It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Dense Fog hits Toronto Right Now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
CP24

Wow Holy Crap forgive me ATS mods but i had to say it is the biggest Dense fog i have ever seen in Toronto.
This isn't some FOG it hit some parts of all GTA.

Please watch it on a web cam i am watching our local news coverage of it.

Its like a scene out of that Movie The Fog.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Heres more
Source
edit on 20-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I am in Brantford and its nasty. I expect a few fender-benders today.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

sorry but i dont really see the need of an alarming thread...i might be wrong

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It's that time of year..... we had thick fog Sunday, couldn't see your hand in front of your face! I love weather like that! It is so mysterious... took a picture as it started creeping up to our house-

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
newmarket is as thick as pea soup!!! birds cant even see!!! there flying into my bay window!
but on a positive note, happy spring everyone.
hope you enjoy the freakish weather!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Looks quite foggy but nothing particularly bad. Mind you, i love fog so may have a different view to most of you!

ETA:

Just to clarify, bad fog over here means you cannot see the front of the car whilst driving (even at night with the lights on - makes motorways just more interesting!).
edit on 20-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Fog.

Spooky.

Thank god I found this, was just about to fly a plane through southern Ontario...

...Or was I?

No. Was about to go to sleep.

But I could have dreamed the flight.

I could have.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
We had some intense fog as well in Quebec 2 days ago, mostly during the night. As a amateur photographer fogs are really photogenic, so I went out for a night stroll and had me some fun

It got so thick I could see the full beam of a laser pointer I got

Here one of the shot I took

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

YOU WOULD NEVER DREAM THIS, MISTER!

ionno, i've seen foggier, but what really scares me is that the article says that beginning spring, you actually get double digit temps in the afternoons... and we're talking Fahrenheit, right?

Thats the one that actually says freezing is like 32 degrees?

WHAT THE HELL?

But yeah, it's fog. I like fog that you can't see through though. Then you're playing chicken just going to work!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidhionno, i've seen foggier, but what really scares me is that the article says that beginning spring, you actually get double digit temps in the afternoons... and we're talking Fahrenheit, right?

Canada = Celsius.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

I just don't see this as an issue, even during casual conversation, unless people are veritable climatologists with a specialty in fogginess.

It's not that bad?

I used to get up in the morning about 25 years ago, and not be able to find the lawn. I kean, literally, you had to bang into it, to know it was there, and this was the massive willow tree in the middle of my old lawn.

Fog for me, real fog, is like standing under a pile of bubble wrap, really wasted and just grinning. So much fun when you're doing nothing at all.. I miss fog.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by mainidhionno, i've seen foggier, but what really scares me is that the article says that beginning spring, you actually get double digit temps in the afternoons... and we're talking Fahrenheit, right?

Canada = Celsius.

Hahaha It had to bight me eh. Get with the proper systems, you yanks!!!
Fahrenheit.. sheesh, all it does is confuse the rest of us, you know!!! We all go Ouch when we hit that really hot oven, we don't need to squabble about how high it was.. But we're greater since we start colder! 8]

Ahh well at least I can pop that part of my brain back in as not defective. The wonky temps are still as wonky as ever, and have not suddenly jumped an entire range just to befuddle me. And I learn Canada is correct in how they work it out.

Not hard tonight let me just say, in my contorted position I find it awfully hard to type with 1 finger.

edit on 20-3-2012 by mainidh because: to add incase it does not appear coherently enough after an edit, that I do not think canada is america. After re-reading my post I determined it may appear this way, but the problem with this is... I'm australian. We only think yoghurt grows on trees.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
are you effin kidding me? at first i thought it must be some pretty serious fog to warrant a thread here an new articles to boot,

but lookin at the images in those links thats NOTHIN! i live on the coast and we sometimes get fog so thick u literaly cant see your neighbors house, in suburbia! and whats more it doesnt make the news!

seriously. over reaction here.

i can only hope it is much thicker and those pictures are a bad representation of its intensity, otherwise this coverage and reaction are totaly unwarranted

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Im trying to look up what you are talking about. I also looked for most current UFO sightings in youre area, so far I have found a major sighting on Valentines Day. These beings like to hide in the clouds..I will keep on looking and return on here later.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Canada = Celsius.

Off topic Just had to add my two. Fahrenheit/Celsius. Fahrenheit is for Humans and Celsius is for Science IMHO. I'm in Canada but grew up during the transition. For math and science, Celsius is the way to go. For Humans Fahrenheit is more realistic. When I grew up if it was 55 F out ,I knew i needed a jacket. IF weather man said 65-75 F t-shirt and shorts. 85-90 F get the g-ray sauce out and beach it. 45F that's chilly. 28F Freezing and I feel it. Celsius is a joke for humans. I know is a great standard for math and science but for humans NOT. The Range of values of the scale is to small. OH its going to be 10C feels like 5C with the wind chill or 25C with a Humidex of 30C. 2 feels like -5, blah blah. AS Soon as Fahrenheit goes into the negatives we know THAT'S DAM COLD. Take your child's Temp. Which one tells you they got a fever BETTER. The precision of Celsius as a scale is terrible for humans. Fahrenheit scale precision for humans is realistic.Greater range!!! Greater discrimination. Funny the back of my pack of french fries going to the oven in F, like my stove!! Just my two In Canada. Gotta agree with the Yanks on keeping Fahrenheit as a standard.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Look up UFO Sightings in Toronto, Canada Valentines Day 2012 and UFO Netherlands Jan-29-2012..IS this for REAL?? Did you see that in Toronto? I have never seen any UFO sighting that big! Im sorry, I dont know how to attach the link on here yet..If this footage is real..Its time for NORAD to start searching for that!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Lol i was just on my way to work, north of Markham, i could only seen like few feet from my car, it was especially more dense near farm areas. Traffic lights popped out of no where lol.

Yes this is the most dense fog in a while.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesiaha
We had some intense fog as well in Quebec 2 days ago, mostly during the night. As a amateur photographer fogs are really photogenic, so I went out for a night stroll and had me some fun

It got so thick I could see the full beam of a laser pointer I got

Here one of the shot I took

What a great shot you sure have a good camera
and wow and this afternoon is like this fog never happened.
Still was beautiful.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Thanks

here's another

And here's how the city looks without fog

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here is my shot of the fog early in the morning...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join