It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning to develop psychic abilities.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
so I was thinking.
What are the odds that humanity will develop its psychic abilities to the point that we are all very psychic. I am under the impression we all can achieve some level of intuition and other such abilities. I have from personal experience enhanced certain traits over the years. I can say with no shadow of doubt that I have developed my psychic abilities to some degree. I "learned" or became aware of these abilities slowly over time. I would say it was a combination of mental exercises and mediation coupled with a life style that supports the new frame work of mind I was trying to achieve. In the end I have proven my abilities to myself and others I trust.

I wonder, will humanity develop a system to achieve my results? Will we ever be able to collectively become aware of our abilities in such a way that it becomes the norm for our species?

I could teach what I learned but it would take years and a very devoted student. I might not be able to convey all I have learned but I could get someone started. I am not special so I wonder if there has ever been a place to learn these skills. I also wonder is there an established school where one could go to learn how to use their natural abilities now?

I know many of you don't believe but trust me it is very real and achievable. What are your thoughts about the subject of enhancing our natural abilities. Who of you think that these abilities are exclusive to "special" people. I say we all have them but only some ever learn to use them. It's like a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it gets.

edit on 20-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
so I was thinking.
What are the odds that humanity will develop its psychic abilities to the point that we are all very psychic. I am under the impression we all can achieve some level of intuition and other such abilities. I have from personal experience enhanced certain traits over the years. I can say with no shadow of doubt that I have developed my psychic abilities to some degree. I "learned" or became aware of these abilities slowly over time. I would say it was a combination of mental exercises and mediation coupled with a life style that supports the new frame work of mind I was trying to achieve. In the end I have proven my abilities to myself and others I trust.

I wonder, will humanity develop a system to achieve my results? Will we ever be able to collectively become aware of our abilities in such a way that it becomes the norm for our species?

I could teach what I learned but it would take years and a very devoted student. I might not be able to convey all I have learned but I could get someone started. I am not special so I wonder if there has ever been a place to learn these skills. I also wonder is there an established school where one could go to learn how to use their natural abilities now?

I know many of you don't believe but trust me it is very real and achievable. What are your thoughts about the subject of enhancing our natural abilities. Who of you think that these abilities are exclusive to "special" people. I say we all have them but only some ever learn to use them. It's like a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it gets.

Thank you for posting a very insightful thread.

I've been a psychic medium my entire life, though only really focused on developing it around age 11 after I had a paranormal experience that completely changed even my early perception of life. Since then, I've given numerous readings, all for free, and have had the opportunity to help a lot of people. You are completely right in saying that these abilities can only be developed through practice. My grandmother had an ability, and in turn my mother had an ability, though was ashamed of it, did not 'work her muscle', and therefore is currently no longer as intuitive.

I believe that consciousness isn't our brain, that our brain is merely a tool that channels our consciousness. To develop your psychic abilities, all you're doing is adjusting your brain to meet the same frequency as a "higher consciousness."

It's like a radio. Undeveloped individuals have static. People who pursue their potential change the channel to a higher consciousness, thus "psychic" abilities.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

I like the thought of tuning in like a radio. I have been under the impression that we share a global link. What we call "source" is actually a link we have to our collective conciseness.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

reply to post by ofNight

I like the thought of tuning in like a radio. I have been under the impression that we share a global link. What we call "source" is actually a link we have to our collective conciseness.

I too have a similar if not identical belief. I believe in a collective consciousness, all the knowledge and insight in the universe as a whole, a consciousness we can all tap into. I believe it is from this source that all information is acquired, whether it be scientific or personal epiphanies. Some may even say that this consciousness, or the Source is what could be defined as "God", and in a sense we are merely tapping into the consciousness of God, because God is that consciousness, which then allows us to have access to information that is labeled "psychic".

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Yeah I have from time to time thought of "God" as a consciousness rather than an entity. I too believe that it is the source of ALL knowledge. I have read in many places that God created life so as to know himself. He /it became self aware through us all. It is interesting that all religions agree that by following their particular doctrines we become closer to god. They all say for the most part that we will be inspired by him to live a righteous life or that by our righteous life he will inspire us to be close to him.

