It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo Ring around the Sun over Switzerland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hi guys

I was on the weekend on our field and we had some funny weather on Saturday.

While I was driving and once arrived on our field I looked at a plane and realized that there was a massive halo rainbow ring around the sun.

Funny nobody recognized it really except me.

It was so big that my camera could not have it in 1 Pic so I made several pics plus a video as well from my phone.

I have witnessed lately a lot of rainbow clouds around the sun in the past weeks during sunny days. I am no scientist but they look very cool plus the halo ring was just totally amazing.

Is this a normal occurrence or something special???

Enjoy the pics and the Video!

Hope the links will work.

Photos:

Pictures

Video:

Regards

Neversommer.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I can do you one more. I will take your halo pic and make it into one picture.
So this way it will be easier for you. Done with my homework, now just waiting for class to start.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Its neat, but not that uncommon to see this. It's caused by ice in the upper atmosphere, the same as a halo around the moon. Sometimes you can get false extra suns with the halo as well, called Sundogs.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the explanation guys.

I was already pumped that it may have been something special, cause we usually don't get so much mystical or mysterious stuff then in other countries, unfortunately.

It did look very very cool however, also those Sundogs look as well very sweet !

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neversommer

Very cool pic

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Observ321

His picture is quite amazing when you put all the shots together. If I can snatch his originals, I have a program that will put them all together to make it one solid image. That's without using photoshop. I'll post what it could look like with photoshop but how the image can come out to look like if I had the originals.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The colors and that cloud line are what define this shot that make it look beautiful. Like a stairway to heaven kind of photo. Not that I believe.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Yes it is a sundog I saw once myself once. Usually form at high altitudes in cold air,,,

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

ha! you beat me to explaining it was a sun dog!!! i've seen a few of these,and also the luner ones as well.
i have only seen the 'double sun' once,and it was a bitterly cold day. looked really cool though

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neversommer
Hi guys

While I was driving and once arrived on our field I looked at a plane and realized that there was a massive halo rainbow ring around the sun.

Funny nobody recognized it really except me.

Thanks for sharing your photos; that is quite a sight to see. I saw a sun halo here in Oregon, U.S., last May and no one around even noticed it but me. We were hiking in the mountains, but none of the other hikers looked up to see it I guess. Maybe no one looks up anymore?

I thought it was amazing, as it was so big and covered the sky, kind of like your picture. I had never seen that before, but we do have them here in the Pacific NW now and then. I hope that I get to see one again someday.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This is what it would look like as a one shot.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thanks for putting together the composite image to help us visualize it. And thanks to the OP for sharing this experience with us and reminding us to pay attention to our surroundings.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

HI neversommer , And thanks for sharing the pics and video there just stunning ive never seen a sundog before that must have been an amazeing site to see we never get anything that neat around here
peace,sugarcookie1
S&F

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It's definitely a beautiful image.

Your welcome.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I took these pictures here this past wed. I have seen these sun halos quite a bit last year and now starting again this year....

top topics

join