to say you have been there and know of it, just sounds crazy to me. Maybe you have, but the chances of it being our true God, the Creator, is really unlikely.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

"Sister White merely illustrates that which is written with the eyes of a prophet. We will reign over those that live on the other worlds the Almighty created! And by the way, why are they considered "unfallen beings" on these other worlds? Satan and his minions were ONLY cast to this planet!
Are you mormon? That would explain things if you are....They believe they will become gods and rule their own planet someday.

So in Rev 12:9 it states the devil deceived the whole world; he was cast OUT into THE EARTH, and his angels were cast out with him.

Sounds like two worlds.
Don't know how you got two worlds out of that...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

They did not know of them as other worlds, but as lights in the sky or mapping out points. How can the Bible be so dead on? Take a second to listen rather than a minute to write a rebuttal. I am done on this topic. I do not want to influence your decisions. It's up to the person, not the person next to that person.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No I am NOT mormon. We are NOT gods, we are human beings created in the IMAGE of God. This was the deception satan pulled over our eyes in the beginning, and it will be the last deception he will pull over our eyes.

And if you can't read Rev 12:9 without seeing the two worlds, im afraid that you are blind and should steer away from driving.

ETA: I am no religion, no affiliation with any religion. Religion is a smoke screen created by satan to deceive man kind. Religion does not save you, and will not give you grace or blessings. It is a congregational and social order, and nothing to do with the gospel or message of Jesus Christ

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

They did not know of them as other worlds, but as lights in the sky or mapping out points. How can the Bible be so dead on? Take a second to listen rather than a minute to write a rebuttal. I am done on this topic. I do not want to influence your decisions. It's up to the person, not the person next to that person.
No, they did know them as worlds. Read up on it. They even gave the planets names. They moved differently than the stars.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And if you can't read Rev 12:9 without seeing the two worlds, im afraid that you are blind and should steer away from driving.
How dare you? I am blind. I use a special computer to type this. If there are two worlds, where is this other world you speak of? Must be close since Satan fell from it and landed here. Wonder how he didn't burn up as he entered our atomsphere...?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

[No I am NOT mormon. We are NOT gods, we are human beings created in the IMAGE of God. This was the deception satan pulled over our eyes in the beginning, and it will be the last deception he will pull over our eyes.
We are created in god's image? Were chimpanzees also created in his image? Just curious because we look similar to each other.

Next, before god created anything, why did he need a nose? Mouth? Eyes? Ears? etc.?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

No, they did know them as worlds. Read up on it. They even gave the planets names. They moved differently than the stars.

My question to you is who told you this?!!? Some book?! Some teacher?! So you pick and choose what YOU believe in. Great. Thats the problem here. Regurgitate what your told in school or other books, but completely ignore a book whose thousands of prophecies are coming truer every day.

In school we were taught the sky was blue. Older you got, you learned it was not blue but rather the reflection of the oceans giving it that color, as well as water in the atmosphere.

We learned that milk was good for us, and that is NOT true.

We learned that vaccines were good for us, and anyone with a brain can tell you different (as far as the metals go)

We learned that you should eat 3 meals a day.

That we should brush our teeth with harmful fluoride 3 times a day.

Your mechanic tells you your oil should be changed every 3000 miles, which you know is not necessarily true.

Knowledge is just as bad as ignorance. The stupidest people I know have so much book smarts, but when it comes to critical thinking, all you get is a duh.

And your argument for the chimps will hold no water. You may see similarities between you and a chimp, but when I look at one it is so far from being what I am its ridiculous. If you believe we came from chimps, why are chimps still around? Or apes? When the hell did we look at our ancestors and say "Sorry mom, dad, I must leave you in the jungle. I am man now and walk upright. Thanks for taking care of me"

That leaves more questions than answers. My family tree has no chimps or gorillas or monkeys. Royal blood, yes. But not animal ancestors.

Gnight

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

Maybe you have, but the chances of it being our true God, the Creator, is really unlikely.
The true and the only one God.

There are powers beyond your understanding.

Like the power of a leaf falling on the ground.

or the power of a drop of water in a rain falling on the ground

so on...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

My question to you is who told you this?!!? Some book?! Some teacher?! So you pick and choose what YOU believe in. Great. Thats the problem here. Regurgitate what your told in school or other books, but completely ignore a book whose thousands of prophecies are coming truer every day.
Yes, a book. He shows how these ancient people knew those lights were planets. They constructed certain monuments that tracked the planet's movements. They knew they were different from stars. Have you seen the sumerian heiroglyphs that show the planets?

In school we were taught the sky was blue. Older you got, you learned it was not blue but rather the reflection of the oceans giving it that color, as well as water in the atmosphere.
And...therefore the sky is blue.

We learned that milk was good for us, and that is NOT true.

We learned that vaccines were good for us, and anyone with a brain can tell you different (as far as the metals go)

We learned that you should eat 3 meals a day.

That we should brush our teeth with harmful fluoride 3 times a day.

Your mechanic tells you your oil should be changed every 3000 miles, which you know is not necessarily true.

Knowledge is just as bad as ignorance. The stupidest people I know have so much book smarts, but when it comes to critical thinking, all you get is a duh.

You're on the right site with all your consprital ideas...
edit on 21-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

And your argument for the chimps will hold no water. You may see similarities between you and a chimp, but when I look at one it is so far from being what I am its ridiculous. If you believe we came from chimps, why are chimps still around? Or apes? When the hell did we look at our ancestors and say "Sorry mom, dad, I must leave you in the jungle. I am man now and walk upright. Thanks for taking care of me"
Either you are trolling here, or you are showing your ignorance when it comes to evolution.

So yeah, explain why god had ears, eyes, nose, mouth, fingers, toes, tongue, and all other features when he was there all by himself.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join