I was wondering. Have you ever been able to manifest energy projection? Like a light show around your person.
I was lucky enough to have this trait show itself in an intense emotional state with another person. I didn't allude to what it was since I was sure I was the only one seeing it. I was pleasantly surprised when the other person saw it as well. She made no mention of it until some days later. I tried to explain but stopped once I saw she was more freaked out by it than intrigued.

I ask because I was wondering if that was a transference of some kind. She immediately was in MY mood. Happy and not very sad like she was before. I was helping her through a tough time. I have had this "light show" so to speak every now and again when I am in a very compassionate mood. Thoughts?

contact?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I think to some point yes.

There must be some kind of connection between people, i kinda have some proof with my own family.

When i used to live at home i would have dreams of something that would happen the next day, and some of these came true, most of them were just conversations between people and i knew what they would say next, But the scary thing is my mum would have the same dream and know too.

it only happened a few times but was very odd

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Very interesting query!! Hoping this thread takes off when people start waking up today!
As for me...I believe we all have many abilities, we have only to figure out which they are
and exercise them!! Undetermined so far as to God being a collective consciousness or
otherwise....
Is there no way you could post a highly condensed simplified version of your process??
Also...which abilities exactly did you acquire?? ♥

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
There is a methodology I used to teach people for starting to open their inner eye, that is relatively simple and on the whole quite effective, the methodology involves opening people up to be able to detect the Aura around both people and animals, (all things also have an aura though, even plants, rocks and crystals, even to some extent artificial materials too)

I have often wondered whether or not to post it on here, although perhaps to post it properly I could do with a computer artist to help with a couple of illustrations.

however we all do ave psychic abilities, but not to the same extent, it is like anything else some are more gifted than others, for example I can play football, but I will never be a Ronaldo or a Messi no matter how much I dream of being or wish it
but everyone can achieve a level of awareness, and with practice it will get stronger and stronger, like exercising a muscle.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight

I too have a similar if not identical belief. I believe in a collective consciousness, all the knowledge and insight in the universe as a whole, a consciousness we can all tap into. I believe it is from this source that all information is acquired, whether it be scientific or personal epiphanies. Some may even say that this consciousness, or the Source is what could be defined as "God", and in a sense we are merely tapping into the consciousness of God, because God is that consciousness, which then allows us to have access to information that is labeled "psychic".

This is my experience too. Because of my early education and the experiences in my life on up, I feel a connection with this too and experience what many call "psychic" abilities as well. I do not find developing them that difficult (but then perhaps that is just because my life experiences provided a necessity and context for it), on the other hand, I find living with it the difficult part, that takes a lot of time and effort to learn and master.

I suspect many people who suffer mental illness have a highly developed "psychic organ" yet cannot master it. The amount of information I get flooded with sometimes is overwhelming. There is nothing that surprises or shocks me, but it often requires a process of "digestion"- and the word is appropriate for it is just like the biological process. A process of organizing, analyzing, stretching out concept and emotion and thought into linear form, taking out the "nutrients" (that which is beneficial) from it, and letting go of that which is not.

Where this gets very difficult is when it is people close to me, people I care about. The things they have shoved deep down and that transmit via the colelctive consciousness channel are there precisely because they didn't want to face them.. So revealing them, speaking them, even acting them out, is extremely troubling to them... or in some cases it is cathartic, and they get relief from seeing someone else manifest their unwanted feelings and emotions and percieving it as not theirs. It's like passing on the hot potato so others can get burned instead. This creates the scapegoats and mules of the most sensitive and empathic around them. Of those who cannot bridle those emotions and master them, it can be quite destructive.

You end up with the "positive" people and "negative" people in appearence- and yet in reality, a whole lot of the negative stuff one side is carrying is that of the positive's! It is somewhat a spiritual imbalance one can see reflected in material and physical affairs, and the progressive separation of the rich and the poor in a society.

Here is what I percieve right now, on the question of the future and this particular facet of human senses-
When this separation gets too big, too many people are not owning their own thoughts and emotions, flushing them down the drain of denial and into the colelctive consciousness.....when too many empaths are infected with that sludge, and the two no longer recognize their connection and common source, then nature wipes the slate clean. Like the tide comes up to even out the beach. The wave of suffering knocks through all barriers and wakes up the compassion again in everyone, and they all must own up to their own pain.

She's done it before, and will do it again. And for a while, we'll be linked again, and aware of that deep stream and sharing through it, and recognizing ourselves in it... until it starts the long process of separation again, as some wish to rid themselves of their negative side and separate All That is, into good and evil, positive and negative.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

I´ll try but I don't really know where to start. It is a case specific approach. Like if I see I need to first become aware of deep thought and paradox, I´ll try and get in a neutral state so I can see a little farther than my current perspective allows. Emotion is key to getting the right energy for the process. I find that trying to exclude emotion only closes the channels we use to connect to source. In the end I always end up where I start. It is like a bubble is created where I can gather myself. From there I drift a little until I find myself in a new frame of mind. After that I am on auto pilot. I remember at first I would break out of it until I began allowing the random energy and thoughts to just pass through me.

I would say that each step of the process requires that you just let go. You have to be like a tunnel or a passage. If you act like a gate way then you allow a higher consciousness to rise up from within you in response to the different energy/ thoughts you will come across.

I think in the beginning you have to focus on achieving a neutral state in which you allow all things to pass through you. Evil and good must be as nothing to you. When they manifest you have to be able to stay your course without directing yourself in either direction. Like gravitating to your core from the outer reaches. You have to resist short cuts or even the "way".

When you realize your core entity you then are able to decide. It is a very primal decision. You make this choice at every turn in life but int his state it is a very clear and finite. I would say this is the first step. This state of mind is essential to building your own way. In the end you nust make your own. Others can guide you but you must at some point realize what your own heart is.

The constant regulation of emotion is IMO not condusive to higher thought. I would argue that every emotion is necesary and that those that cause discomfort must be confronted. They are the closed gates that cause static from disconection to the source we share. Once overcome they are as nothing. Like an open gate.

The "system" is what ever you use to open your gates. The energy required to do so comes from your emotion. It is not the enemy of enlightenment. It is the road.

I think a common fallacy is that we believe happieness comes from feeling nothing but good things and when we inevitably feel something negative it throws us off. I think the act of overcomming negative things is a motive for happieness. Joy is the celebration of your proximity to positivety. I would not try and be joyful but rather overcome negativety so as to take the path step by step toward fullfillment. In that state we can acheive all things.

When all emotion passes through you and you can project pure thought into your mind and others. That is the first step in developing any form these abilities can be expressed in.

Like remote viewing can be achieved when you realize the pure form of your place in the universe and your target location.

Reading a person's thought can be achieved when you can hear your pure thought and theirs.

etc.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I absolutely agree. Those of us that can manage to deal with the burden of emotion others can't do so because they "flush" those emotions down the drain of collective consciousness.

The process could be described as digestion. I think I would say as well that insanity is not from imbalanced intelligence but rather form over powerful psychic traits that are unbearable to the other undeveloped parts of the mind.

In the end I think that the link is self aware and it cuts itself off when the receiver is out of whack. Like we ourselves cut off an infected limb.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

I think that we all have talent for some particular trait. It could be compared to you having larger lungs than most so high altitude running is easier for you than someone with smaller lungs.

Our abilities are just those that are pronounced enough that we notice them.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rutters1983

Yeah a good place to start is with family since there is such a strong bond already. Usually it is uncomfortable for family to discuss the possibility that there is no secrets between them but when that environment exists it is easier for them to project and you to receive. and vice versa

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I personally wouldn't want to encourage or teach others (widely and randomly) how to open these channels and increase their receptivity. My reason is that I don't feel everyone can do so safely. They can hurt themselves, I've seen it happen. For some, it can be like putting a beginner rider on a hot blooded stallion- there will be bruises. Yet the beginner, with their limited awareness of the art, is not always in a position to judge if they will be able to handle it or not and could jump ahead of themselves in steps.....hence, I believe, the tradition of master/student relations.

But that is just my own opinion, and I am not about to push it on anyone else, of course.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The collective consciousness does not equal God. The collective consciousness is a reflection of God. Helps us to understand the concept better. As above, so below. Fragmented parts making up a unified whole.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I was thinking about your post over and over. I think I have come to agree with you.

I had a childhood friend that was like my shadow. We were always together. When we started high school he got very involved in witchcraft. He loved trench coats and hot topic. He was a real dumbass since he only liked the look and vanity of it.

I in an honest effort to give him some substance to his crazy ramblings tried to help him find a higher understanding of the things he was interested in. It led me to do research and eventually learn allot although I never liked the whole new age BS that was being used to sell candles and magic books.

We eventually had regular guided meditation exercises every week. On one occasion the TV was on in his living room and it was a real nuisance. He was about to get up and shut it off. I thought about how annoying it was (riki lake was on and they were chanting the "go riki" thing) I get VERY upset at the thought of it. I don't know why. I immediately thought about it and it shut off.

He was witness to this sort of phenomenon before when we were kids with our Sega genesis´. whenever he wanted to play madden I would make the thing turn off or reset. I hate that game. He eventually caught on and we would joke about it.

Now we were in HS and he was into witchcraft and he remembered. He immediately asked to learn to do that. Mind you I still haven't figured out how I would do it on que exactly, it is more a certainty that it will shut off or reset coupled with an intense feeling of projected disruption. I have since erased that from my mind kind of.

I said ok and we spent the next day trying to repeat it. I managed to do it twice more. He was getting frustrated and eventually broke down. In that desperation I guess, he did it. He shut off his radio. We had been using his dads old radio. He broke it too. I felt like I did him a great service and went home feeling like a little god.

The next day I learned he spent all night trying to do it with limited results. He became obsessed with it. He eventually learned to some degree how to reproduce it. He was hungry for more. I also noticed he was a jerk all of a sudden. He was always a sort of loser but now he was on a power trip. He was hell bent on causing injury to someone. I would see him looking up at planes and making his ridiculous face he would do when he was really focused on something.

It freaked me out. I admit I did something to him. One day when he was sleeping I put my hand on his forehead and willed his mind be closed. The next day he woke up with a bad head ache. He never repeated the "test". He also looked a little sick for a while. I don't know how I thought to do it but I knew I had to. I realized the insanity of what I had done after but at the time I was not me. I would not have hurt him. I don't think what I did was evil. It was just necessary.

I felt really bad since I think I set him back farther than before we started to practice. I eventually grew up and left allot of that behind, but not entirely. I still retain all my knowledge about those years burried in my mind yet have not had the urge to use it all.

I have found that by taking power upon ourselves we expose ourselves to a dark side of our selves we may not be ready to face. I find myself very much ready for it all now and have been slowly building in my mind as of the last 8 years. It feels like I am ready to use what I have been warming up to all these years.

In short I think we have to be careful of what we reveal to people. I always keep a large part of my understanding about this subject to myself. It is instinct. I don't know why I let my friend I spoke about before enter my inner circle of teaching. I trusted him I guess. I have not spoken to him in a long time. Every now and again I think about what I did to him but I never feel bad. I only regret revealing that part of me to him. I was a kid and didn't know better.

I still feel inclined to teach though. I have never taken up some one under my wing so to speak since. I am hesitant to show any one else what I have learned but still think it is necessary. I have a long way to go as far as my own development but I feel confident I must take up a student eventually. I would like it to be one of my kids but I have learned from a few people that that could ruin our relationship.

I don't know. This whole subject can leave you feeling out there. I don't know who to trust anymore in this life beyond my wife, kid and 1 friend. Who I could convey this all to I don't know but it would be a waste of a life's effort if I took it to my tomb. But yes. It might be better a waste than an evil. I don't want to be even slightly responsible for causing pain to anyone because I was irresponsible with my gift.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ofNight

Yeah I have from time to time thought of "God" as a consciousness rather than an entity. I too believe that it is the source of ALL knowledge. I have read in many places that God created life so as to know himself. He /it became self aware through us all. It is interesting that all religions agree that by following their particular doctrines we become closer to god. They all say for the most part that we will be inspired by him to live a righteous life or that by our righteous life he will inspire us to be close to him.

I was wondering. Have you ever been able to manifest energy projection? Like a light show around your person.
I was lucky enough to have this trait show itself in an intense emotional state with another person. I didn't allude to what it was since I was sure I was the only one seeing it. I was pleasantly surprised when the other person saw it as well. She made no mention of it until some days later. I tried to explain but stopped once I saw she was more freaked out by it than intrigued.

I ask because I was wondering if that was a transference of some kind. She immediately was in MY mood. Happy and not very sad like she was before. I was helping her through a tough time. I have had this "light show" so to speak every now and again when I am in a very compassionate mood. Thoughts?

contact?

Very interesting post!

It's quite interesting that you bring up the energy transference. Three weeks ago, I was comforting my mother because we received news that my terminally ill aunt thought she would die that night. As my mother and I sat in the room, I told her from experience as to how dying isn't anything to be afraid of, that I've encountered numerous spirits who crossed over into the Source.

As I was doing this, though I'm not religious by any means, I asked her if she'd like to say a prayer, for comfort. I said all of what you'd expect someone in my position to say in a prayer, and was able to maintain my composure the entire time. The weird part came when the prayer was over, my mother moved her head and I saw a large, indigo energy taking the place where her head once was. My face was in awe, she looked at me because she didn't know what was wrong, and I had to take a second to reassemble my my mental marbles and change my pants.

Definitely bizarre. I know that I was feeling comforted during the prayer, and it brought her comfort as well. Even before I saw the indigo energy, which dissipated after a few seconds, there was a strong sense of a connection. It fits closely to what you mentioned, thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Do you think it is either nature or nurture?

I believe it is both, like an athlete that has a fast twitch muscles but still needs coaching.

I was born switched on. (Gypsy bloodline) And it has taken many years to be able to put up a barrier to other peoples emotions. I wish there had been a teacher to help me find this quicker in my life.

BUt it does seem to need emotion to get the best results in healing though.

But there was one time I was really angry, after the HS teacher had put all my class in detention and I had done nothing wrong, as I came into my mum's front room, the light bulb literally blew up; glass all over the floor. I have had to work hard, so that people can't feel my emotions, as I am a projector of emotions.

I think my main way to get results, is to picture what I want in my mind's eye (visualisation) and then just let it somehow float, I used to daydream and this is similar to what needs to happen next.
I also use my left hand for healing and my right for fighting entities, in my mind's eye.

I used to OBE at night when I was toddler to teens. I remember stairs, a place I later learned was a Hindu pyramid/temple. And after my first dog got run over, I learned to OBE to Heaven. Now that place is fun.

Tons of other stuff but you have to have an imagination or high visual abilities/learning style. This is why school only teaches in the auditory learning style.

TO ofNight;
Indigo is the aura colour of spirtiuality. My youngest has seen my aura whilst I was praying at Avebury, it was green. (Healer).
Later I was practicing with my 2 teenagers, aura reading and we saw each other's; all indigo, but mine had a pink tinge (pink is love).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've always thought that this was a kind of skill that one could learn and practice. However, I've never known anyone who could teach me how to do it, I would love to know. Of course with giant ego I assume I would be good at it, but who knows.

What exactly are these "abilities" you have? Can you teach me?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Many, if not most, “secret societies” teach these abilities, it´s pretty easy to research. Indigenous communities and shamans, many oriental traditions, Tibetan Buddhism, some yoga schools, and even some books. I also believe some “entities” can teach you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join